TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, murdered, Scurry County, Dec 2010 *Arrest in 2021, released in 2023* #4

Yeah ,I would love to say all these examples are the same but Clint and His P.I are domestic partners or were for a hot minute. Maybe it is over now. I dunno but

I hadn't heard that but then I haven't checked on Hailey's case in a couple of years til the arrest this week. Could I get a link to the PI and Clint being domestic partners thing? News to me.

Would someone offer how DNA plays into this? I assume HD was sexually abused given his perverted ways, but after 3 years I assume her remains were skeletal.
Maybe LE was not able to get a warrant for his DNA until they had probable cause? They could have had samples all along, but were never able to match it with his DNA if he refused to give a sample. Imo

Maybe LE was not able to get a warrant for his DNA until they had probable cause? They could have had samples all along, but were never able to match it with his DNA if he refused to give a sample. Imo
It is hard to believe they couldn't get a warrant for his DNA before this. He was the last to see her, was busted with child *advertiser censored*, and her body was found on land owned by his family.

The probable cause needed to get a DNA sample is lower than that needed for arrest for murder.

It is hard to believe they couldn't get a warrant for his DNA before this. He was the last to see her, was busted with child *advertiser censored*, and her body was found on land owned by his family.

The probable cause needed to get a DNA sample is lower than that needed for arrest for murder.
Yes, it is hard to believe. But why did LE only now just get a warrant for his DNA?

Maybe they didn't have enough probable cause before to charge him with murder, and were waiting for the DNA?

Last edited:

Yes u wonder about this also. If he was convicted and spent time in jail due to the CSAM then wouldn't collection and filing of DNA be part of any sentencing?

EDIT: I remembered this fairly detailed article that provides some description of the remains recovered and of the investigative path leading up to now.

I'd forgotten about the "it's like killing a deer" comment by SA.

Cold case: Suspect named, but Texas girl's murder remains unsolved

Last edited:
Yes u wonder about this also. If he was convicted and spent time in jail due to the CSAM then wouldn't collection and filing of DNA be part of any sentencing?
It depends on whether it was a misdemeanor or a felony. Was he convicted of a felony? For some reason I thought he was never convicted for the child *advertiser censored*.

Other evidence was collected, including her bedding, way back when.
Yes, they must have DNA from the initial crime scene, or where they believe the crime took place. It just seems like they would have connected it to him long ago. There must be some other evidence discovered recently that finally allowed LE to get a warrant for his DNA.

Or, maybe because of recent technology in DNA testing, they were able to develop a profile taken from evidence they already had. Imo

Last edited:
Another warrant was issued, out of Howard County, but the judge in that case refused to release the search warrant affidavits to the media although FOI requests were made. That warrant is believed to have been for the "body" of Adkins, meaning it was most likely served to obtain DNA evidence.
http://www.ktxs.com/news/27240749/detail.html

"A second search warrant, served Thursday evening at the home of Billie Dunn, was a warrant for Adkins' body, signed by a Howard County judge. According to Mitchell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs, they were looking for an item Adkins commonly carries with him. He did not have it on him, Toombs said."
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=353126

A second search warrant, served Thursday evening at the home of Billie Dunn, was a warrant for Adkins' body, signed by a Howard County judge. According to Mitchell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs, they were looking for an item Adkins commonly carries with him. He did not have it on him, Toombs said.
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=353126

The links above were C&P from older threads here at WS, the links of course do not work all this time later. Hard to believe no one took a cheek swab to get a DNA Profile, but maybe. I certainly can't find anything that says DNA was collected.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back