Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday little William. We will never forget you and are hoping and praying for the truth and justice.
I truly hope they are doing their best to find him and not just lip service. Have someone to go over absolutely everything again from the beginning with a fine tooth comb. A fresh paid of eyes. I believe the truth is in the file already.

IMO

Happy Birthday little William. We will never forget you and are hoping and praying for the truth and justice.
I truly hope they are doing their best to find him and not just lip service. Have someone to go over absolutely everything again from the beginning with a fine tooth comb. A fresh paid of eyes. I believe the truth is in the file already.

IMO
BBM
Agree Mads.....
And hopefully some news from the Coroner will be released soon as well.....

What if the coroner's finding takes years? An inquest in Queensland has been waiting for a finding since hearings concluded in 2017. I might be misunderstanding what's going on there - if so, someone please correct this: IMO in the Queensland inquest the coroner wants to hand down the finding but has been delayed by legal challenges and (if this is something other than "legal challenges") because the victim's family won't make its final submission because they say that police have not yet interviewed all the key witnesses or followed up all the leads they should have.

See: Family of missing man Tony Jones concerned about 'loose ends' in reopened inquest into baffling 40-year case, ABC News, 26 June 2021

Last edited:
Sky News Australia to premiere new special investigation into the case of missing toddler with 'William Tyrrell: Little Boy Lost', Sky News Australia, 05 July 2021

In a 30-minute special, Sky News anchor Peter Stefanovic speaks to William's biological mother, hears from Gary Jubelin, and discusses William's disappearance with Bruce and Denise Morcombe.
"Sky News also shares William's sister's statement from the Coronial Inquest where she implores police to find her brother."

'William Tyrrell: Little Boy Lost', Sunday 18 July 2021 at 8pm on Sky News on Foxtel and Sky News on WIN

I don't know whether Sky News usually posts its shows on the web afterwards - for people who don't have access to the TV channels - but there's a preview video in this article (which is not working for me right now), so it's possible they will.

In her first television interview since the Coronial Inquest, Peter speaks exclusively to William’s biological mother about the circumstances that led to William being in foster care, her experience on that devastating day he went missing, and the hurt and anger she endures daily as his case remains unsolved.

During the special, Peter also hears from former homicide detective Gary Jubelin and discusses William’s disappearance with Bruce and Denise Morcombe, parents of abducted teenager Daniel Morcombe whose body was recovered eight years after he went missing following an extensive police operation
‘William Tyrrell: Little Boy Lost’ coming soon to Sky News Australia

NoCookies | The Australian

Noosa schoolgirl Sian Kingi’s killer Barrie Watts seeks release on parole
I remember - and words fail me in the description; how anyone can call themselves a human being but commit such atrocities is beyond my comprehension. Watts is lucky I’m not in charge of penalties, as he wouldn’t have enjoyed the protective luxury of Jail !
And IMO, there’s No way he should ever be anywhere but behind Bars. ..

Thanks, doc. Yet another delay and still no answers.
Is there still a ‘squad’ focused on William’s disappearance?
If there is, I can’t help but wonder what fills their days, year upon year...
If there’s not, I can’t help but ask the question - why not ?

Either way, answers to this little boy’s disappearance needs genuine,dedicated, priority attention - not only for William & his family, but also for the restoration of ‘Good triumphs over Evil’ .

Someone needs to step up - but perhaps they’re wary after seeing what happened to Jubes !

Sky News Australia to premiere new special investigation into the case of missing toddler with 'William Tyrrell: Little Boy Lost', Sky News Australia, 05 July 2021

In a 30-minute special, Sky News anchor Peter Stefanovic speaks to William's biological mother, hears from Gary Jubelin, and discusses William's disappearance with Bruce and Denise Morcombe.
"Sky News also shares William's sister's statement from the Coronial Inquest where she implores police to find her brother."

'William Tyrrell: Little Boy Lost', Sunday 18 July 2021 at 8pm on Sky News on Foxtel and Sky News on WIN

I don't know whether Sky News usually posts its shows on the web afterwards - for people who don't have access to the TV channels - but there's a preview video in this article (which is not working for me right now), so it's possible they will.
Bumping this as a reminder..... same as this new article is doing here:
William Tyrrell’s birth mother speaks out about missing child: ‘I’ve lost him again’ | Daily Telegraph

police have identified more than 600 persons of interest...

Last edited:
This is off-topic but may be of interest if anyone here is related to a person missing in Australia: the first of the AFP's "Family of Missing Persons Days" is scheduled for Brisbane QLD in two weeks, Sunday 01 August 2021:

Family of Missing Persons Days, National DNA Program for Unidentified and Missing Persons

There's a link on that page (after clicking to open "Queensland") if you want to register to attend the event in Brisbane. And if you can't attend but do want to help, there's a link where you can register your interest (after clicking on "Can't make it to an event in your State or Territory? Or you reside in another State or Territory not listed above?") - the page says that someone from the police force in your state or territory will contact you. It doesn't specify whether this includes families outside Australia too (those who have someone missing in Australia), so MOO maybe those families could try to register their interest to see what happens?

One of the questions in the register-interest link says "What would you like to provide to police?" and a DNA sample is just one of the options, so (I'm guessing) it's probably okay to not give a sample if that's what you'd prefer.

Is this the most we have ever heard from DI Laidlaw???

From another new article today....

Detective Chief Inspector David Laidlaw told Stefanovic he thinks he knows who is responsible for the little boy vanishing almost seven years ago – but no one is in the clear.

“Nobody has been excluded from the investigation,” he said.

“Everybody is a person of interest until they’ve been fully eliminated or to the end of our inquiries.”

Mr Laidlaw took over William’s case in 2019

Stefanovic asked Mr Laidlaw if officers could rule anyone out of the investigation, to which the detective replied, “no we can’t”.

The Sky News Australia anchor pressed further, asking, “so if anyone out there is thinking I might have gotten away with this, what’s your message?”
Mr Laidlaw said, “they haven’t” gotten away with William’s disappearance and “we’ll continue this investigation as long as it takes”.

Stefanovic then bluntly asked, “do you believe you know who the person is?” with Mr Laidlaw replying, “we believe we can identify who it may be or the circumstances of him going missing yes”.

Stefanovic told Mr Laidlaw “you know what happened don’t you”.

“We have thoughts about what occurred to William yes and there’s a range of thoughts about what happened to him yes,” Mr Laidlaw responded.

The detective replied with a simple “yes” after Stefanovic asked if he has thoughts on who is responsible.

Detective Chief Inspector David Laidlaw believes he knows who is responsible for William Tyrrell’s disappearance | Sky News Australia

Is this the most we have ever heard from DI Laidlaw???

From another new article today....

Detective Chief Inspector David Laidlaw told Stefanovic he thinks he knows who is responsible for the little boy vanishing almost seven years ago – but no one is in the clear.

“Nobody has been excluded from the investigation,” he said.

“Everybody is a person of interest until they’ve been fully eliminated or to the end of our inquiries.”

Mr Laidlaw took over William’s case in 2019

Stefanovic asked Mr Laidlaw if officers could rule anyone out of the investigation, to which the detective replied, “no we can’t”.

The Sky News Australia anchor pressed further, asking, “so if anyone out there is thinking I might have gotten away with this, what’s your message?”
Mr Laidlaw said, “they haven’t” gotten away with William’s disappearance and “we’ll continue this investigation as long as it takes”.

Stefanovic then bluntly asked, “do you believe you know who the person is?” with Mr Laidlaw replying, “we believe we can identify who it may be or the circumstances of him going missing yes”.

Stefanovic told Mr Laidlaw “you know what happened don’t you”.

“We have thoughts about what occurred to William yes and there’s a range of thoughts about what happened to him yes,” Mr Laidlaw responded.

The detective replied with a simple “yes” after Stefanovic asked if he has thoughts on who is responsible.

Detective Chief Inspector David Laidlaw believes he knows who is responsible for William Tyrrell’s disappearance | Sky News Australia
That was interesting, thank you.

I'm hoping Sky will post a video, but there isn't one so far on their YouTube. Maybe they wait till after the TV broadcast in Western Australia? (AWST - a delay of two hours; it should have started there 5 minutes ago)
One of the comments after seeing the program was that it was a waste of time, rehashing of everything already known. No vid of the show on youtube as of yet.

If Laidlaw says in one breath that he thinks he knows who did it, then says no one is in the clear, that does not inspire me with any confidence that the case has progressed at all.
I can *kind of* see what he is saying when he says the below... it's probably like *nobody* can be cleared because perhaps nobody has an iron clad alibi in this case, even though many many many of the POIs over time (600?) may be completely on the back burner and not being looked at, at the moment,.. until they're ready to actually lay charges against whomever it ends up being. They can't completely clear anyone until they're sure, and they can't be sure until they're ready to lay charges against someone, ie they have enough actual evidence. That is my interpretation anyway. imo.

From the article quoted above:

Top detective makes bold claims about William Tyrrell case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members