Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #62 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it will go away completely, but it won’t be anywhere near as important to us as it is right now.

The vast majority of our questions will be answered over those days in August, but it’s always nice to have the actual document to refer to, for our purposes anyway.

I do fully expect a redacted version to be released at some point following those proceedings, along with some of the search warrants.

We will need the AA (unredacted of course) and the warrants to chew on all through the trial. This is Websleuths after all. :D

I think the desire to see the content of the AA might just fade away after the Preliminary Hearing.

At the Preliminary Hearing it should become obvious why BM was arrested.

Me too.

And the redactions will be almost automatic and uncontroversial (the two sides will not sulk around in front of the Judge, having already agreed).

OTOH, those two lady lawyers who are defending Barry have their hands full. Given that somehow, LE has managed to amass 129 pages against Barry, it's super unlikely they can get even 1/5th of it redacted. Media will sue - again.

Because...we have a right to know what our police are up to, and what they are claiming. If the Judge manages to delay all this until after trial - okay. I guess. But srsly, everyone who is following this case needs to think hard about the fact that LE was able to swear to 129 pages of facts that show Barry Morphew killed his wife. On or about May 10.

Me too.

And the redactions will be almost automatic and uncontroversial (the two sides will not sulk around in front of the Judge, having already agreed).

OTOH, those two lady lawyers who are defending Barry have their hands full. Given that somehow, LE has managed to amass 129 pages against Barry, it's super unlikely they can get even 1/5th of it redacted. Media will sue - again.

Because...we have a right to know what our police are up to, and what they are claiming. If the Judge manages to delay all this until after trial - okay. I guess. But srsly, everyone who is following this case needs to think hard about the fact that LE was able to swear to 129 pages of facts that show Barry Morphew killed his wife. On or about May 10.

I just can’t wait to read Barry’s statements, which apparently comprise a great deal of this AA.

I find it hilarious just to hear him speak in general, but to read his answers to direct questions is going to be something else.

The landscaper buried himself, I have absolutely no doubt.

I just can’t wait to read Barry’s statements, which apparently comprise a great deal of this AA.

I find it hilarious just to hear him speak in general, but to read his answers to direct questions is going to be something else.

The landscaper buried himself, I have absolutely no doubt.
"The landscaper buried himself" ROFL

When we look at the Order to Limit Public Access to the AA, there is already a good chunk redacted there. (Pg 3)

The redacted section apparently covering an 'inexhaustive list' of the type of information for which the court has admissibility concerns, and finds irrelevant to showing probable cause.

Perhaps we will learn some of the content of this list, perhaps not.

https://coloradofoic.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/21CR78-Order-Limit-Public-Redacted.pdf

One puzzle piece I look forward to for clarification is who arranged the daughters' trip. Considering that travel was extremely limited at that time, in addition to the MD weekend, that trip has always seemed off. If evidence exists that BM arranged the trip, the circumstances may go far to indicate premeditation.

I think the desire to see the content of the AA might just fade away after the Preliminary Hearing.

At the Preliminary Hearing it should become obvious why BM was arrested.

Me too.

And the redactions will be almost automatic and uncontroversial. Hopefully.

We will need the AA (unredacted of course) and the warrants to chew on all through the trial. This is Websleuths after all. :D

I wonder if we'll ever see a completely unredacted AA. The redaction in the Judge's current order drives me nuts.

If the Judge continues on his mission to "protect the daughters," there may be lots of redactions and then attempts to corral the evidence to what is absolutely uncontroversial (I don't think that will end well for the judge, personally).

I wonder if we'll ever see a completely unredacted AA. The redaction in the Judge's current order drives me nuts.

If the Judge continues on his mission to "protect the daughters," there may be lots of redactions and then attempts to corral the evidence to what is absolutely uncontroversial (I don't think that will end well for the judge, personally).
[/QUOTE]

Well we are talking about Colorado after all. I would love to see all States have the Sunshine law that Florida has.

As far as the Judge’s concern for the daughters, they are grown now and in my opinion, they have been victimized by Barry for the past year.

I would like to see and hear all the evidence.

ETA: I was answering the quote from 10of Rods. I’m not sure why it shows my name and avatar. Guess I pressed a wrong key or something.

I believe according to CO law, it could be sealed indefinitely.

I honestly believe the biggest consideration in sealing the AA is that Chaffee County, CO has less than 20,000 people. Jury selection will be tough enough as is and the defense is already laying the ground work to appeal based on the venue.
Defense may make a motion to change the venue. And it’s conceivable it could be moved closer to Denver. IMO.

Me too.

And the redactions will be almost automatic and uncontroversial. Hopefully.

Everything will come out sooner or later. The judge did the right thing IMO even though I, like everyone, want to see the AA. In the long run, given it’s length and specificity, it was prudent to hold off for now to limit the possibility of a challenge later. There is no rush actually. Despite our desire to see the info NOW. Patience. Only a couple months in the grand scheme of things is ok.

One puzzle piece I look forward to for clarification is who arranged the daughters' trip. Considering that travel was extremely limited at that time, in addition to the MD weekend, that trip has always seemed off. If evidence exists that BM arranged the trip, the circumstances may go far to indicate premeditation.
I think it was a normal camp out that happens all the time where the older went to college even during covid…lotsa open space in Colorado. Lotsa camp outs on weekends and between semesters. And many kids stayed in their off campus apartments in 2020. I think Barry and Suzanne let the younger join her sister and whoever else was camping out. Not everything is going to be suspicious that “sleuths” have speculated about.

Eh I’m not sure that a venue change would be beneficial in any way. For some reason, it has not seemed as if the citizens of Chaffee County are overly interested in the case.
Yes agree. I have been in Salida post arrest and people I talked to were more curious if Barry actually killed Suzanne but they weren’t really “into” the details. I am sure there are some people that are deep into this case but I think it is the exception not the norm in the area. I would not think there is any benefit to moving it. It also becomes more of a hardship for the prosecution and defense team especially if it becomes a long trial. But I am just guessing like everyone.

I think it was a normal camp out that happens all the time where the older went to college even during covid…lotsa open space in Colorado. Lotsa camp outs on weekends and between semesters. And many kids stayed in their off campus apartments in 2020. I think Barry and Suzanne let the younger join her sister and whoever else was camping out. Not everything is going to be suspicious that “sleuths” have speculated about.
But to travel all the way to Idaho for a camp out weekend? During Covid?

You are absolutely not the only one who noticed that the surnames are related (Irish and English versions of the same older name, IMO).

And I totally get the points that everyone is making about sealing/unsealing the AA - just because someone says they understand why the judge did it, doesn't mean we think it was a good idea.

Looks to be a complex issue for Colorado, first of all. I was surprised to hear about how restrictive judges have tried to be in CO about AA's and how many times their own Supreme Court overturned a lower judge's order.

BTW, I think you are quite right about how the Judge left most of us feeling (that the AA shows Barry as guilty and as a monster, with pages of detail to support that). IOW, the Judge himself has now telegraphed that whatever is in the AA is really disturbing. If on top of that, the two daughters are themselves witnesses named in the AA (thereby contributing to their father's arrest), it's an awful situation.

This is a kinder, gentler justice system than what I've observed personally, and I seriously don't think that every criminal defendant's family gets this same consideration in Colorado. However, I think it may backfire on Judge Murphy, in that he's now made everyone very curious about what it says and basically insinuated that Barry is a monster.
YES, THIS.

Innocent or not, it’s suspicious in the sense that the very weekend the daughters were away, Barry murdered his wife.

It’s possible it was a coincidence, and that an empty house allowed for a conversation regarding the future of their marriage, which resulted in a murder plot that came together quickly.

It’s also possible that Barry encouraged this getaway, so he could kill his wife that Mother’s Day weekend.

We just don’t know.

Good point. ^^^
No, it shouldn't.

However, from their viewpoint, it might be horrible.
Some young adults are still supported by parents or family and to become independent is all the more difficult if circumstances change.
MOO.
I have a feeling that if it comes to legal defense expense versus supporting the girls, they will be left in the dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288