Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, as I intended (and Alternative Paradox suggested), he left the phone out of the car whilst he was doing whatever he was doing, i.e. the phone’s location doesn’t confirm ScW’s location (or BW’s location) through this time…
OK. Just seems strange that he would be aware of the phone being traced on this occasion but not on others? Think you are right though if on this occasion he was disposing of the body and wanted to ensure the location could not be traced.

I do not think he is a reliable source of information.
No me either. Also he would not be privy to any evidence information relating to the case. BUT he said that his mother had told him this. If there is forensic evidence when could we expect it to be presented to the court? Not familiar with how trials work.

Can anyone help shed light on the reason why they would have purchased another SIM card when they bought a top up voucher? For example could this signify that there was another phone in use, or another ‘account’ for a handset already in use? Forgive me my tech ignorance… are steps/ location/ calls etc saved by the SIM or by the handset?

No me either. Also he would not be privy to any evidence information relating to the case. BUT he said that his mother had told him this. If there is forensic evidence when could we expect it to be presented to the court? Not familiar with how trials work.

We have only heard information relating to evidence from one witness so far. Much more to come,in my opinion.

Forensic evidence is usually the last witness that the Prosecution will call, so hopefully we will hear this next week.

i did also wonder the part a new sim card would play

cant think of anything unless they were using it to create a fake call from BW...new number, friends phone type of scenario

I thought I had read that there was no forensic evidence which I assume to mean that no DNA /blood was found say in the cars,the lock up etc? Her brother has also said there is no forensic evidence which is why he believes she is alive? I do not know this for a fact of course . I know there have been no body murder convictions but not sure how it is proved with no DNA evidence?

The Margaret Fleming case had no body and no DNA/blood evidence and they were convicted of killing her.

Re: DNA/blood evidence...this is a family member. They've been around each other for years. BW might have cut her finger at the garage. Her hairbrush might have fallen out of her bag when she chucked it into the back of the car. Two minor examples, but there will almost certainly be BW's DNA all over the car, etc. from family life. Of course, the quantity of any blood traces and any unusual features that cannot be explained by regular activities would form part of the case, one assumes.

My point (such as it is) is that DNA/blood evidence potentially has heavier lifting to do in a case of a minor family member and a possible scene/s of crime that BW had frequented previously and harmlessly (IF she did, all 100% speculation here).

Google Maps

I’m not familiar with the area so used the prison’s postcode for reference as we don’t know where in the Westwood area. IMO the timeline fits for a walk there and back between Padholme Rd and somewhere in the Westwood area.
55 mins is how long it would take to walk from town end of padholm road to the prison . 15 mins in a car

Can anyone help shed light on the reason why they would have purchased another SIM card when they bought a top up voucher? For example could this signify that there was another phone in use, or another ‘account’ for a handset already in use? Forgive me my tech ignorance… are steps/ location/ calls etc saved by the SIM or by the handset?
It's what you call a 'burner SIM', when you want to make an untraceable call from your phone. Use it once and chuck it away. They probably paid by cash.

TIMELINE

Jun 10 - SaW’s baby (girl) born.

Jul 16, Thu
- SaW's last TikTok video until end of August.

Jul 16, Thu – BW told SaW that ScW had been abusing her for about 7 years. SaW and BW talked through the night and into the morning. SaW told BW she did not believe her and warned her that her children would be taken away by social services if police became involved. BW had previously confided in an online friend about the abuse. (source trial)

Jul 17, Fri 10pm – BW was taken by ScW to spend the night at his parents’ home in Dukesmead, Werrington “while things at home calmed down”. She was crying when she arrived. Her phone remained at her home at Century Square. (source trial)

Jul 18, Sat -

1:00am – BW went to bed at ScW’s parents’ house.

3:15am – BW’s phone activated at the family home at Century Sq.

10:25amScW left Century Sq. in his Mercedes.

10:33am – GPS shows ScW went to a lock-up garage Montagu Rd in Walton. (@*advertiser censored* Habilis says this s/b Churchfield Rd and this article also reports police were searching a garage in Churchfield Rd.) He spent a few minutes there, walking around 40 steps. There was activity at Century Sq. on BW’s Gmail email account at this time. She was waiting to be picked up and was not missing yet. (source trial)

10:40am – ScW left the lock-up garage.

10:48am – There was activity at Century Sq. on BW’s facebook account.

10:49am - ScW arrived at his parent’s home to collect BW.

11:06am – ScW set off from Dukesmead, Werrington ‘to drive BW back to Century Sq.’ ScW’s parents said goodbye to BW and that was the last sighting of her by anyone other than ScW. (Weeks later, on Sep 8th, he would tell police “he had picked BW up, and made his way home. He wanted to go to McDonalds, but she didn’t want to. He wanted to confront BW over the allegations, so he pulled over to a grass verge to roll a cigarette. He said he asked her why she had made the allegations. She said she did not want to talk about it - she got out of the car and walked down an alley. He said he tried to follow her. He said to police he could not remember the exact location as he had a lot on his mind. He drew a map, but said he would not be able to locate the area. He was specifically asked if BW had her phone with her when he picked her up that morning. He said he didn’t know but he didn’t see or hear one.” )(source trial reporting)

11:16am – 11:23am – ScW’s phone travelled through Werrington, and into Gunthorpe and Dogsthorpe areas. In Gunthorpe area he got out of the car and walked 410 steps (recorded on his phone). (source trial)

11:23amScW’s phone switched off for 1.5 hrs. During that time SaW tried to call ScW and ScW’s parents but was unable to get an answer. (source trial)

12:54pm – ScW’s phone was switched back on in Gunthorpe area. (source trial)

12:54pm to 1:04pm – ScW phoned SaW for 9 mins 16 secs. He travelled from Gunthorpe to Werrington ending at the Esso garage McDonalds at 1:23pm.

1:04pm – 10 seconds after the call ended, SaW messaged her boyfriend, Christopher O’C, telling him BW had ‘run off.’

Half a minute after that, there was a log-in to BW’s Gmail account at Century Sq. Analysis of SaW’s Google account showed that BW’s Gmail password was changed to a new password, with the name ‘Chris’ in it.

1:07pm – SaW’s Google searched for a log in for a Hotmail account

1:14pm – there was activity on an Instagram account belonging to BW. During the same period, Christopher O’C messaged SaW saying it would be OK as BW had her phone. SaW messaged back saying BW didn’t have her phone, and her bag was in the car.

1:23 pm – ScW at Esso garage/McDonalds.

1:24pm – there was more activity on BW’s Instagram account, as a message was sent to a friend saying ‘Hi, it’s me, I ran away. I don’t want to be in trouble for lying.

Then there was a conversation from BW’s phone to SaW’s phone - with cell sites placing both phones at Century Sq.

The conversation said:

BW’s phone: Can you forgive me?
SaW’s phone: Of course I can darling. Please come home.
BW’s phone: Will I be in lots of trouble?
SaW’s phone: No, we can forget this happened.
BW’s phone: Really?
SaW’s phone: We need to talk about it,

The message from BW’s phone replied she was going to stay at a friend’s home, with a reply from SaW’s phone asking her to come home, and saying ‘I just want a cuddle.

1:49pm – there was a password change on BW’s Hotmail account -again using the same password with ‘Chris’ included. An email from Microsoft confirming the password change said the change had been validated using SaW’s mobile phone number.

Just before 2pm, SaW phoned ScW, with a call lasting for three minutes and 49 seconds before the call ends - but restarts seven seconds later, lasting a further 12 minutes and 35 seconds. During that call, BW’s phone was disconnected from the network. (source trial)

2:30pm – ScW back at the lock-up garage. ScW’s phone is located again at the lock up for 10 minutes. SaW makes a video call to her mum during that time, and ScW makes a number of attempts to call her (SaW).

2:50pmScW returns home and his phone remains there until 6:15pm.

6:16pmScW and SaW’s phones both leave Century Sq., and BW’s phone re-connects to the network, and goes with them, with the journey taking them through Westwood.

6:28pm – a purchase is made at the Spa in Hampton Court, Westwood using SaW’s account - with a phone top up voucher, Sim Card and milk being bought. The top up is then used on BW’s phone.

Around 6:30pm – ScW’s phone called BW’s phone - with the call left open for 33 seconds.

6:54pmBW’s phone was disconnected from the network, and ScW and SaW leave the area of the shop.

10:14pmScW and SaW’s phones connect to different cell sites in Peterborough.

10:48pmScW and SaW’s phones both activate GPS at the lock-up garage. Steps were recorded.

11:08pmSaW and ScW left the lock-up garage.

Jul 19, Sun –

2:36amScW left the home at Century Sq. His car was seen on CCTV near the lock-up.

2:47am – GPS data puts ScW at the lock-up garage. In the 10 minutes he was there he made 172 steps.

3:00am – ScW’s phone left the lock-up.

3:00:47secs – ScW’s phone was used at the junction of Fane Road and Fulbridge Road to take a photo of a male face.

3:06am to 5:23am – ScW’s phone in Gunthorpe area.

3:08am – ScW’s phone recorded 8 steps (he's out of car).

3:10am – ScW’s phone at Ulldale Way.

5:37am – ScW’s phone back at the lock-up garage until 6am. 86 steps recorded. Then he went to McDonalds Drive Thru.

6:00am – ScW’s phone left the lock-up garage.

6:20am – ScW at McDonald’s Drive Thru.

6:35amScW at home.

Unknown time on Jul 19 - An exchange on Facebook Messenger between SaW and one of BW’s friends, on July 19, was read to jurors by Ms Wilding and Detective Constable Jacqui Quinn, of the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit. The friend wrote to apologise to SaW after she told him that BW’s abuse claims were false. He said he “just wanted to say I’m sorry for anything you read” in an exchange he had with BW. “I believed her and tried to be a good friend and help her through it and am really angry and upset with her about this,” he said. “I don’t want you to believe I think you’re a bad mum.” In her response, SaW told the boy: “I really advise you block her to be honest. “You don’t need that drama.” She went on: “I really miss her and know she’s sad right now but we can move past this.” SaW wrote that she “didn’t take (BW) to the police in the end, I took her to her grandparents”. “I hoped she would own up to them.” She added: “If I thought for one minute it’s true, her dad wouldn’t be here.

3:33pmScW’s phone located at the lock-up garage.

3:33pm – Message was sent from BW’s phone to SaW’s phone. BW’s phone was located at Westwood area near the prison. SaW’s phone was at SaW’a friend’s home on Padholme Road. The message said –“I don’t know what to do, but I will be soon, when I am ready. I really want us to delete messages too. I will tell you more later.” Ms Wilding said BW’s phone then disconnected from the network.

3:45pmScW (at the lock-up) sent a photo and a text message to his step father.

3:58pm – CCTV showed ScW’s Mercedes van leaving the lock-up garage.

4:27pm – Message from SaW’s phone replying to BW’s phone read – “OK, I’ve deleted everything. What do you want to tell me x

Evening - friends of BW tried to phone her, but the phone was switched off. A message had been sent from Instagram to BW’s Gmail account. Investigations have revealed that message had been read when police examined the account. (source)

Jul 20, Mon –

12:27amScW and SaW’s phones at the lock up garage, with BW’s phone, before travelling to Cowbit. ANPR tracked ScW’s Mercedes as it travelled along the A16 nr. Spalding and A1175 nr. Market Deeping, towards Cowbit. Both phones were then disconnected from the network but BW’s wasn’t. Messages were sent from BW’s phone to friends and to SaW.

1:00am - B texted Sarah to say she was coming home soon. (source media appeals)

1:17am – ScW’s car seen at Apple Green Service Station on A1175, for 2 minutes. Messages still being sent from BW’s phone.

1:19am – ScW’s car left the service station.

1:29amBW’s phone disconnected from network. (DC Jacqui Quinn, the officer in the case […] gave evidence, explaining to jurors what information was available from mobile phones - both when officers had the handset, and when they did not. She said BW’s phone was disconnected from the network on the morning of July 20 last year, and had not been reconnected since, The handset has not been recovered.)

1:32am to 1:37amSaW’s phone tracked 33 steps over a 5 min. period.

3:08am – (error?) – Back home in Century Sq.

3:30amSaW’s phone switched back on.

Jul 21, Tue early morning - BW reported missing by SaW in an early morning call. (source trial) She said BW had run away from her parents’ car in Skaters Way. (source media appeal)

Jul 23, Thu, 2:28pm – ScW updated his profile photo on facebook with an old photo of himself and BW. SaW added a heart.

Jul 23, Thu – SaW posted on social media that she and her two daughters were missing BW, asking BW to let them know she is safe and she could even message Chris or go and stay there.

Jul 23, ThuPeterborough Matters article - Bernadette Walker, 17, jumped out of her parent's car in Skater's Avenue, Walton on Saturday and was was reported missing on Monday, her mum explained.

The distraught mum said she was wearing black leggings, with a black crop top and a denim jacket at the time of her disappearance.

She may have changed into a black dress and some fishnets as these were found to be missing from her home.

The family had assumed she was staying with a friend but when they realised this was not the case they contacted police and now they are urging anyone who knows of Bernadette's whereabouts to contact Cambridgeshire Constabulary.

Jul 23, Thu – police officer Elizabeth Aspland went to search BW’s bedroom as part of the missing person’s investigation. ScW was in the house and he became tearful. He said SaW was in a relationship with another man called Chris. He said BW had made some false allegations [about ScW] and ScW thought it was probably to get him out of the house so Chris could move in. (source trial)

Jul 24, Fri, 00:23am – ScW updated his profile photo on facebook with a photo of BW cuddling her new baby sister.

Jul 24, Fri, 6:09pm – ScW updated his profile photo on facebook with a photo of BW with his mum.

Jul 25, Sat, 3:38pm – ScW updated his profile photo on facebook back to old photo of himself and BW.

Jul 27Peterborough Matters article - Bernadette Walker has been missing from her home since July 19, after jumping out of her parent's car in Skater's Avenue, Walton.

Her mother Sarah is concerned that Bernadette is worried that she will be in trouble, but her family want her to know that they just want her home.

She said: "We need to make it clear that she's not in any trouble, we're all worried and want to know that she's safe."

The distraught mum said she was wearing black leggings, with a black crop top and a denim jacket at the time of her disappearance.

She may have changed into a black dress and some fishnets as these were found to be missing from her home.

The family had assumed she was staying with a friend but when they realised this was not the case they contacted police

Aug 5Peterborough Matters article - Sarah said: "We have had no contact with her since 1am on July 20, when she texted me to say she would be home soon. None of her friends have heard from her and she's not accessed social media."

She added: "I can't eat or sleep properly. I miss and love my eldest princess so much, she's missing out on her baby sister, who has learned to smile and coo already. I have to think that she is hiding at one of her friend's homes, worried about coming home now that the police will want to speak to her, I can't think of any alternative scenarios, I just can't.

"I know my baby girl wouldn't be out in the open. She's scared of being out in the dark alone, that's what makes me think she's at a friend's house. I just wish someone would just say she's here and she's safe. I want to cuddle her, but right now I'd accept that she's safe and well."

Sarah's family originally believed Bernadette may have had additional clothing with her but have since found the missing items under her bed, so she would have been wearing all black with a denim jacket on.

Sarah has also been left concerned that Bernadette is viewed as medium risk in the investigation and is begging that she is moved to high risk.

She added: "I believe the police are doing their job, but as a parent I need more. I'm desperate for my daughter to be found. When will they up the risk to high instead of medium?"

Aug 13, 00:14am – ScW updated his cover photo on facebook with a photo of two of his children at the beach.

Aug 15 – ScW added a facebook post to say he graduated from Peterborough College.

Aug 24, Mon, 11:44am – ScW updated his cover photo on facebook with a photo of himself and the baby

Aug 31, Mon, 3:38pm – ScW updated his cover photo on facebook with an old photo of SaW in heavy make up, and children on swing at park.

Aug 31, Mon, 3:39pm – ScW updated his cover photo on facebook with a photo of the baby. SaW commented at 4:20 pm saying “thanks for sending me these” and then an unhappy emoji to which ScW added the wow emoji and at 6:33pm said “sorry, I can send some later if you like X”, and then another saying “sorry doh!X”.

Aug 31, Mon, 3:39pm – ScW updated his cover photo on facebook back to photo of SaW and children at the park. At 6:38pm he tagged SaW to this post with a heart emoji. He also added the ‘care’ emoji to his own post.

Aug (late) - SaW’s TikTok videos resume? (according to a WS post)

Sep 3, Thu, 9:33am – ScW adds 4 photos to facebook – one of himself with the baby in the house, another of himself with his daughter in a restaurant (same occasion as photo posted Sep 5), SaW in restaurant and another of a child’s drawing to SaW depicting ScW proposing to SaW.

Sep 5, Sat, 3:18pm – ScW updated his cover photo on facebook with an old photo of himself and BW.

Sep 5, Sat, 3:19pm – ScW updated his profile picture on facebook with a photo of SaW smiling in a restaurant. At 3:20pm SaW comments on the photo “If you’re gonna fill your Facebook with pics of me. Can u at least make sure I don’t look like ****”. There are additional back and forth comments about the photo.

Sep 7, Mon, 10:33pm - ScW posts a message on facebook to BW that police came for BW’s hairbrush and toothbrush tonight. Adds a photo of BW with baby sister sleeping on her and adds the care emoji.

Sep 8, Tues – (also reported as Sep 9th in some reports) Lisa Wilding QC, prosecuting, said that ScW was spoken to by police on September 8 about BW’s disappearance. Ms Wilding said: “He said he had picked BW up, and made his way home. He wanted to go to McDonalds, but she didn’t want to. “He wanted to confront BW over the allegations, so he pulled over to a grass verge to roll a cigarette. “He said he asked her why she had made the allegations. She said she did not want to talk about it - she got out of the car and walked down an alley. “He said he tried to follow her. “He said to police he could not remember the exact location as he had a lot on his mind. “He drew a map, but said he would not be able to locate the area.” Ms Wilding said he showed no emotion about BW- but had been emotional about losing SaW to her new boyfriend.” (source trial)

Sep 9, Weds – Same report as Sep 8th so unclear which date is correct – with one addition - “He was specifically asked if (BW) had her phone with her when he picked her up that morning. “He said he didn’t know but he didn’t see or hear one.”

Sep 9, Weds – ‘police spoke to SaW on September 9 at her new boyfriend’s address. SaW said she “didn’t believe the sexual allegations BW made against ScW, but blamed ScW for arguing with her on the way home causing BW to disappear”, Ms Wilding said. SaW also made allegations against ScW, saying that she thought he “used her thumb while she was asleep to access her phone so he could track her”, Ms Wilding said. “She said he spied on her at (her new boyfriend) Chris’s house and sent her pictures, so she knew he was there, and he messaged her repeatedly when she was at Chris’s house until he got a reply.” SaW also told police ScW should have moved out after they split up but had not, Ms Wilding said. (source trial)

Sep 10, ThursPeterborough matters article - Peterborough teenager Bernadette Walker is now considered to be high risk after she was confirmed as missing almost eight weeks ago on July 18.

Her mum Sarah Walker shared the news on social media, she wrote: "Please keep sharing. The police have now put Bernadette Walker as a high risk missing person due to the amount of time she has been missing.

"Bernadette if you can see this, please let us know that you are safe. You can set up a new Facebook or Instagram darling and message us, that way you can let us know that you're safe without giving away your location."

Sep 11, Fri, am - No-body murder investigation declared. Car seized and parents taken for questioning. (link and link )

Sep 11, Fri - ScW was arrested on suspicion of murder, and he made no comment to all questions. (link)

Sep 12, Sat, pm – A neighbour said "'I messaged her when the news came out about a suspect man being arrested and she said she had just come back from giving a statement to police." (link)

Sep 12, Sat, eve – SaW arrested on suspicion of murder

Sep 13, Sun – about 6am – SaW posted on facebook that she’s been told not to say anything else. Police used sniffer dog to search home and smashed the back window of the other car parked outside. (link)

Sep 14, Mon – early hoursScW and SaW charged with joint enterprise murder. Police say "my team have made significant progress with this investigation in the last few days" (link)

Sep 14, Mon - Police started searching at Cowbit (link)

Sep 15, Tues, late morning - Police start searching three garages in Churchfield Rd, Walton (link) Police found BW’s rucksack in a lock-up used by ScW.

“There’s evidence BW had her period at the time she disappeared,” said Ms Wilding. “You can see she had sanitary protection in her bag along with basic toiletries and clothing.”

There were sanitary towels, a book for her overnight stay, spare clothes, headphones, make-up, a watch, a facemask and a notebook. A note written by BW was found in the notebook. Ms Wilding said it read: “Told my mum about dad and the abuse. She called me a liar and threatened to kill me if I told police.” The note continued: “What kind of parent wouldn’t believe their daughter. Its fine, I’m going to pretend it is all OK until I leave home, then I will block them out of my life.” “If I was brave enough I probably would have already left or killed myself.” (link)

Nov 9 SaW’s charges reduced to perverting course of justice.
Excellent work. I wish there was a way to pin this timeline.

Not having much luck in this case with jurors.

Bernadette Walker Murder Trial: Trial not sitting today as juror taken ill

The Bernadette Walker murder trial will not be sitting today after a juror was taken ill on the way to court

The 11 other jurors in the case were told it was hoped the case would be able to restart tomorrow or Monday.

Bernadette Walker Murder Trial: Trial not sitting today as juror taken ill

This was posted by MsMiniSleuth at the end of the last thread, post #975

From Aug 5 last year.

Mum Sarah Walker has asked the public to help her in distributing posters, hoping that if she gets them into every area of the city, Bernadette will be found and will return home.

Sarah said: "We have had no contact with her since 1am on July 20, when she texted me to say she would be home soon. None of her friends have heard from her and she's not accessed social media."

She added: "I can't eat or sleep properly. I miss and love my eldest princess so much, she's missing out on her baby sister, who has learned to smile and coo already. I have to think that she is hiding at one of her friend's homes, worried about coming home now that the police will want to speak to her, I can't think of any alternative scenarios, I just can't.

"I know my baby girl wouldn't be out in the open. She's scared of being out in the dark alone, that's what makes me think she's at a friend's house. I just wish someone would just say she's here and she's safe. I want to cuddle her, but right now I'd accept that she's safe and well."

Peterborough: Missing girl Bernadette Walker still not home - PeterboroughMatters.co.uk

That says to me that B's body was left somewhere quite open. I'm sure SaW wasn't thinking about how her 'princess' was scared of the dark when she dumped her dead body hoping that no one would find it.

And considering how easily she lied to everyone and sent those fake text messages, if she was struggling to eat and sleep it was from fear of being found out, not that she was missing her 'princess'.

B wouldn't have had anything to fear from the police, either, but SaW would have!

This was posted by MsMiniSleuth at the end of the last thread, post #975

That says to me that B's body was left somewhere quite open. I'm sure SaW wasn't thinking about how her 'princess' was scared of the dark when she dumped her dead body hoping that no one would find it.

And considering how easily she lied to everyone and sent those fake text messages, if she was struggling to eat and sleep it was from fear of being found out, not that she was missing her 'princess'.

B wouldn't have had anything to fear from the police, either, but SaW would have!

I have to think that she is hiding at one of her friend's homes, worried about coming home now that the police will want to speak to her, I can't think of any alternative scenarios, I just can't.

Because she KNOWS what the real situation is, and it's like she is trying to block out what she has seen/really knows.

I know my baby girl wouldn't be out in the open. She's scared of being out in the dark alone, that's what makes me think she's at a friend's house.

Was this her subconscious talking, saying in effect BW's body wasn't outside somewhere, but in a house?

Last edited:
Looks like they are intending court to sit tomorrow

The Crown Court
at Cambridge

Daily Courtroom List for Friday 18 June 2021
FINAL 1

CAMBRIDGE

Court 1
- sitting at 11:00 am

Mrs Justice McGowan

Trial (Part Heard)
T20207197 WALKER Scott
T1729420 WALKER Sarah

Patiently waiting for the timeline so I can make sure I have everything correct.

Also, I think Scott and Sarah were both completely able bodied, I've seen too many videos from their social media of them doing things I could never even think about and I'm way younger than them. I've seen a video iirc of Scott jumping on a car, and flipping the kids upside down by their ankles and Sarah iirc was some kind of night carer? I rememeber seeing a pic of her in like those scrubs outfits before. And I know you've gotta be strong to be helping people get up and down and use the restroom, etc. IMO they buried her, they couldn't risk her coming back up, and all the other risks that could possibly happen in water as it's always changing.

Also I had a question are cadaver dogs not a thing over there? I keep reading about the trial and thinking, isn't it possible to know 100% if a dead body has been somewhere? Alot of fluids come from dead bodies...

Cadaver dogs are definitely a thing here, along with other types of sniffer dogs, but I don't think they can alone give evidence in trial. If one leads to something like a dried pool of liquid and then forensic analysis can prove that liquid was related to the crime, then I think it would just be brought in as a sample found by forensics without mentioning the dog's part in it?

I am surprised there weren't even skin cells or something in the boot of ScW's car. I don't think we'd hear if a dog hit on the boot or anywhere else though.

I'm pretty sure they took dogs on the searches that were done in Cowbit.

TIMELINE

Jun 10 - SaW’s baby (girl) born.

Jul 16, Thu
- SaW's last TikTok video until end of August.

Jul 16, Thu – BW told SaW that ScW had been abusing her for about 7 years. SaW and BW talked through the night and into the morning. SaW told BW she did not believe her and warned her that her children would be taken away by social services if police became involved. BW had previously confided in an online friend about the abuse. (source trial)

Jul 17, Fri 10pm – BW was taken by ScW to spend the night at his parents’ home in Dukesmead, Werrington “while things at home calmed down”. She was crying when she arrived. Her phone remained at her home at Century Square. (source trial)

Jul 18, Sat -

1:00am – BW went to bed at ScW’s parents’ house.

3:15am – BW’s phone activated at the family home at Century Sq.

10:25amScW left Century Sq. in his Mercedes.

10:33am – GPS shows ScW went to a lock-up garage Montagu Rd in Walton. (@*advertiser censored* Habilis says this s/b Churchfield Rd and this article also reports police were searching a garage in Churchfield Rd.) He spent a few minutes there, walking around 40 steps. There was activity at Century Sq. on BW’s Gmail email account at this time. She was waiting to be picked up and was not missing yet. (source trial)

10:40am – ScW left the lock-up garage.

10:48am – There was activity at Century Sq. on BW’s facebook account.

10:49am - ScW arrived at his parent’s home to collect BW.

11:06am – ScW set off from Dukesmead, Werrington ‘to drive BW back to Century Sq.’ ScW’s parents said goodbye to BW and that was the last sighting of her by anyone other than ScW. (Weeks later, on Sep 8th, he would tell police “he had picked BW up, and made his way home. He wanted to go to McDonalds, but she didn’t want to. He wanted to confront BW over the allegations, so he pulled over to a grass verge to roll a cigarette. He said he asked her why she had made the allegations. She said she did not want to talk about it - she got out of the car and walked down an alley. He said he tried to follow her. He said to police he could not remember the exact location as he had a lot on his mind. He drew a map, but said he would not be able to locate the area. He was specifically asked if BW had her phone with her when he picked her up that morning. He said he didn’t know but he didn’t see or hear one.” )(source trial reporting)

11:16am – 11:23am – ScW’s phone travelled through Werrington, and into Gunthorpe and Dogsthorpe areas. In Gunthorpe area he got out of the car and walked 410 steps (recorded on his phone). (source trial)

11:23amScW’s phone switched off for 1.5 hrs. During that time SaW tried to call ScW and ScW’s parents but was unable to get an answer. (source trial)

12:54pm – ScW’s phone was switched back on in Gunthorpe area. (source trial)

12:54pm to 1:04pm – ScW phoned SaW for 9 mins 16 secs. He travelled from Gunthorpe to Werrington ending at the Esso garage McDonalds at 1:23pm.

1:04pm – 10 seconds after the call ended, SaW messaged her boyfriend, Christopher O’C, telling him BW had ‘run off.’

Half a minute after that, there was a log-in to BW’s Gmail account at Century Sq. Analysis of SaW’s Google account showed that BW’s Gmail password was changed to a new password, with the name ‘Chris’ in it.

1:07pm – SaW’s Google searched for a log in for a Hotmail account

1:14pm – there was activity on an Instagram account belonging to BW. During the same period, Christopher O’C messaged SaW saying it would be OK as BW had her phone. SaW messaged back saying BW didn’t have her phone, and her bag was in the car.

1:23 pm – ScW at Esso garage/McDonalds.

1:24pm – there was more activity on BW’s Instagram account, as a message was sent to a friend saying ‘Hi, it’s me, I ran away. I don’t want to be in trouble for lying.

Then there was a conversation from BW’s phone to SaW’s phone - with cell sites placing both phones at Century Sq.

The conversation said:

BW’s phone: Can you forgive me?
SaW’s phone: Of course I can darling. Please come home.
BW’s phone: Will I be in lots of trouble?
SaW’s phone: No, we can forget this happened.
BW’s phone: Really?
SaW’s phone: We need to talk about it,

The message from BW’s phone replied she was going to stay at a friend’s home, with a reply from SaW’s phone asking her to come home, and saying ‘I just want a cuddle.

1:49pm – there was a password change on BW’s Hotmail account -again using the same password with ‘Chris’ included. An email from Microsoft confirming the password change said the change had been validated using SaW’s mobile phone number.

Just before 2pm, SaW phoned ScW, with a call lasting for three minutes and 49 seconds before the call ends - but restarts seven seconds later, lasting a further 12 minutes and 35 seconds. During that call, BW’s phone was disconnected from the network. (source trial)

2:30pm – ScW back at the lock-up garage. ScW’s phone is located again at the lock up for 10 minutes. SaW makes a video call to her mum during that time, and ScW makes a number of attempts to call her (SaW).

2:50pmScW returns home and his phone remains there until 6:15pm.

6:16pmScW and SaW’s phones both leave Century Sq., and BW’s phone re-connects to the network, and goes with them, with the journey taking them through Westwood.

6:28pm – a purchase is made at the Spa in Hampton Court, Westwood using SaW’s account - with a phone top up voucher, Sim Card and milk being bought. The top up is then used on BW’s phone.

Around 6:30pm – ScW’s phone called BW’s phone - with the call left open for 33 seconds.

6:54pmBW’s phone was disconnected from the network, and ScW and SaW leave the area of the shop.

10:14pmScW and SaW’s phones connect to different cell sites in Peterborough.

10:48pmScW and SaW’s phones both activate GPS at the lock-up garage. Steps were recorded.

11:08pmSaW and ScW left the lock-up garage.

Jul 19, Sun –

2:36amScW left the home at Century Sq. His car was seen on CCTV near the lock-up.

2:47am – GPS data puts ScW at the lock-up garage. In the 10 minutes he was there he made 172 steps.

3:00am – ScW’s phone left the lock-up.

3:00:47secs – ScW’s phone was used at the junction of Fane Road and Fulbridge Road to take a photo of a male face.

3:06am to 5:23am – ScW’s phone in Gunthorpe area.

3:08am – ScW’s phone recorded 8 steps (he's out of car).

3:10am – ScW’s phone at Ulldale Way.

5:37am – ScW’s phone back at the lock-up garage until 6am. 86 steps recorded. Then he went to McDonalds Drive Thru.

6:00am – ScW’s phone left the lock-up garage.

6:20am – ScW at McDonald’s Drive Thru.

6:35amScW at home.

Unknown time on Jul 19 - An exchange on Facebook Messenger between SaW and one of BW’s friends, on July 19, was read to jurors by Ms Wilding and Detective Constable Jacqui Quinn, of the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit. The friend wrote to apologise to SaW after she told him that BW’s abuse claims were false. He said he “just wanted to say I’m sorry for anything you read” in an exchange he had with BW. “I believed her and tried to be a good friend and help her through it and am really angry and upset with her about this,” he said. “I don’t want you to believe I think you’re a bad mum.” In her response, SaW told the boy: “I really advise you block her to be honest. “You don’t need that drama.” She went on: “I really miss her and know she’s sad right now but we can move past this.” SaW wrote that she “didn’t take (BW) to the police in the end, I took her to her grandparents”. “I hoped she would own up to them.” She added: “If I thought for one minute it’s true, her dad wouldn’t be here.

3:33pmScW’s phone located at the lock-up garage.

3:33pm – Message was sent from BW’s phone to SaW’s phone. BW’s phone was located at Westwood area near the prison. SaW’s phone was at SaW’a friend’s home on Padholme Road. The message said –“I don’t know what to do, but I will be soon, when I am ready. I really want us to delete messages too. I will tell you more later.” Ms Wilding said BW’s phone then disconnected from the network.

3:45pmScW (at the lock-up) sent a photo and a text message to his step father.

3:58pm – CCTV showed ScW’s Mercedes van leaving the lock-up garage.

4:27pm – Message from SaW’s phone replying to BW’s phone read – “OK, I’ve deleted everything. What do you want to tell me x

Evening - friends of BW tried to phone her, but the phone was switched off. A message had been sent from Instagram to BW’s Gmail account. Investigations have revealed that message had been read when police examined the account. (source)

Jul 20, Mon –

12:27amScW and SaW’s phones at the lock up garage, with BW’s phone, before travelling to Cowbit. ANPR tracked ScW’s Mercedes as it travelled along the A16 nr. Spalding and A1175 nr. Market Deeping, towards Cowbit. Both phones were then disconnected from the network but BW’s wasn’t. Messages were sent from BW’s phone to friends and to SaW.

1:00am - B texted Sarah to say she was coming home soon. (source media appeals)

1:17am – ScW’s car seen at Apple Green Service Station on A1175, for 2 minutes. Messages still being sent from BW’s phone.

1:19am – ScW’s car left the service station.

1:29amBW’s phone disconnected from network. (DC Jacqui Quinn, the officer in the case […] gave evidence, explaining to jurors what information was available from mobile phones - both when officers had the handset, and when they did not. She said BW’s phone was disconnected from the network on the morning of July 20 last year, and had not been reconnected since, The handset has not been recovered.)

1:32am to 1:37amSaW’s phone tracked 33 steps over a 5 min. period.

3:08am – (error?) – Back home in Century Sq.

3:30amSaW’s phone switched back on.

Jul 21, Tue early morning - BW reported missing by SaW in an early morning call. (source trial) She said BW had run away from her parents’ car in Skaters Way. (source media appeal)

Jul 23, Thu, 2:28pm – ScW updated his profile photo on facebook with an old photo of himself and BW. SaW added a heart.

Jul 23, Thu – SaW posted on social media that she and her two daughters were missing BW, asking BW to let them know she is safe and she could even message Chris or go and stay there.

Jul 23, ThuPeterborough Matters article - Bernadette Walker, 17, jumped out of her parent's car in Skater's Avenue, Walton on Saturday and was was reported missing on Monday, her mum explained.

The family had assumed she was staying with a friend but when they realised this was not the case they contacted police and now they are urging anyone who knows of Bernadette's whereabouts to contact Cambridgeshire Constabulary.

Jul 23, Thu – police officer Elizabeth Aspland went to search BW’s bedroom as part of the missing person’s investigation. ScW was in the house and he became tearful. He said SaW was in a relationship with another man called Chris. He said BW had made some false allegations [about ScW] and ScW thought it was probably to get him out of the house so Chris could move in. (source trial)

Jul 24, Fri, 00:23am – ScW updated his profile photo on facebook with a photo of BW cuddling her new baby sister.

Jul 24, Fri, 6:09pm – ScW updated his profile photo on facebook with a photo of BW with his mum.

Jul 25, Sat, 3:38pm – ScW updated his profile photo on facebook back to old photo of himself and BW.

Jul 27Peterborough Matters article - Bernadette Walker has been missing from her home since July 19, after jumping out of her parent's car in Skater's Avenue, Walton.

Her mother Sarah is concerned that Bernadette is worried that she will be in trouble, but her family want her to know that they just want her home.

She said: "We need to make it clear that she's not in any trouble, we're all worried and want to know that she's safe."

The family had assumed she was staying with a friend but when they realised this was not the case they contacted police

Aug 5Peterborough Matters article - Sarah said: "We have had no contact with her since 1am on July 20, when she texted me to say she would be home soon. None of her friends have heard from her and she's not accessed social media."

Sarah's family originally believed Bernadette may have had additional clothing with her but have since found the missing items under her bed, so she would have been wearing all black with a denim jacket on.

Sarah has also been left concerned that Bernadette is viewed as medium risk in the investigation and is begging that she is moved to high risk.

She added: "I believe the police are doing their job, but as a parent I need more. I'm desperate for my daughter to be found. When will they up the risk to high instead of medium?"

Aug 13, 00:14am – ScW updated his cover photo on facebook with a photo of two of his children at the beach.

Aug 15 – ScW added a facebook post to say he graduated from Peterborough College.

Aug 24, Mon, 11:44am – ScW updated his cover photo on facebook with a photo of himself and the baby

Aug 31, Mon, 3:38pm – ScW updated his cover photo on facebook with an old photo of SaW in heavy make up, and children on swing at park.

Aug 31, Mon, 3:39pm – ScW updated his cover photo on facebook with a photo of the baby. SaW commented at 4:20 pm saying “thanks for sending me these” and then an unhappy emoji to which ScW added the wow emoji and at 6:33pm said “sorry, I can send some later if you like X”, and then another saying “sorry doh!X”.

Aug 31, Mon, 3:39pm – ScW updated his cover photo on facebook back to photo of SaW and children at the park. At 6:38pm he tagged SaW to this post with a heart emoji. He also added the ‘care’ emoji to his own post.

Aug (late) - SaW’s TikTok videos resume? (according to a WS post)

Sep 3, Thu, 9:33am – ScW adds 4 photos to facebook – one of himself with the baby in the house, another of himself with his daughter in a restaurant (same occasion as photo posted Sep 5), SaW in restaurant and another of a child’s drawing to SaW depicting ScW proposing to SaW.

Sep 5, Sat, 3:18pm – ScW updated his cover photo on facebook with an old photo of himself and BW.

Sep 5, Sat, 3:19pm – ScW updated his profile picture on facebook with a photo of SaW smiling in a restaurant. At 3:20pm SaW comments on the photo “If you’re gonna fill your Facebook with pics of me. Can u at least make sure I don’t look like ****”. There are additional back and forth comments about the photo.

Sep 7, Mon, 10:33pm - ScW posts a message on facebook to BW that police came for BW’s hairbrush and toothbrush tonight. Adds a photo of BW with baby sister sleeping on her and adds the care emoji.

Sep 8, Tues – (also reported as Sep 9th in some reports) Lisa Wilding QC, prosecuting, said that ScW was spoken to by police on September 8 about BW’s disappearance. Ms Wilding said: “He said he had picked BW up, and made his way home. He wanted to go to McDonalds, but she didn’t want to. “He wanted to confront BW over the allegations, so he pulled over to a grass verge to roll a cigarette. “He said he asked her why she had made the allegations. She said she did not want to talk about it - she got out of the car and walked down an alley. “He said he tried to follow her. “He said to police he could not remember the exact location as he had a lot on his mind. “He drew a map, but said he would not be able to locate the area.” Ms Wilding said he showed no emotion about BW- but had been emotional about losing SaW to her new boyfriend.” (source trial)

Sep 9, Weds – Same report as Sep 8th so unclear which date is correct – with one addition - “He was specifically asked if (BW) had her phone with her when he picked her up that morning. “He said he didn’t know but he didn’t see or hear one.”

Sep 9, Weds – ‘police spoke to SaW on September 9 at her new boyfriend’s address. SaW said she “didn’t believe the sexual allegations BW made against ScW, but blamed ScW for arguing with her on the way home causing BW to disappear”, Ms Wilding said. SaW also made allegations against ScW, saying that she thought he “used her thumb while she was asleep to access her phone so he could track her”, Ms Wilding said. “She said he spied on her at (her new boyfriend) Chris’s house and sent her pictures, so she knew he was there, and he messaged her repeatedly when she was at Chris’s house until he got a reply.” SaW also told police ScW should have moved out after they split up but had not, Ms Wilding said. (source trial)

Sep 10, ThursPeterborough matters article - Peterborough teenager Bernadette Walker is now considered to be high risk after she was confirmed as missing almost eight weeks ago on July 18.

Her mum Sarah Walker shared the news on social media, she wrote: "Please keep sharing. The police have now put Bernadette Walker as a high risk missing person due to the amount of time she has been missing.

"Bernadette if you can see this, please let us know that you are safe. You can set up a new Facebook or Instagram darling and message us, that way you can let us know that you're safe without giving away your location."

Sep 11, Fri, am - No-body murder investigation declared. Car seized and parents taken for questioning. (link and link )

Sep 11, Fri - ScW was arrested on suspicion of murder, and he made no comment to all questions. (link)

Sep 12, Sat, pm – A neighbour said "'I messaged her when the news came out about a suspect man being arrested and she said she had just come back from giving a statement to police." (link)

Sep 12, Sat, eve – SaW arrested on suspicion of murder

Sep 13, Sun – about 6am – SaW posted on facebook that she’s been told not to say anything else. Police used sniffer dog to search home and smashed the back window of the other car parked outside. (link)

Sep 14, Mon – early hoursScW and SaW charged with joint enterprise murder. Police say "my team have made significant progress with this investigation in the last few days" (link)

Sep 14, Mon - Police started searching at Cowbit (link)

Sep 15, Tues, late morning - Police start searching three garages in Churchfield Rd, Walton (link) Police found BW’s rucksack in a lock-up used by ScW.

“There’s evidence BW had her period at the time she disappeared,” said Ms Wilding. “You can see she had sanitary protection in her bag along with basic toiletries and clothing.”

There were sanitary towels, a book for her overnight stay, spare clothes, headphones, make-up, a watch, a facemask and a notebook. A note written by BW was found in the notebook. Ms Wilding said it read: “Told my mum about dad and the abuse. She called me a liar and threatened to kill me if I told police.” The note continued: “What kind of parent wouldn’t believe their daughter. Its fine, I’m going to pretend it is all OK until I leave home, then I will block them out of my life.” “If I was brave enough I probably would have already left or killed myself.” (link)

Nov 9 SaW’s charges reduced to perverting course of justice.

Thanks so much Tortoise!

I am thinking that the 11.06am to 12.54pm is when the murder happened.

I think it was planned (judging by SaW's actions and words around this time). So I am curious why Scott went to the lockup before picking up B? Could he have got heavy black sacks out or a really large sports bag? When the phone turns off is that when he murders her and bundles the body into something, maybe puts that in the boot. Turns the phone on once the body is hidden in the boot, and goes to McD's cos murder makes you hungry, sorry and then sends the hypothetical 'job done' phone call to SaW?

Could he have dumped the body, in a bag, on that trip while the phone was turned off and SaW didn't think the hiding place was good enough and they both went out on the midnight trip to move the body? Probably not...I don't normally go for 'moving the body' theories but I'm not so sure in this case and it depends more for me on whether the 'gps' details allow for a side trip to do that before the actual/final body dump to the empty middle-of-nowhere place that SaW is convinced the body won't be found.

I think that from what Merc said with the local knowledge, on the last thread, that Werrington was probably the location of the grass verge and alley where B 'ran off'. But as that never happened he just made it up because he knows there are places like that around there, so he couldn't say exactly where it was or find a place that matched his make-believe map of this imaginary area because it never existed and that is not where B ran away nor where she was murdered. I think it's just that he tried to think of something around Werrington as he knew that was a location he was definitely supposed to have been, and he wouldn't want to mention something from any of the other locations that he really did go and where the murder did happen, because he wouldn't want to 'lead' the police to those areas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member