AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Human trafficking is a reach though eh. I wouldn’t automatically come to that conclusion if god forbid my child went missing..

I figured this theory was coming. It seems to appear in many missing children/adult cases. Many people believe misinformation about human trafficking stats. There’s a mom of a missing hiker from WA who believes her adult daughter was taken by human traffickers, off a mountain, during the day. She’s been missing since 2018. I think it gives her hope she’s alive, but she doesn’t think further into what that would actually mean if true. I think Summer’s dad is grasping because he’s desperate. IMO

This feels like an appropriate time to deliver a friendly WS Mama Bear reminder to everyone. Please remember to be good to yourself and your emotional well-being. Not a single thing will change for this child, good or bad, if you step away from the internet for a little mental balance check. Go outside and looks at something beautiful , take a bubble bath , play with your kids or your pets or whatever it is that keeps you emotionally centered. Force yourself to do it if you have to, but please do it.

(Said with nothing but love for my WS family. )

Thank you for this Mountain Kat. It gets more difficult following a case such as this with each passing hour & day.

I really wish he wouldn't have said where he works. Social Media is crazy right now and there are all sorts of people out for blood. I fear Tucker Drywall is about to get inundated with calls demanding he be fired or "how could you hire someone like that" type calls. I'm not saying Dad is a saint but I don't think he's involved in her disappearance. Put a loss of jobs on top of Summer's disappearance, well you might actually destroy not only a person but an entire family.
I agree. People on social media are vicious and cruel.

I figured this theory was coming. It seems to appear in many missing children/adult cases. Many people believe misinformation about human trafficking stats. There’s a mom of a missing hiker from WA who believes her adult daughter was taken by human traffickers, off a mountain, during the day. She’s been missing since 2018. I think it gives her hope she’s alive, but she doesn’t think further into what that would actually mean if true. I think Summer’s dad is grasping because he’s desperate. IMO

I think it's a common go-to among people who don't closely follow a lot of missing persons cases.

I'm wondering the same
I thought it was interesting that he said to residents please check your property for places where a child could hide. Do they think Summer ran away and might have hidden somewhere? Was she in trouble or scolded before she disappeared? Why else would they think she might have hidden?

Sometimes it's good to not be reading online at all, but to keep searching or helping the volunteers.
Any little thing a person can do to avoid an already bad situation from becoming worse.
If a person is missing it shouldn't matter what strangers are saying, people being what they (sometimes) are.
The priority is Summer and hopefully finding her alive, although it's looking grim. :(
MOO.

I believe he was saying she was trying to find possible clues online to who might have taken her, so it seems she’s also doing her best to search.

As for not being certain as to the circumstances surrounding her disappearance, they may not be nodding towards the family but rather are being totally accurate- until she is located or evidence is found that they don’t have yet, they can’t know for certain what has happened. I’m not reading into it the way some of you guys are jmo

I've seen nearby abandoned cars mentioned. I haven't been able to follow this post by post or even page by page. Does anyone here recall hearing if they have searched all of those cars, including the trunks? Also any abandoned freezer or refrigerators?
I keep wondering this as well. I keep hoping she did not hide somewhere and get stuck or something.

Last edited:
I thought it was interesting that he said to residents please check your property for places where a child could hide. Do they think Summer ran away and might have hidden somewhere? Was she in trouble or scolded before she disappeared? Why else would they think she might have hidden?

Anyplace she could hide someone could also have hidden her.

Sometimes it's good to not be reading online at all, but to keep searching or helping the volunteers.
Any little thing a person can do to avoid an already bad situation from becoming worse.
If a person is missing it shouldn't matter what strangers are saying, people being what they (sometimes) are.
The priority is Summer and hopefully finding her alive, although it's looking grim. :(
MOO.

I don't believe LE would allow the parents to search at this time.

Maybe it shouldn't matter what strangers are saying about you online, but I'm sure it is hurtful.

I took it as not that she might have hidden ... but that she had been hidden. By someone else.

Human trafficking is a reach though eh. I wouldn’t automatically come to that conclusion if god forbid my child went missing..

I have a hard time listening to his interviews because it seems very static-y most of the time. But when I listened to the audio for the one mentioning human trafficking I thought he was listing it along with other abduction possibilities and not focusing on it.

I keep wondering this as well. I keep hoping she is did not hide somewhere and get stuck or something.

She's such a tiny little thing. When I was a kid there was a missing cat in the neighborhood. In my play travels I saw a hole in the side of one of our apartment buildings, the size of two, maybe three, missing bricks. I thought to myself, a cat could fit in that. Went and got a flashlight, and sure enough, cat had wandered into there and the blocked-off area she ended up in was so deep it couldn't make it back up the hole to escape.

I keep wondering this as well. I keep hoping she is did not hide somewhere and get stuck or something.
When I was growing up, due to us growing our own beef, fruit and vegetables, we had two huge chest freezers. My mom kept them locked until we were up pretty big because she was afraid one of us would try to hide in them and get trapped. I seem to remember that type of thing happening enough that there were warnings to parents of young children way back then. It wasn't my first thought in this case, but at this point after the most recent presser, it has entered my mind. I hope they have gone through every bit of stuff on the property that she could have hidden inside or underneath.

I have a hard time listening to his interviews because it seems very static-y most of the time. But when I listened to the audio for the one mentioning human trafficking I thought he was listing it along with other abduction possibilities and not focusing on it.

I agree. I was surprised he would assert that so adamantly as I was seeing him given credit for. When I listened to it for myself, I heard what you heard. I think he is grasping at straws at this point.

I've seen nearby abandoned cars mentioned. I haven't been able to follow this post by post or even page by page. Does anyone here recall hearing if they have searched all of those cars, including the trunks? Also any abandoned freezer or refrigerators?

You want to scream that out to them through the TV, but you know if they found abandoned cars, they would know to check each one, each trunk, any possible place. In addition to freezer and refrigerators, a tiny girl could fall into a top load washing machine or a dryer on its side and maybe not able to get out. Old sheds that have doors that might blow shut. The thing I think about most is the crevice in outcroppings of rock. I can imagine Summer chasing a small creature -- bunny, butterfly, fledgling bird -- into the woods and tumbling down into a crevice. If the undergrowth is as thick as has been mentioned, searchers could easily miss her. And the reply "the family said it is not common for Summer to go off into the woods" is a very different answer to "No, the family said she has never done that before."

Been here for years and years- at this point, there are some cases I know I cannot even look at. If you didn't care, this wouldn't bother you, so give yourself some grace. It's so difficult when the victim is a child.
After Sherin Mathews, Lucas Hernandez, and Gannon Stauch - I usually try to avoid cases with kids. :( Just too hard as a parent myself.

I'm just south of Chattanooga, which is quite a distance from Rogersville, but it looks like the same storm system is headed across Tennessee. The first part of the storms are starting to roll through Chattanooga right now. Lots of crazy wind, thunder, and "sideways" rain. I sooo hope that, wherever Summer is, that she's safe and out of the weather.

When I was growing up, due to us growing our own beef, fruit and vegetables, we had two huge chest freezers. My mom kept them locked until we were up pretty big because she was afraid one of us would try to hide in them and get trapped. I seem to remember that type of thing happening enough that there were warnings to parents of young children way back then. It wasn't my first thought in this case, but at this point after the most recent presser, it has entered my mind. I hope they have gone through every bit of stuff on the property that she could have hidden inside or underneath.

I hope they checked over and over the house and anywhere close she COULD have hidden or gotten stuck. I do think it is more likely than abduction, although I don't rule that out 100% either. I don't remember the case, but I remember there being a case where they were all searching and the ended up finding the child in the truck of a car they were leaning on or close to, or something to that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member