Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #63 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

List of Case Players and Their Relationship to Discussion (Post #440)

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Detailed timeline of events in the Morphew case:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA, MAPS &TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)

Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Verified Experts/Professionals/Insiders posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)
NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

*As Barry Morphew has now been charged with Suzanne's murder, he and his businesses are now open to sleuthing.*

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

If an approved source discusses rumors or family members, it is still NOT allowed to do so at Websleuths. WS has different standards.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew), public documents.

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

(* Admin Edit: to indicate that sleuthing Barry Morphew is now allowed)

Mod Reminder Falls at Random:

Links are required to be included in posts making statements of fact. If no link is included, the post along with those that quoted the post will be removed.

Thanks

Okay, so it was Profiling Evil (which I believe is allowed here) that stated early on. (when both hosts were on the show) that Suzanne was doing last minute planning with her friend in Indiana and that she was supposed to be a participant in the wedding.

This information was provided by Andy.Moorman on an interview with PE (that Suzanne was in the wedding). In the PE episode where they say this, they also say the "texts" (they don't seem to know what platform) continued up until evening (did not stop at noonish).

I'm no longer sure where the other information (about Suzanne's messages stopping noonish on Saturday) comes from. Maybe someone remembers? I just remember that the noonish date is the one that most of us thought was confirmed, somehow. But since I can't find any MSM to say that, then almost anything is possible on Saturday.

Okay, so it was Profiling Evil (which I believe is allowed here) that stated early on. (when both hosts were on the show) that Suzanne was doing last minute planning with her friend in Indiana and that she was supposed to be a participant in the wedding.

This information was provided by Andy.Moorman on an interview with PE (that Suzanne was in the wedding). In the PE episode where they say this, they also say the "texts" (they don't seem to know what platform) continued up until evening (did not stop at noonish).

I'm no longer sure where the other information (about Suzanne's messages stopping noonish on Saturday) comes from. Maybe someone remembers? I just remember that the noonish date is the one that most of us thought was confirmed, somehow. But since I can't find any MSM to say that, then almost anything is possible on Saturday.
Ok, I went back over some of my old posts and found this. I started referring to the following time as 12:30 instead of 2:30, so I believe I determined the latter was Indiana time, and the former was Colorado.

“To be clear from the family the timeline is Saturday 05/09/20 around 2:30 PM approx all communication with Suzanne stopped. BM said Sunday 05/10/20 at 0500 he last saw her in bed when he left.”

https://twitter.com/187cjm/status/1301180948902535179?s=21

IMO the close friend will be a star witness for the Prosecution.

Link:

Transcript from the PE episode:

know when that was
03:22
and that came as a result of some of the
03:25
things that we've been able to uncover
03:27
let's just let's just cut back what day
03:29
was the last day she's been
03:31
talked to by someone so it will be
03:34
saturday
03:36
so may 9th may 9th may 9th
03:39
she was in communication as some folks
03:42
have reported in the past okay
03:44
we can verify this is true
03:48
she was in communication saturday
03:50
afternoon
03:51
with her one of her closest friends
03:55
they were discussing an upcoming coming
03:58
wedding that everybody that people have
03:59
heard about
04:00
okay and they were texting
04:04
back and forth up until
04:07
mid evening and then it went silent
04:11
that friend has not heard from her
04:14
girlfriend
04:16
who was planning on attending and
04:19
or being in that wedding yeah that
04:23
that really is important because now we
04:25
have
04:26
in the early evening hours an absolute
04:29
halt to an ongoing conversation um
04:32
we don't know why it could be the
04:34
internet went down
04:36
it could be a hundred reasons why but
04:39
behaviorally
04:41
we have to kind of look at this and say
04:43
all of a sudden something stopped
04:46
it doesn't just end it it kind of
04:49
changes doesn't it chris
04:51
yeah it it does and so
04:55
that individual was has been
04:59
con let's say diligent
05:03
trying to find her girlfriend
05:06
and has been communicating
05:10
and is not getting the reciprocating
05:14
type of responses we believe

The bigger question is where Andy would have even known what Suzanne was doing and at what time. Perhaps he called her friend? Who knows what the truth is. Her texts hold the key to the true activity.

Ok, I went back over some of my old posts and found this. I started referring to the following time as 12:30 instead of 2:30, so I believe I determined the latter was Indiana time, and the former was Colorado.

“To be clear from the family the timeline is Saturday 05/09/20 around 2:30 PM approx all communication with Suzanne stopped. BM said Sunday 05/10/20 at 0500 he last saw her in bed when he left.”

Well, from what we’ve discussed again today, it seems Saturday afternoon will very well be the time she was murdered. BM trips into town to get his bobcat repaired and to purchase bleach, would be after the murder probably (or right before). Timing on the Bleach purchase will be interesting. CD confirms it was 12:30 Mountain time when texts stopped.
MOO

IMO the close friend will be a star witness for the Prosecution.

Link:

Transcript from the PE episode:

know when that was
03:22
and that came as a result of some of the
03:25
things that we've been able to uncover
03:27
let's just let's just cut back what day
03:29
was the last day she's been
03:31
talked to by someone so it will be
03:34
saturday
03:36
so may 9th may 9th may 9th
03:39
she was in communication as some folks
03:42
have reported in the past okay
03:44
we can verify this is true
03:48
she was in communication saturday
03:50
afternoon
03:51
with her one of her closest friends
03:55
they were discussing an upcoming coming
03:58
wedding that everybody that people have
03:59
heard about
04:00
okay and they were texting
04:04
back and forth up until
04:07
mid evening and then it went silent
04:11
that friend has not heard from her
04:14
girlfriend
04:16
who was planning on attending and
04:19
or being in that wedding yeah that
04:23
that really is important because now we
04:25
have
04:26
in the early evening hours an absolute
04:29
halt to an ongoing conversation um
04:32
we don't know why it could be the
04:34
internet went down
04:36
it could be a hundred reasons why but
04:39
behaviorally
04:41
we have to kind of look at this and say
04:43
all of a sudden something stopped
04:46
it doesn't just end it it kind of
04:49
changes doesn't it chris
04:51
yeah it it does and so
04:55
that individual was has been
04:59
con let's say diligent
05:03
trying to find her girlfriend
05:06
and has been communicating
05:10
and is not getting the reciprocating
05:14
type of responses we believe
It’s funny how much I’ve forgotten since this all began. Listening to that, I’m convinced that this friend is the explanation for law enforcement’s response here.

I’ve been all over the place with what may have guided their hand, but this seems to be the most solid explanation. I think concern quickly grew to panic, and this friend reached out to law enforcement sooner than we might think.

That’s why you immediately seal off a house, and quickly call in CBI and the FBI.

Think of all the cases we’ve followed where the circumstances aren’t very clear. Those houses had people living in them for days (Stauch, Berreth).

Barry left the home that morning, and he wasn’t able to set foot in it until after the search warrant was executed.

That’s incredibly telling.

The bigger question is where Andy would have even known what Suzanne was doing and at what time. Perhaps he called her friend? Who knows what the truth is. Her texts hold the key to the true activity.
I have a gut feeling SMs best friend reached out to Andy. There’s no way AM would have known SM was texting unless the friend contacted AM that weekend. My 2 cents, just a guess.

It’s funny how much I’ve forgotten since this all began. Listening to that, I’m convinced that this friend is the explanation for law enforcement’s response here.

I’ve been all over the place with what may have guided their hand, but this seems to be the most solid explanation. I think concern quickly grew to panic, and this friend reached out to law enforcement sooner than we might think.

That’s why you immediately seal off a house, and quickly call in CBI and the FBI.

Think of all the cases we’ve followed where the circumstances aren’t very clear. Those houses had people living in them for days (Stauch, Berreth).

Barry left the home that morning, and he wasn’t able to set foot in it until after the search warrant was executed.

Purely hypothetical-let’s say the girls know Mom’s BFF pretty well. Not stated as fact, but a guess. Big weekend for BFF, which the girls are probably aware of as well. Maybe BFF and the girls communicated at some point looking for Mom. If either side expected Suzanne to be following along or involved in a very special event and she was absent and unreachable, that would be a major red flag. That may have been passed along to LE very early on.

Thanks - I knew there was a reason I was thinking 12:30 pm. Which is consistent with Barry leaving MG at the raking site around 11:30 am, stopping by the spa store (if JP is to be believed), and then arriving home around 12:30.

I believe he caught her twice in two days, messaging with family and friends and that he knew the substance of what she wrote to Melinda (and perhaps - to her friend in Indiana). While I don't believe Barry could impersonate Suzanne while the two women were doing last minute wedding planning/excited talking, I can see him having Suzanne's FB password and being able to monitor what she and her friend were saying while he stood at that beach in Salida. If it turns out the Suzanne mentioned a possible divorce to two people over two days, that would be very interesting.

Hey there, MG. It seems that Suzanne met her demise when Barry left the job site on Saturday when he left 'to make the wife happy.'

(12:30 p.m. MDT = 2:30 p.m. EDT)

I actually thought that it was Friday night that she met her demise. It seems, though, it was on Saturday. :'(

JMO.

Hey there, MG. It seems that Suzanne met her demise when Barry left the job site on Saturday when he left 'to make the wife happy.'

(12:30 p.m. MDT = 2:30 p.m. EDT)

I actually thought that it was Friday night that she met her demise. It seems, though, it was on Saturday. :'(

JMO.
Yeah, and that seems to fit with MG’s account. She said that he decided to finish early, and cut her loose around 11.

So Barry goes home, murders Suzanne, then appears to have gone shopping (she said he was in town all day). I imagine this is when he purchased chlorine, and began assembling his alibi.

Thanks - I knew there was a reason I was thinking 12:30 pm. Which is consistent with Barry leaving MG at the raking site around 11:30 am, stopping by the spa store (if JP is to be believed), and then arriving home around 12:30.

I believe he caught her twice in two days, messaging with family and friends and that he knew the substance of what she wrote to Melinda (and perhaps - to her friend in Indiana). While I don't believe Barry could impersonate Suzanne while the two women were doing last minute wedding planning/excited talking, I can see him having Suzanne's FB password and being able to monitor what she and her friend were saying while he stood at that beach in Salida. If it turns out the Suzanne mentioned a possible divorce to two people over two days, that would be very interesting.
Never thought about it that way. Barry reads Suzanne’s powerful text to Melinda on Friday, he has the worst night of his life thinking about how he can make things right with Suzanne-or how to cut his losses. He spends the morning at the beach, but can’t concentrate on work. Maybe he is even reading Suzanne’s communications while he is there. He can’t take it anymore, has to go home. Either he already knows what Suzanne has told others, or walks in on her while she is talking to her friend. He ends her communication, or she abruptly ends it herself because Barry is home. And she is never heard from again. As always in this case, no fact, just hypothetical ideas on what went down.

Just a question, are we sure BM bought chlorine that Saturday?
Has this ever been documented?
Sorry, if this has already been linked earlier......I'm trying really hard to catch up:)

It's on Lauren Scharf's youtube channel. Part One of her interview with Jeff P.

That's why. I keep saying "according to JP." He may or. may not be a reliable witness and I don't think he flat out says he saw Barry with his own eyes. He appears to have talked to the spa store owners. I think.

The spa store owners themselves, if this is true, are likely mentioned in the AA and one may be slated as a witness, esp. if it is true that Barry always paid in cash.

ITA- I believe this friend has shared compelling information since the day it was reported SM was missing.

After listening again, I thought she may have contacted LE after the abruptness of which the conversation ended.

We will hear more from and about her as this continues. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member