Found Deceased CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *father arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've learned quite a bit during the trial so far, and while I believe 100% that Mark is guilty, the testimony and evidence presented so far are not quite as convincing yet. Here's what has been new/interesting/surprising to me:

- Like others, I had assumed that Dylan had not confronted his dad about the diaper photos until that night at his house, and it was Dylan mentioning and/or sharing the photos with his dad set his dad into a rage, killing him in the process. It's been revealed that Mark was confronted with the photos many months before and had spent time alone with Dylan on a road trip months earlier, with Mark, Dylan, and Corey all having full knowledge of the photos. This kind of deflates the theory that Mark was surprised by Dylan mentioning the photos and becoming instantly outraged at it.

- The blood evidence is one of the strongest pieces of physical evidence against Mark, and that evidence seems not as strong now. Corey admits he (Corey) bled in the house, Dylan's friends said he often scraped himself playing sports (like diving for the football in the street), and the amount of blood found in the house sounds like it's just a few small specks (vs. a pool of blood). There's still a ways to go on this, but right now it seems to be that there is some reasonable doubt on the blood evidence.

- Finally, when confronted by Elaine's friends in front of Mark's house (where they called him a "sh** eater, among other things), Mark raised a pole/log/something up and went into a rage, forcing them to leave in fear. In court it was revealed that they were extremely aggressive towards him, called him a ton of obscene things, and would not leave. He screamed back and eventually became enraged. This is different than my earlier understanding, which was they merely mentioned the diaper photo to him which immediately set him off into a rage.

This trial has a long way to go, but this is my impression so far, based on the above pieces of evidence.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
I've learned quite a bit during the trial so far, and while I believe 100% that Mark is guilty, the testimony and evidence presented so far are not quite as convincing yet. Here's what has been new/interesting/surprising to me:

- Like others, I had assumed that Dylan had not confronted his dad about the diaper photos until that night at his house, and it was Dylan mentioning and/or sharing the photos with his dad set his dad into a rage, killing him in the process. It's been revealed that Mark was confronted with the photos many months before and had spent time alone with Dylan on a road trip months earlier, with Mark, Dylan, and Corey all having full knowledge of the photos. This kind of deflates the theory that Mark was surprised by Dylan mentioning the photos and becoming instantly outraged at it.

- The blood evidence is one of the strongest pieces of physical evidence against Mark, and that evidence seems not as strong now. Corey admits he (Corey) bled in the house, Dylan's friends said he often scraped himself playing sports (like diving for the football in the street), and the amount of blood found in the house sounds like it's just a few small specks (vs. a pool of blood). There's still a ways to go on this, but right now it seems to be that there is some reasonable doubt on the blood evidence.

- Finally, when confronted by Elaine's friends in front of Mark's house (where they called him a "sh** eater, among other things), Mark raised a pole/log/something up and went into a rage, forcing them to leave in fear. In court it was revealed that they were extremely aggressive towards him, called him a ton of obscene things, and would not leave. He screamed back and eventually became enraged. This is different than my earlier understanding, which was they merely mentioned the diaper photo to him which immediately set him off into a rage.

I'm not defending Mark, just trying to be as objective as possible and seeing things as the jury might be seeing things. This trial has a long way to go, but this is my impression so far, based on the above pieces of evidence.

Your thoughts?

I still think the photo set him off , let’s not forget there would be a build up of anger. He Hated Elaine and so he goes off on one slagging off Cory and Dylan and Dylan lashes out about those photos. Mark only has to lose his temper and lash out once and Poor Dylan is dead on the couch. Mark had 24 hours of rage because of the plane being cancelled , then Dylan arrives and he is being ungrateful and sullen.

His anger over the night grows as he does what Dylan wants like McDonald’s yet Dylan is still being a kid and I just think it ends in Mark losing for a moment and the end result is he killed his child.

MOO

That's a good quote from CSI Joe Clayton.

Think about it. Let's say your sitting on the couch doing something with a sharp instrument and accidentally cut yourself. You apply pressure to the cut and get some first aid supplies like an antiseptic and a bandage.

You don't move around bleeding all over and you don't move a rug, bleed on the floor and then put the rug back over it. JMO

I’m going to play devil’s advocate here. If you’re alone, of course you move around and bleed on the floor. You aren’t sitting on the couch whittling, with a first-aid kit beside you in case you accidentally cut yourself.

And it’s entirely possible to be flustered and move around more than necessary, as you wonder if you should go for the bandages in the bathroom or just grab the roll of paper towels in the kitchen.

And, if you’re feeling either considerate or guilty for being so stupid, you kick the rug out of the way so you don’t bleed all over it.

I speak from experience.

I’m going to play devil’s advocate here. If you’re alone, of course you move around and bleed on the floor. You aren’t sitting on the couch whittling, with a first-aid kit beside you in case you accidentally cut yourself.

And it’s entirely possible to be flustered and move around more than necessary, as you wonder if you should go for the bandages in the bathroom or just grab the roll of paper towels in the kitchen.

And, if you’re feeling either considerate or guilty for being so stupid, you kick the rug out of the way so you don’t bleed all over it.

I speak from experience.

Apart from the fact Dylan had never mentioned or had any cuts to warrant him bleeding in multiple places. Then throw in the fact that the house was done up after a fire as well so Dylan hadn’t even been in the house since I think it’s been said ?.

Then the fact the blood was so diluted it looked like somebody had tried to clean it up as well. Also in the exact spot where Dylan would of been sitting that fateful night .

Also he was a kid I highly doubt at that age he would of thought “ crap I’m gonna bleed over the rug let me move it out of the way”. Kids don’t generally give a damn about being house proud.

MOO

Last edited:

This trial has a long way to go, but this is my impression so far, based on the above pieces of evidence.

Your thoughts?

I haven't been following live, so perhaps others that have can answer this. It appears that Dylans' text all have a signature line. "B3) PIMP FACE WITH A STASH" . Did they cover what does this refer to? It's even on the ones he sends to his mother. At first I was thinking it was referring to Mark photo or ?? did Mark receive such and think it did refer to him eating poop and set him off? If irrelevant to case, never mind. e.g. Exh #31 Colorado Judicial Branch - La Plata - Cases of Interest - PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF COLORADO v. MARK REDWINE - Trial Exhibits

I haven't been following live, so perhaps others that have can answer this. It appears that Dylans' text all have a signature line. "B3) PIMP FACE WITH A STASH" . Did they cover what does this refer to? It's even on the ones he sends to his mother. At first I was thinking it was referring to Mark photo or ?? did Mark receive such and think it did refer to him eating poop and set him off? If irrelevant to case, never mind. e.g. Exh #31 Colorado Judicial Branch - La Plata - Cases of Interest - PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF COLORADO v. MARK REDWINE - Trial Exhibits

I don´t think I heard anything about a pimp face. Wow I didn´t know that this page existed and that I now can see what I was unable to see on the screen in court. Thank you

ETA: Warning!! pic nr 17-20 are THOSE PICS.

I don´t think I heard anything about a pimp face. Wow I didn´t know that this page existed and that I now can see what I was unable to see on the screen in court. Thank you

ETA: Warning!! pic nr 17-20 are THOSE PICS.

That link was posted upthread so I went through all of them. I had never seen the widely discussed photos before now. I had purposefully avoided as didn't want to see. Now I have going through all those exhibits. Justice for Dylan.

I still think the photo set him off , let’s not forget there would be a build up of anger. He Hated Elaine and so he goes off on one slagging off Cory and Dylan and Dylan lashes out about those photos. Mark only has to lose his temper and lash out once and Poor Dylan is dead on the couch. Mark had 24 hours of rage because of the plane being cancelled , then Dylan arrives and he is being ungrateful and sullen.

His anger over the night grows as he does what Dylan wants like McDonald’s yet Dylan is still being a kid and I just think it ends in Mark losing for a moment and the end result is he killed his child.

MOO
This is all JMO…

I agree that there was a build up of anger…with both of them. Dylan didn’t want to be there and Mark held such animosity towards Dylan’s mother that I am sure he spouted off about nasty things, and Dylan who had lost respect for his father lashed back about those photos in response. I don’t think his murder was premeditated, but fueled by this encounter where MR became enraged.

The trial started with personal recollections of Dylan and their last communications with him…then all communications stopped. My heart ached for them as they went through this testimony. They are only starting to get into the evidence now and I am interested to see what they will present.

I really like this prosecutor. I find him easy to listen to and am impressed with his ability to adjust questions when objections are made to get the information he wants on record. So far, I don’t have the same opinion of the defense attorney… I find him very disjointed. IMO those photos are a huge obstacle that will always remain in the jury’s minds.

All these years later, Elaine still has lost her son, and her other son has lost his brother, and well as all who loved Dylan who was robbed of life. No amount of time makes this any easier. I think about all of them having to go through this trial.

I have a suggestion... since there are not that many tweets coming thru - maybe some of you who are watching it live can give a description of "what" is going on - ??
At least some of us not watching can get an idea on what IS actually happening in court.
TIA! :)
Yesterday I did a few, but today I may not even get to watch. Yesterday I watched Ms Harrison. I wouldn't have missed that for the world. This why I made so many comments about her.

MOO

I agree about the build up of anger. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Dylan brought up the photos more than once since he found them and/or made little digs at his dad over them on occasion. I mean, he’s an adolescent boy, they don’t have much impulse control or internal filters usually. Not Dylan’s fault, what would Mark expect? I think it’s very possible Dylan brought them up again and that was the last straw and Mark snapped.

On another topic, I may be mixing up my cases, but wasn’t there something about a fireplace poker?

I agree about the build up of anger. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Dylan brought up the photos more than once since he found them and/or made little digs at his dad over them on occasion. I mean, he’s an adolescent boy, they don’t have much impulse control or internal filters usually. Not Dylan’s fault, what would Mark expect? I think it’s very possible Dylan brought them up again and that was the last straw and Mark snapped.

On another topic, I may be mixing up my cases, but wasn’t there something about a fireplace poker?
Yes I do remember there was something about a fire poker. Wasn't it/one missing??? It's been soooo long.......

Your thoughts?
BBM

No it doesn't deflate the theory. Actually it heightens it.

It doesn't matter if a teenager knows and discusses a "situation" many times that doesnt mean its over.

We can all testify that emotional highs and lows are common when you’re going through the changes of puberty. Even when you are well into your teen years. Things can be mellow and things can erratic and unpredictable. And yes emotions can run high.

We are not discussing a parent and an adult child. Dylan was 13 years old, who was experiencing hormonal changes along with the insecurities and uncertainties (which are a normal part of grow). But now lets throw in a court order, anger, and resentment for being made to go by his dad.

He every right to be angry. He had every right to feel resentful. He had every right to be allowed to have his feelings.

MOO, as far as Dylan was concerned this wasn't over. We can see it in the testimonys, we can see it in the Wal-Mart video and etc....

MOO
Yes, exactly!

I speak from experience.
I just can't go there. He wasn't alone and I always wondered if there was an angry outburst and Mark shoved Dylan and his head hit the coffee table. After yesterday, I don't now. Now I am starting to see Mark in a fit of rage and his young son trying to get away from him---thus why there is "movement" in the living room. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford