Was Darin Routier involved in away with the murder or cover up of their boys?

Did Darin Routier help in anyway with the murder of his son's?

• Darin helped Darlie murder the boys

Votes: 35 11.4%
  • Darin helped Darlie cover up the murder of their boys

Votes: 142 46.3%
  • Darin took the sock and placed it in the Alley

Votes: 22 7.2%
  • Darin was innocent and had nothing to do with his son's deaths

Votes: 108 35.2%

• Total voters
You need to go back to the original conference where they spoke of Darlie's arrest. I know for a fact Darin was not investigated. They stated that fact in the arrest announcement. They said Darin was not a suspect at that time because his story checked out. From day one they focused on Darlie and only Darlie. Darin has never been investigated for the murders or attack on Darlie

Why would any mother agree to hire a lawyer under the conditon he not implicate Darin in the crime, specially when she was warned if the jury didnt hear the evidence against Darin, Darlie would go to death row. Even having this warning Darlie Kee still chose to protect Darin rather than defend her daughter

I didn't suspect Darin at first, not until I discovered that he had done that second cpr on Devon when he knew he had died over 4 minutes earlier. He used that boys dead body to trick officer Waddell into believing he was trying to save his son. It was the exact opposite. Then Darin lied and told police he didn't help Damon because he had no pulse. Damon lived for over 10 minutes.

If you go to his police statement on June 8th, he tries to claim he went upstairs as police were coming in the door. He later learned that both Darlie and Waddell said Darin already had pants on when he came down stairs when Waddell saw him outside. He gave two completely different stories then tried to explain his lies away on the Leeza interview.

The only person who had a story that didn't match the other witnesses was Darin. Almost every word out of his mouth was a complete lie.

each to their own.... but you will never convince me that darlie is innocent.
the evidence is OVERWHELMING.
take a solid look at her performance at the video-ed party....oops...graveside wake... who would know ??????
there isn't an ounce of devestation in that womans body.
my heart hurts everytime I watch it.
disgusting. she repulses me
So you convicted her bases on that video but claim there's overwhelming evidence. Lol. That's evidence of nothing....

I think they're both guilty. They both slept through their sons being murdered. Neither child woke up while the other was being murdered? Either each parent murdered a child, or one parent knew the other one was murdering them.

Darin put that sock in the alley. Helped Darlie inflict her stab wounds to be non fatal. I believe their thinking was that they could start fresh with baby Drake.

I also get why Darlie hasn't implicated him by now. During the trial she was still in love with him. And i'm sure he convinced her she'd never be found guilty. Now if she changes her story she looks like a bitter ex trying to throw him under the bus, or someone desperate to get off death row.

I think people have a hard time believing a mother could kill her kids. Even though we see case after case of it on the news.

I think they're both guilty. They both slept through their sons being murdered. Neither child woke up while the other was being murdered? Either each parent murdered a child, or one parent knew the other one was murdering them.

Darin put that sock in the alley. Helped Darlie inflict her stab wounds to be non fatal. I believe their thinking was that they could start fresh with baby Drake.

I also get why Darlie hasn't implicated him by now. During the trial she was still in love with him. And i'm sure he convinced her she'd never be found guilty. Now if she changes her story she looks like a bitter ex trying to throw him under the bus, or someone desperate to get off death row.

I think people have a hard time believing a mother could kill her kids. Even though we see case after case of it on the news.

What evidence is there against Darin? Investigators suspected him from the start, but found no evidence whatsoever of his guilt. Everything they were finding pointed to Darlie alone.

What evidence is there against Darin? Investigators suspected him from the start, but found no evidence whatsoever of his guilt. Everything they were finding pointed to Darlie alone.
There isn't any. As well, the 2015 Y-STR DNA tests on the evidence rule out Darin and they rule out an unknown male. It was all Darlie, Darin lied his head at her trial I imagine in an attempt to help her.

Do you know for a fact that they even investigated Darin? Cops often zero in on one particular suspect. Saying he's not a suspect doesn't mean they ever investigated him.

I agree she could've did it on her own. But he slept through the attack of three people in his living room? Did CPR on the son that had already died, but not the one with the pulse. Stood by Darlie after she brutally murdered his two children.

A man as large as Darin in a house with bloodied dying babies and a bloodied cut wife. I don't think LE looked at him initially and said "Nah, not him". If they were going after the easiest suspect it would have been Darin they investigated first.

Do you know for a fact that they even investigated Darin? Cops often zero in on one particular suspect. Saying he's not a suspect doesn't mean they ever investigated him.

I agree she could've did it on her own. But he slept through the attack of three people in his living room? Did CPR on the son that had already died, but not the one with the pulse. Stood by Darlie after she brutally murdered his two children.

Investigators testified at the trial, it's in the transcripts. Darin slept through the attack on his two sleeping children, the attack on Darlie was self-inflicted. She stated she slept through her OWN attack, so why is it so hard to believe that he slept through it being upstairs with the door closed. He did plenty of lying for her to protect her, IMO, but he didn't murder those boys, she did.

Even though Darin seems to be a dishonest individual in general.....this crime was done by Darlie alone and she's where she deserves to be on death row.

Sorry but I'll never believe that he didn't plan it with her. If my husband murdered my children, there's no way id stand by him. I'd be the one in prison.

After more than 25 years in prison she never said that he was involved......he's remarried and enjoying life.....if he was the one responsible for this you really think that she would have spent all this time on death row being called a child killer without saying anything?.....you think that Darlie's mother would have left her daughter on death row if she taught Darin was involved?!?!

I didn't suspect Darin at first, not until I discovered that he had done that second cpr on Devon when he knew he had died over 4 minutes earlier. He used that boys dead body to trick officer Waddell into believing he was trying to save his son. It was the exact opposite. Then Darin lied and told police he didn't help Damon because he had no pulse. Damon lived for over 10 minutes.

Indeed. And also, on the 911 call, I can hear Darlie screaming something like "Darin, what you doing?!! No!!!" and you can hear weird noises in the background. Maybe I've always let my imagination run wild when I listened to that part but to me, it seems like Darin was doing something hurtful to one of the boys and Darlie was freaking out. That part never sit right with me.

After more than 25 years in prison she never said that he was involved......he's remarried and enjoying life.....if he was the one responsible for this you really think that she would have spent all this time on death row being called a child killer without saying anything?.....you think that Darlie's mother would have left her daughter on death row if she taught Darin was involved?!?!

Someone went to visit her and she told that person that Darin was not the one who committed the murders. But she wonders if maybe it had to do with people he was affiliated with back then.

Personally, as I posted here years ago, I always thought that he could have been involved in some way, whether it be physically, or planning it. In that case, why wouldn't she tell the world that he's the one who did it? In my opinion, it would be because she doesn't know that it was him. This is all hypothetical, and only my opinion. I respect your opinion, but I think that there could be more to it regarding Darin.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back