Still Missing MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the update @Ozoner - I guess the courts are working on Saturdays now!

Under today's date (6/3/2020), the Court Explorer site says:
"PRE-TRIAL HELD"
and
"DATE SET FOR PRETRIAL ON 06112021 10 00 AM Y 14"

How many of pre-trial hearings are typical in a case like this? Do they have much significance?
A lot. There are hearings and conferences about expert witnesses, discovery, various motions, depositions and so on.

Friday, June 11th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 10am ET) - MI - Danielle “Dani” Stislicki (28) (Dec. 2, 2016, Southfield, not found) - *Floyd Russell Galloway, Jr. (30/now 32) charged (9/11/19) & indicted (3/4/19) & arraigned (3/6/19) & re arraigned (9/19/19) with 1st degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. Bond denied-Held without bond.
Trial set to begin on 10/12/21.
Information & court hearings from 11/21/17 thru 3/18/21 reference post #779 here:
Still Missing - MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #15 *ARREST*

5/28/21 Update: Next pretrial hearing on 6/3/21. 6/3/21 Update: Hearing was held. Next pretrial hearing on 6/11/21.

Date Code Desc.
06/11/2021 ORD ORDER FILED RE DISCLOSURE OF DOCUMENTS/PROTECTIVE Order Document
06/11/2021 ORD ORDER FILED PROTECTIVE RE DISCLOSURE OF DOCS Order Document
06/11/2021 OTH ZOOM ATTENDANCE
06/11/2021 OTH GALLOWAY ATTENDANCE - WAIVED
06/11/2021 OTH HEARING HELD

06/08/2021 MPS MIFILE PROOF OF SERVICE FILED Order Document

06/03/2021 PTH PRE-TRIAL HELD
06/03/2021 APR DATE SET FOR PRETRIAL ON 06112021 10 00 AM Y 14

link: Court Explorer

I looked at the 5 people I had for tweeter for this case - and not one of them covered the hearing....
I'll keep an eye out for the next hearing date.

Date Code Desc.
06/11/2021 ORD ORDER FILED RE DISCLOSURE OF DOCUMENTS/PROTECTIVE Order Document
06/11/2021 ORD ORDER FILED PROTECTIVE RE DISCLOSURE OF DOCS Order Document
06/11/2021 OTH ZOOM ATTENDANCE
06/11/2021 OTH GALLOWAY ATTENDANCE - WAIVED
06/11/2021 OTH HEARING HELD

06/08/2021 MPS MIFILE PROOF OF SERVICE FILED Order Document

06/03/2021 PTH PRE-TRIAL HELD
06/03/2021 APR DATE SET FOR PRETRIAL ON 06112021 10 00 AM Y 14

link: Court Explorer

I looked at the 5 people I had for tweeter for this case - and not one of them covered the hearing....
I'll keep an eye out for the next hearing date.

This is really sad that no ones mentioning this trial anymore except here. I’ve searched everywhere and can’t find any updates.

This is really sad that no ones mentioning this trial anymore except here. I’ve searched everywhere and can’t find any updates.
Agreed. It had seemed to me that the Stislicki family has a decent relationship with a few reporters who were dedicated to telling Dani's story. I was hoping someone might stay on top of it and share updates. I am sure there will be more coverage when the trial actually starts.

bocal.gif
up for Danielle!

Anyone find anything recent? Looked in the court site - and only has the 6/11/21 stuff on it - nothing more. I look it up about every other day....

Agreed. It had seemed to me that the Stislicki family has a decent relationship with a few reporters who were dedicated to telling Dani's story. I was hoping someone might stay on top of it and share updates. I am sure there will be more coverage when the trial actually starts.

My go-to station for local news is WDIV, Channel 4, Detroit. WDIV anchor, Karen Drew, interviewed Danielle's parents, sisters, grandmother, and friends of Dani on several occasions. I'm sure that Ms. Drew will be on the case as the trial date approaches. In the meantime, if someone wishes to contact Karen Drew, here is WDIV email contact information: Contact Us | ClickOnDetroit | WDIV Local 4 Also, Karen Drew is part of Channel 4's "Defenders" team who specifically investigate local crimes. Inquiries can be directed here: Defenders | ClickOnDetroit | WDIV Local 4

I appreciate Niner's frequent court updates. I used to check the Oakland County Court Explorer almost daily but lost interest in the case during the pandemic. There was enough doom and gloom without focusing on crimes and trials. I'll probably be interested again when the trial starts. I live in Oakland County but would not want to serve on the jury for FG's trial. I'll consider attending a day or two of the trial if space is available.

@BetteDavisEyes - oh good - nice to hear you will be attending the trial - our own "reporter" in court! :)

I will definitely look into attending the trial. I think it will be held in the Oakland County Courthouse in Pontiac that is about 20 minutes away and in a very busy traffic area. I wouldn't drive there alone and will have to recruit DH to come with me. There are dozen of courtrooms within the facility, and I don't know how many guests will be permitted in the gallery during trial. When I served on a jury some years ago, the courtroom was quite small with only a couple of pews for spectators. It was a civil trial that didn't seem to generate much interest other than some law students. I think that there will be many local journalists who will want to attend the trial, and I suspect there might be a lot of interested civilians, as well.

Monday, July 26th:
*Status Conference Hearing (@ 8:30am ET) - MI - Danielle “Dani” Stislicki (28) (Dec. 2, 2016, Southfield, not found) - *Floyd Russell Galloway, Jr. (30/now 32) charged (9/11/19) & indicted (3/4/19) & arraigned (3/6/19) & re arraigned (9/19/19) with 1st degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. Bond denied-Held without bond.
Trial set to begin on 10/12/21.
Information & court hearings from 11/21/17 thru 3/18/21 reference post #779 here:
Still Missing - MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #15 *ARREST*

5/28/21 Update: Next pretrial hearing on 6/3/21. 6/3/21 Update: Hearing was held. Next pretrial hearing on 6/11/21. 6/11/21 Update: Hearing was held via Zoom. Galloway's attendance-waived. Order filed Protective re disclosure of documents. Order filed re disclosure of documents/protective. Next status conference hearing on 7/26/21. 7/21/21 Update: Order filed re media coverage.

Haven't they had enough time to get ready??!!

Danielle Stislicki's murder trial pushed back to 2022

July 27, 2021

Danielle Stislicki’s family must bear another annual passing of her disappearance without the resolution of a trial.

Oakland County Circuit Judge Phyllis McMillen pushed back the trial to early 2022 after defense attorney Ellen Michaels relayed that she needed more time to pursue materials that could help her defend Floyd Galloway.

She told McMillen during a July 26 hearing that she has been seeking possibly pertinent emails from the City of Farmington Hills case through the Freedom of Information Act.
[.....]
McMillen advised Michaels to tighten her FOIA request or perhaps file a FOIA suit. But she granted Michael’s request for more time to prepare for the high-profile murder trial concerning a body that has not been found.
[.....]
On July 26, McMillen canceled the Oct. 12 trial and said the next possible dates are in 2022. Next year’s docket is not yet available, and no decisions were made.

McMillen scheduled a pretrial conference for Nov. 15.

Prosecuting attorney Danielle Russo Bennetts said she’s worried about the delays and possibility of even more delays if Michaels pursues an appeal regarding motions still to be decided.

July 27, 2021

Danielle Stislicki’s family must bear another annual passing of her disappearance without the resolution of a trial.

Oakland County Circuit Judge Phyllis McMillen pushed back the trial to early 2022 after defense attorney Ellen Michaels relayed that she needed more time to pursue materials that could help her defend Floyd Galloway.

She told McMillen during a July 26 hearing that she has been seeking possibly pertinent emails from the City of Farmington Hills case through the Freedom of Information Act.
[.....]
McMillen advised Michaels to tighten her FOIA request or perhaps file a FOIA suit. But she granted Michael’s request for more time to prepare for the high-profile murder trial concerning a body that has not been found.
[.....]
On July 26, McMillen canceled the Oct. 12 trial and said the next possible dates are in 2022. Next year’s docket is not yet available, and no decisions were made.

Prosecuting attorney Danielle Russo Bennetts said she’s worried about the delays and possibility of even more delays if Michaels pursues an appeal regarding motions still to be decided.

Heartbreaking and so so unfair!!

July 27, 2021

[.....]
[.....]

Unbelievable :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member