AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
These people need to sue some of them. This kind of thing goes way beyond freedom of speech.

BBM wow that plea is just heart wrenching. I couldn't imagine

This online mob mentality goes on all the time. I've seen this in high profile cases where case is solved. :rolleyes:

All I know is it didn't used to be this way. I must say I'd be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't have a smidge of debris around their front stoop. Just saying.

MOO

Edited because reply post deleted.

Not dismissing this report of DV, but dad has put his timeline out there and up to scrutiny for LE and media. My bigger question is definitely about who was coming around when dad wasn’t there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was interesting that he said to residents please check your property for places where a child could hide. Do they think Summer ran away and might have hidden somewhere? Was she in trouble or scolded before she disappeared? Why else would they think she might have hidden?

Lost children can sometimes hide in fear when strangers' voices are calling out their name.

Mod Note:

The article posted discussing the propensity for physical violence and potential domestic issues between the parents can be discussed. Once it is in MSM it is out there. There is a fine line however that will need balanced:

Stick to the facts in the article. This article and the families history does not change our position on being victim friendly and therefore does not open the door to any sleuthing beyond what is stated in the article.

No trash talking, name calling, or adding accusations.

For myself, I cannot say what I would actually do. But I know when your sympathetic nervous system takes over, you may do or say things you wouldn't expect to do or say. JMO MOO
For someone who's shy or not around people very often, being plastered all over the TV, Internet and newspaper would be horribly intimidating. Then, there are people who have a habit of self-destruction -- old hoof in mouth disease. And sometimes, there are too many skeltons in the closet to let anyone get too close. Or, maybe they don't trust the media. The ones not talking are the two who have already been through one missing person incident. Maybe lesson learned?

Because the things I would like to type…..could get me the boot.

I'm going to try to be very careful in my wording here. My only interest in this particular article is 1. it's concerning to me in terms of the kids living in that household, and 2. obviously, there have been some misrepresentations regarding statements made to the press. This incident didn't occur in the far distant past, it happened in 2020.

And I think that is where I will end my comment.

Not dismissing this report of DV, but dad has put his timeline out there and up to scrutiny for LE and media. My bigger question is definitely about who was coming around when dad wasn’t there.

I agree. Who was the man that dad found at the house and was mad about? o_O Where is he now?

I'm going to try to be very careful in my wording here. My only interest in this particular article is 1. it's concerning to me in terms of the kids living in that household, and 2. obviously, there have been some misrepresentations regarding statements made to the press. This incident didn't occur in the far distant past, it happened in 2020.

Also sticking to the article, it's concerning the father has a propensity towards violence and it's concerning that males are in the house that are apparently out of place.

OK, I deleted my post however now I can post.
This incident happened 10/2020, mother dismissed 4 days later. The father has been nothing but upfront on Summers disappearance, from what I've read here, his alibi is confirmed. According to him, took a lie detector test and Child services have been at the house to help with the boys. I would think if they felt the boys were in danger they would be removed. So if I were to look at anything on this it would be who the man he saw is back in 10/20 at his home. IMO

Given that LE is being so thorough, and that all these other agencies are involved, I'd think there's no way they didn't check car trunks.
I said exactly the same thing when someone worried about whether Cristhian Bahena Rivera had been properly read his rights. I was wrong. Mistakes just slip in even when top agencies are in charge. And I do think LE is doing a good job here.

Freedom of Speech, first amendment
They have a different constitution in Nova Scotia but I agree that freedom of speech will be debated as a defense in courtrooms.
However, in Canada as in the US, I think age old libel laws also could cover this in civil court where the lawsuit is filed seeking monetary awards referenced in my link.
Cyber bullying is also a crime in most US states which paves the way for civil suits even if prosecutors are rarely criminally charging people.
Is Cyberbullying Illegal in Your State?
"Criminal sanction: Almost every state has laws that expressly criminalize electronic forms of harassment. The only states that don’t are Maine, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, and Wyoming."

This incident happened 10/2020, mother dismissed 4 days later. The father has been nothing but upfront on Summers disappearance, from what I've read here, his alibi is confirmed. According to him, took a lie detector test and Child services have been at the house to help with the boys. I would think if they felt the boys were in danger they would be removed. So if I were to look at anything on this it would be who the man he saw is back in 10/20 at his home. IMO

Would the name of the man seen at the house on 10/20 be included in the police report?

However remember there are still conflicting reports of how and when she went missing….just putting it out there.

Given that LE is being so thorough, and that all these other agencies are involved, I'd think there's no way they didn't check car trunks.
I recall a case a few years ago where a missing child was found deceased in a trunk of a vehicle and the police said they already checked it. I sadly don't recall the name. IMO

I agree. This is report is super recent. The calm, religious father we are trying hard to sympathize with wasn't so calm 8-9mths ago. <modsnip>

I am just playing devil's advocate as I don't know what happened.

Plenty of women dismiss charges. All the time.

He says he took a lie detector, so did Leticia Stauch for example. CPS at the house right now is strange to me, not reassuring.

CPS can miss a lot and it happens frequently.

I also think the company kept is extremely concerning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blackburne