AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume, in these cases, that any family member who appears on camera does so with the intent of offering factual information to the public in the hope that what they say might help in the recovery of their missing loved one. So I take what they say literally.

That's just me.
In this area, the phrase 2 minutes can mean anywhere from 2 minutes to half an hour. It is not meant to give wrong info, it is just how we talk.

In this area, the phrase 2 minutes can mean anywhere from 2 minutes to half an hour. It is not meant to give wrong info, it is just how we talk.

I'm from the area. I stand by my previous post.

But I'm not going to belabor the point. LE knows how to ask very precise questions, and whatever any of US think, I'm sure they are doing their job very carefully. That's really all that matters to me.

So someone was "laying in wait", yet also had a car, and no one saw or heard anything even though the mom and grandma and what looks like several dogs were outside. Those dogs didn't bark or act weird or anything to indicate there was someone dragging her away? That makes zero sense, but then again, as he keeps reminding us, he wasn't there, and maybe he's not thinking clearly in his grief. I could almost get on board with maybe she snuck off into the woods and happened to stumble upon someone.

Maybe the family had some enemies who have made some threats. MOO

Can we discuss anything about the family at all, or is that considered sleuthing them? Like how old the siblings are, if the dad has the kind of job where someone actually saw him there all day, did the mom and/or grandma have access to a vehicle...

At this time the family may only be discussed based on information presented in media or by LE sources. Any information beyond that would be considered sleuthing. Unless LE were to state otherwise, WS considers family members to be victims.

It appears a brazen abduction attempt of a 12-year old boy transpired in Kingsport, Tennessee, on Thursday.

When I was six, I was scooped up by a man on a bicycle, right outside the front garden of our home. I kicked, screamed, and bit his arm. He dropped me.

Later, he was arrested, and charged with murdering a 4-year old boy, the week before he grabbed me.

More than 70 years later, I can still see his bloated, red face, and stubby grey whiskers, and smell his foul breath.

58-year-old man charged following attempted kidnapping in Kingsport | wbir.com

So sorry that happened to you, but you should feel proud that you reacted correctly, and fought him, and survived, and at age 6 too, so young! Good job!

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

It was noted "somewhere" ...no more updates until new information. The County Rescue Squad posted they needed ice, then quickly said .....thanks but please no more ice.

Moo...we are all on edge looking for any update, anything, just a snippet, anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm from the area. I stand by my previous post.

But I'm not going to belabor the point. LE knows how to ask very precise questions, and whatever any of US think, I'm sure they are doing their job very carefully. That's really all that matters to me.
Agreed and I'm thinking if the time period was a literal two minutes, Summer should have been found.
She could not have walked very far on foot if they were out looking within minutes.

But not if someone drove by and grabbed her.
Again hopefully LE have collected everyone's doorbell camera footage or other security cams in the area.
I was thinking back to the msm interview with the dad and the part where he says druggies often come into the area .... who all came and left that day ?
If I were LE, I'd be interested in the movements of all of the vehicles.
Every single one.
MOO.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

I read the attached article and I've watched the interview a several times. I see no reference to the dispatchers report of the mother going for a walk in the 911 call. I've not see any quotes from the 911 call.

The 911 call has not been published or at least I can't find an approved MSN link.

Moo....

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed and I'm thinking if the time period was a literal two minutes, Summer should have been found.
She could not have walked very far on foot if they were out looking within minutes.

But not if someone drove by and grabbed her.
Again hopefully LE have collected everyone's doorbell camera footage or other security cams in the area.
I was thinking back to the msm interview with the dad and the part where he says druggies often come into the area .... who all came and left that day ?
If I were LE, I'd be interested in the movements of all of the vehicles.
Every single one.
MOO.

The thing for me is, my home is set up very similarly with respect to the driveway, the road , and how rural it is. I'm also perched on a hill. The ONLY house on the hill. You could NOT get a vehicle up my driveway without being heard. In fact, unless we're asleep, you can't drive down my road without being heard, mainly because it's a dead end with only 3 other homes on the road, so it's unusual to see or hear a car. But anyway...based on just my knowledge of this kind of set up... I would think mom would have either heard a car on the drive and assumed it was dad, or Summer would have had to walk down to the road and some stranger just happened to be driving by and thought, "Hey ! Grab that kid! ". It just doesn't sound like a very realistic scenario to me.

That's just my opinion.

I agree with the above posts. We have meagre information and are trying our best to tease something out of it.
LietKeynes, not to be disrespectful but there are likely to be very few cameras such as exist in more populated areas. There are trail cameras for hunting. And if you are growing cannabis, cooking meth or have a moonshine still. But doorbells and streetview cameras are quite unlikely. This is extremely remote. There is no through traffic. There is almost no public traffic. Much of it is dirt roads and dead end lanes leading back to a residence set back from the road.
I had a medical apmt in Knoxville with a professional driver for the insurance company. We were supposed to pick up another passenger. We got lost for 2 hours or so. The roads and houses are not marked. We passed by 4 times until her husband was by the road waving us down. The GPS was completely useless.

Last edited:
The thing for me is, my home is set up very similarly with respect to the driveway, the road , and how rural it is. I'm also perched on a hill. The ONLY house on the hill. You could NOT get a vehicle up my driveway without being heard. In fact, unless we're asleep, you can't drive down my road without being heard, mainly because it's a dead end with only 3 other homes on the road, so it's unusual to see or hear a car. But anyway...based on just my knowledge of this kind of set up... I would think mom would have either heard a car on the drive and assumed it was dad, or Summer would have had to walk down to the road and some stranger just happened to be driving by and thought, "Hey ! Grab that kid! ". It just doesn't sound like a very realistic scenario to me.

That's just my opinion.

My house is set up similarly and if so much as a deer walks up the driveway my dogs are losing it. In these really rural areas part of the benefit of having dogs is to alert you if someone's coming on your property and to warn people off. I agree, it doesn't seem realistic to me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member