AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search For Summer: Investigators, helicopters searching overnight for missing Rogersville 5-year-old | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Summer's mother told the reporter that Summer went inside "and not two minutes later" she went inside but Summer was not there.

Wouldn’t Summer have to be on a run for that timeline to make sense? How far away from the house could she have traveled in just a few minutes? Far enough to be lost? If a car pulled up it would surely have been noticed.

If it is an open field, I wonder how well they would have searched that in the earlier days. They were looking for a little girl lost in dense greenery, not in a field.

In an open field search, ideally, it's best to conduct a grid search.

That is one where searches walk within arms length of one another to a predetermined point. Then, they'll turn and repeat the pattern in the next section until they've searched the area in a grid pattern.

This type grid pattern search helps eliminate any spaces in the field from being searched. They may mark their grids with stakes that have colored flags attached to indicate searched areas.

There's also software available to coordinate searches so each searcher is accounted for including not only their current location but the areas where they searched.

I'm not liking the sound of these new searches.... but I shall remain positive until we here otherwise.

It's morning here in the UK and i'm about to take my own 5 year old to her Sunday morning run. I shall think of our sweet Summer and hopefully there will be better news when we get home later!

While the story sounds “weird”, I thought that baby Noah’s story in Portugal was weird too and, turns out, the parents were not lying and that 2-year-old kid really did walk 10km in a pretty rough terrain.

2 minutes ?!

Yes, the reporter stated the mother said, "not two minutes later'...

I've listened to it three times with another time while using headphones to make sure that it was two minutes when ten minutes may be more reasonable.

However, it's clear the reporter says the mother claims "not two minutes later" after Summer went inside that she went inside to find her daughter gone.

They most certainly do! Whatever tip they are going off of, it has to be something for them to put some stock into because they are not messing around. Looks like lots of people and resources set up along with the helicopter circling. Chilling to watch...Praying hard that they find this baby tonight.
I pray that they find beautiful Summer Moon on this Sunday morning Lord. Hopefully by the time I finish my shift she will be found!

It probably truly felt like 2 minutes to the mother, most likely it wasn’t but still.

It takes literally 2 seconds for a kid to do something silly and get hurt, doesn’t surprise me. She didn’t obviously exit the home and the property in 2 minutes though, which doesn’t mean that it didn’t really feel like 2 minutes for the mother.

It probably truly felt like 2 minutes to the mother, most likely it wasn’t but still.

It takes literally 2 seconds for a kid to do something silly and get hurt, doesn’t surprise me. She didn’t obviously exit the home and the property in 2 minutes though, which doesn’t mean that it didn’t really feel like 2 minutes for the mother.

That may be well be true. Hopefully, her answers to LE are more fact based than " feeling " based, though.

I t
We are getting slammed with subtropical rain in western North Carolina but it doesn’t appear to have gone far enough north to impact that area. Unsure if it is forecasted. But it’s a deluge and could possibly impact the searches.

Still holding out hope that she could be alive, because you don’t give up until there’s a resolution. Flooding rains would be devastating for a little one caught in them.

Maybe the search will be able to continue today. I just checked the radar and it looks like most of the rains will be East. We’re in RTP area and haven’t had a drop.

I hope they can find this angel soon. I can’t think of any way I can help with this one and it’s best if I don’t comment on this one.

i'm praying for her to return home safely. I'm praying the family had nothing to do with it. seeing how the media and public can just decide someone is guilty and pick through their life and create rumors is so disheartening. people all see themselves as having the perfect reaction to this or that it could NEVER happen to them. I just want people to be more thoughtful. And it probably causes a LOT of distractions within the case because i know these people probably call the cops with these rumors as tips. However i know if summer comes home safely many people won't rest until all the kids are taken away.

i'm praying for her to return home safely. I'm praying the family had nothing to do with it. seeing how the media and public can just decide someone is guilty and pick through their life and create rumors is so disheartening. people all see themselves as having the perfect reaction to this or that it could NEVER happen to them. I just want people to be more thoughtful. And it probably causes a LOT of distractions within the case because i know these people probably call the cops with these rumors as tips. However i know if summer comes home safely many people won't rest until all the kids are taken away.

I agree. And I would go a step further and say that this is a family without much money in a rural, economically depressed area, so from the outside looking in, we see a life that a lot of is can't relate to. They're "different" from us, and that makes people judge harsher.

It's so easy for people to deduce, "This isn't how I'd raise kids so they must've hurt her." Her head is shaved. She appears dirty in some pics (nevermind that she looks clean and well dressed in others...) This doesn't mean anything... At least not yet with the info we have right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong