GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Jake acted haphazardly in his plea deal. Not with his attorneys (the best 2 of all) and AC. I'm beginning to think he feels remorse for what he and his family did and hopefully wants to do the right thing.

If not caught he never would have felt remorse. He made up his own narrative from May 2016 until November 2018 and would have continued lying the rest of his life.

The DP scares people and Jake is no exception. He is doing whatever he has to do to get out from under it.

There are multiple photos showing him smiling at the judge, doesn't bring to mind any remorse at all.

... 2 Cents ...

Last edited:
If not caught he never would have felt remorse. He made up his own narrative from May 2016 until November 2018 and would have continued lying the rest of his life.

The DP scares people and Jake is no exception. He is doing whatever he has to do to get out from under it.

There are multiple photos showing him smiling at the judge, doesn't bring to mind any remorse at all.

... 2 Cents ...
Cool cats, I agree. I don’t know the reason behind the plea, but I strongly feel that remorse is not it. You have to be able to feel love and compassion to feel remorse. I feel he had neither for HR or his child hence we wouldn’t be on this forum having this discussion. No, the plea deal has “to save Jake” written all over it. MOO

I just read the Motion your talking about so now I know what you mean. Never heard of this stuff. I am curious and will research around.

Yes good point. If FW is a witness at trial then the defendants could not talk to her. Especially the Wagners who try to manipulate others into doing their bidding, even paying for attorneys.

My guess is FW paid for RN's attorney because the Wagners wanted her to stay on board in claiming she signed the custody documents. This is what they do according to the Other Acts Evidence.

Who really is the one paying? FW. So now I think FW knew all about the scheme to have Rita take blame. I'm changing my mind, I think FW is more involved than I thought. Look at all those bank statements.

As for Angela's health, she is back in jail not out at medical and it seems like she is good to go, like manipulating relatives over the phone.

She manipulated her brother into doing the 3-way call, manipulated her mother into false fraud charges that landed her on a year of house arrest. She manipulated Jake when she was monitoring Hanna's Facebook messages.

She is the one who saw Hanna say she wouldn't sign anything they would have to kill her first and ran to Jake with it, only 4 months later they shot her. But Angie showed Jake and escalated it rather than being a normal grandma and try to keep the peace....2 Cents....
In the past FW and her husband hired RN attorney in the past .

Cool cats, I agree. I don’t know the reason behind the plea, but I strongly feel that remorse is not it. You have to be able to feel love and compassion to feel remorse. I feel he had neither for HR or his child hence we wouldn’t be on this forum having this discussion. No, the plea deal has “to save Jake” written all over it. MOO

The reason for the plea Canepa said was Jake did not want the DP. It is all about getting out from under the DP. His trial was looming and his attorneys must have told him that the evidence was overwhelming to convict him and 8 murders would give him the DP.

He was forced to go to court in front of the families to plead guilty 23 times. The "I am very sorry" is probably what his lawyers told him to say because his lawyer said
"He's as sorry as he can be."

All his plea deal does for him is get the DP off the table for him and his family. They did not drop even one charge which is unusual with so many charges. 9 X's out of 10 some charges are dropped in a plea.

Really would have made no difference though, same outcome.

Canepa said Jake wanted to avoid the death penalty and this is the reason for his plea. Jake is concerned for Jake. Yes no doubt he's happy to get his family off of death row but then he is going to tank their trials by explaining how each one was involved.

Actually he can't down play their involvement because the prosecution would figure it out and that would go against his plea deal.

Jake got the transcripts of George's Bond Hearing.

From Docket:

It is therefore ORDERED that the Court Reporter shall prepare a transcript of the hearing held on August 31, 2020, upon the Defendant's Motion For Bond Hearing and the Motion of The State of Ohio In A Capital Case And Pursuant to Statute To Hold The Defendant Without Bail, in Case No. 2018CR000155,

captioned State of Ohio vs. George Washington Wagner IV,
and shall furnish a copy of the transcript to counsel for the Defendant and a copy also to counsel for the State of Ohio. The transcript shall not include copies of exhibits introduced at such hearing, which exhibits are being held under seal.
I have a question maybe someone might know the answer… being that the death penalty is off the table can any of the Wagners besides Jake try for bond until their trials?

... 2 Cents ...
Does anyone know if inmates given the death penalty are permitted visitation with children ?
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
In the past FW and her husband hired RN attorney in the past .

Well that gives more fuel to my fire that FW paid for RN's attorney to keep RN in the Wagner's fraud conspiracy regarding fake custody documents with fake signatures.

The Other Acts said the Wagner's paid for attorneys for people - even went with them to see the lawyer - so that the person would do exactly as the Wagner's wanted.

Well FW is the only one with the money, I believe she was up to her eyeballs in the fraud conspiracy.

I so agree! That smile when the judge read both HR, HG and DR made me sick to my stomach!

I so agree! That smile when the judge read both HR, HG and DR made me sick to my stomach!
If you are referring to April 22, 2021, at JW's hearing where he changed his plea to guilty, JW was not smiling at the judge. It has been documented by at least two MSM sources that JW was exhibiting a facial grimace while choking back tears. Even TR, himself, (CRSR and KW's brother) made the statement that JW was choking back emotions.

"His voice cracked only twice: when he admitted to the murders of Hanna Rhoden and Hannah Gilley."
After Guilty Plea, Jake Wagner Faces Life Without Parole And The Daughter He Killed For

"But, he said, he felt it when Jake Wagner choked up a couple of times",

This is TR's quote. Link is given below, but a paywall will come up so I can't post the full quote. If I recall correctly, at the end of the article there is a statement by TR, himself, that even he felt JW seemed sincere and showed remorse. I am paraphrasing this from memory since I can't look at the article long enough to copy it before the paywall comes up. Maybe someone with a subscription to the Dispatch will post it.

Rhoden family murders: Tony Rhoden still grieving in Pike County

I agree, I do not think remorse was his reasoning. It could have been to save himself and think in his mind what he said in his confession may help his brother or mother. There is really no telling what he may have said, he is a liar so it would reason that everything he said might not be truthful or accurate. He may have decided after 5 years to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth but its doubtful.
If you are referring to April 22, 2021, at JW's hearing where he changed his plea to guilty, JW was not smiling at the judge. It has been documented by at least two MSM sources that JW was exhibiting a facial grimace while choking back tears. Even TR, himself, (CRSR and KW's brother) made the statement that JW was choking back emotions.

"His voice cracked only twice: when he admitted to the murders of Hanna Rhoden and Hannah Gilley."
After Guilty Plea, Jake Wagner Faces Life Without Parole And The Daughter He Killed For

This is TR's quote. Link is given below, but a paywall will come up so I can't post the full quote. If I recall correctly, at the end of the article there is a statement by TR, himself, that even he felt JW seemed sincere and showed remorse. I am paraphrasing this from memory since I can't look at the article long enough to copy it before the paywall comes up. Maybe someone with a subscription to the Dispatch will post it.

I also believe it was a smirk that he then realized was the wrong place, wrong time and changed it into choking back tears. That is what it seemed to me. He did not even sound sincere to me when he said he was sorry. His lawyer did not even sound like he believed himself when he said JW is as sorry as can be. That is just my feeling of how it looked.

I don't think Jake acted haphazardly in his plea deal. Not with his attorneys (the best 2 of all) and AC. I'm beginning to think he feels remorse for what he and his family did and hopefully wants to do the right thing.

Just to clarify: I am not a Wagner supporter and I did NOT say in my post above that I thought remorse was the "reason" Jake changed his plea. I do not know why he changed his plea. If it was up to me, all four would get the DP. My Opinion Only.

Last edited:
Just to clarify: I am not a Wagner supporter and I did NOT say in my post above that I thought remorse was the "reason" Jake changed his plea. I do not know why he changed his plea. If it was up to me, all four would get the DP. My Opinion Only.

This may seem far out there to others, but I think he wanted to confess. I think that he is very proud of himself. I believe he wanted people to know that he is the big bad tough man that murdered sleeping people. He probably has been wanting to take credit some time. He was hindered to take credit the whole time due to what it would mean for his family. Finally, he did confess but may have tried to downplay one or more of the other's participation as much as he could, thinking it could help them. It would not be surprising to me if he even threw in some added extra details to try to slur the R's, to make him look like a hero and justify the murders. He is a liar though, so there is that.

This may seem far out there to others, but I think he wanted to confess. I think that he is very proud of himself. I believe he wanted people to know that he is the big bad tough man that murdered sleeping people. He probably has been wanting to take credit some time. He was hindered to take credit the whole time due to what it would mean for his family. Finally, he did confess but may have tried to downplay one or more of the other's participation as much as he could, thinking it could help them. It would not be surprising to me if he even threw in some added extra details to try to slur the R's, to make him look like a hero and justify the murders. He is a liar though, so there is that.

I've learned that anything is possible with these people.

Based on their behavior after the murders, I am not sure any of the Ws can be believed about anything...

One thing I have not really thought about until now. Tony Rhoden likely had been around Jake Wagner enough to know his mannerisms, but, I -- probably like most of us on here -- had never even met Jake Wagner. Tony would know genuine vs. fake when he saw and heard Jake state those pleas. Whereas, I did not, could not, discern a real smile from a smirk perhaps he was trying to prevent from happening. So as of now, I choose to believe Tony Rhoden's interpretation of Jake's feelings, since I have nothing to prove Tony wrong. Just my own feeling. And please don't bash me for being honest. IDK

P.S. I'm sure Ms. Geneva and others present who knew Jake...knew if he showed genuine remorse or not. And I will rely on their interpretations rather than my own.

Thank you, IType, for your post.

Last edited:
Yes! I believe this too. 100%. You do not shoot five people and then poof! So sorry, sure. He smirked and even held back a leer when he admitted to murdering five people. I also believe he wanted to tell the world that he did this s#it. He's proud that he 'won'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23