AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO hope they used blood hounds that first day.
Yes, they did. At the beginning they had 4 k-9 units out, per the first press conference. LE has also used other dogs:

Officials said canine teams specializing in air scent, trailing/tracking and cadaver dogs are all being used in the search efforts.
Timeline of Summer Wells case

Thinking of DW’s first interview, he’s so sure she’s been abducted and taken out of the area. There is no question in his mind. He knew right away, Summer wasn’t in them woods. How did he know that ? What made him think she’s out of the area?
My question is was Summer allowed on the internet? Did she have an iPad which many kids do today. It’s not like a predator would say I’ll pick you up at 6:30 to a child that can’t tell time. However one could say meet me at the end of the driveway if she was on line with him and he was closer. Far fetched but trying to think how it could even happen. One other thing is if it’s someone very close to the family. Close enough that if he was caught on the property it wouldn’t alarm anyone. I just don’t see a stranger sneaking on the property.
No, a child that age would not be able to meet at a time BUT, in one of the first interviews it was said that she abruptly wanted to go inside. Maybe someone was on the property that mom and grandma didn’t see but they alerted her somehow? Just grasping here. All MOO

Thinking of DW’s first interview, he’s so sure she’s been abducted and taken out of the area. There is no question in his mind. He knew right away, Summer wasn’t in them woods. How did he know that ? What made him think she’s out of the area?
My question is was Summer allowed on the internet? Did she have an iPad which many kids do today. It’s not like a predator would say I’ll pick you up at 6:30 to a child that can’t tell time. However one could say meet me at the end of the driveway if she was on line with him and he was closer. Far fetched but trying to think how it could even happen. One other thing is if it’s someone very close to the family. Close enough that if he was caught on the property it wouldn’t alarm anyone. I just don’t see a stranger sneaking on the property.
exactly

Agreed. And, DW stated (I believe in his first MSM interview) that Summer would not leave that hill. I am inclined to believe him.

LE has not ruled out an abduction.

I've hiked many an Appalachian woods. You ain't going far in late spring, early summer, barefoot, in the woods. Greenbriar is nasty, multiflora rose is real nasty, aforementioned black flies, not to mention what's under foot, could be soft leaves, but more than likely all sorts of rock, branches, twigs, logs laying about, maybe some trash heaps, busted glass, cans, shotgun shells, strands of barbed wire, and who knows what all. Just having exposed legs walking through thickets, maybe blueberries, or whatever's growing, skunk cabbage, nettles, you name it, it'd tear you up. I'd never go barefoot or wear shorts walking in untamed wild woods. It would just tear you up. Sure, there's some clear stands of mature pines or spruce, or maybe even some hardwoods. But it'd just be a bad day to have to walk it barefoot, with exposed legs, and no deet.

Anyway, I think there was an abduction of sorts, yes indeed. I saw a dog in one of those house pictures, I guess if they did have a dog, that dog could have just hung out and not bothered with her walking down the driveway. But just as well, a dog could have caused a ruckus if a stranger was about. But maybe not bother if it was somebody familiar.

Anyway, thanks for your post, I thought it was a good one, nice to hear from somebody rather local.

I wonder if their mail is delivered to the end of their drive. If so I hope LE interviewed the mail person. I'm sure if they feel they saw something they would have spoken up, but what if they didn't realize they saw something important. I know it's a long shot, but I got nothing. I'm completely lost regarding what probably happened.

Yes, they did. At the beginning they had 4 k-9 units out, per the first press conference. LE has also used other dogs:

Officials said canine teams specializing in air scent, trailing/tracking and cadaver dogs are all being used in the search efforts.
Timeline of Summer Wells case
I would like to know did they pick up any scent in the woods? Is that why they keep looking? I mean if there is no scent of her going in there. I realize she may have been taken in but you would think her scent would have been easy to follow early on.

That reminds me: DW also said he believed Summer was abducted due to someone tracking her on social media.

Wells said he believes she may have been taken by human traffickers who became aware of her on social media.
Summer Wells' father believes she may have been taken by human traffickers

I don't quite understand that. I don't understand his mindset.

It must be very difficult for the Dad to keep his composure - in most cases everyone is pointing their finger to the parents ! He wasn’t even home when the Girl went missing! Let’s dig a little deeper and check on the crime happen this year in the area!
<modsnip - no link>
Her Dad said she would never run out alone
All my opinions! Please God bring her home!
bbm
Of course, I'm sure everyone is still hoping for a good outcome.
How I wish she was ok -- but by this time she'd have had to be hidden by someone and I don't think it's likely.

Also not likely that she's survived this long on her own.
5 years old is pretty fragile to survive in the elements.

LE have not emphasized an abduction, as in -- "be on the lookout".
Not that they've ruled it out.
They just seem to be searching in very specific areas, as if following a guide of some sort.
More than that I'll not say, but based on past cases, LE's actions speak louder than their words.
MOO.

Last edited:
That reminds me: DW also said he believed Summer was abducted due to someone tracking her on social media.

Wells said he believes she may have been taken by human traffickers who became aware of her on social media.

Agreed.
And anything posted on SM wouldn't have been uploaded by Summer herself.
Maybe in some cases, a teen or even a tween ?
Not a five yr. old.
Imo.

Our dog was a German Shepherd who did herd the kids. If only I could have taught him to retrieve shoes!! But he only barked at people in uniforms (UPS etc) and suits (like the preacher lol)
He wouldn't let them on the porch. Hackles up, teeth bared. Looked scary.

Different breeds behave differently. My grandad's coon dogs always laid near his lawn chair no matter what.

Last edited:
I believe so, yes. I just realized he said she watched not walked her to the door. I made a mistake but still, I find that strange unless he meant she casually saw her go as opposed to making a point to watch. I think it matters because it was a bit early to be concerned about what others thought of their supervision at that time. If she emphasized to him that she was watching to make sure Summer went in it could be why he made a point to say that, in that case, why was it so important to emphasize?

MOO
What I think, DW kept asking "Are you sure she went inside?
Moms response, "Yes I'm sure, I watched her walk into the house or I watched her go inside!"

The 2 minute thing, I think we all can agree on was said maybe bc she felt it hadn't been THAT long, when in actuality, it could have been WAY longer....
But IF she did go in that soon to look for Summer, did she hear something that spooked her to make her check on Summer?

I need to regroup here. <modsnip>
Summer was last seen 6/15 around 5pm? Mom/grandma were planting flowers. Mom goes in to check on the kids/Summer and she is missing through the basement door. Sibling is the last one reported as seeing her. Dad was at work which was verified. ( do we know that or was it Dad that said that? ) Both parents ( according to them took a LDT and passed, I don't take that as 100% since I'm not sure LE would say they passed) The family is still living in the home. No tape or closed off areas means to me they didn't find anything there. Parents have a history of issues but not related to Summer as of yet. What the heck are we missing? Dad said she wouldn't leave the property. I give that 50%. I know 1st hand kids do stuff that you would never think they would. So if she's in the woods, TOO LONG. If she were taken BY WHO? LE isn't talking at all. What are we not seeing? IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I've hiked many an Appalachian woods. You ain't going far in late spring, early summer, barefoot, in the woods. Greenbriar is nasty, multiflora rose is real nasty, aforementioned black flies, not to mention what's under foot, could be soft leaves, but more than likely all sorts of rock, branches, twigs, logs laying about, maybe some trash heaps, busted glass, cans, shotgun shells, strands of barbed wire, and who knows what all. Just having exposed legs walking through thickets, maybe blueberries, or whatever's growing, skunk cabbage, nettles, you name it, it'd tear you up. I'd never go barefoot or wear shorts walking in untamed wild woods. It would just tear you up. Sure, there's some clear stands of mature pines or spruce, or maybe even some hardwoods. But it'd just be a bad day to have to walk it barefoot, with exposed legs, and no deet.

Anyway, I think there was an abduction of sorts, yes indeed. I saw a dog in one of those house pictures, I guess if they did have a dog, that dog could have just hung out and not bothered with her walking down the driveway. But just as well, a dog could have caused a ruckus if a stranger was about. But maybe not bother if it was somebody familiar.

Anyway, thanks for your post, I thought it was a good one, nice to hear from somebody rather local.

YES! I go barefoot as often as I can but there's no way I'm leaving shoes behind on a hike through these mountains. Maybe on a four wheeler path or a heavily traveled game trail but not through the untouched parts of the woods. You simply wouldn't get far, I don't care how tough your feet are.

LE said search teams have covered (something like a one to two mile radius). I can't imagine her traveling that far with bare feet. Even if she had shoes on, she was wearing shorts. And, as you mentioned, the undergrowth is no picnic. It will grab a hold of your skin with every step.

Good to hear a familiar perspective on the terrain!

Agreed.
Not a five yr. old.
Imo.
Who would even see any pics or videos of Summer apart from her mom's social media friends? It's not like she's some web celebrity - no disrespect intended.

Agreed.
Not a five yr. old.
Imo.

I’m sure that CARD has a good handle on anything that might be floating around on the dark web that could be related to an active missing child case. I’m speaking of missing children in general, of course.

MOO

I'm admittedly grasping for straws in hopes that Summer's alive and well, but ...

Have there ever been any cases where a child was taken by a well-intentioned person who felt they could give the child a "better" (in their opinion) life?

Yeah, I'm guessing "probably not", but I want so badly to remain hopeful that she's okay.

I don’t buy that a trafficking ring targeted her from social media but I could see a sicko individual becoming obsessed with her, there certainly were lots of public videos and pictures of her before her disappearance. Location wouldn’t have been difficult to figure out. Actually implementing an abduction would be trickier (hanging out waiting for an opportunity would be obvious — and incredibly hot).

To start saying it immediately is very odd though. He claims she would never wander off so I assume that’s the reason for his mindset.

jmo

MOO
What I think, DW kept asking "Are you sure she went inside?
Moms response, "Yes I'm sure, I watched her walk into the house or I watched her go inside!"

The 2 minute thing, I think we all can agree on was said maybe bc she felt it hadn't been THAT long, when in actuality, it could have been WAY longer....
But IF she did go in that soon to look for Summer, did she hear something that spooked her to make her check on Summer?

I recall when my children were young I would get a feeling, or sudden urge, to go check on them. I could have just tucked them in and laid down when it would hit. And I had to, right then, even if I told myself they’re okay. So, maybe her checking two minutes later would be due to something like this, or maybe I just read too many crime boards back then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member