SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an opinion in regard to that statement that there are ‘no enemies.’

I think this family’s power, wealth, and prominence created this false narrative in their minds.

I’m sure everyone at the Yacht Club wanted to be their ‘friend’, be invited to their parties, benefit if they could from the social connection.

And the’ little people’ who worked for them or waited on them in shops and restaurants..,probably smiled and appeared just delighted to serve them.

But what we are seeing in anonymous comments across the internet is a lot of pent-up animosity…whether deserved or not.

I think it really came to a head with MB’s death. I think there had been gossip about SS but now there was no escaping that a Murdaugh was actually involved in this girl’s death. And whether his hands were on the throttle or not, his drunken behavior was odious. Maybe too many locals had run into ‘Timmy?”

And suddenly the outrage merged. The suspicion of the housekeeper’s death could be thrown in to add fuel to fire. People could see what looked like special treatment, whether the family managed it legally or not. PM was just the carefree college kid…still driving the boat…still able to travel..fun times!

I doubt anyone confronted the family over this…they just continued to think they were well-liked, PM was so popular, they all had so many friends. IMO they must be stunned at how others perceived them…going back years.

But these murders, whether related or random, have now burst that protective bubble…obviously not at first, when they gave that interview. But they can read these articles, the quotes, the disdain. I think they must be stunned.

And sadly, no matter how nice MM was…she was part of all this alleged unfairness and special privilege. There may have been equal anger at her if the killings were related to these events/rumors from the past.

All just opinion, of course.
Excellent post!!

I thought the M's had hired a publicist ? This article says September 30th.

Murdaugh family offers $100K reward for info leading to murder suspect arrest, conviction
Could someone please explain this deadline to me?

Answered my own question.

How it Works - Crime Stoppers of Minnesota.

Crime stoppers has a 90 day window.

However, Mardaugh's have their own money they should never have a ending "window." They can do it how they want.

I'm still shaking my head.

No big mystery. There’s concern in many cases that people with information sit back and wait for rewards to grow before passing on tips. Why collect $5000 when next week you can get $10,000 for the same story? But if there’s an expiration date for the reward, informants know they can’t wait forever. Only question I have is why the reward doesn’t expire at the end of July.

Answered my own question.

How it Works - Crime Stoppers of Minnesota.

Crime stoppers has a 90 day window.

However, Mardaugh's have their own money they should never have a ending "window." They can do it how they want.

I'm still shaking my head.

That's how Crime Stoppers works - when a monetary reward is offered, the M's wouldn't have enough resources to field all of the "tips" that will come in nor would LE. So Crime Stoppers will field and document the calls and pass the credible ones along to LE.
There is a contract involved but I think it is renewable after 90 days.

Court mediation fails and 3 days later these people are killed. If it wasn't a couple of drunk hooligans (rebel rousers) who did this, I believe it had something to do with that boat accident. I don't think it was connected to Steven Smith.
Since it failed and they were headed to trial. Beach family would want the trial. They wanted justice. Marduagh's wouldnt want the trial. MOO

A trial would bring so much hidden information out from cracks and crevices.

Since it failed and they were headed to trial. Beach family would want the trial. They wanted justice. Marduagh's wouldnt want the trial. MOO

A trial would bring so much hidden information out from cracks and crevices.
I see it the opposite. I imagine the Marduaghs would feel right at home going to trial. In fact, I suspect they would feel supremely confident, in their element. They might have refused to compromise or settle because they were positive they’d win. Others may have found that emotionally disturbing that they lacked empathy to just settle. IMHO.

Who insisted that all of them take the boat down to Beaufort so he could go drinking ? Who said as reported in multiple depositions that he was the only one to drive the boat because he knew the river so well ? Any jury with any sense would convict Paul.

JMO

You can hear people in the recording telling Paul to get a handle on the boat.

I see it the opposite. I imagine the Marduaghs would feel right at home going to trial. In fact, I suspect they would feel supremely confident, in their element. They might have refused to compromise or settle because they were positive they’d win. Others may have found that emotionally disturbing that they lacked empathy to just settle. IMHO.
The M family would also have the financial and legal resources to potentially bury a Plaintiff's attorney with less resources to draw from, IMO.

We don't know PM's whereabouts in the days up to and including 6/7. Maybe he made a trip to his apartment at school to retrieve something or meet up with someone from the area. He could have been under the influence or distracted and neglected to make sure the door latched when he left or he was there with someone who left after he did and they didn't close the door when they left.

MOO

I think they'd be amenable to settling now (the M's) Lots of bad stuff coming out from which they may never recover. It's bad enough they've already lost two family members.

Is “Randy M” = AM ? IIRC Alex is his middle name …

The neighbor’s line about MM being drug out or whatever … if there was evidence of that, would LE have just said there’s no threat & kept it on DL for a week ?

Just can’t wrap head around how this went from LE acting like a it was a no-brainer to a soap opera….
Did LE first think it was domestic & then change course?
Is LE even speaking on it, or is this all media gossip & leaks from AM’s attys ?
Maybe LE still thinks domestic & family is just trying to spin away … is there reward other than what’s put up by the family?
Sorry haven’t been following!

Is “Randy M” = AM ? IIRC Alex is his middle name …

The neighbor’s line about MM being drug out or whatever … if there was evidence of that, would LE have just said there’s no threat & kept it on DL for a week ?

Just can’t wrap head around how this went from LE acting like a it was a no-brainer to a soap opera….
Did LE first think it was domestic & then change course?
Is LE even speaking on it, or is this all media gossip & leaks from AM’s attys ?
Maybe LE still thinks domestic & family is just trying to spin away … is there reward other than what’s put up by the family?
Sorry haven’t been following!

No ... Randy is Randolph Murdaugh IV. AM is Richard Alexander Murdaugh, Randolph's brother.

Last edited:
No ... Randy is Randolph Murdaugh IV. AM is Richard Alexander Murdaugh, Randolph's brother.

ah thanks - so the uncle of the Murdaugh boys allegedly “told” a caller to report his stepson as having killed SS…

I wonder if this is supposed to mean “told him to” like as an atty giving advice, or a respected community leader saying you have to report the truth even if you don’t want to for the sake of justice …

or on the other hand “told him to” as in demanded his stepson take the fall for bad behavior implicitly by M boys…

ah thanks - so the uncle of the Murdaugh boys allegedly “told” a caller to report his stepson as having killed SS…

I wonder if this is supposed to mean “told him to” like as an atty giving advice, or a respected community leader saying you have to report the truth even if you don’t want to for the sake of justice …

or on the other hand “told him to” as in demanded his stepson take the fall for bad behavior implicitly by M boys…
Or to misdirect LE

Just wondering…if all these rumors are true..which I must emphasize…we don’t know at this time…but just speculating…think how MANY others in that town must have gone along over the years, been paid off, assisted them in cover-ups etc.

Lots of people would have a lot to lose in those circumstances. Just speculation, but if true…that adds significantly to the suspect list.

Imagine someone who felt pressured at some point to help this rich family, and now feared they’d personally lose everything.

just speculation…

I have an opinion in regard to that statement that there are ‘no enemies.’

I think this family’s power, wealth, and prominence created this false narrative in their minds.

I’m sure everyone at the Yacht Club wanted to be their ‘friend’, be invited to their parties, benefit if they could from the social connection.

And the’ little people’ who worked for them or waited on them in shops and restaurants..,probably smiled and appeared just delighted to serve them.

But what we are seeing in anonymous comments across the internet is a lot of pent-up animosity…whether deserved or not.

I think it really came to a head with MB’s death. I think there had been gossip about SS but now there was no escaping that a Murdaugh was actually involved in this girl’s death. And whether his hands were on the throttle or not, his drunken behavior was odious. Maybe too many locals had run into ‘Timmy?”

And suddenly the outrage merged. The suspicion of the housekeeper’s death could be thrown in to add fuel to fire. People could see what looked like special treatment, whether the family managed it legally or not. PM was just the carefree college kid…still driving the boat…still able to travel..fun times!

I doubt anyone confronted the family over this…they just continued to think they were well-liked, PM was so popular, they all had so many friends. IMO they must be stunned at how others perceived them…going back years.

But these murders, whether related or random, have now burst that protective bubble…obviously not at first, when they gave that interview. But they can read these articles, the quotes, the disdain. I think they must be stunned.

And sadly, no matter how nice MM was…she was part of all this alleged unfairness and special privilege. There may have been equal anger at her if the killings were related to these events/rumors from the past.

All just opinion, of course.

Spot on. Many are intimidated to voice opinion on the powerful when no one else is but come more than a few and the pent up animosity unleashes. Human nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member