Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, this is my first time posting but I've been reading these threads for a while now and it is utterly shocking what happened to poor BW.

I had a thought regarding the body disposal site.
It would be interesting to know where SaW grandmother is buried because she posted that oddly timed Instagram post saying how much she missed her grandmother - i think it was posted on the 19th July (sorry can't remember the exact date but know it was in the immediate days following BW's disappearance).
One of you very cleverly said that BW may have been buried within the grounds of a church and something just made my mind go back to SaW grandma.
It seems like SaW has given us little breadcrumbs throughout, albeit, unintentionally and perhaps this could be yet another.

Maybe by burying BW in the same area as a family relative it gave SaW some kind of closure or like she was "looking after her princess". The psychology behind this stuff is fascinating.

Sorry, these are just my late night ramblings.
MOO.

**edited to clarify the post was made on Instagram**

Hello and welcome to WS :) really great first post! This is a really interesting observation and I do remember SaW mentioning missing her grandmother when Bernadette had just gone missing which seemed odd at the time. I'm not sure where her grandmother is buried but I can understand your thought process to think of this scenario.

Does anyone know the exact location of the average speed cameras on the A15? To generate an average there must be at least two locations but they were only picked up on one at Glinton. I'm speculating that they were not on the A15 for the other camera(s). Perhaps this is why the police searched at Etton. If this area to the west of the A15 is into play then there are lots of gravel extraction sites with deep water close to the road. Could they have come off the A15 onto Maxey Road then back on via Glinton Road south of Etton?

I can't find any reference to the Etton search looking at watery locations.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the exact location of the average speed cameras on the A15? To generate an average there must be at least two locations but they were only picked up on one at Glinton. I'm speculating that they were not on the A15 for the other camera(s). Perhaps this is why the police searched at Etton. If this area to the west of the A15 is into play then there are lots of gravel extraction sites with deep water close to the road. Could they have come off the A15 onto Maxey Road then back on via Glinton Road south of Etton?

I can't find any reference to the Etton search looking at watery locations.

this is the bit I don’t follow, as it’s all down that road! It’s why I rather go by the deepings when I head to Spalding as it’s a bland road which is easy to speed on, and you get caught by the snoop cameras at every bridge

He seems to have been looping on and off the a15 into st nicks, crowland, cowbit all the way to Spalding.

When asked where it was, Sarah said: “Where was it she got...she jumped out the car and run off, I’m just asking her dad now.”

A male voice in background is heard to say: “Er...Salters Way.”

Sarah Walker then said: ‘It was between Salters Way,’ before a male voice can be heard saying: “Mountstevens. And Mountsteven Avenue, it was around that area.”

So as I'm trying to figure out where exactly everything is at map wise, I found a Salters Way... 42-48 mins away from their century square home and on the way there you can go 3 routes and it goes through pretty much all the names of places we've heard of so far... Podehole, Deep Market, Cowbit, Spalding, A15, etc. Maybe he accidentally let that slip, like instinctively, he answered truthfully, bc there was no pause on his part for that answer, maybe Sarah didn't even realize that was the street they left her on bc well, shes Sarah and doesn't even think about anyone but herself. Does anyone know if this fits with where they were confirmed to have been in the days after Bernadette went missing? Are all the shops and whatnot they stopped at in this direction? 40ish minutes there and back make sense for the 1 and a half hr he was unaccounted for too... Does anyone know if this area has been searched yet?

Omg forgive me I cannot figure out how to put the map on here hopefully this link will work

Google Maps

this is the bit I don’t follow, as it’s all down that road! It’s why I rather go by the deepings when I head to Spalding as it’s a bland road which is easy to speed on, and you get caught by the snoop cameras at every bridge

He seems to have been looping on and off the a15 into st nicks, crowland, cowbit all the way to Spalding.

aha! So my guess might be correct as they could go down A16 til Spalding and cut thru town, pode hole, etc and maybe bypass cameras but still make your way to Slaters way?

If this is possibly a place of interest, he definitely sounds like he took her out far enough that even if she were to run she wouldn't even know how to get back home and she seems way too shy to stop a stranger and ask for help..

Because they mention Mountsteven Avenue and Salters way I am inclined to think it’s likely either a mispronunciation or a mistranscription. This allows for an area about a mile and a half along the Fulbridge road. Quite a broad distance really! Just looked at it on street view and it’s a nice road with trees and open spaces, I’m not sure you would be inclined to stop there for purposes of rolling a cig as it’s a 40 mph I think - I wouldn’t anyway! I would think one would be more inclined to pull into a side road for something like that. It’s the sort of road i would only to choose to stop on in an emergency, but maybe I’m just super considerate/ cautious!

Tbh it’s all fairly irrelevant as I don’t believe she got out the car and tried to run away anyway. It’s deliberate false trail laying. Anyway, If she had, someone would have seen her / him/ the car, and she would have been seen in the days following.

When asked where it was, Sarah said: “Where was it she got...she jumped out the car and run off, I’m just asking her dad now.”

A male voice in background is heard to say: “Er...Salters Way.”

Sarah Walker then said: ‘It was between Salters Way,’ before a male voice can be heard saying: “Mountstevens. And Mountsteven Avenue, it was around that area.”

So as I'm trying to figure out where exactly everything is at map wise, I found a Salters Way... 42-48 mins away from their century square home and on the way there you can go 3 routes and it goes through pretty much all the names of places we've heard of so far... Podehole, Deep Market, Cowbit, Spalding, A15, etc. Maybe he accidentally let that slip, like instinctively, he answered truthfully, bc there was no pause on his part for that answer, maybe Sarah didn't even realize that was the street they left her on bc well, shes Sarah and doesn't even think about anyone but herself. Does anyone know if this fits with where they were confirmed to have been in the days after Bernadette went missing? Are all the shops and whatnot they stopped at in this direction? 40ish minutes there and back make sense for the 1 and a half hr he was unaccounted for too... Does anyone know if this area has been searched yet?

Omg forgive me I cannot figure out how to put the map on here hopefully this link will work

Google Maps

I’m inclined to believe salters way is a mistake and not a slip. That road you have shown is a good find but it’s a cul de sac in donnington. I’m not saying it’s not worth a look, but he would be heading into Deep South lincs and suddenly that “spare” time isn’t enough.

I mean we are assuming his nonsense story of pulling over for a *advertiser censored* and her running away is true, which as can be seen on this thread is just nonsense.

He would have stopped on a busy road into town to roll up and then watch as she runs away, before thinking 3 days later “hmmm maybe I should tell someone” or make a vague note of where she was when a child disappeared in the middle of the night! Either he’s lying or he’s literally the most useless and uncaring parent of all time. The truth is likely to be both and a whole lot more

Mountsteven Avenue has a junction with Churchfield Road where the lockup was. I don't think that's a coincidence, he probably thought he might be tracked to the area of the lockup by cameras (his phone was off 15 minutes after he picked up Bee, for 1.5 hours) if police started looking at CCTV for Bee. And switching his phone off in Gunthorpe and back on again in Gunthorpe 1.5 hours later was a decoy. IMO

Last edited:
Because they mention Mountsteven Avenue and Salters way I am inclined to think it’s likely either a mispronunciation or a mistranscription. This allows for an area about a mile and a half along the Fulbridge road. Quite a broad distance really! Just looked at it on street view and it’s a nice road with trees and open spaces, I’m not sure you would be inclined to stop there for purposes of rolling a cig as it’s a 40 mph I think - I wouldn’t anyway! I would think one would be more inclined to pull into a side road for something like that. It’s the sort of road i would only to choose to stop on in an emergency, but maybe I’m just super considerate/ cautious!

Tbh it’s all fairly irrelevant as I don’t believe she got out the car and tried to run away anyway. It’s deliberate false trail laying. Anyway, If she had, someone would have seen her / him/ the car, and she would have been seen in the days following.
I agree. The reason for the confusion is that it didn't happen at all like that. I think the intention was to say Skater's Way. Adding between there and Mountsteven makes it such a broad area that it removes any focal point for investigation. I'm increasingly of the opinion that it was in the controlled space of the lock up. She may even have carried her own bag into the lock up.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what post the mapping was done on? I cant find it and IIRC someone had started making one with all the locations right?

Anyone local recognize any of these places? Login • Instagram
I'm not local, so don't have any information on the sites, but I wondered why on the dancing on the car roof tiktok video on there, someone has commented gwarn Stew. Maybe ScW has another known name or went under a different name at some point, Stew is normally a nickname for Stewart isn't it.

Anyone local recognize any of these places? Login • Instagram

spooky! I know some of those folk in those photos too.

the dolls in the wood is striking but a staged photo and pretty indistinct. Unfortunately we have a lot of woods here and it wouldn’t take too long to stage!

He has pics of the roc bunker at maxey there. That (weirdly) is probably too public for this case, as despite being off limits and locked up, literally it’s used for photo shoots by every wannabe photographer around here…more so now the old dairy has been knocked down!

the rest are from all over the area. He has the prodigy artwork from Werrington (he’s wrote Hampton), the regional college, some abandoned buildings he’s listed as Dereham (again miles away from this case) and Thorpe hall.

spooky! I know some of those folk in those photos too.

the dolls in the wood is striking but a staged photo and pretty indistinct. Unfortunately we have a lot of woods here and it wouldn’t take too long to stage!

He has pics of the roc bunker at maxey there. That (weirdly) is probably too public for this case, as despite being off limits and locked up, literally it’s used for photo shoots by every wannabe photographer around here…more so now the old dairy has been knocked down!

the rest are from all over the area. He has the prodigy artwork from Werrington (he’s wrote Hampton), the regional college, some abandoned buildings he’s listed as Dereham (again miles away from this case) and Thorpe hall.
Interesting that you mention Maxey as nearby Etton was searched. It's 13 miles from the Apple Garage to Maxey and SaW got out of the car 13 minutes after they left there. I could easily do that on my rural roads but not sure if that's possible in this instance.

When asked when BW was last seen, SaW (the 'what' suggesting she's looking to ScW for confirmation) said: “Umm...it was around I’d say what 1pm on the Saturday the 18th." This was around the time the ScW phoned her, presumably to let her know BW was dead. Another slip that would leave them with a gap of 2 hours to account for after leaving the 'grandparents' and her 'running off'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam