Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a couple of others have just said, it also crossed my mind that she might have been worried he was going to start doing it to her younger sister and also she has a new baby sister, so may have thought she had no choice but to tell now.

But bee wasn’t biologically his, we don’t know for certain about the other two either but I’m sure the wheelchair they were fundraising for was for the girl would that make him abusing her more or less likely, personally I’d say less likely

But bee wasn’t biologically his, we don’t know for certain about the other two either but I’m sure the wheelchair they were fundraising for was for the girl would that make him abusing her more or less likely, personally I’d say less likely
Other daughter wasn't in the wheelchair for long. Would Bee be willing to take that chance ? I think not.

But she's not in a wheel chair anymore, and unless her hair magically got WAAAY darker I'd say she dyed it bc she wanted to be like her older sister...

There's one thing that keeps niggling away in the back of my mind - going to MacDonalds after, potentially killing BW.

Takes a special kind of callous lowlife...

...and I'm not that convinced he, and indeed she, is that type of person

So what's the alternative? An alternative paradox maybe?

How about instead of her running away, they 'gave her away' and all the empty time slots are the process of handing her over to 'someone', those pesky people traffickers for example, and everything else after 24 hours are their clumsy attempts to show they looked for her (or follow cover-up instructions from the traffickers they were following) whilst giving time for BW to be disappeared somewhere?

So, no body, no burial. Princess isn't dead, nor in the open nor in the dark, but likely looking at an existence worse than death.

But the risk for SaW and ScW has passed, income preserved, means justify the ends. Nothing provable beyond reasonable doubt. Everything circumstantial. The truth in the lie is that she did run off, well, was handed over.

I wondered this too. But then again, who really knows traffickers like that? Doubtful the Walkers do.. I've also wondered if they tied her up and left her somewhere til she naturally succumbed or something. I've tried thinking of so many scenarios where they could've seen her alive last, but she be dead by now. I hope we hear of more forensics later in the trial that point to her being gone. Maybe they did send her off somewhere with no phone or anything and threatened her if she came back they'd kill her? But someone else has came along and ended her life?

Maybe I’m just trying to think as positive as possible in such a horrid situation

I had thought she might have spoke out now because if she found out she was pregnant she could have told the friend and the friend might have said tell your mum she loves you and then she told her friend what happened

all obviously just my opinion

Maybe I’m just trying to think as positive as possible in such a horrid situation

I had thought she might have spoke out now because if she found out she was pregnant she could have told the friend and the friend might have said tell your mum she loves you and then she told her friend what happened

all obviously just my opinion
I thought pregnancy might be a trigger early on. I've been suggesting sexual abuse as a possible factor for sometime given the way she dismisses herself, won't take a complement, is socially withdrawn, describes herself negatively, evil, dirty, etc. No less shocking for that to come to the fore in this case. She had sanitary products in her bag but then I guess most young women would. I think pregnancy would have been mentioned by now if it was to feature at all.

I've set up a dedicated Timeline - no discussion - thread, to make it easier to locate with updates/changes as the trial goes along. You can bookmark it/subscribe if you wish to be notified of updates. It's now updated with the latest trial reports.

Please remember to keep any discussion of entries in the case discussion thread, so that it stays as timeline only, and if you want to add any entries I've missed, or suggest any edits, please just tag me.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/uk-bernadette-walker-17-peterborough-18-jul-2020-timeline-only-no-discussion.574185/

updated Timeline extract with new details:

Jul 20, Mon

12:27amScW and SaW’s phones at the lock up garage, with BW’s phone (switched off), before travelling to Cowbit. ANPR tracked ScW’s Mercedes as it travelled along the A16 nr. Spalding and A1175 nr. Market Deeping, towards Cowbit.

12:32am – ScW and SaW leave the lock-up, their phones switched on, BW’s phone not on.

12:37am – ANPR picked up the car on the A16 going northbound.

12:42am
– Phones connected to cell site known as Crowland Water Tower.

12:43amSaW’s phone disconnected from network, until back at home after 3am.

12:44amScW’s phone disconnected from network, until back at home after 3am.

12:54am to 1:29amBW’s phone connected to the network at 12:54am. It connected with a number of cell sites in Cowbit area over the next 35 minutes, suggesting it was moving.

12:54am to 1:28am – A number of messages were sent from BW’s phone as it was moving:

The first message was sent to SaW. The message said: “For God’s sake, what the hell mum, stop messaging my friends. I swear you tell anyone else I lied I will tell them I don’t have my phone, I’ll tell everyone dad has got it. I’m OK.”

Messages were also sent to BW’s friends from her phone. One sent to one friend said: “you can leave me alone too.” Another sent to another friend started a conversation between the two:

BW’s phone: “Please leave me alone.”
Friends’s phone: “Bernadette - please go home.”
BW’s phone: “Everyone hates me now.”
Friend’s phone: “I don’t, your mum doesn’t.”
BW’s phone: “You should.”
Friend’s phone: “Well I don’t because I care about you.”
BW’s phone: “I’m OK
The friend sent a message asking who she was with, and a reply came back telling him no.
Friend’s phone: “OK, that’s fine. Your mum loves you so much and she really really misses you.”
BW’s phone: “Stop messaging people about me. I’ll throw my phone. Leave me alone.
Friend’s phone: “Are you serious?
BW’s phone: “Yeah.”
Friend’s phone “I just want you to go home.”
BW’s phone: “I know.”
A message from the friend said that she had ‘scared everyone’.
BW’s phone: “I don’t care. Sorry, got to go, they don’t know I actually have my phone.”

[1:00am - BW texted SaW to say she was coming home soon according to media reports before the trial, based on information from SaW.]

1:17am – ScW’s car seen at Applegreen Service Station on A1175, for 2 minutes. Messages still being sent from BW’s phone.

1:19am – ScW’s car left the service station.

1.28am - The last message was sent from BW’s phone (possibly to finish the conversation recorded above), which said “I don’t know what to do, keeping my options open. K, bye.”

1:29am
BW’s phone disconnected from network. (DC Jacqui Quinn, the officer in the case gave evidence, explaining to jurors what information was available from mobile phones - both when officers had the handset, and when they did not. She said BW’s phone was disconnected from the network on the morning of July 20 last year, and had not been reconnected since, The handset has not been recovered.)

1:32am to 1:37amSaW’s phone tracked 33 steps over a 5 min. period.

1:49am – ScW’s car sighted on the A15 at Glinton.

3:03amSaW’s phone switched back on.

3:07am – SaW’s Phone located in vicinity of Century Sq.

4:08amScW’s phone switched back on in vicinity of Century Sq.

Thank you for this idk why I hadn't seen this part.

I've set up a dedicated Timeline - no discussion - thread, to make it easier to locate with updates/changes as the trial goes along. You can bookmark it/subscribe if you wish to be notified of updates. It's now updated with the latest trial reports.

Please remember to keep any discussion of entries in the case discussion thread, so that it stays as timeline only, and if you want to add any entries I've missed, or suggest any edits, please just tag me.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/uk-bernadette-walker-17-peterborough-18-jul-2020-timeline-only-no-discussion.574185/

Omg thank you so much I appreciate everything you do for this case so much!!

To summarise…the last time she’s seen alive is at the grandparents house on the Sunday morning. She gets in the car with “daddy” and he takes over 2 hours to make a 7 minute journey which includes a lost 90 mins where he turns his phone off.

the phone she never had is then accessed at a place she couldn’t possibly be, where it’s now sending messages (paid for by mother dearest) giving alibis. It follows the same route as the mothers phone. All her passwords are changed to the latest boyfriend of the mum too.

The three phones make a random middle of the night trip to cowbit/Spalding where one phone is never seen again.

finally half a week later (Tuesday!) they decide to tell the police a story of her running away with a polish boy and they thought they would just leave it.

I can’t imagine why no one believes them. He’s done for and I think she will be following him for a long stretch soon after too

I thought pregnancy might be a trigger early on. I've been suggesting sexual abuse as a possible factor for sometime given the way she dismisses herself, won't take a complement, is socially withdrawn, describes herself negatively, evil, dirty, etc. No less shocking for that to come to the fore in this case. She had sanitary products in her bag but then I guess most young women would. I think pregnancy would have been mentioned by now if it was to feature at all.

If this was the case would she not have probably told SaW when she told about the abuse

If this was the case would she not have probably told SaW when she told about the abuse
I don't think this was the case. I did speculate early on but, as I said, it would have been mentioned by now as it would be a significance factor. However, who knows what was said between BW and SaW over the course of what might have been hours of emotion? We only have one side remaining and her word is considerably less than unreliable.

In regards to Bernadette phone disappearing etc a sim card was purchased for some reason. Now I'm unsure of the make model phone bernadette had but on the 23/07/20 two mobiles phones was listed for sale on marketplace by a sibling. I mean it would be silly to pop a sim card in and sell but what if.. ?? I wonder if the police was aware etc.

In regards to Bernadette phone disappearing etc a sim card was purchased for some reason. Now I'm unsure of the make model phone bernadette had but on the 23/07/20 two mobiles phones was listed for sale on marketplace by a sibling. I mean it would be silly to pop a sim card in and sell but what if.. ?? I wonder if the police was aware etc.

do you have a screenshot for this? It may be worth forwarding it to Cambs police. I’m sure they are aware, but that’s something that may need justifying. If she’s ran away “again” then surely you don’t sell her stuff.

I suspect the phone was wanged into the welland but it’s worth checking everything. They aren’t smart enough and it will be something that brings this down

My daughter has half a dozen old phones. I'm sure she would sell a couple if she thought anyone would want them. I think it is highly unlikely that BW running away (again?) would immediately trigger the sale of her most treasured possession. Given how significant a piece of evidence it would be, it's probably either with BW's body or was tossed into a watery pit, drain or river shortly after they left the Apple Garage, or both.

Last edited:
In the last christmas photos on I think it was sc w Facebook, I think bw is holding a new iPhone she got for a present.

I don't think this was the case. I did speculate early on but, as I said, it would have been mentioned by now as it would be a significance factor. However, who knows what was said between BW and SaW over the course of what might have been hours of emotion? We only have one side remaining and her word is considerably less than unreliable.
She told her mum over text about the abuse didn’t she?

One is a smashed up iPhone black being sold as spares repairs. Like the one she had possibly at christmas but unsure. It looked like he was selling stuff like comics, games etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave