Greece - Caroline Crouch, 20, Murdered, Athens, 11 May 2021 #3 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alyce

Reaction score
A British woman has been tortured and murdered in front of her 11-month-old daughter during a horror home invasion in Greece.

Caroline Crouch, 20, was strangled at the home she shared with 33-year-old husband Charalambos 'Babis' Anagnostopoulos in the Glyka Nera suburb of Athens early Tuesday.

Police say three men - some of whom were armed with pistols - broke into the family home around 5am while a fourth stood guard outside.

British woman, 20, strangled to death in front of her 11-month-old daughter in Greece | Daily Mail Online
———
Facebook:
Caroline Crouch

6/17/2021 UPDATE:
Greek husband 'CONFESSES to murdering British wife Caroline Crouch' sources say | Daily Mail Online
———

Thread #1
Thread #2

Last edited by a moderator:
rbbm.
Greek admits strangling wife Caroline Crouch, who wanted to leave | News | The Times
''The husband of a young British mother has confessed to killing her at their Athens home in a fit of rage after she threatened to leave him, Greek police said last night.''

''Detectives said that a tracker on his mobile phone showed movement, contrary to his claim that he had been tied down by intruders.

“When faced with the evidence he confessed,” said Apostolos Skrekas, a spokesman for the Hellenic police. “The tracker contradicted his initial testimony that he had been roped up''

I hope he's charged with intentional murder and the case goes to trial because I don't like the sound of his story. I meant to reply to the last post where he described C throwing the baby in the crib and punching him but I don't know how to quote it on this thread.

Anyway, it appears he is trying to paint himself as the victim and he shouldn't get away with it. This case needs to be decided by a jury.

I wonder why they haven't announced any charges yet. This is very unusual.

I hope he's charged with intentional murder and the case goes to trial because I don't like the sound of his story. I meant to reply to the last post where he described C throwing the baby in the crib and punching him but I don't know how to quote it on this thread.

Anyway, it appears he is trying to paint himself as the victim and he shouldn't get away with it. This case needs to be decided by a jury.

Poor Babis! Forensics doesn't back up his story of defending himself against a physical attack from C. His ego probably isn't thinking of that right now! Right, she threw the baby in the crib! What a heartless mother! Please. Dumb question, does it go to trial if a person confesses? How does that work?

Poor Babis! Forensics doesn't back up his story of defending himself against a physical attack from C. His ego probably isn't thinking of that right now! Right, she threw the baby in the crib! What a heartless mother! Please. Dumb question, does it go to trial if a person confesses? How does that work?
Yes, he still needs to be charged and formally enter a plea of guilty or not guilty. If he pleads guilty then it won't go to trial. At least I assume it works the same way there. Confessions are helpful but they can always be thrown out for various reasons. Part of Molly Tibbetts killer's confession was not admissible in court because LE left out one line when reading him his rights.

I don't know what the procedure is in Greece upon arrest, but I haven't read that he's been arrested or charged.

Yes, the domestic abuser's defence 'Look what you made me do'.

Yes, he still needs to be charged and formally enter a plea of guilty or not guilty. At least I assume it works the same way there. Confessions are helpful but they can always be thrown out for various reasons. Part of Molly Tibbetts killer's confession was not admissible in court because LE left out one line when reading him his rights.

I don't know what the procedure is in Greece upon arrest, but I haven't read that he's been arrested or charged.

Oh ok! So he could even pull the 'forced to confess under duress' trick, to make it inadmissible. It wasn't only C who beat him, but LE as well! Or his defense team might find a technicality in LE procedure to toss it...

Oh ok! So he could even pull the 'forced to confess under duress' trick, to make it inadmissible. It wasn't only C who beat him, but LE as well! Or his defense team might find a technicality in LE procedure to toss it...
Yes, coercion is one reason a confession can be inadmissible. He seems to be quite content to tell his story but once an attorney steps in everything could change. It doesn't sound like he has one yet. He probably told them, "no I don't need a lawyer, I'm ready to tell the truth," and then went on to tell his "Caroline punched me" story.

He's probably a narcissist who thinks he's smarter than everybody else.

Even in his so called confession, he is still lying.

And yes, I admit to having some anger for the “therapist.” If CC’s life was so wonderful, then what in the world was the therapist needed for? And if you are going to say “post natal depression,” then we can’t say CC’s life was wonderful. The therapist’s comments just never made sense.

What great work by Greek Police.

I'm pleased for Caroline, her daughter and also pleased for the potential future partner of this controlling, manipulative murderer.

So sad. Red flags from the off. He must think everyone is stupid.

B's instagram wedding pic is on fire. Over 13,000 comments on it and most aren't anywhere near as positive as the fake psychologist's words. They're calling him 'monster,' 'pedo' (29 year old male with a 15 year old girl?), ... Why couldn't he just divorce her and go his own way? Why? Why did he do it, why?

He can't control this narrative! It must be driving him mad! Whether it is 'karma' or expected reactions to his actions, it's a tiny sliver of justice.

I am just back after a couple of days in hospital, and what a surprise I got! So soon, and so sudden! I am so so sorry for all the victims, but I don't think I'll ever be able to include B in that number. Why does it have to come to this with so many couples? So tragic, and ultimately pointless. One day I would like to find out more about the "psychologist", and also hear from any previous girlfriends of B. In the meantime, RIP sweet Caroline.

I am just back after a couple of days in hospital, and what a surprise I got! So soon, and so sudden! I am so so sorry for all the victims, but I don't think I'll ever be able to include B in that number. Why does it have to come to this with so many couples? So tragic, and ultimately pointless. One day I would like to find out more about the "psychologist", and also hear from any previous girlfriends of B. In the meantime, RIP sweet Caroline.
Im sure all the details of his life will trickle down now bit by bit.

We’ve been on WS long enough to have called this a mile off. Occam’s razor- if it sounds like a ridiculous scenario it most probably is actually the simplest explanation. I’ve been sitting on my hands for so long they are numb but all that surprises me in this latest news is that he actually admitted it. Albeit likely with a few details changed so he doesn’t have to confess to being an abusive manipulative sociopathic husband who allowed his daughter to sit next to her mother’s corpse.

Robbers don’t break into a home to ‘torture’ and kill one person while leaving the other unscathed with not even a scratch or a single bruise on his face. This suggests that he tied Caroline’s body up and positioned her to look like she’d been tied up and assaulted when in reality any injuries she had were likely inflicted by him. I am positive that it will be revealed B was an abusive husband. That Caroline was planning to pack her bags, take her daughter and leave after an assault. He instead planned to murder her, disabling the cameras before hand shows pre meditation. - cameras I think were there to spy on Caroline when he was not home, perhaps linked to an app on his phone where he could monitor her every move then return home to interrogate her about what she’d been doing that day,

He must have spent those hours afterwards staging the scene, perhaps he killed the dog as an after thought to create the intruder theory ‘why would I hang my own dog?’ Tied himself up and made sure his phone was with him. The red flags were everywhere, right from the word go. MOO

Is it possible that the ‘therapist’ did have knowledge of Caroline’s intention to leave, but the police encouraged her to go public and state that they were happily married, Caroline never told her anything bad about her husband etc, so as to make B believe that they were really considering the intruder theory, and stop him from attempting to flee?

Well put, Blondie. Yes, he may have admitted the truth, but it won't be "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth." Greek LE have been brilliant. And we Sleuthers haven't done too badly either. And we're not prepared to believe that it wasn't premeditated.

So B said that C "threw the baby into the crib". Was it translated correctly? Did he allude C was abusive to the baby??? My God! I remember Chris W. also said that Shannon strangled her daughters. Both men look like twins by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member