Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #63 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be possible Suzanne and bff were video chatting on Saturday and bff saw and heard Barry doing whatever he was doing, like getting ready to kill Suzanne? Suzanne had a part in the wedding on Sunday and I assume it was going to be a video thing.

I do a lot of zoom chatting with friends and family because I live far away from them. Suzanne lived far away from her Indiana family and friends, so I wonder if she did the same.

Yes, if he planned to go hiking or biking with her and had an 'accident', there might not have been a chlorine cleanup.

I wonder when the bike for parts was bought. Not that I believe that story, I don't. I don't think he ever had any intention of riding it or using it for parts.
The staged bike seems key. What was Barry’s plan? Why did he buy that bike?

WE don’t have enough pieces to put this puzzle together yet. Dang. :cool:

No, I just don’t see it, which is weird considering it appears he thwarted efforts to track his location somehow.

I honestly don’t even see him googling that information.

There’s gotta be something we don’t know about going on here.
What if he had cameras inside the house and monitored her (listening in as well) and he heard her discussions with friends ? I have ring on my phone and I can listen and see everything when I’m away as long as the cameras are plugged in. If she was discussing something he didn’t like - he would know.
Also of note - there has been no change in the guardianship - he is still her guardian
Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

It would appear he has handled every last asset she had in her own name …IMO

What bike? Do we know the bike that was found was not Suzanne’s usual bike? Barry would know which bike was Suzanne’s if in fact he planted a bike in the ravine. A stranger might not know.
I think it was CM who said that he heard Barry went to a bike shop and bought an old bike and "may" have used it for parts. It never made much sense to me, though.

The staged bike seems key. What was Barry’s plan? Why did he buy that bike?

I should have made myself more clear, but it was too late to edit my post. I don't believe he bought the bike to use for parts on Suzanne's bike. My thought is because he told MG he was going home to make the wife happy by hiking or biking, he had biking on his mind. Here was a bike he could ride with her and cause her to have an 'accident' and cause her to lose her life.

The problem with this is she went to the bike shop on Thursday, I think. Was there something wrong with her bike that she couldn't ride it? Was her bike in the shop to be fixed?

I just don't think the Broomfield alibi was part of his original plan, either. He screwed up royally and I'm glad he did. He now gets to spend the rest of his life in a concrete cage, because he will not get away with this.

Last edited:
Do y’all think Barry was smart enough to plan/preplan using a vehicle without EVI for getting Suzanne out of the house and to wherever she is? I can understand him leaving his phone at home, but was he even aware which vehicles had EVI?
Yes and barely. If he'd done a little homework into true crime cases, it's a no-brainer.

I should have made myself more clear, but it was too late to edit my post. I don't believe he bought the bike to use for parts on Suzanne's bike. My thought is because he told MG he was going home to make the wife happy by hiking or biking, he had biking on his mind. Here was a bike he could ride with her and cause her to have an 'accident' and cause her to lose her life.

The problem with this is she went to the bike shop on Thursday, I think. Was there something wrong with her bike that she couldn't ride it? Was her bike in the shop to be fixed?

I just don't think the Broomfield alibi was part of his original plan, either. He screwed up royally and I'm glad he did. He now gets to spend the rest of his life in a concrete cage, because he will not get away with this.

Focusing on your last point, I totally agree, I don’t think the Broomfield alibi was part of his initial plan, if he even had one.

You don’t rush to throw together a job like that at the last minute on Mother’s Day. You already have it organized, with all your ducks in a row.

This seemed to have been done in a frenzy, and he merely took advantage of a job that he did in fact have to perform at some point.

This all looks suspicious on its face, but I think we’re going to learn things that make it absolutely damning.

And that’s just one piece of this whole thing.

What bike? Do we know the bike that was found was not Suzanne’s usual bike? Barry would know which bike was Suzanne’s if in fact he planted a bike in the ravine. A stranger might not know.
We don't know what/which bike was found in the ravine but it's still in LE custody and the person who sold it would know which bike it is.

Focusing on your last point, I totally agree, I don’t think the Broomfield alibi was part of his initial plan, if he even had one.

You don’t rush to throw together a job like that at the last minute on Mother’s Day. You already have it organized, with all your ducks in a row.

This seemed to have been done in a frenzy, and he merely took advantage of a job that he did in fact have to perform at some point.

This all looks suspicious on its face, but I think we’re going to learn things that make it absolutely damning.

And that’s just one piece of this whole thing.
Very much agree. Something precipitated his moving on to plan B, if there ever were a plan A. Then again, I may be giving him too much credit somewhere in there...

Very much agree. Something precipitated his moving on to plan B, if there ever were a plan A. Then again, I may be giving him too much credit somewhere in there...
And that’s the danger, “giving him too much credit.”

The “love of his life” is missing, and he attempts to vote for her in the presidential election.

That shows where his mind was at, and illustrates that he’s not living in the same reality as the rest of us.

This is not some criminal mastermind capable of outwitting the authorities, and putting together a well thought out plan.

Law enforcement’s apparent quick pivot to a homicide investigation is a solid indication of just how incompetent he was.

And that’s the danger, “giving him too much credit.”

The “love of his life” is missing, and he attempts to vote for her in the presidential election.

That shows where his mind was at, and illustrates that he’s not living in the same reality as the rest of us.

This is not some criminal mastermind capable of outwitting the authorities, and putting together a well thought out plan.

Law enforcement’s apparent quick pivot to a homicide investigation is a solid indication of just how incompetent he was.

BBM: Is, still is. I eagerly await the hours of statements he has made to LE and witnesses in the last 13.5 months. Beyond the travesty we all are aware of, he's sure to have some doozies in there.

BBM: Is, still is. I eagerly await the hours of statements he has made to LE and witnesses in the last 13.5 months. Beyond the travesty we all are aware of, he's sure to have some doozies in there.
His attorneys probably wanted to pull their hair out when they read transcripts of his conversations with law enforcement.

Both Frazee and Letecia did an incredible amount of damage in a fraction of the time.

Barry is effectively going to be testifying against himself.

I think there are enough security cameras between Puma Path and Broomfield that LE knows exactly how long it took him to reach the HIE. If he passed one camera and it took him 2 hours to pass another camera when it should only have taken him one, they knew exactly what area they should be searching for evidence.
I’ve always believed that BM probably took 50 east to 285 to Broomfield. The area between Johnson Village and Fairplay on 285 is the least populated with numerous county roads where BM could have pulled off unnoticed in the wee hours of Sunday morning. There are several businesses at each of these intersections and LE would know if he made a stop along the way.
I think BM may have quickly disposed of some evidence along the way to Broomfield, but I tend to think he disposed of SM’s body before he left for Broomfield. My thoughts are that he left his phone home with SM’s while he disposed of her body sometime early Sunday morning so he could tell LE he was home with her all night then left her sleeping at 5:00 a.m. We don’t know if LE has recovered her phone but it may have been found at the home.
BM wanted to get on the road to Broomfield very early because he knew SM would start getting “Happy Mother’s Day” calls on Sunday morning and he had to be gone. MOO
Just jumping off your post - it reminded me of something I have been wondering about. The river that runs thru Morphew back yard, ? Arkansas River. Where it runs thru there, is it a very big river? Is the current swift? Swift enough to take a body downstream or body parts downstream? That may have been the perfect opportunity for BM. Kill her, then dispose of her in the river and easily clean/rinse off any items he used in the process, plus possibly cleaning things later as well with the chlorine?

This is just something I had been thinking about so thought I would see what others thought the likelihood of this scenario may be?

JMO

Could it be possible Suzanne and bff were video chatting on Saturday and bff saw and heard Barry doing whatever he was doing, like getting ready to kill Suzanne? Suzanne had a part in the wedding on Sunday and I assume it was going to be a video thing.

I do a lot of zoom chatting with friends and family because I live far away from them. Suzanne lived far away from her Indiana family and friends, so I wonder if she did the same.

I think this wedding thing is really off. I don't know why BM would plan to murder Suzanne when he knew she had a big and noticeable thing going on.

Unless he intended for Suzanne to be noticed missing by her friend. In case the girls weren't able to notice their mother missing (perhaps they were camping in a wilderness area and he wasn't sure if they would be able to get to a place with phone reception so they could call).

Or unless he forgot/didn't know about the wedding plans.

I think this wedding thing is really off. I don't know why BM would plan to murder Suzanne when he knew she had a big and noticeable thing going on.

Unless he intended for Suzanne to be noticed missing by her friend. In case the girls weren't able to notice their mother missing (perhaps they were camping in a wilderness area and he wasn't sure if they would be able to get to a place with phone reception so they could call).

Or unless he forgot/didn't know about the wedding plans.

I think the wedding is being overplayed as significant. IIRC, because of Covid it was a private ceremony on Sunday (Mother’s Day). I don’t see the mother of the bride FaceTiming SM (or whatever) leading up to or during this event. SM would probably tell her, tell me about it afterwards, share pics and videos- enjoy yourself. It’s possible any plans for SM to speak were also changed due to the wedding being a different event (Covid) than originally planned.

From the AA when it’s released- I’m waiting to see if I owe Ms. Mary, the neighbor of the construction site, who reported the noise an apology for not believing her. lol IMO

According to Barry he left the tools on the hotel cart and told the workers they'd have to figure it out themselves. I'm not sure he left them in the lobby, though. I think they were locked in the room.

And yes, it will be interesting to learn whether or not LE found any evidence in the hotel room or if any of the tools were used in the crime. It may have just been all been part of his ruse, pretending to rush off after hearing his wife was missing.

I'm interested in the time before that. What time did he arrive at the hotel? What did he do from 5:00 am until late afternoon if he hadn't done much work prepping the wall job? There are about eight hours that are unaccounted for if he was only in that room for an hour or two. I'm thinking he did not go to the hotel until late afternoon, in order to clean up before heading home.
I tend to think he did take a nap....after pulling an all nighter.

Or an ATV delivering that body to the back forty in the wee hours of Sunday morning?
There is still the matter of the elderly woman hearing heavy equipment around midnight....who else but Barry would be out there operating a piece of equipment and what was he doing? This crime has a minimum of 3 crime scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73