GUILTY OH - I'ron Jailen Cannon, 27, out w/friends, live videos show 1 w/gun, Akron, 18 Oct 2020 *arrest*

Chafin said conversations with more than 60 individuals have turned up over 20 search warrants in addition to work in Akron and other legal proceedings.

"We believe that Mr. Cannon was murdered and we do feel confident in saying that Wadsworth was the jurisdiction in which this took place," he said. "Obviously, we live in a day and age where information is instant and at your fingertips. We all want a quick, wrapped-up investigation with all the evidence. There is a reason and rationale with law enforcement keeping some information close to the vest during an investigation like this."

"The family has had this never-ending cycle of tips and information coming into them," Chafin added. "That creates this roller coaster of hope followed by immense pain and disappointment. I want anyone out there who still has information to think about the trauma they're putting this family through."

Up to a $2,500 cash reward was offered March 11 for information leading to the discovery of Cannon's remains. He is a Black male standing roughly 6 feet tall and weighing about 218 pounds. He is described as having black hair and brown eyes.

Cannon indicated to family members the night he went missing he intended to return home, Chafin said.

"In speaking with the Medina County prosecutor's office, it's believed this is the first time Crime Stoppers has been used to help with something in Medina County," Chafin said. "Not just for a crime of this nature, I mean across the board. They have significant resources and the ability to track and vet these tips to some degree."

Investigators believe individuals involved in the suspected homicide took great lengths to conceal physical evidence as well as Cannon’s remains.

"I still think there's someone out there who will decide to do the right thing," Chafin said. "If they need that extra financial motive to do it, then so be it. We felt comfortable with where we were at in the case to move forward with the reward and the announcement."

"Maybe we've already talked to the person who has the information we need," he added. "Maybe we don't know they exist yet. Whoever they are, they may be insulated from the trauma of this situation, but the family is not. We're not done with this until we bring Iron home to them."

Tips may be submitted to Crime Stoppers at (216) 252-7463 or 25crime.com.

Wadsworth police continues call for leads in murder investigation

Authorities say Cannon probably was murdered.

Chafin said conversations with more than 60 individuals have turned up over 20 search warrants in addition to work in Akron and other legal proceedings.

"We believe that Mr. Cannon was murdered and we do feel confident in saying that Wadsworth was the jurisdiction in which this took place," he said. "Obviously, we live in a day and age where information is instant and at your fingertips. We all want a quick, wrapped-up investigation with all the evidence. There is a reason and rationale with law enforcement keeping some information close to the vest during an investigation like this."

"The family has had this never-ending cycle of tips and information coming into them," Chafin added. "That creates this roller coaster of hope followed by immense pain and disappointment. I want anyone out there who still has information to think about the trauma they're putting this family through."

Up to a $2,500 cash reward was offered March 11 for information leading to the discovery of Cannon's remains. He is a Black male standing roughly 6 feet tall and weighing about 218 pounds. He is described as having black hair and brown eyes.

Cannon indicated to family members the night he went missing he intended to return home, Chafin said.

"In speaking with the Medina County prosecutor's office, it's believed this is the first time Crime Stoppers has been used to help with something in Medina County," Chafin said. "Not just for a crime of this nature, I mean across the board. They have significant resources and the ability to track and vet these tips to some degree."

Investigators believe individuals involved in the suspected homicide took great lengths to conceal physical evidence as well as Cannon’s remains.

"I still think there's someone out there who will decide to do the right thing," Chafin said. "If they need that extra financial motive to do it, then so be it. We felt comfortable with where we were at in the case to move forward with the reward and the announcement."

"Maybe we've already talked to the person who has the information we need," he added. "Maybe we don't know they exist yet. Whoever they are, they may be insulated from the trauma of this situation, but the family is not. We're not done with this until we bring Iron home to them."

Tips may be submitted to Crime Stoppers at (216) 252-7463 or 25crime.com.

Wadsworth police continues call for leads in murder investigation

Have they released anything at all, even in general terms, as far as where they believe that he was killed in Wadsworth? The general part of town makes a big difference in likely disposal areas as one moves away from town. I know several people in that general area with drones, some good ones. Have any searches or drone searches been organized, at least to fly over local bodies of water? MOO

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news...of-missing-27-year-old-iron-cannon-from-akron

• Justin D. Hornbeck, 28, of Uniontown: Murder with Firearm Specification, Tampering with Evidence, Having Weapons Under Disability, Obstructing Justice, Gross Abuse of a Corpse, Engaging in a Pattern of Corrupt Activity
  • Tyrone L. Render, 27, of Wooster: Tampering with Evidence with Firearm Specification, Obstructing Justice, Having Weapons Under Disability, Gross Abuse of a Corpse, Engaging in a Pattern of Corrupt Activity
  • Autumn M. Knight, 27, of Cuyahoga Falls: Tampering with Evidence, Obstructing Justice, Gross Abuse of a Corpse, Engaging in a Pattern of Corrupt Activity
  • Marcus Y. Clark, 55, of Akron: Tampering with Evidence, Obstructing Justice, Gross Abuse of a Corpse, Engaging in a Pattern of Corrupt Activity
  • Christopher J. Williams, 32, of Akron: Tampering with Evidence, Obstructing Justice, Gross Abuse of a Corpse, Engaging in a Pattern of Corrupt Activity
  • Samantha P. McCune, 27, of Uniontown: Obstructing Justice
  • Antonio W. Moore, 38, of Akron: Obstructing Justice

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news...of-missing-27-year-old-iron-cannon-from-akron

"The investigation into the death of Iron Cannon is still ongoing, and certain details will not be available to the public at this time," the department said.

What had started out as a missing person case later turned into a recovery case for Cannon’s body. Throughout the investigation, detectives learned there was an intricate cover-up, which consisted of significant efforts to mislead law enforcement, police said in the news release.

Police said those efforts include the destruction of and tampering with evidence, including his remains.

Wadsworth Police Chief Dan Chafin said Cannon was shot and killed at an apartment on the north end of town. He did disclose the exact location of the crime.

"The individuals involved in this case took numerous steps and fairly sophisticated steps to conceal this crime," Chafin said.

Tyrone Reeder was renting the apartment but has since moved.

7 people arrested in Iron Cannon case; body of Akron man still not found
Surely out of 7 people, someone is going to talk. Please let it be sooner rather than later. My heart goes out to Iron's family. MOO

Noting:

In March, Chafin said authorities had followed up on 100 leads and reviewed more than 1,000 pieces of data or records, but had not been able to find Cannon.

He said Thursday that the search continues to be complicated due to the actions of the people involved in the crimes.

Chafin said there's a chance Cannon's remains are no longer in the area.

Burt said the pain inflicted on the family can't get any worse. They are hoping the people arrested will let police know where Cannon's body is.

"I hope they just let us know where the rest of the remains are," Burt said.

Wadsworth Police Department | Facebook
183314061_10158164961096985_6180364733835050946_n.png

MAY 6, 2021
‘Intricate cover-up’: 7 charged in connection to disappearance and murder of Iron Cannon (cleveland19.com)
[...]

BS says she is grateful that she is now getting justice for her son, but she still needs closure.

“Right now, I’m hurting,” said BS. “My heart is heavy, you know to have to have my child out here like he’s a piece of trash.”

A $2,500 reward is available for information leading to the location and recovery of his remains.

“Actually, I’m angry because three of the people that were arrested looked me in the face and told me they didn’t know anything about it or what was going on to come to find out they are the three that disposed of my son’s body and won’t tell me where it is,” the grieving mother said.

[...]

“All seven of them have charges of tampering with evidence and something to a corpse, and they’ve been moving my son every day for the last six months,” BS told 19 News.

[...]

“Would y’all please just give me my baby’s body,” the mother pleaded. “Just give me my baby’s body so we can put him to rest.”

MAY 6, 2021
‘Intricate cover-up’: 7 charged in connection to disappearance and murder of Iron Cannon (cleveland19.com)
[...]

BS says she is grateful that she is now getting justice for her son, but she still needs closure.

“Right now, I’m hurting,” said BS. “My heart is heavy, you know to have to have my child out here like he’s a piece of trash.”

A $2,500 reward is available for information leading to the location and recovery of his remains.

“Actually, I’m angry because three of the people that were arrested looked me in the face and told me they didn’t know anything about it or what was going on to come to find out they are the three that disposed of my son’s body and won’t tell me where it is,” the grieving mother said.

[...]

“All seven of them have charges of tampering with evidence and something to a corpse, and they’ve been moving my son every day for the last six months,” BS told 19 News.

[...]

“Would y’all please just give me my baby’s body,” the mother pleaded. “Just give me my baby’s body so we can put him to rest.”

They were moving his body daily?!

MAY 7, 2021
Booking photos released, bond set for 7 arrested in Iron Jailen Cannon murder, disappearance case – Wadsworth Community Radio

• Justin Hornbeck, charged with Iron's murder - cash bond $1 million.
  • Autumn Knight, Marcus Clark and Christopher - also $1 million cash bond.
  • Samantha McCune and Antonio Moore have cash bonds of $500,000 each.
  • Bond information for Tyrone Render wasn’t available on the Medina County Court website as of early Friday morning.
  • Court dates have not been set yet.

Supposedly they moved his body everyday for months. How don't they know where the body is though
Makes me think they kept his remains in a vehicle (e.g, a trunk, van, box truck, etc.). Surely they weren't burying him each time? Any suspects had access to a vehicle w/a fridge or freezer (e.g., camper, food truck)? Yuck! What a sick bunch of folks. :mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ecdub
Back