GUILTY NY - Queens, WhtMale 50-90, UP57120, buried since 1970s, found Mar'19 - George Seitz *Arrest in 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Mrs. Badcrumble

The North remembers
Reaction score
Couldn't find an existing thread for this case, so here we go! The skeletal remains are believed to be 40-50 y/o, and because of the circumstances in which they were recovered, LE are investigating this as a homicide.

New York Police Department investigators recovered skeletal remains that are believed to be related to a 40-year-old cold case after a woman reported that she witnessed a body being cut up and buried in her backyard when she was 11 years old.
Bones in Queens Backyard May Be Linked to 40-year-old Unreported Murder

Acting on a tip from a woman who recalled a childhood memory about a body being buried four decades ago in a backyard of a home on 115th Street, police on Tuesday discovered a partial human skeleton buried in black plastic bags.

In a briefing, NYPD Chief of Detectives Dermot Shea said police brought in cadaver dogs that hit on remains at the exact spot where the woman remembered the body had been buried.

“The murder allegedly took place at a location, possibly connected to a barber shop in Queens we have not been able to locate,” Shea said.
Police believe remains found in Queens are from homicide

Police: Human Remains Related To Decades-Old Investigation Found In Queens Backyard

Human remains found in Queens

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6804019/Police-human-remains-1970s-Queens-home.html

-------------------------

Hoping for a speedy resolution in this case. Someone out there has been waiting for answers for 40-50 years, and I can already think of a ton of MPs, especially missing women and girls, who fits the time frame and location.

I wonder if the killer is still alive and if he's been shaking in his boots all these years in fear of the victim being found. Evidently the house had quite a number of tenants over the years.

Such amazing work done by the cadaver dogs.

Couldn't find an existing thread for this case, so here we go! The skeletal remains are believed to be 40-50 y/o, and because of the circumstances in which they were recovered, LE are investigating this as a homicide.

Bones in Queens Backyard May Be Linked to 40-year-old Unreported Murder

From the link: "A senior NYPD official told The Daily Beast that police received a call Monday from a yet-unidentified woman who witnessed her mother’s then-boyfriend cut up and bury someone in the backyard where she lived in the 1970s, when she was a child. On the night in question, she said she observed her mother’s boyfriend cleaning up blood with a mop and bleach at the barber shop where he worked. Early the next morning, she woke up to the a noise in the backyard and went outside to find her mother’s boyfriend chopping up someone with a machete and putting the body parts into bags. "

What a traumatic experience for the child! Imagine carrying that memory for so many years, no doubt with fear that her own life could be in danger. Awful, awful!

Still trying to map locations and get further info but this all seemed to be going on in the area at the time. I would think this would be on the radar but who knows. Sounds like it could have been a source of any number of bodies and dismemberment common.

"For Men Only"
Krugman owned a popular two-story storefront popular and heavily advertised male hair salon and wig shop located beside the Engine 291, Battalion 45 fire station located at 56-07 Metropolitan Avenue in Ridgewood, Queens called "For Men Only", which was situated several blocks from The Suite. It served as a "drop", a collection place for betting slips and money.

Finally Burke met Krugman at Asaro's place and Krugman was allegedly killed there. The body was dismembered and disposed of at Asaro's company (currently Bruno's Construction & Fences located at 14550 Rockaway Boulevard) in Jamaica, Queens.

Martin Krugman

I wonder if the killer is still alive and if he's been shaking in his boots all these years in fear of the victim being found. Evidently the house had quite a number of tenants over the years.

Such amazing work done by the cadaver dogs.

In one article I read some time ago it was stated that mum of witness is still alive. And apparently the man who has done it is believed to be still alive too.

Witness who was 11 at that time, is now 50 year old woman.

Interesting!
Gaetano Richard Vallese – The Charley Project
"He was reported missing by his estranged wife after he didn't come to pick up their daughters as scheduled. Nothing was missing from his home, and his blue 1977 Chevrolet was found at his home on Smithtown Road in Fishkill, New York on May 23.

Vallese may have been involved in organized crime in New York City in 1979. Authorities would like to talk to Teddy Cohen, an associate of his from the Bronx. They've never been able to locate Cohen and believe the name could be an alias.

Authorities stated they could find no evidence of foul play in Vallese's disappearance and it's possible he went into hiding, possibly in a witness protection program. His case remains unsolved.
Gaetano Richard Vallese

• gaetano_richard_vallese_1.jpg
  • gaetano_richard_vallese_2.jpg

When I click on the NamUs link, I am just getting "pending changes". Is it just my old ipad, or might you be right about this man being the victim? Another article about this missing man reads:
According to www.charleyproject.org , investigators had been hoping to talk to an “associate” of Vallese’s named "Teddy Cohen." Police have been unable to locate Cohen, and it may be possible that the name is an alias, www.charleyproject.orgsaid.

Last edited:
Maybe it is because I linked the profile, but it isn't showing up as "pending charges" for me?

I looked into him a bit more, and considering his possible connection to the crime boss scene, they may have had him off'd in Queens. Teddy Cohen sounds like a really strong candidate for being an alias considering how hush-hush the "business" is.

Possible heart and lung tissue after all these years, wow. That part must have been well preserved. DNA would be awesome to not only give his family peace but to hold those accountable for their crime. It does make me wonder if the perps DNA is found, if this will not be his only crime. This victim could be the missing key to a lot of unsolved crimes.

Interesting!
Gaetano Richard Vallese – The Charley Project
"He was reported missing by his estranged wife after he didn't come to pick up their daughters as scheduled. Nothing was missing from his home, and his blue 1977 Chevrolet was found at his home on Smithtown Road in Fishkill, New York on May 23.

Vallese may have been involved in organized crime in New York City in 1979. Authorities would like to talk to Teddy Cohen, an associate of his from the Bronx. They've never been able to locate Cohen and believe the name could be an alias.

Authorities stated they could find no evidence of foul play in Vallese's disappearance and it's possible he went into hiding, possibly in a witness protection program. His case remains unsolved.
Gaetano Richard Vallese

• gaetano_richard_vallese_1.jpg
  • gaetano_richard_vallese_2.jpg

Fishkill NY to Richmond Hill, Queens is roughly an hour, fairly direct route: Google Maps

Bumping Backyard Doe, who's just been added to NamUs:

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
#UP57120
Male, Uncertain
Date Found: March 12, 2019
Location Found: Queens, New York
Estimated Age Range: 50-90 Years

Case Information

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number: --
ME/C Case Number: Q19-06427

Demographics
Sex: Male
Race / Ethnicity: Uncertain
Possible First Name: --
Possible Middle Name: --
Possible Last Name: --
Possible Nickname: --

Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 90
Estimated Age Range (Years): 50-90
Estimated Year of Death: 1970-1980
Estimated PMI: --

Height: Cannot Estimate
Weight: Cannot Estimate

Circumstances
Type: Unidentified Deceased
NamUs Case Created: May 6, 2019
ME/C QA Reviewed: --

Location Found Map
General Location: -- Queens, New York 11418
County: Queens County
GPS Coordinates: --

Circumstances of Recovery
Unidentified individual found buried in the backyard of a private residence in Queens. Individual has likely been buried there since the 1970s.

Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains: --
Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues

Physical Description
Hair Color: Unknown or Completely Bald
Head Hair: Description --
Body Hair: Description --
Facial Hair: Description --

Left Eye Color: Unknown or Missing
Right Eye Color: Unknown or Missing
Eye Description: --

Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered

Nicholas James Maschuci
Date of Last Contact: September 18, 1974
Missing From: Kearny, New Jersey
Missing Age: 60 Years
Height: 5' 8" - 5' 9" (68 - 69 Inches)
Weight: 210 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Circumstances of Disappearance: Nicholas Left his home on Sept 18 1974 for a business meeting to Brooklyn Never to be seen again. Wearing Gray Pants White Shirt polyester Ribbed with Gold Zipper in front had wide Collar, White 1/2 Patent leather boots Gold Bifocals Glasses. Mr Maschuci had A glass eye. He wore a 4 Kt diamond pinky ring white gold /white gold watch with black face and white gold tear drop at the 12:00 hand similar to a Movado. Wore a Blessed Mother Medal around his neck in Silver.

Original
Original

Given the amount of jewelry he wore and the fact that the second picture is a mugshot, I'm guessing his "business meeting" was probably not in a traditional field.

Edit: Here's a podcast about this case:
Nicholas Maschuci: Close To Home from UnFound--A Missing Persons Program

Bumping Backyard Doe, who's just been added to NamUs:

#UP57120
Male, Uncertain
Location Found: Queens, New York
Estimated Age Range: 50-90 Years

Case Information

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number: --
ME/C Case Number: Q19-06427

Demographics
Sex: Male
Race / Ethnicity: Uncertain
Possible First Name: --
Possible Middle Name: --
Possible Last Name: --
Possible Nickname: --

Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 90
Estimated Age Range (Years): 50-90
Estimated Year of Death: 1970-1980
Estimated PMI: --

Height: Cannot Estimate
Weight: Cannot Estimate

Circumstances
Type: Unidentified Deceased
NamUs Case Created: May 6, 2019
ME/C QA Reviewed: --

Location Found Map
General Location: -- Queens, New York 11418
County: Queens County
GPS Coordinates: --

Circumstances of Recovery
Unidentified individual found buried in the backyard of a private residence in Queens. Individual has likely been buried there since the 1970s.

Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains: --
Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues

Physical Description
Hair Color: Unknown or Completely Bald
Head Hair: Description --
Body Hair: Description --
Facial Hair: Description --

Left Eye Color: Unknown or Missing
Right Eye Color: Unknown or Missing
Eye Description: --

Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered
No major updates as far as I can see, but Backyard Doe's race/ethnicity has been changed to "multiple" and "White / Caucasian, Hispanic / Latino".

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virii98
Back