Canada - Tyler Pratt, 39, (From BC) fatally shot & 1 injured, Hamilton, Ont., 28 Feb 2021 *arrest*

My theory remains that Karafa and Li Landed in Vienna, Austria, then went through Bratislava (they may still be in Bratislava) and went onto Levice where Karafa proceeded to end his partnership with M.M. rather than his even entering the Czech Republic.

Here is IMO the why.

THE ELIT TRADER CAPITAL s.r.o. - historický názov: EARTH´S GARDEN s.r.o. - Obchodný register

Fathers business and showing the only address located in Bratislava, which is connected to him is in fact an apartment and not a factory, or a warehouse. The rest of the family’s businesses are connected with either Canada or the Nitra region (primarily Levice) in the Slovak Republic.
Google Maps

I am also having a hard time understanding WHY these two have not as yet been apprehended as Slovakia is also under a VERY strict lockdown due to COVID
COVID-19: official measures and important information (updated continually) - IOM Migration information center

The following article in the Hamilton Spectator had me believing that the suspects had crossed quite a few borders and had been in the Czech Republic.
“A notarized document obtained by The Spectator and translated from Czech to English outlines the new business agreement, confirming the transfer and name change March 4.It shows HueGoGo was created and registered on May 25, 2020. At that time Karafa had a 50 per cent share and had paid a deposit of 135,000 Czech Koruna (about $7,690 Canadian dollars).”
From Couple wanted in Stoney Creek murder fled to Eastern Europe: Hamilton police

I looked into this, found and translated the court documents (in PDF formatting) stating that the business HueGoGo sro was dissolved using legal representatives and electronic filling, which means that Oliver Karafa did NOT have to be physically present in the Czech Republic at the time.
Business legislation in the Czech Republic: 304/2013 Sb. Zákon o veřejných rejstřících právnických a fyzických osob
Public Record of business transfer of HueGOGO
file:///C:/Users/temp.temp-PC/Downloads/podkladovy.pdf
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=cs&u=https://rejstrik.penize.cz/oliver-karafa&prev=search&pto=auestate
Delmain Capital, s.r.o. , Praha IČO 09185755 - Obchodní rejstřík firem | Kurzy.cz
Delmain Capital, s.r.o. - obchodní rejstřík, úplný výpis | Kurzy.cz

Interestingly, the business partner MM is also from Levice, Slovakia but keeps an address in the Czech Republic. MM seems to be involved with many business startups and such, so I do believe that he was unaware of Karafa’s crimes. Karafa would be nothing short of a liability to his business reputation.

The motive for dissolving his last business seems to be only to extract more cash for his getaway. It seems desperate to require a mere $7,690 Canadian dollars when the lifestyle these 2 vile people are accustomed to living would make this amount only last for about 2 months in Canada.

IMO they thought they would get away with the murder of poor Tyler and his friend, so this shows the need for risky behaviour in the getaway. Note that the surviving victim would no longer be in danger as the police likely took video statements which could be used in court if they also harmed her in an attempt to silence. The poor woman is a hero.

IMO, I also went over Karafa’s parents and sisters income reporting, which in NO way accounts for enrolling Karafa in a private high school in Toronto, rental on apartments in Toronto and Slovakia, nor the purchase of any land rovers. Some shady income reporting, primarily in various import /export companies, most of which were dissolved within a few short years with the exception of one. IMO, and someone can fact check this for me. The family’s lifestyle seems to exceed their federal tax reporting, here in Canada and in Slovakia. Right there is reason enough for the Slovakian tax officials to execute search warrants on ALL of their properties. I could be wrong and this should be fact-checked by someone.

Properties listed on the family’s PUBLIC business accounts.

The main family home. Oliver uses this address quite often and so do his family members. That is a land rover parked in front of it.
Ludanská cesta 5, Levice 934 01
Google Maps

This one below was bought, flipped and sold. Not sure who owns this now. Them, or someone else. Oxford st. 613, Etobicoke, Ontario M8y1e7, Canada.THE BAKED, SRO –Dissolved company under Vojtech Karafa’s –the father-also lists the family’s main home Vojtech Karafa - Informácie o pôsobnosti osoby z výpisu ORSR
https://www.google.com/maps/place/6...eddf75d187ef61!8m2!3d43.6227752!4d-79.4985312

This address was also listed. The town is located just north of the main city of Levice http://32583010.spolocnosti.info/Vojtech+Karafa
609, Hronské Kľačany-935 29 Hronské Kľačany Slovakia
https://www.google.com/maps/place/H...8584c2326d44a24!8m2!3d48.2440347!4d18.5662118

Below. Canadian federal government is still allowing him to run a business here?????
Oliver’s business. ZenHomeMart ZHM Inc. (Corporation# 10994219) is a federal corporation entity registered with Corporations Canada. The incorporation date is September 14, 2018.E.S.residing @ 8 charlotte street, Toronto ON M5V 0K4, Canada Oliver Karafa and E.S. residing@ 613 oxford street, Toronto ON M8Y 1E7, Canada
https://federalcorporation.ca/corporation/10994219
https://federalcorporation.ca/corporation/10994219#overview

Oliver Karafa’s last business registration on June 16, 2020. 12133644 Canada Inc.@ 8 Charlotte Street, Suite: 807, Toronto, ON M5V 2J5..I’m going to assume here that this was his apartment prior to fleeing Canada
https://opengovca.com/corporation/12133644
https://opencorporates.com/companies/ca/10994219
https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/scr/cc/CorporationsCanada/fdrlCrpDtls.html?corpId=10994219
https://www.google.com/maps/place/8...ceadcff7c14891!8m2!3d43.6460611!4d-79.3939804

Yet another dissolved company. Located in Canada –Karafa’s sister, Edita 8858837 Canada Inc. 11-1111 FLINT ROAD NORTH YORK ON M3J 3C7 Canada. Looks like a warehouse housing many companies. This business was incorporated on 16th April 2014It was dissolved on 1st March 2017 after trading for 2 years.
https://www.companiesofcanada.com/person/1202098/edita-karafova
https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...7a23c26cf2adec!8m2!3d43.7782446!4d-79.4798802

Here is a link to the fathers Vojtsch Karafa’s registered businesses. I think the incomes are about as much as someone making 50 thousand per year here in Canada, so lower middle class.
(from: 10/19/2000 until 04/09/2013)100 000 Sk
(from: 02/10/1994 until 10/18/2000) 200 000 Sk
http://www.obchodnyregister.eu/hladaj_osoba.asp?lan=en&PR=Karafa&MENO=&SID=0&T=&STR=3

Wife’s name on this one Mária Karafová Ludanská 5Levice <The main family home
http://www.obchodnyregister.eu/vypis.asp?lan=en&ID=1648&SID=9&P=1
This is another address connected to their businesses Janka Jesenského 790/32
https://www.google.com/maps/place/J...3d19fa1fedb19f9!8m2!3d48.2170912!4d18.6122358

Wow, Researchnut, you are certainly living up to your name!

I don't believe Canada has an extradition treaty with the Slovak Republic so even if they are located there, what would happen?

LOL.I know. I look deeply into what has been said in the papers, all media sites and reports by the police if a local case interests me. Wayne Millard, Laura Babcock and Tim Bosma's murders, Barry and Honey Sherman were some of the more high profile ones and now this one because as in the Bosma murder, I believe that this was about obtaining the new land rover ("It was just a truck") from Tyler to perhaps gain money from selling the truck as revenge for a failed business deal with Tyler.

Oliver Karafa’s last business registration was on June 16, 2020; 12133644 Canada Inc. and has absolutely no information on it. From what I could find on Tyler Pratt is that he was a legitimate businessman and investor. We know from the other business filings of Karafa and his family that they almost always have additional, outside of the family, business partners/investors.

As for extradition, I am looking into international regulations right now and it would be great to have an international lawyer or someone with expert knowledge on the subject to comment on this.

I do know that Canada currently has some treaties with Slovakia. Slovakia also has a constitution(Their constitution would not protect Li if they are in Slovakia as she holds a Chinese passport and is not a citizen of Slovakia) and international agreements with the U.N. and the E.U. Primarily it seems as though Canada protects its financial investments over it's people. I will be looking at all of the agreements and laws that I can find this week.

That being said, Karafa and his family do business internationally and it seems as if Karafas' ZenHomeMart ZHM Inc. Corporation# 10994219 is still in operation(That should be frozen ASAP, IMO) so if any of them have done ANYTHING financially illegal, there is that.

Honestly, if the victims were my family I'd be pushing to get their wanted posters on Interpol, Europol and the RCMP's most wanted site and offering a reward ($10,000) for arrest and conviction. I would also make up a wanted poster, lookup every police force and newspaper they can find across Europe, Asia etc. and send it to them translated into the language spoken there. I would also set up a website for tips so that none are lost.

I'm also hoping that the lack of information being revealed by the Hamilton police department means that they know EXACTLY where Karafa and Li are right now and we can expect an arrest any day now......

So.. I looked more at the European treaties. According to the council of Europe, Slovakia did sign ETS No.024 as follows
" Details of Treaty No.024
European Convention on Extradition
The European Convention on Extradition provides for the extradition between Parties of persons wanted for criminal proceedings or for the carrying out of a sentence. The Convention does not apply to political or military offences and any Party may refuse to extradite its own citizens to a foreign country.

With regard to fiscal offences (taxes, duties, customs) extradition may only be granted if the Parties have decided so in respect of any such offence or category of offences. Extradition may also be refused if the person claimed risks the death penalty under the law of the requesting State"

Fom Full list.

...as in the Bosma murder, I believe that this was about obtaining the new land rover ("It was just a truck") from Tyler to perhaps gain money from selling the truck as revenge for a failed business deal with Tyler.

*record scratch sound* Whoa! Are you saying the Land Rover belonged to Tyler? Did he drive it to Ontario from BC?

Maybe it's because of Oliver's past crime involving a Land Rover that I just assumed the one in question was his, and that the other unidentified car located by police in Hamilton was Tyler's (I figured he flew in to Toronto for a visit and got a rental car...and that the police located the car with help from the rental company and their GPS trackers). Hopefully an investigative journalist will turn their attention to this case. Ann Brocklehurst was great covering Dellen Millard's cases.

A white Land Rover, seen fleeing from the scene, was later recovered in the GTA. Another car was found somewhere in Hamilton, not at the crime scene. Did one of the suspects steal the victim’s car and dump it at another location? Callender wouldn’t say exactly what police believe happened, but no one else was involved in the shooting and neither of the victims drove the car.

Victim identified in Hamilton's 3rd homicide of the year - CHCH (March 2, 2021, 9:00 am)"Investigators have no description of a suspect or suspects but say they are searching for a new model white Land Rover SUV."

Land/ range rovers have tracking devices and it was Tyler's car(not rented)
Neither of the victims drove the car out of the area after the crime; that is for sure.

Remember one victim survived and in this area, it's like this, I know people, who know people, who know the people.

IMO part of the motive as Land rovers are worth up to $100,000 over Canadian and American list prices in China.
I Bought Millions in Luxury Cars and Got Blacklisted by Their Makers

They didn't just fly here, they were here for some time to set up a new business and home.

Other than Li's money from her, whatever you call what she does for a living( Instagram soft *advertiser censored*???, poor advertising for plastic surgery???, when parents should have a talk to their adult children about their lifestyles and choices etc.), Karafa certainly was not reporting enough money to even test drive a new Landrover and selling weighted blankets online, with a business partner, is not going to net you extra luxury items.

Someone should be looking at and reporting on this until they are caught and it seems to me that the crime reporters are just doing the basics, so maybe Ann Brocklehurst should have a go at it as the case has everything, connections to politicians, big and small business (most likely fraudulent practices IMO), the results of imprisonment in the Canadian justice system, the fact that we have people murdering others and being allowed to flee the country etc.

Victim identified in Hamilton's 3rd homicide of the year - CHCH (March 2, 2021, 9:00 am)"Investigators have no description of a suspect or suspects but say they are searching for a new model white Land Rover SUV."

Land/ range rovers have tracking devices and it was Tyler's car(not rented)
Neither of the victims drove the car out of the area after the crime; that is for sure.

Remember one victim survived and in this area, it's like this, I know people, who know people, who know the people.

IMO part of the motive as Land rovers are worth up to $100,000 over Canadian and American list prices in China.
I Bought Millions in Luxury Cars and Got Blacklisted by Their Makers

They didn't just fly here, they were here for some time to set up a new business and home.

Other than Li's money from her, whatever you call what she does for a living( Instagram soft *advertiser censored*???, poor advertising for plastic surgery???, when parents should have a talk to their adult children about their lifestyles and choices etc.), Karafa certainly was not reporting enough money to even test drive a new Landrover and selling weighted blankets online, with a business partner, is not going to net you extra luxury items.

Someone should be looking at and reporting on this until they are caught and it seems to me that the crime reporters are just doing the basics, so maybe Ann Brocklehurst should have a go at it as the case has everything, connections to politicians, big and small business (most likely fraudulent practices IMO), the results of imprisonment in the Canadian justice system, the fact that we have people murdering others and being allowed to flee the country etc.

Thanks for the clarification! Very interesting. I didn't even realize the survivor was from out West but that makes sense. I hope she's doing well. I don't believe they've reported whether she's been released from hospital.

Now I am wondering about the other car found in Hamilton. If it is what Karafa/Li drove to Hamilton, were they planning on coming back for it? Or was it stolen and it was always part of the plan to leave it behind. Need. More. Details. (I mean in general, from the police and reporters. Not from you personally - you've been great!)

(I LOLed about the weighted blankets. So true.)

The survivor is from Hamilton, moved away and came back to set up a home in Toronto.
The second car? Police are not saying much about it, but it was found away from the scene.
HPD isn't saying much of anything lately regarding the case.
Is it a case of, if we don't talk about it, people will forget?
I wish someone would do some real investigative reporting into this.
It's been 1 and 1/2 months and no arrests, yet.

No new information but at least someone is checking in with police from time to time.

Couple wanted in double Stoney Creek shooting in hiding

Two months into the manhunt for a young couple wanted in a double shooting behind a Stoney Creek business, Hamilton police believe the duo continue to hide somewhere in Eastern Europe.
“It is believed that they remain in hiding in Eastern Europe and are actively evading authorities,” Det. Sgt. Jim Callender, of the major crime unit, said in an emailed statement.
The vehicles of both the victims and the accused were driven away from the scene after the shooting. A white Land Rover, seen fleeing the scene, was later recovered in the GTA. Another car was found somewhere in Hamilton, not at the crime scene.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/karafa-li-homicide-hungary-arrest-1.6064654
rbbm.
''Oliver Karafa and Yun (Lucy) Lu Li flew to eastern Europe within 24 hours of a shooting that left 39-year-old Tyler Pratt dead, Hamilton police say. A woman was also critically injured, but survived.

The two travelled through several countries, including Slovakia and the Czech Republic, before arriving in Budapest, says Det.-Sgt. Jim Callender.

They were arrested on June 12 and investigators in Hamilton were notified a short time later.

"It's been a journey that has taken a lot of strides and a lot of new information that has led to this," Callender said during a media update on Monday.''

''Callender would not say what police believe led to the shooting, saying it forms evidence for the case, but added he's "very comfortable with the motivation for the shooting and the murder."

A 26-year-old woman was seriously injured in the incident, and has since left hospital and is continuing to recover.''

''In a media release issued Monday morning, Hamilton police said those efforts, along with the work of the Hungarian Fugitive Active Search Team, led to the pair's arrest in Budapest, where they're in custody.

"The efforts of the police services are what led to this," said Callender. His office worked with RCMP liaison officers for the European Union to track down the suspects, he said.''

Images emerge of Ontario murder suspects' arrest in Budapest
image.jpg

Oliver Karafa (left) and Yun (Lucy) Lu Li are seen here following their arrest on first-degree and attempted murder charges in Budapest on Saturday, June 12. (Hungarian National Police)
June 16 2021 rbbm.
HUNTER: Millennial Bonnie and Clyde: She waives extradition, he'll fight | Toronto Sun
''The Toronto Sun has learned that Yun (Lucy) Lu Li has waived extradition in Budapest and will be flying home soon and into the loving arms of cops.''

''In addition, the twosome is also accused of attempted murder in the shooting of Pratt’s 26-year-old girlfriend, whose unborn baby was killed in the gunplay.''

In a release, they said there had been a “business meeting” on Feb. 28 and for the first time said that it was Karafa who was the alleged triggerman.''

''That means within weeks, the selfie-loving Li will be back home.

The release adds: “The male defendant did not consent to his extradition.”

It could take months for Canada to get its hands on Karafa who is almost certain to do everything possible to stay off a Toronto-bound plane.''

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing dotr -- those pics brought a smile to my face.

Although the smile quickly disappeared when I read the survivor lost her baby. How awful. I don't believe murder charges can be applied in respect of an unborn child in Canada. Too bad.

Thanks for sharing dotr -- those pics brought a smile to my face.

Although the smile quickly disappeared when I read the survivor lost her baby. How awful. I don't believe murder charges can be applied in respect of an unborn child in Canada. Too bad.
May 2021
Criminal Code
''When child becomes human being

• 223 (1) A child becomes a human being within the meaning of this Act when it has completely proceeded, in a living state, from the body of its mother, whether or not
    • (a) it has breathed;

• (b) it has an independent circulation; or

• (c) the navel string is severed.
  • Marginal note:Killing child

(2) A person commits homicide when he causes injury to a child before or during its birth as a result of which the child dies after becoming a human being.
  • R.S., c. C-34, s. 206''

Criminal Code
Killing unborn child in act of birth

• 238 (1) Every one who causes the death, in the act of birth, of any child that has not become a human being, in such a manner that, if the child were a human being, he would be guilty of murder, is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for life.

• Marginal note:Saving

(2) This section does not apply to a person who, by means that, in good faith, he considers necessary to preserve the life of the mother of a child, causes the death of that child.
  • R.S., c. C-34, s. 221
Date modified:
2021-06-15

Lucy Li waives extradition, returning to Canada after Budapest arrest

Hamilton police confirmed that the 26-year-old victim was pregnant at the time and the shooting resulted in the loss of the pregnancy. It does not change the charges the pair face.
They were arrested with fake identification.
Canadian authorities have 30 days, until July 14, to send extradition information to Budapest.

It is unclear how fast Li will be put on a plane, but she will be escorted by police.
It’s possible for the decision on whether Karafa will be extradited to take many months, during which time bail is not possible.

According to extradition agreements between the countries Karafa can only be extradited if the crime he faces is also a crime in Hungary — this is called the principal of dual criminality. Accused persons are also only extradited if they face a significant (at least two years) and there cannot be any risk of execution or human rights violations.

More details regarding the victim Tyler Pratt and his Fiancee. A picture of Tyler that his mum had shared. Mom of murdered man relieved as influencer triplet and boyfriend caught after months on the run | Daily Mail Online
44320645-9694723-image-m-9_1623904545913.jpg

I'm glad we are learning more about who Tyler was as a person. I'm sad for his three kids.

I wonder if Li & Karafa were always planning on taking off to Europe or if it was a last minute thing when they heard one of the victims had survived.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back