OR OR - Rebecca Kathleen Reid, 37, abducted while working at store, Eugene, 1997

Taking Another Look: 1997 disappearance of Rebecca Reid remains a frustrating cold case

posted Friday, February 10th 2017

"Plenty of leads, but no conclusions

Rebecca Reid was closing what was then a Grocery Car store, where she was a a manager.

Around 1 a.m., a man entered the store.

He had a knife, and he forced Reid into a waiting truck, according to Eugene Police.

There was one witness in the store when it happened.

An artist’s rendering was released to the public.

The leads starting pouring in.

Then the trail went cold.

“At last count we’re at 800 leads," Eugene Police said in 1997, "and they’re all going in different directions."

Just came across this case it sounds familiar to the woman who were abducted in Missouri in the early 90s

Cheryl Ann Kenney was abducted from a Connivence Store in February 1991 from Nevada Missouri and hasn’t been found

Trudy Darby was abducted and then raped and murder from a connivence store in January 1991 from Mack’s Creek Missouri Jessie Rush and Marvin Chaney were charged with her murder

Angela Hammond was abducted by a man on a Pay phone in 1991 that was wearing a baseball cap, Beard/Stubble and drove a late 1960s or early 1970s too toned green Ford pickup truck.

I wonder if this could be the same persons as Angela’s abductor several things add up in it.

Attachments

• CC2569DB-A931-4B26-9EAE-ED4E3F961392.jpeg
    CC2569DB-A931-4B26-9EAE-ED4E3F961392.jpeg
    12.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 2F3F6B53-070C-4613-A0A8-9CFD7C6D362F.jpeg
    2F3F6B53-070C-4613-A0A8-9CFD7C6D362F.jpeg
    19.9 KB · Views: 8
Just came across this case it sounds familiar to the woman who were abducted in Missouri in the early 90s

Cheryl Ann Kenney was abducted from a Connivence Store in February 1991 from Nevada Missouri and hasn’t been found

Trudy Darby was abducted and then raped and murder from a connivence store in January 1991 from Mack’s Creek Missouri Jessie Rush and Marvin Chaney were charged with her murder

Angela Hammond was abducted by a man on a Pay phone in 1991 that was wearing a baseball cap, Beard/Stubble and drove a late 1960s or early 1970s too toned green Ford pickup truck.

I wonder if this could be the same persons as Angela’s abductor several things add up in it.

Yes, very similar. Sounds like the best serial killers, abductors etc. are those who are constantly on the road and moving from place to place. Rebecca certainly could have been abducted, and probably murdered, by one of these folks. Have you seen the "Trail of Tears" on 48 hours? A highway that runs East to West most of the way across Canada where many women have disappeared.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking Another Look: 1997 disappearance of Rebecca Reid remains a frustrating cold case

posted Friday, February 10th 2017

"Plenty of leads, but no conclusions

Rebecca Reid was closing what was then a Grocery Car store, where she was a a manager.

Around 1 a.m., a man entered the store.

He had a knife, and he forced Reid into a waiting truck, according to Eugene Police.

There was one witness in the store when it happened.

An artist’s rendering was released to the public.

The leads starting pouring in.

Then the trail went cold.

“At last count we’re at 800 leads," Eugene Police said in 1997, "and they’re all going in different directions."

Yes, very frustrating. I saw that there was a 20 year update by our local news in 2017. Very sad and frustrating.

I was watching ID channel today. Serial Killer Saturday. So many families with no answers to where their loved one disappeared. I cannot even imagine.

Yes, very similar. Sounds like the best serial killers, abductors etc. are those who are constantly on the road and moving from place to place. Rebecca certainly could have been abducted, and probably murdered, by one of these folks. Have you seen the "Trail of Tears" on 48 hours? A highway that runs East to West most of the way across Canada where many women have disappeared.

Update:" the highway of tears", on 48 hours

Just came across the disappearance of Star Gail Boomer from Kansas City and a man named Robert Horn was convicted of her murder but it was later dropped. Anybody see a striking similarity between Horn and Rebecca’s abductor?

Attachments

• 64BE2E48-01A4-460D-B9BB-4E43B4A94404.jpeg
    64BE2E48-01A4-460D-B9BB-4E43B4A94404.jpeg
    15.1 KB · Views: 8
  • F9764FBB-2A3C-4BF8-80F1-30C16431876D.jpeg
    F9764FBB-2A3C-4BF8-80F1-30C16431876D.jpeg
    12.2 KB · Views: 6
The height is way off. I Don’t remember reading anything about the details of a robbery? That had to be the original motive right?

Since she vanished, investigators say they have conducted hundreds of interviews.

Since she vanished, investigators say they have conducted hundreds of interviews.(Pearl River County Sheriff's Office)
BILOXI, Miss. (WLOX) - Rebecca Reid’s disappearance has shaken the small Pearl River County community where she grew up.

Rebecca’s sister was the last one to see her on January 24, 2020. Since she vanished, investigators have conducted hundreds of interviews and have a stockpile of false leads. Three years have passed. Rebecca’s family members and the community who loved her, say it’s time to bring her home.

“Something so big just happened out here in the middle of nowhere,” Rebecca’s sister, Vada Reid, said.

“It makes you look at your neighbors,” her cousin, Rhonda Cooley, said.

“It’s not like you can say okay we’ve got a crime scene here where we can investigate and gather evidence,” Chief Deputy Freddy Drennan with Pearl County Sheriff Office said. “We have a person who just disappeared.”

“We’ve looked everywhere,” Cooley said. “There’s no sign of her, at all.”

“About dark I get the phone call from my dad, she’s not at home,” Reid said. “That’s when everything started. Here we are three years later, still nothing.”

Hundreds of volunteers, searching by horseback, ATVs, and drones combing through more than a thousand acres in this small farming community of Pearl River County - all to find a special needs woman who vanished without a trace leaving behind her ID, glasses, and life-saving medication.

Close relatives say Rebecca’s disappearance has left a hole in their hearts.

“Never did I ever see her without getting a big hug and kiss,” Cooley said. “She just a sweet girl, she really was.”
continued:

I think this is someone else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708