TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

I totally understand. I live in the Fort Worth area. I'm very supportive of our men in blue. I'm just going by how it seems. I have been totally baffled by the lack of searches or vigils for Alan and that land surveyors found his remains.

I don't understand why that area wasn't searched by SOMEONE. If it were my loved one, I would have contacted Texas Equusearch to search for him.

Perhaps, I should have worded that last sentence and said something like, "Why does it seem like Alan isn't a priority?"

JMO.
Seemed like the brother Tim White from WV worked hard for his bro, though tough to do from 1,000 miles away back in WV, I suppose... I wouldn't doubt if it was he who hired the PI to investigate the case. The last we heard from Tim White was "someone decided to take Alan off the Earth, and we ask for anyone that knows anything about the murder and dumping of his body to contact DPD". I feel for Tim White - lost his remaining big bro, no goodbyes, and then he has to see his poor elderly mum crushed with the loss. Frankly, I wouldn't doubt if when he used the term 'someone', he had a particular someone in mind. Just feel like there are probably things going on behind the scene.

Last edited:
Seemed like the brother Tim White from WV worked hard for his bro, though tough to do from 1,000 miles away back in WV, I suppose... I wouldn't doubt if it was he who hired the PI to investigate the case. The last we heard from Tim White was "someone decided to take Alan off the Earth, and we ask for anyone that knows anything about the murder and dumping of his body to contact DPD". I feel for Tim White - lost his remaining big bro, no goodbyes, and then he has to see his poor elderly mum crushed with the loss. Frankly, I wouldn't doubt if when he used the term 'someone', he had a particular someone in mind. Just feel like there are probably things going on behind the scene.

I agree with this post, @itsrak . "Someone," most likely meant someone specific that Alan's brother had in mind.

I have always leaned toward homicide in this case due to several factors including the way the car was parked and its location when found, the clean (wet? wiped?) interior, the cell phone (perhaps with a missing SIM card) being inside the locked car, and the keys also being locked inside the car.

One likely scenario is a carjacking. Alan was driving a sports car and a perpetrator might have thought that Alan had cash or a debit/credit card he could steal, along with the car. But we have talked about the fact that maybe Alan used his cell phone to pay for his gas that morning and didn't even have his ID on him. Rusty mentioned this in his recounting of that morning's events. If a carjacker demanded money or debit/credit cards and Alan had no wallet on him, the assailant may have become angry and murdered Alan.

Another likely scenario is a meeting of some kind that went wrong....or one in which the perpetrator intended to harm Alan from the start.

Just because the public has no information on the progress of the investigation into his disappearance and death, does not automatically mean he isn't a priority with LE.

And, for the men and women in LE who receive allegations like this EVERY day, while they work their butts off on cases, much appreciation and respect.

jmo

I mean this with total respect...I think you will find that local people have great cause to question the DPD. I hope that they are plugging away, working the evidence, and the quiet is simply because their noses are down and in the work. However, the alternative would never surprise me.

I totally understand. I live in the Fort Worth area. I'm very supportive of our men in blue. I'm just going by how it seems. I have been totally baffled by the lack of searches or vigils for Alan and that land surveyors found his remains.

I don't understand why that area wasn't searched by SOMEONE. If it were my loved one, I would have contacted Texas Equusearch to search for him.

Perhaps, I should have worded that last sentence and said something like, "Why does it seem like Alan isn't a priority?"

JMO.

I've never understood the reasoning for the lack of searches but there's SO much about this case that has never seen the light of day, publicly. I mean, there has to be a legit reason not to search for a missing person, right? I'd assume so, but it's all the stuff we don't know, that makes it seem like Alan's case isn't as important as others. I don't believe that's the case, but you're right, it does indeed seem like it.

jmo

I mean this with total respect...I think you will find that local people have great cause to question the DPD. I hope that they are plugging away, working the evidence, and the quiet is simply because their noses are down and in the work. However, the alternative would never surprise me.

I appreciate the insight on how locals might see this different than us out-of-towners. I just feel sick whenever I have to entertain the idea that a PD might not be doing things the way they ought to be doing things. If that makes sense?

jmo

If Alan had decided to kill himself, why would he go do it in a secluded witness-free location? Why walk a mile deeper into woods...

Well, there are many people that go off into woods to do it. It's very popular. Alone and undisturbed, they can concentrate on what they need to do. Few people will come across them in time.

There are plenty on this forum alone, plus many more that don't get discussed here or on local news.

FYI: Japan even has a special forest just for suicide.

N.B.... I'm not saying Alan's death was suicide, just responding to a comment.

Why isn't DPD talking about this case? Are they trying quietly to get informants to talk, or just waiting & hoping someone calls in a tip? My belief is that this was gang related violence.

Alan didn't willingly drive to the location where he was found, imo. I don't believe he was suicidal. I think he was monumentally unlucky.

My prayers are with Rusty and Alan's family.

I agree with this post, @itsrak . "Someone," most likely meant someone specific that Alan's brother had in mind.

I have always leaned toward homicide in this case due to several factors including the way the car was parked and its location when found, the clean (wet? wiped?) interior, the cell phone (perhaps with a missing SIM card) being inside the locked car, and the keys also being locked inside the car.

One likely scenario is a carjacking. Alan was driving a sports car and a perpetrator might have thought that Alan had cash or a debit/credit card he could steal, along with the car. But we have talked about the fact that maybe Alan used his cell phone to pay for his gas that morning and didn't even have his ID on him. Rusty mentioned this in his recounting of that morning's events. If a carjacker demanded money or debit/credit cards and Alan had no wallet on him, the assailant may have become angry and murdered Alan.

Another likely scenario is a meeting of some kind that went wrong....or one in which the perpetrator intended to harm Alan from the start.

Alan "didn't even have his ID on him."

He was driving without his license?

Just because the public has no information on the progress of the investigation into his disappearance and death, does not automatically mean he isn't a priority with LE.

And, for the men and women in LE who receive allegations like this EVERY day, while they work their butts off on cases, much appreciation and respect.

jmo
Well said. Couldn't agree more!

You live in an area where, if stopped or otherwise asked to show valid ID, the police or other agency will accept your phone as valid ID?
My area I live, LE would not accept ID on my phone but they do allow a time period to go to the police station with the actual drivers license, vehicle registration, etc. if you did not have it on you at a traffic stop. LE has the capability to confirm this information during the traffic stop. Of course you are suppose to have it with you when you drive but I often run to the store with just my phone if I just need a few things. Just lazy to carry a purse/wallet and mask!! Also, I do my best to obey traffic laws. :)

I have been trying to read up on the type of information that is contained on a SIM card. I'm sure there are many others here who are far more proficient in these matters than I am.

I did find it interesting that a SIM card can be removed from one iPhone and placed in another, allowing contacts, email addresses, banking information, and some texts to be seen on the phone containing the SIM card.
If Alan's SIM card was removed from his phone, it sounds like someone was attempting to access private information from it. Or perhaps they were hoping they could erase the phone's call history.

It's my understanding that even without the SIM card, the call history will still be available through the service carrier. Can anyone verify this?

I have been trying to read up on the type of information that is contained on a SIM card. I'm sure there are many others here who are far more proficient in these matters than I am.

I did find it interesting that a SIM card can be removed from one iPhone and placed in another, allowing contacts, email addresses, banking information, and some texts to be seen on the phone containing the SIM card.
If Alan's SIM card was removed from his phone, it sounds like someone was attempting to access private information from it. Or perhaps they were hoping they could erase the phone's call history.

It's my understanding that even without the SIM card, the call history will still be available through the service carrier. Can anyone verify this?

@Jethro4WS could likely answer this if not too busy/sees the question

@Jethro4WS could likely answer this if not too busy/sees the question
SIMs are computer chips which hold information and allow you to connect with your network. This means you can make calls, send SMS messages and connect to mobile internet services like 3G, 4G and 5G. They're also transferable and you can choose to save messages, contacts and emails to them.

Everything you ever wanted to know about SIM cards | Hub | Three

I'll be interested in what Jethro says too. My amateur take is that the Perp was seeking info on the SIM such as contacts perhaps, or hoping to find PIN data. An unsophisticated Perp might have tried to see if their SIM would work in the phone.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsJeckyll