AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe in need of fuel? or...they found something.

It's hard to correlate the flightaware map with real maps, but it looks to me like the helo ended up at Greeneville Municipal Airport. Could be refueling. Could be some other reason it ended up there.

Edited: confirmed after landing info posted.

The location that is being searched ...

At the 9 second mark of the video in this reporter's tweet you can see the steeple portion of the Mt Carmel Free Will Baptist Church come into view on the left of the video (you will also see the Church's sign - it is square):
https://twitter.com/overbay_ted/status/1406471518163513347

On Google Maps StreetView, this is the closest position to where that video was taken from (actually the reporter/videographer would be on Fields Rd right where it intersects Beech Creek RD and looking NNW.

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.4280897,-82.7261467,3a,75y,63.3h,96.71t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sdMrokl2_PC8T8pnZVkpjaA!2e0!6shttps://streetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com/v1/thumbnail?panoid=dMrokl2_PC8T8pnZVkpjaA&cb_client=maps_sv.tactile.gps&w=203&h=100&yaw=150.13255&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en-US

The helicopter in the sky is further to the north of the Church above the field just past the Cemetery.

Google Maps

I see the guardrail where LEOs vehicles were parked in the 2nd link. So, where is that in relation to the stop sign seen in the 1st link, if you know?

It's hard to correlate the flightaware map with real maps, but it looks to me like the helo ended up at Greeneville Municipal Airport. Could be refueling. Could be some other reason it ended up there.

Edited: confirmed after landing info posted.

The gps cords are all logged on a link on flightawares page . I am on a desk top. I don't know how the phone app works . You can just paste the cords on google and it will take you there, it seems to be across from simpsons loop and partly over a farm and home.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

If it is in approx a mile from the homesite, it was searched the first day originally. With the ground search crews moving further out in a radius. Yes, someone could have know they had left that area and returned to it. With tiny little Summer.
In fact, while the family were at church and the ground crew a distance away, tonight may have been a preferred time.
Wonder how LE found out? Were there helicopters and planes overhead.
all speculation, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also think that just because the ground crews left at 8pm - 8am, that doesn't mean LE wasn't watching overnights.

Good night. I have to sleep finally. I hope there is some resolution tomorrow.

If it is in approx a mile from the homesite, it was searched the first day originally. With the ground search crews moving further out in a radius. Yes, someone could have know they had left that area and returned to it. With tiny little Summer.
In fact, while the family were at church and the ground crew a distance away, tonight may have been a preferred time.
Wonder how LE found out? Were there helicopters and planes overhead.
all speculation, of course.

I would imagine a good tactic in a situation like this might be to leave trail cameras up overnight. Seeing movement they're not expecting might trigger a response like this.

We are getting slammed with subtropical rain in western North Carolina but it doesn’t appear to have gone far enough north to impact that area. Unsure if it is forecasted. But it’s a deluge and could possibly impact the searches.

Still holding out hope that she could be alive, because you don’t give up until there’s a resolution. Flooding rains would be devastating for a little one caught in them.

We are getting slammed with subtropical rain in western North Carolina but it doesn’t appear to have gone far enough north to impact that area. Unsure if it is forecasted. But it’s a deluge and could possibly impact the searches.

Still holding out hope that she could be alive, because you don’t give up until there’s a resolution. Flooding rains would be devastating for a little one caught in them.

I did see some spots of weather around the helo flight map, but didn't look like a lot, and didn't look close to search area. Crossing fingers, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288