Grand jury members and vote totals

David Rogers

Reaction score
Does anyone know how many people were on the Grand Jury and how many votes the two counts that were released got? Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know how many people were on the Grand Jury and how many votes the two counts that were released got? Thanks in advance.

Colorado grand juries have 12 people. Nine of the grand jurors (called a “quorum“) must vote to indict for the suspect to get charged.

The District Attorney can ask the court to increase the size of a grand jury to 23 total jurors. If the court agrees, a 12-person quorum must vote to indict for the suspect to get charged.

Grand Juries & Indictments in Colorado Criminal Cases

Colorado grand juries have 12 people. Nine of the grand jurors (called a “quorum“) must vote to indict for the suspect to get charged.

The District Attorney can ask the court to increase the size of a grand jury to 23 total jurors. If the court agrees, a 12-person quorum must vote to indict for the suspect to get charged.

Grand Juries & Indictments in Colorado Criminal Cases
Thanks. So at least 9 people voted on the four counts released.

Thanks. So at least 9 people voted on the four counts released.

Yes. This would mean that counts I, II, III, IV, IV-b, V, and VI for John and counts I, II, III, IV, IV-b, V, and VI for Patsy received anywhere from 0-8 votes.

i'm confused... so there were 10 counts, and 4 got the required votes to move ahead but the DA chose not to (which was their right).. that's how i read the back/forth above.

is it common for the DA not to go forward on a grand jury indictment vote? (sorry if that's not the correct terminology)

There were 12 jurors.

I think a GJ true bill only requires a majority but that doesn't mean that the count wasn't higher here. I haven't ever seen that reported for this case. Maybe someone else knows.

You can find the jury members here and also read what one of them said when they initially came forward. At least two of them have spoken to the media but there might have been more by now.
s-ramsey-grand-jury.htm
JonBenet grand juror: I’ve seen secret evidence | WGN-TV

There were 12 jurors.

I think a GJ true bill only requires a majority but that doesn't mean that the count wasn't higher here. I haven't ever seen that reported for this case. Maybe someone else knows.

You can find the jury members here and also read what one of them said when they initially came forward. At least two of them have spoken to the media but there might have been more by now.
s-ramsey-grand-jury.htm
JonBenet grand juror: I’ve seen secret evidence | WGN-TV

root661,
Assuming the GJ follow the forensic evidence then one or both of the parents should be hit with Murder In the First Degree True Bills.

i.e. all the charges are mirrored between the parents?

Maybe the GJ could not decide between what was staged and what was not?

If the case is BDI then Hunter has a motive for not putting either parent in court as this would just expose the case as BDI during the evidence production phase?

If the case is BDI then Hunter has a motive for not putting either parent in court as this would just expose the case as BDI during the evidence production phase?

This what I believe happened and also what the GJ thought but it's just my own theory about how the GJ saw it. But based upon the witness list and stories from the time the GJ first began speaking, I think they were BDI with parental neglect and coverup.

This what I believe happened and also what the GJ thought but it's just my own theory about how the GJ saw it. But based upon the witness list and stories from the time the GJ first began speaking, I think they were BDI with parental neglect and coverup.

root661,,
Yes, looks that way to me also. it did occur to me that although the GJ might lean towards BDI, it could be the GJ could not agree on the degree of the Murder charge, e.g. 1st, 2nd, etc.

Some jurors might think Patsy thought JonBenet was already dead, so she was just staging the crime-scene by adding a ligature and possibly inserting the paintbrush?

Similarly with JR, did the GJ vary in their opinion regarding the degree of any Murder charge, i.e. JR was only assisting an offender?

If the GJ assumed BDI with the parents staging the wine-cellar crime-scene, could be they reckoned one or both parents deserved 2nd degree murder charges, as no premeditated intent was formed?

I hope one day they are interviewed and can tell us what they thought?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back