AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. (WJHL) — A release from Incident Commander Tim Coup says crews are “scaling back search operations” for Summer Wells, the 5-year-old from Hawkins County who has been missing since June 15.

Coup says search efforts will continue on a more specialized team basis as needed and directed from local, state and federal agencies.

He also says search crews are physically and mentally exhausted from the rough terrain and extreme conditions.

Reportedly, the search will draw resources from Middle and West Tennessee and other states to bring a “fresh set of eyes and rested bodies.” Officials say they will still rely on local and regional resources as well.

“Just because we may not be seen as such a large present in and throughout the area, rest assured that we have not quit and won’t quit until we find Summer Wells,” Coup says in the release.

The release also included the following information about the search:

Crews ‘scaling back’ search for Summer Wells | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
From your link:
  • The search has utilized over 120 agencies from Tennessee, Ohio, Virginia, Alabama, Georgia and North Carolina
  • Since June 15, 1,150 searches have covered the ground
  • Over 13,800 search hours have been logged
  • TBI fixed wing flew 21.2 hours
  • The THP helicopter logged 30 hours of flight.
  • Numerous specialized search and rescue groups include (but are not limited to): TN Task Force 2, BURSAR, Appalachian Mountain Rescue, Black Diamond, SCSAR, Central Carolina SAR, Great Smokey Mountain National Park, RATSAR, Search and Rescue Tracking Institute and numerous K-9 Teams
  • To date, 4.6 square miles (over 3,000 acres) have been searched since Summer went missing.
Wow! I'm trying to think when the last time a search for a missing child was that huge.

I agree with you that she wouldn't get far into the woods on her own. Still, LE is doing grid searches like Summer's life depends on it.

Maybe someone put her in there. Maybe suspicious digital activity brings them there. Maybe they've already found something that keeps them looking there.

Yes I'm wondering about what "digital evidence" they found.

The lost ones speak to me. This rolled out just this way just this quickly so here it is; from me to Summer

It seems no one was around
And this baby can't be found,
Where she's gone to
No one really knows.
Now a summer moon shines down
Where Summer Moon cannot be found
And the sadness in our hearts
Just grows and grows.

Sweet sweet Summer, Summer Moon
Just disappeared this June,
In a moment she was there
Then she was gone.
We think of her every day,
Let her come home safe we pray.
Summer Moon won't you please,
Please come back home.
Please come back home.

I wonder how it went from walk to planting flowers? Interesting.
They planted flowers together - did not walk! Summer left and went back to the house- it is easy to forget about time when you are busy doing things! She could have left much earlier I agree! Did someone run after her to search and call her name?
I just cannot believe she would be gone far in such a short time !
My question is who was visiting that day?
Some one could have come back with a no good intent!
MOP only!

The lost ones speak to me. This rolled out just this way just this quickly so here it is; from me to Summer

Where's she's gone to
No one really knows.
Just grows and grows.

Then she was gone.
Please come back home.
Please come back home.
"Like" X 1000

They planted flowers together - did not walk! Summer left and went back to the house- it is easy to forget about time when you are busy doing things! She could have left much earlier I agree! Did someone run after her to search and call her name?
I just cannot believe she would be gone far in such a short time !
My question is who was visiting that day?
Some one could have come back with a no good intent!
MOP only!
Yes, how many people were present at Grandma's trailer during the flower planting time? And who were they, if it's OK to ask...

Last edited:
I love the way Nick brought Summer as a real person to us when he talked about her haircut and said something like "Doesn't she seem like a tomboy?"

Just little comments like that make Summer more real. Now if she would only be brought home.

I respect that. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on why the timeline is so horribly muddled, though. Either the family members who were there saw her at a certain time or they didn't. They either know when they last saw her, or they don't. If they don't, wouldn't they tell LE enforcement that ? Maybe Grandma wasn't paying attention, maybe Mom took a walk or fell asleep or who knows what...but why not be forthcoming about it ? Or do you think the family members were being forthcoming and maybe there's some other reason for the inconsistent timeline.

Not trying to put you on the spot or anything, I'm just genuinely curious if you have any thoughts about that.
My personal feelings about why details regarding time frame coming from the family is all messed up is that they’re confused as well, or at least were at the start. In the beginning it may have been because everything would’ve been frantic and they could’ve been repeating wrongly misunderstood information from each other. Adding onto that, mom grandma and dad may have had less of a clear idea of when she was last seen than they wanted to portray, fearing that it would look like neglect. If that’s the case I’m not condoning them fudging on when they last saw her - the most important thing should be to be honest and deal with any fallout later, but just another possible reason why things seem so confusing. Then we also have news stations repeating information from early on (including differing information regarding the timeline) and it’s all still coming out as a mess. Ect.
All of that could turn out to not be the case. It’s just a feeling I have for now.

Yes, how many people were present at Grandma's trailer during the flower planting time? And who were they, if it's OK to ask...
Exactly ! No one spoke about visitors at all- not that I have heard or read ! And this knowledge could be a big clue!
Like some members say: The simplest explanation is usually the right one!

I love the way Nick brought Summer as a real person to us when he talked about her haircut and said something like "Doesn't she seem like a tomboy?"

Just little comments like that make Summer more real. Now if she would only be brought home.

A poster here said Summer reminded them of Pippi Longstocking , and it just brought a huge smile to my face. She really does come across as just this cute little ball of free-spirited energy. I think I would have instantly adored her. And then found myself exhausted by her. And then adored her even more. :)

HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. (WJHL) — A release from Incident Commander Tim Coup says crews are “scaling back search operations” for Summer Wells, the 5-year-old from Hawkins County who has been missing since June 15.
Snipped for focused reply and BBM.
We knew if she wasn't found today this would be the outcome. Dang it!

Her father seems *adamant* that someone took Summer. He must have a good reason to believe that, and I"d like to know what that is.

While I'm not discounting any reasonable theory, I do know kids do things they "never would", such as wander off in to the woods. Based on the searches I have participated in, I can say it's my experience that you can step right over things and not see them outdoors. Happens frequently.
Personally, I wouldn't stop vigorously searching the woods, and farther out than the current search radius.

BTW - one of our Canadian sleuthers needs to give the reporter a geography lesson. ; )

Amateur opinion and speculation

Last edited:
He was at work. I'm assuming he's only telling what was told to him.
Then why not clear it up during one of his interviews? He knows, (based on what his wife has told him) and his wife knows, what time she was last seen and where she was when last seen. They should both be aware that LE has stated they are unclear of the circumstances surrounding Summer’s disappearance. I’m curious as to why this has not been addressed by DW (he has been the most vocal) or CW.

New to this case. I've read just about every post on all of the boards. I can't find anything about the grandmother and she would have had a front row seat to this situation if Summer disappeared soon after planting flowers with her and her mother. Was the g'ma at the vigil? Has she done a public plea for the return of her grandbaby in the absence of the mother being able to? It's odd to me (just odd, don't read nefarious things into it) that the dad had a child (the son) on TV with him as support instead of the g'ma, or his wife, or another adult. The dad certainly wouldn't need the child with him to protect him from the media (ie. hard questions) as the dad is in no way thought to be involved & the media is being very kind and helpful to him.

My thinking is the son might be so scared and may feel more secure if he is with his dad.

Where she's gone to
No one really knows.
Just grows and grows.

Then she was gone.
Please come back home.
Please come back home.

So beautiful.

You are very talented.

Not sure if this description of the red truck has been posted..apologies if it has...

“We have been working around the clock to identify anyone who may have been in the area around the time 5-year-old Summer Wells disappeared to determine what they may have seen or heard, no matter how insignificant it may have seemed to them at the time. Every detail is important,” officials said.

The driver was in a pickup truck, either a red or maroon Toyota Tacoma from the late ‘90s or 2000 with a full bed ladder rack along with white buckets in the truck bed.

Tennessee investigators searching for ‘potential witness’ near disappearance of missing 5-year-old Summer Wells
I did some research on these trucks.

The Toyota Tacoma was introduced in 1995, and the predecessor was simply Toyota Pickup. Up through 2004, "first generation Tacoma" these are classified as compact trucks, and from 2005 to current midsize trucks. I found two exterior colors that could be called red and maroon in every year.

Beginning with 1987, the black steering wheel was replaced with a color to match the interiors grey, red, brown or blue. At some point in the 1990s (unsure, could be 1995 with new Tacoma branding) these interiors were discontinued and only grey or tan was available 1998-2001, then a dark charcoal grey or light grey for 2002-2003 where I stopped searching.

Exterior colors:
Cardinal Red 3H7 (bright red)
1995-1997,1999,2000
Sunfire Red Pearl 3K4 (maroon)
1995-2000
Radiant Red 3L5 (very bright red)
2001-2004
Impulse Red Pearl 3P1 (deep red)
2001-2004

This information was taken from long Wikipedia articles and other links and images or it is JMO.

1995 Toyota Tacoma - Wikipedia
Pre-1995 Toyota Hilux - Wikipedia
Colors per Wikipedia, iseecars.com and for example
2000 Toyota Tacoma Color Options - CarsDirect

Of course the public is not told why LE chose those model years. I was actually curious about interiors on these compact trucks. For example did the witness see a red steering wheel or red seatbelt strap across the driver? Those items might date the truck as a slightly older model. The lettering on the tailgate has also changed dramatically from giant letters in the 1980s to modern small circumspect letters.

All JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member