CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I immediately had the same thought as you when I heard the terrible news.

3rd ETA: I’ll put this in quotes as it’s too long. There are two condos owned by Honey (& multiple trustees), and Mary (& multiple trustees) that are on the same street as the catastrophe.

View attachment 302144
Arivify.com - Property search website

I recall at least one other condo in that area, but I cannot find it.
Ditto! Immediately thought of the S's.
Different condo?
The house Honey and Barry Sherman would have built
''The Bernard Sherman Family Trust, of which Honey is a trustee, bought a property in Sunny Isles Beach, Fla., six years ago. The property was granted to the family trust for $10, according to a warranty deed from 2011.

A previous real estate listing for the unit, on the 34th floor of a 37-storey beachfront condominium, includes sprawling ocean views, statues on the porch and floor-to-ceiling windows.

A neighbour in Florida, Mikhail Pikover, told the Star that the couple was very quiet and nice, but only came to their place there twice a year. The Shermans weren’t conversation starters, he said, and they liked to keep to themselves.

He said the pair didn’t flaunt their wealth, and seemed to live a simple life. Pikover said he spoke to Honey shortly before she died — an uncomplicated conversation about how the renovation of their unit was finally finished.''

3rd ETA: I’ll put this in quotes as it’s too long. There are two condos owned by Honey (& multiple trustees), and Mary (& multiple trustees) that are on the same street as the catastrophe.

View attachment 302144

The Sherman/Schechtman condos were in a different building than the one that collapsed. Not very close at all, but both on Collins ave.

View attachment 302144

The Sherman/Schechtman condos were in a different building than the one that collapsed. Not very close at all, but both on Collins ave.

Here is another deviation off-topic, but it concerns Apotex, so it may be significant in a way. For a year now I've been on prescription pills I take two, twice a day. A 3-month supply costs over $1000, plus dispensing fee, but my senior's government coverage knocks that down to $4.11, or I would certainly not be taking them. I just picked up another batch and it was $775 + dispensing fee (I paid $4.11). The pills are made by Apotex, so I hate to imagine how much they would be from Big Pharma. But the fact there was such a price drop under the new management makes me wonder how these prices are set. No wonder Barry Sherman was a billionaire.

from $1000 to $4 for your prescription..... that needs alot more color.

my understanding is that Apotex doesn't make much money per prescription UNLESS they have successfully challenged a patent. so they are like a 2nd brand-name provider of an expensive drug.

of course, over massive volumes of low margin products they make good money...... and when they challenge lucrative patents they can point to all the good they do for society providing billions of prescriptions very cheaply

my understanding is that Apotex doesn't make much money per prescription UNLESS they have successfully challenged a patent. so they are like a 2nd brand-name provider of an expensive drug.
I pay $4.11 per prescription with my Ontario seniors drug coverage, with $100 deductible per year. What I was saying was that the actual cost of the Apotex drug dropped from $1143.46 to $775.70, which is why I wondered what happened and if it has anything to do with management change. That's a huge amount and I doubt it'd due to a sudden drop in cost of production. There's a lot if shenahnigans and corruption in the drug business.

I pay $4.11 per prescription with my Ontario seniors drug coverage, with $100 deductible per year. What I was saying was that the actual cost of the Apotex drug dropped from $1143.46 to $775.70, which is why I wondered what happened and if it has anything to do with management change. That's a huge amount and I doubt it'd due to a sudden drop in cost of production. There's a lot if shenahnigans and corruption in the drug business.

The price of generic drugs is often based on competition with other generic brands.

While this article is based in the US, it explains how fluctuation in prices happen. It’d be very surprised if the Sherman children, as Apotex shareholders, are involved in managing pricing decisions as the company employs a CEO/President and various other SVPs/executive officers, each with extensive backgrounds in the pharmaceutical industry. Apotex is far beyond what’s often described as a “mom and pop-type shop” where the owners play an important role in running day-to-day business matters.
December 2019

Our Leadership

This interview with AK was from July/19. At the time she expressed fear for her personally safety so I think it’d be quite reasonable for her husband to have applied for the sealing order on her behalf.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/national-alexandra-krawczyk-barry-honey-sherman-1.5178096
“Alexandra Krawczyk was paralyzed by fear after her billionaire parents, Barry and Honey Sherman, were murdered.

"I couldn't leave my home for months because I was too scared," Krawczyk says.

She's still afraid, knowing police have yet to make any arrests in the shocking case. But she refuses to let it deter her from ensuring the community projects in which her parents invested millions will keep going.

"We don't know where the next target is, right? It's an alarming situation, and I feel that I do have to be on guard. But that's not going to stop me from doing important work."….

……She says she continues to worry about her personal safety and the safety of her family as police hunt for leads in the killings. Outside investigators have also been conducting a parallel investigation.….”
I have never understood this. Why would AK have anything to fear - unless she thought it was JS.. Idk, maybe she really does think it was him. But even then, I think she’d have probably suspected the motive was more personal than inheritance. I just don’t see JS or another sibling being a threat to AK. Seems there was more than enough money for all (would you murder somebody because you didn’t think 2 billion was enough?)

AK was essentially worth 1/4 of BS’s assets before the murders - just as she was worth 1/4 of BS’s assets after the murders. So If somebody wanted to murder her for money (either for overall wealth or for future inheritance), why would it matter to them if they did it before or after BS and HS were murdered?

If the motive for BS and HS’s murders was revenge / hate, why would AK think she could be next? She had nothing to do with BS’s business or money. She had nothing to do with Apotex. She had nothing to do with the cousins. Again, did she think one of her siblings would think that 2 billion was not enough, and that they would soon come after her? I just think that’s unlikely. Now.. it might be different if she perhaps thought she possessed evidence that could implicate somebody.

So the only reason I can see for her to be afraid was if she truly thought the motive was inheritance. If it was, then she (and maybe two other siblings) would have had something to fear. But I personally don’t think the motive was inheritance (unless it was an associate of a sibling who would stand to indirectly benefit). But maybe I’m missing something. All jmo

Last edited:
I have never understood this. Why would AK have anything to fear - unless she thought it was JS.. Idk, maybe she really does think it was him. But even then, I think she’d have probably suspected the motive was more personal than inheritance. I just don’t see JS or another sibling being a threat to AK. Seems there was more than enough money for all (would you murder somebody because you didn’t think 2 billion was enough?)

AK was essentially worth 1/4 of BS’s assets before the murders - just as she was worth 1/4 of BS’s assets after the murders. So If somebody wanted to murder her for money (either for overall wealth or for future inheritance), why would it matter to them if they did it before or after BS and HS were murdered?

If the motive for BS and HS’s murders was revenge / hate, why would AK think she could be next? She had nothing to do with BS’s business or money. She had nothing to do with Apotex. She had nothing to do with the cousins. Again, did she think one of her siblings would think that 2 billion was not enough, and that they would soon come after her? I just think that’s unlikely. Now.. it might be different if she perhaps thought she possessed evidence that could implicate somebody.

So the only reason I can see for her to be afraid was if she truly thought the motive was inheritance. If it was, then she (and maybe two other siblings) would have had something to fear. But I personally don’t think the motive was inheritance (unless it was an associate of a sibling who would stand to indirectly benefit). But maybe I’m missing something. All jmo

What threat or risk AK 'feels' does not have to be based on logic or reality. Her parents were murdered by persons unknown for no obvious reason. That alone would make most people fearful.

What threat or risk AK 'feels' does not have to be based on logic or reality. Her parents were murdered by persons unknown for no obvious reason. That alone would make most people fearful.

Agreed! And we have no clue how many people called/emailed/reached out to AK the day of the murders, nor what was said to her by family and friends, maybe some attention-seeking idiot sent a message that frightened her. I read an article or post years ago that she was friendly with the GTA (Jewish) family whose mother was murdered in Florida, that daughter told her to get a lawyer and start investigating on their own stat.

This family was always very quiet, hard-working, and kept to their own business, we did not see them plastered all over the media and telling us about their life, why would we expect that to change because the parents were murdered? Logic is that you would retreat even more and say even less now that the spotlight is on you with a huge microscope and every online sleuth is giving our 2 cents or view/opinion. Every word can and will be turned/used to meet whoever's agenda.

If my parents were murdered, let alone is such an "arranged" positioning - knowing the individual(s) that did this have evil running through their veins, no respect for human life or decency and you have no clue why they would do this - I would be very scared and untrusting of everyone.

Agreed! And we have no clue how many people called/emailed/reached out to AK the day of the murders, nor what was said to her by family and friends, maybe some attention-seeking idiot sent a message that frightened her. I read an article or post years ago that she was friendly with the GTA (Jewish) family whose mother was murdered in Florida, that daughter told her to get a lawyer and start investigating on their own stat.

This family was always very quiet, hard-working, and kept to their own business, we did not see them plastered all over the media and telling us about their life, why would we expect that to change because the parents were murdered? Logic is that you would retreat even more and say even less now that the spotlight is on you with a huge microscope and every online sleuth is giving our 2 cents or view/opinion. Every word can and will be turned/used to meet whoever's agenda.

If my parents were murdered, let alone is such an "arranged" positioning - knowing the individual(s) that did this have evil running through their veins, no respect for human life or decency and you have no clue why they would do this - I would be very scared and untrusting of everyone.
Have posted about this couple on the Sherman thread several times, is it this case?
FL - FL - David 'Donny' Pichosky, 71, & Rochelle Wise, 66, Hallandale Beach, 10 Jan 2013

ETA, LE have DNA and cctv in the above murders, apparently all women.
Perhaps unlikely, but it would be interesting if the DNA was compared to anything possibly found in the Sherman home, imo.

Last edited:

I’ve no idea what specifically she’d be fearful of aside from the ongoing publicity which no doubt negatively impacts each of the children’s private lives. It it can’t be about JK, as trustee and beneficiary he was directly involved in the estate file so she’d be fully aware sealing it from the public wouldn’t hide anything from him especially as her husband was another trustee.

This is the first murder case in Canada where I ever recall the media publicly releasing specific details regarding Wills of the victims. It would seem logical LE always investigates anyone who stands to gain financially first. If for every homicide the Will became public knowledge, exactly who got what, in most cases I’d think that would cause the tragedy of the murder combined with published inheritances doubly difficult for the family members to face during their grieving process because of the speculation from strangers that’s bound to occur.

Last edited:
Have posted about this couple on the Sherman thread several times, is it this case?
FL - FL - David 'Donny' Pichosky, 71, & Rochelle Wise, 66, Hallandale Beach, 10 Jan 2013

ETA, LE have DNA and cctv in the above murders, apparently all women.
Perhaps unlikely, but it would be interesting if the DNA was compared to anything possibly found in the Sherman home, imo.
Yes, this is the one. Thank you dotr! And yes agreed, no one said heartless or hired killers had to be male.

of course, over massive volumes of low margin products they make good money...... and when they challenge lucrative patents they can point to all the good they do for society providing billions of prescriptions very cheaply

many times a bran

Challenging patents is only a small part of the revenue success. More frequently, when brand products come off patent (ie the patent expires) Apo and other generic manufacturers immediately launch generic versions at significantly lower prices. The brand manufacturer has to match, or faces significant market share losses.

I’ve no idea what specifically she’d be fearful of aside from the ongoing publicity which no doubt negatively impacts each of the children’s private lives. It it can’t be about JK, as trustee and beneficiary he was directly involved in the estate file so she’d be fully aware sealing it from the public wouldn’t hide anything from him especially as her husband was another trustee.

This is the first murder case in Canada where I ever recall the media publicly releasing specific details regarding Wills of the victims. It would seem logical LE always investigates anyone who stands to gain financially first. If for every homicide the Will became public knowledge, exactly who got what, in most cases I’d think that would cause the tragedy of the murder combined with published inheritances doubly difficult for the family members to face during their grieving process because of the speculation from strangers that’s bound to occur.

Oland murder was the same in that I believe that details of the beneficiaries were made public and reported on

Oland murder was the same in that I believe that details of the beneficiaries were made public and reported on

I think you’re recalling the gist of the Prosecution’s theory, that D’s over-extended financial situation was involved in the motive and he was a beneficiary of his fathers Will. However I can find nowhere that specific details of the father’s Will was reported separately by the media and I followed that case closely as well. If you have a link of any victim’s Will obtained and reported by the media, particularly in cases where charges haven’t been laid involving anything connected to a Will, I sure don’t mind being proven wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members