AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. This is my first post. I think it's ok to share this link from the TBI AMBER Alert – Summer Wells

UPDATED: 6/26/21 at 4:25 p.m. (ET) – As we’ve previously mentioned, we have been working around the clock to identify anyone who may have been in the area around the time 5-year-old Summer Wells disappeared to determine what they may have seen or heard, no matter how insignificant it may have seemed to them at the time. Every detail is important.

In the process of doing this, we received information that a Toyota pickup truck was seen in the area of Beech Creek Road and Ben Hill Road in the late afternoon to early evening on either Monday, June 14th, or Tuesday, June 15th. The pickup is possibly a 1998-2000 maroon or red Toyota Tacoma, with a full bed ladder rack along with white buckets in the truck bed.

We have been unable to identify the driver of this truck. Due to this, we are asking this driver to contact us at 1-800-TBI-FIND. We would like to speak with you to confirm this information and ask what you may have heard or seen at the time. If you are the driver of this truck, please contact us.

We want to stress that this individual is not a suspect, but is a potential witness who may have heard or seen something that may help us in our search for Summer.

Welcome avlmtns and thank you for the link.

I would like to make a statement on the high volume of RSOs in general, just as a note. There are different reasons why a person might be convicted and found guilty of a crime. Let’s take, for example, a group of people who have been found guilty of murder. How many of those convicted murderers, did in fact, murder someone, but due to lack of evidence in the alleged murderer’s defense, were convicted by a jury of under-educated, not uneducated, citizens, and had actually murdered in self defense? Or, god forbid, one of those convicted murderers were falsely convicted?

It would take investigative work to individually asses each RSO. Each RSOs offense will vary in degree. I assume there are RSOs who, ignorantly, developed a relationship with an underage person, parents discovered the inappropriate relationship, etc. An RSO such as this is legally guilty, but does that mean that the RSO would abduct someone else’s child? Absolutely not.

I do understand why local RSOs are elevated to the top of the pile when children go missing. I completely understand this justified action. But, weirdly, I’ve always found it odd that the angry mob, wielding their pitchforks, show up at the nearest RSO’s door first. (No offense to any member who has mentioned RSOs by the way. I am not comparing you to an “an angry mob”, and am only providing insight and detail to the way I think.)

In my mind, I subconsciously assume this would be the obvious suspect. But, call me crazy, RSOs are RSOs for a reason. I’d be curious to see the statistics, from a credible source, of the RSOs that go on to commit more sexual offenses. My best assumption would be that a majority of them don’t, due to already being monitored. I might be incorrect, but this is how my mind works.

@Blue1vey You are seen and heard. I know nada about statistics and survey wise with that stuff I'd have to ask one of my Ivy League friends. Heck even a Senior in High School.

This is just me. My opinion. First people murder for different reasons. Some probably justifiably. You murder for money, revenge, you're mad at the world. Now, you're an RSO.
Why do you manipulate a child OR an underage girlfriend into a position that they can't consent to? Money? You're a human trafficker. Revenge? You have no sexual desires towards children yet in revenge you'll sexually assault them? No. Don't work that way.

However as I said you are heard because as good a tool as the RSO list is......we so know there's people never dimed on. There's gotta be a first for a pedophile. Are he/she on a registry? Zipcodes? Pfffftttttt. Uhhhh do they drive? I'll spare everyone because I could go on. Actually my wrath is on the people who KNOW your kids Uncle Fred gets himself into a mess with kids but what your kid claims happened to them isn't true.

Obviously not based on science. I do believe some of pedophilia is genetic.

Also, recognized is that ALL those on an RSO list wouldn't hurt a child. Just women. Or probably men as well.

That was all obviously based on emotion. We could have a good discussion once they find this gorgeous girl.

Peace.

sbm

"I assume there are RSOs who, ignorantly, developed a relationship with an underage person,"

It's the responsibility of an adult to KNOW how old the person that they're having a relationship with is. The law doesn't recognize "ignorance."

I would like to make a statement on the high volume of RSOs in general, just as a note. There are different reasons why a person might be convicted and found guilty of a crime. Let’s take, for example, a group of people who have been found guilty of murder. How many of those convicted murderers, did in fact, murder someone, but due to lack of evidence in the alleged murderer’s defense, were convicted by a jury of under-educated, not uneducated, citizens, and had actually murdered in self defense? Or, god forbid, one of those convicted murderers were falsely convicted?

It would take investigative work to individually asses each RSO. Each RSOs offense will vary in degree. I assume there are RSOs who, ignorantly, developed a relationship with an underage person, parents discovered the inappropriate relationship, etc. An RSO such as this is legally guilty, but does that mean that the RSO would abduct someone else’s child? Absolutely not.

I do understand why local RSOs are elevated to the top of the pile when children go missing. I completely understand this justified action. But, weirdly, I’ve always found it odd that the angry mob, wielding their pitchforks, show up at the nearest RSO’s door first. (No offense to any member who has mentioned RSOs by the way. I am not comparing you to an “an angry mob”, and am only providing insight and detail to the way I think.)

In my mind, I subconsciously assume this would be the obvious suspect. But, call me crazy, RSOs are RSOs for a reason. I’d be curious to see the statistics, from a credible source, of the RSOs that go on to commit more sexual offenses. My best assumption would be that a majority of them don’t, due to already being monitored. I might be incorrect, but this is how my mind works.

MO on a possibility:

Imagine LE tracks down the vehicle by cousin X calling in to say that sounds like cousin Y’s vehicle. Y is contacted by LE - “Oh yeah, I was in that area on the 14th.”
All while possibly LE has video evidence to point to the 15th during a certain time frame.

Again an opinion..

Okay, Tiff , my brain is fried. But I think I can see where you're going with this. But then, cousin Y would be known to LE ( by name, I mean ), wouldn't they ? Maybe a friend or a neighbor...hmmm...I could see that. Thanks for the sharing your thoughts.

Okay, Tiff , my brain is fried. But I think I can see where you're going with this. But then, cousin Y would be known to LE ( by name, I mean ), wouldn't they ? Maybe a friend or a neighbor...hmmm...I could see that. Thanks for the sharing your thoughts.

Apologies I wasn’t clear.
My thinking is if an alert is going out right now, they have been unable to identify the vehicle on their own. If someone in the public now hears the description of this vehicle, it could remind them of someone’s vehicle and call it in as a tip. That is where my thinking was. Cousin scenario was trying to offer a random example.

Apologies I wasn’t clear.
My thinking is if an alert is going out right now, they have been unable to identify the vehicle on their own. If someone in the public now hears the description of this vehicle, it could remind them of someone’s vehicle and call it in as a tip. That is where my thinking was. Cousin scenario was trying to offer a random example.

Makes perfect sense. I think I over focused on the part about " seeing or hearing anything " along with the date of the 14th. I guess I was thinking, " What the heck could someone have seen or heard on the 14th ?! ". I'm telling you, this timeline is driving me bonkers. But I totally get what you're saying now. Thanks.

Makes perfect sense. I think I over focused on the part about " seeing or hearing anything " along with the date of the 14th. I guess I was thinking, " What the heck could someone have seen or heard on the 14th ?! ". I'm telling you, this timeline is driving me bonkers.

It is also likely to be what another poster stated up thread. Someone saw the vehicle, but is unsure of the date. Maybe it was in the area both days.

I think the good news is, if they witnessed something or have any information, this is a pretty detailed description of a vehicle (ladder, buckets. Etc) and if the owner doesn’t follow media/hear the request to contact TBI, then chances are someone might recognize the vehicle description and call it in.

All JMO

I agree that I think the witness who said the pick-up can't remember if they saw it the 14 or 15. If it's someone who lives in the area and it stood out to them because it's an unfamiliar vehicle, they may have "logged" sighting in their brain and remember it being early that week but just honestly can't remember if it was Mon or Tues. I find that very plausible. I often say that I would make a horrible eye witness because I'm terrible at remembering details about what I've seen when out in public or even at home.

Ugh, I’m confused about looking for a vehicle possibly seen the day before Summer was reported missing. If the vehicle was seen only the day before, then why do we care? If the vehicle was seen both days, I can understand the rationale. But just one day, the day before? How would that fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288