Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're on the right lines but that they're just not clever enough. I expect (hope) for more evidence about movements. I think there are now only two windows of opportunity for disposal: the time ScW's phone was in the vacinity of Uldale Way and the Apple Garage road trip. The latter could be ScW showing SaW where he'd buried her, with BW's phone tossed into the Welland near Cowbit.
It's not that clever, leaving your phone somewhere to fool police about where you really are. It's creating evidence, of being somewhere, rather than looking like you're hiding.

We know that's what SaW did on the Sunday, leaving her phone at her friends house and walking around with Bee's phone. At least I don't have another explanation for that, do you?

It's not that clever, leaving your phone somewhere to fool police about where you really are. It's creating evidence, of being somewhere, rather than looking like you're hiding.

We know that's what SaW did on the Sunday, leaving her phone at her friends house and walking around with Bee's phone. At least I don't have another explanation for that, do you?
Deceitful yes, but not clever enough to be consistent. The phones alone have provided a lot of circumstantial evidence.

Last edited:

If he did leave his phone somewhere it would stop police knowing where he had travelled to though? Especially if it was burial site? But I Wonder how he explained his presence in that one spot for so long though?

[…]

Do we know? I think this is going to feature heavily in this no-body case.

The prosecution is carefully laying out what they do know, and inviting inference on other matters based on the characteristics they’re portraying, building behavioural logic around the associated circumstances, and presenting a case that would appear to have no reasonable alternative.

But the burden of proof is to the criminal standard, “to be so sure that it’s certain”.

Fascinating to watch it develop. I still believe the prosecution have their work cut out to obtain a guilty murder verdict, even though it appears implausible that there’s an alternative.

I also believe this is why the joint enterprise is off the table. If more evidence arises, they can charge SaW at any time, but the CPS are not being railroaded into prosecuting a weak case. Perhaps ScW may leak information in mitigation if/when he thinks he’s screwed.

If more evidence arises, they can charge SaW at any time, but the CPS are not being railroaded into prosecuting a weak case. Perhaps ScW may leak information in mitigation if/when he thinks he’s screwed.

This is so useful. I asked this very question a few pages back - if SaW can have new charges brought against her mid-trial, or whether that would constitute some sort of abuse of process. With SaW tampering with BW's social media accounts as she was on her way to the grandparents house, I struggle to believe that she did not know 100% what was going to happen to her 'princess.'

11:16am – 11:23am – ScW’s phone travelled through Werrington, and into Gunthorpe and Dogsthorpe areas. In Gunthorpe area he got out of the car and walked 410 steps (recorded on his phone). (source trial)

Guys, have we established whereabouts in Gunthorpe this took place? I know this question was asked yesterday but I don't recall anyone answering. Weird how they're not able to be more specific.

As for Ulldale Way, could Scott have parked up at the Harrier pub? Is that the same carpark?

Bernadette Walker Murder Trial: Hour and twenty minutes of ‘unexplained activity’ as Scott and Sarah Walker travelled to Cowbit in the middle of the night after teenager went missing

"The court heard Bernadette’s phone was connected to the network at 12.54, with it connected to a number of cell sites in the Cowbit area in the next 35 minutes.

Ms Wilding said that the fact it connected to a number of sites suggested the phone was moving.

During the time when Bernadette’s phone was switched on, a number of messages were sent from it.

The first message was sent to Sarah Walker.

The message said: “For God’s sake, what the hell mum, stop messaging my friends. I swear you tell anyone else I lied I will tell them I don’t have my phone, I’ll tell everyone dad has got it. I’m OK.”

Messages were also sent to friends of Bernadette’s from her hand set.

One sent to one friend said: “you can leave me alone too.”

Another sent to another friend started a conversation between the two.

Bernadette’s phone: “Please leave me alone.”

Friends’s phone: “Bernadette - please go home.”

Bernadette’s phone: “Everyone hates me now.”

Friend’s phone: “I don’t, your mum doesn’t.”

Bernadette’s phone; “You should.”

Friend’s phone: “Well I don’t because I care about you.”

Bernadette’s phone: “I’m OK”

The friend sent a message asking who she was with, and a reply came back telling him no.

The friend said; “OK, that’s fine. Your mum loves you so much and she really really misses you.”

Bernadette’s phone: “Stop messaging people about me. I’ll throw my phone. Leave me alone.”

Friend’s phone: “Are you serious?”

Bernadette’s phone: “Yeah.”

Friend’s phone “I just want you to go home.”

Bernadette’s phone: I know.”

A message from the friend said that she had ‘scared everyone’.

The reply from Bernadette’s phone said: “I don’t care. Sorry, got to go, they don’t know I actually have my phone.”

At 1.28am, the last message was sent from Bernadette’s phone, which said “I don’t know what to do, keeping my options open. K, bye.”

At 1.29am, Bernadette’s phone was disconnected - and the court has heard it never reconnected, and has not been recovered."

Some new info here: Peterborough Telegraph just now

BW's phone text to a friend "Sorry, got to go, they don’t know I actually have my phone.” This is on the Apple Garage road trip in the Cowbit area and before her phone disconnected for the last time at 1.29am.

ScW's car was recorded on the A15 at Glinton at 1.49am which is new to the timeline. 13.5 miles from the Apple Garage. Looks like they've gone in a loop up the A16, A1175, then A15 back towards Peterborough before disappearing for 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Last edited:
Bernadette Walker Murder Trial: Hour and twenty minutes of ‘unexplained activity’ as Scott and Sarah Walker travelled to Cowbit in the middle of the night after teenager went missing

"The court heard Bernadette’s phone was connected to the network at 12.54, with it connected to a number of cell sites in the Cowbit area in the next 35 minutes.

Ms Wilding said that the fact it connected to a number of sites suggested the phone was moving.

During the time when Bernadette’s phone was switched on, a number of messages were sent from it.

The first message was sent to Sarah Walker.

The message said: “For God’s sake, what the hell mum, stop messaging my friends. I swear you tell anyone else I lied I will tell them I don’t have my phone, I’ll tell everyone dad has got it. I’m OK.”

Messages were also sent to friends of Bernadette’s from her hand set.

One sent to one friend said: “you can leave me alone too.”

Another sent to another friend started a conversation between the two.

Bernadette’s phone: “Please leave me alone.”

Friends’s phone: “Bernadette - please go home.”

Bernadette’s phone: “Everyone hates me now.”

Friend’s phone: “I don’t, your mum doesn’t.”

Bernadette’s phone; “You should.”

Friend’s phone: “Well I don’t because I care about you.”

Bernadette’s phone: “I’m OK”

The friend sent a message asking who she was with, and a reply came back telling him no.

The friend said; “OK, that’s fine. Your mum loves you so much and she really really misses you.”

Bernadette’s phone: “Stop messaging people about me. I’ll throw my phone. Leave me alone.”

Friend’s phone: “Are you serious?”

Bernadette’s phone: “Yeah.”

Friend’s phone “I just want you to go home.”

Bernadette’s phone: I know.”

A message from the friend said that she had ‘scared everyone’.

The reply from Bernadette’s phone said: “I don’t care. Sorry, got to go, they don’t know I actually have my phone.”

At 1.28am, the last message was sent from Bernadette’s phone, which said “I don’t know what to do, keeping my options open. K, bye.”

At 1.29am, Bernadette’s phone was disconnected - and the court has heard it never reconnected, and has not been recovered."
This is seriously calculating and more than a bit disturbed. It goes way further than a simple “oops better get myself out of trouble” mentality. As has been mentioned countless times on this thread, I do not understand the removal of the joint enterprise (or worse) charge :(

Looks like they are trying to make it look like she was kidnapped with the whole they don’t know I’ve got my phone
I can't remember the source but didn't SaW say early on in the missing person search that she thought East European sex traffickers from the Spalding area might have her, or some such.

Were they just keeping options open then? To go from “I’ll tell everyone dad has my phone” to “They don’t know I have my phone”. The first one suggests to me they were trying to make it look like she’d ran away, second that she’d been kidnapped?

Some new info here: Peterborough Telegraph just now

BW's phone text to a friend "Sorry, got to go, they don’t know I actually have my phone.” This is on the Apple Garage road trip in the Cowbit area and before her phone disconnected for the last time at 1.29am.

ScW's car was recorded on the A15 at Glinton at 1.49am which is new to the timeline. 13.5 miles from the Apple Garage. Looks like they've gone in a loop up the A16, A1175, then A15 back towards Peterborough before disappearing for 1 hour and 20 minutes.

so was this journey just to make it look as if Bernie was travelling somewhere in a vehicle whilst sending messages to her friends,before the phone was discarded?

This is seriously calculating and more than a bit disturbed. It goes way further than a simple “oops better get myself out of trouble” mentality. As has been mentioned countless times on this thread, I do not understand the removal of the joint enterprise (or worse) charge :(

Im a bit baffled on the removal of the joint enterprise charge as well. A can only speculate that ScW did not mention his plan to kill Bea until he actually did it. SaW decided to help cover it up (for what ever reason) but was not directly involved in the planning. So I think ScW has not given the police any evidence against her as that would imply his guilt. Also that helps to protect her as well.

Another alternative is that as bad as he is, he does not want to see the kids fully lose there mum.

I suppose it could be a bit like the Becky Watts case, where Nathan never admitted his partners involvement in the crime, to allow her to get off more lightly.

JMO of course and I look forward to their witness statements. Im guessing ScW no commented with regards to certain questions , so it should be interesting to hear SaW version of events.

11:16am – 11:23am – ScW’s phone travelled through Werrington, and into Gunthorpe and Dogsthorpe areas. In Gunthorpe area he got out of the car and walked 410 steps (recorded on his phone). (source trial)

Guys, have we established whereabouts in Gunthorpe this took place? I know this question was asked yesterday but I don't recall anyone answering. Weird how they're not able to be more specific.

As for Ulldale Way, could Scott have parked up at the Harrier pub? Is that the same carpark?

That could well have been near skaters way - as ScW claims. Opposite Skaters way is a lay-by which leads to a dark underpass under the parkway, and a path into Cuckoos hollow.

It fits with the travel time from Dukesmead (Grandparents) and also is heading back towards Gunthorpe / Dogsthorpe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752