Found Deceased CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *father arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^bbm

Take note MR was not charged by criminal complaint and/or arrest warrant affidavit but by Grand Jury Indictment impaneled in July 2017.

The 4-page indictment is linked below:

https://dur-duweb.newscyclecloud.com/assets/pdf/DU336075722.pdf

Mark Redwine was named a person of interest in the death, but he had not been charged previously. He has maintained his innocence during the past 4½ years.

[..]

A La Plata County grand jury was impaneled July 17 and returned indictments Thursday, finding probable cause to charge Redwine in connection with his son’s death. He is expected to face extradition proceedings in Washington before being brought to Durango, where he will be advised of the charges.

To be found guilty of second-degree murder, prosecutors must prove a person knowingly caused the death of another person.

The four-page indictment offers a narrative of the 4½-year investigation, including details never made public during the first year of Dylan’s disappearance.

Indictment of Mark Redwine provides details about searches after his son Dylan disappeared

Updated Monday, Jul. 24, 2017 10:04

Also see page 7 linked below for AW:

Redwine_Indictment.pdf

The case against Dylan Redwine's father in his murder trial | 9news.com

I'm curious about the search warrant mention in the article because I would like to know more about the roughhousing claim by Mark in an article written in 2017.

When did he tell LE about this incident with blood from a sore lip?

After reading the 2017 article again I think the search warrant that is mentioned is the first one that was executed on November 29th 2012 or 10 days after Dylan disappeared. I can't find the search warrant but only a motion to suppress any evidence that was collected from it.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/06th_Judicial_District/La_Plata/Redwine/092118 PD MOTION TO SUPPRESS D86.pdf

Evidence in 2012 Colorado child homicide case collected in Utah
I dunno. I think it’s a search warrant issued there in Utah. West Valley City is a suburb of SLC in SLC county and they have a 3rd Judicial District. Colorado 3rd is Huerfano and Las Animas counties.
From the article:

On Nov. 18, 2012, 13-year-old Dylan Redwine arrived in Durango, Colorado, to spend Thanksgiving with his father, who picked him up at the airport, according to a search warrant unsealed in 3rd District Court.

Police went to CR England Trucking, 4701 W. 2100 South, on July 31 with a search warrant to seize items collected out of Redwine's truck at the time of his arrest.

JMO

I dunno. I think it’s a search warrant issued there in Utah. West Valley City is a suburb of SLC in SLC county and they have a 3rd Judicial District. Colorado 3rd is Huerfano and Las Animas counties.
From the article:

On Nov. 18, 2012, 13-year-old Dylan Redwine arrived in Durango, Colorado, to spend Thanksgiving with his father, who picked him up at the airport, according to a search warrant unsealed in 3rd District Court.

Police went to CR England Trucking, 4701 W. 2100 South, on July 31 with a search warrant to seize items collected out of Redwine's truck at the time of his arrest.

JMO
I'm confused.

I understand having to get a search warrant to get the notebooks. But why would they need to include comments that Mark made about Dylan having a sore on his lip that was bleeding? That's in line with searching for blood evidence not written material. JMO

I'm confused.

I understand having to get a search warrant to get the notebooks. But why would they need to include comments that Mark made about Dylan having a sore on his lip that was bleeding? That's in line with searching for blood evidence not written material. JMO
I’m confused also. The article says:

Redwine told police there had been "an incident of roughhousing" between Dylan and himself. The father said Dylan was not injured but had spit blood on the floor from a sore on his lip, according to the warrant.

Can’t figure where they got that.

I did read somewhere??? lately that MR did not mention tossing a Nerf ball initially but added that detail later. I’m positive it was not an article I saw it in, but a court document. There are thousands of them. Argh!

I've seen some posts stating that the defense is objecting too much in this trial. While that may be true it's the job of the defense to vigorously defend their clients no matter what they feel about them.
Defense attorneys are ethically bound to zealously represent all clients, those whom they think will be justly found guilty as well as those whom they think are factually innocent. (See Canon 7, ABA Model Code of Professional Responsibility.) A vigorous defense is necessary to protect the innocent and to ensure that judges and citizens—and not the police—have the ultimate power to decide who is guilty of a crime.

Representing a Client the Lawyer Thinks Is Guilty

What did Mark do to his leather chairs?

In some photos they look brand new and brown and then in others they are white almost from wear but I don’t understand what you would do to cause that.

I know not this is not important but just strikes me as strange.

What did Mark do to his leather chairs?

In some photos they look brand new and brown and then in others they are white almost from wear but I don’t understand what you would do to cause that.

I know not this is not important but just strikes me as strange.

He had to scrub Dylan's blood off. Too narcissistic to take them to the dump.

If that's true and there's a conviction it will be part of an appeal. The judge needs to appear neutral and not like or dislike either side. JMO

Indeed. As someone who wants to get into law school after finally getting my undergrad, I do not hold any ill-will towards the defense. They have a difficult job to do. Imagine having defend this subhuman. But they are vital to our judicial system. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to rewatch Dr Phil. Mark was the only person to talk about Dylan in the past tense.

MOO is MR is such a sociopath. Watching him assert his innocence is akin to watching Scott Peterson's/Chris Watts' level of public gaslighting and manipulation.

The level of narcissism is astounding!

v5bhs0.jpg

a70xk4.jpg

This "non capturing of condensation" or whatever... on the right side of this photo... looks like another exhibit of his skull? I am not following live, but I did look at the evidence photos. I think I even did a post that the markings on the skull looked like the end of a fireplace poker. That "filligree" thingy on the end of them.

Look again closely at this photo on the bottom right of the chair photo. Not where the luminol is, but the fillagree (what word to use, someone else help me as that's not the correct term)... Anyway, it looks like the marking on the skull to me.

Am I doing that thing that WS'ers talk about... seeing something from nothing.

I would do a side by side, but don't know if WS allows such.

This "non capturing of condensation" or whatever... on the right side of this photo... looks like another exhibit of his skull? I am not following live, but I did look at the evidence photos. I think I even did a post that the markings on the skull looked like the end of a fireplace poker. That "filligree" thingy on the end of them.

Look again closely at this photo on the bottom right of the chair photo. Not where the luminol is, but the fillagree (what word to use, someone else help me as that's not the correct term)... Anyway, it looks like the marking on the skull to me.

Am I doing that thing that WS'ers talk about... seeing something from nothing.

I would do a side by side, but don't know if WS allows such.
You always have great insight. You aren't seeing something from nothing. It certainly isn't a bear/mountain lion claw as defense absurdly spouted.

Thanks for the article.

A third dog handler, who Wilson disqualified as an expert in human remains detection, will be permitted to testify about Redwine’s alleged misleading of law enforcement when he provided a pillow case to investigators that he said would contain Dylan’s scent. The dog identified that the fabric did not contain the boy’s odor, and prosecutors may present the evidence to show Redwine’s motive to mislead investigators.

Judge allows canine evidence in Redwine case

Molly (one of the dogs) has since died. Do you remember when a cadaver dog was qualified as an expert witness at trial? I can’t remember which trial it was, does anyone remember?

Thanks for the article.

A third dog handler, who Wilson disqualified as an expert in human remains detection, will be permitted to testify about Redwine’s alleged misleading of law enforcement when he provided a pillow case to investigators that he said would contain Dylan’s scent. The dog identified that the fabric did not contain the boy’s odor, and prosecutors may present the evidence to show Redwine’s motive to mislead investigators.

Judge allows canine evidence in Redwine case

Molly (one of the dogs) has since died. Do you remember when a cadaver dog was qualified as an expert witness at trial? I can’t remember which trial it was, does anyone remember?

Yep, the pillowcase part makes perfect sense. If what went down happened that night shortly after arrival, Dylan wouldn't have slept in the bed, and for obvious reasons, Mark wouldn't want to admit that. In fact, unless he packed dirty clothes, nothing would have his scent on it, save maybe the suitcase itself.

Yep, the pillowcase part makes perfect sense. If what went down happened that night shortly after arrival, Dylan wouldn't have slept in the bed, and for obvious reasons, Mark wouldn't want to admit that. In fact, unless he packed dirty clothes, nothing would have his scent on it, save maybe the suitcase itself.
Yep, exactly. It has also been asked and testified to (I think it was his brother) that Dylan would usually sleep on the couch. I believe this will be coming in.

ETA: Defendant claimed Dylan spent the night sleeping on the couch…
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/06th_Judicial_District/La_Plata/Redwine/111518 PEOPLES RESP D40.pdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member