SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, as rumors swirl around the deaths, DailyMail.com has learned that the four youngsters on board that night – Paul's ex girlfriend Morgan Doughty, Beach's boyfriend Anthony Cook, his cousin Connor Cook and Connor's girlfriend, Beach's best friend, Miley Altman – and members of Beach's family have all given DNA samples to homicide investigators.

Sounds like the killer(s) left DNA. Wow.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
I felt like that interview had a lot of restrictions/conditions attached to it. We did not see the reporter ask any questions about anyone's whereabouts on the night in question or about the family dynamics. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still think it’s related to the boat incident but not the family of MB. There were many people “name dropped” in the mounds of court papers, including the grandpa that just died too. Some of those people could have been angry that 2 years later, the case had not been closed and by all accounts PM had gotten away with everything he’d ever done up until his death so why would this be different? There were many more people involved in the 2019 boating incident (day/night/aftermath/testimony/subpoenas/ins companies etc) than just the M family. IMO

Agree - I hope it is based on solid evidence - then we know there is solid evidence.

I'll add to your list:
- cell phone data
- other gps data (onstar, etc)
- watches, fitbits, so many personal items these days

But would that data already be back? Seems to take a while to get. In most cases - and this is clearly not "most cases." MOO.

ETA - on a totally other topic - I can't believe it would be "revenge" for the boat accident - MB's parents seem to have gone the total legal route and that was getting results. Both criminal (a charge) and civil (insurance companies denying coverage). I don't see them "flipping out" at this point. I wouldn't rule out "revenge" for something else. That's all MOO.

In the Missy Bevers case they used some technology that basically picked up all the cellphones or electronic devices in the area in a specific timeframe. I wonder if they can do that here since they have TOD.

Agree - I hope it is based on solid evidence - then we know there is solid evidence.

I'll add to your list:
- cell phone data
- other gps data (onstar, etc)
- watches, fitbits, so many personal items these days

But would that data already be back? Seems to take a while to get. In most cases - and this is clearly not "most cases." MOO.

ETA - on a totally other topic - I can't believe it would be "revenge" for the boat accident - MB's parents seem to have gone the total legal route and that was getting results. Both criminal (a charge) and civil (insurance companies denying coverage). I don't see them "flipping out" at this point. I wouldn't rule out "revenge" for something else. That's all MOO.

Plus between the fatal boating accident and his own murder PM racked up a few other charges and seemed to skate on them. Adding insult to injury, the judge applied no restrictions to PM, allowing him access to boating and alcohol as well as lifting a travel restriction. Maybe for someone who has been hit with identical charges but with a completely different outcome, I could see the whole thing festering.

MOO

Personally I believe whomever committed these cold-blooded executions wanted it to APPEAR as vigilante justice.

MOO

If you exclude vigilante justice on either AM/PM, what does that leave other than a plot concocted by AM or random criminals ? I haven't heard of anything that was stolen from house, so if that is the case, less likely it was random criminals. That leaves a family murder-for-hire plot and I doubt AM would have had his son murdered. But stranger things have happened.

JMO

If you exclude vigilante justice on either AM/PM, what does that leave other than a plot concocted by AM or random criminals ? I haven't heard of anything that was stolen from house, so if that is the case, less likely it was random criminals. That leaves a family murder-for-hire plot and I doubt AM would have had his son murdered. But stranger things have happened.

JMO

There has been very little released about the murders. There's literally a plethora of folks who could have held a grudge for whatever reason that could be the murderer. And it's safe to say 99% of the locals knew about the boating accident.
So in my eyes there are many suspects.

That's all I'm saying :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members