AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some are having a hard time with the timeline, i agree. Some say in the panic of what's happening and things may get mixed up, this, i disagree. In my experience and in other cases, the majority (innocent) know every detail of that day, it will be etched on your brain forever, it will play out in your head over and over again, it will be in your nightmares. As time passes tiny little minute things will pop into your head that you forgot, but, as for the timeline that should never waver. There maybe exceptions however, but, they a very rare, very rare.

The timeline:

The pieces of the timeline being put together by posters in this thread are not all coming from the same source. A chunk of it is coming from the dad in the first interview he did on tv, in which he reiterated the story about planting flowers, going in the door, being seen by brothers going down to the basement, and then the basement door being unlocked.

The second piece of this timeline comes from a POLICE SCANNER. So someone called 911 and told a dispatcher that Summer was missing. This person could've been Candus or Don, we DO NOT KNOW. It also could've been a neighbor for all we know, or grandma. Then the dispatcher took that info and turned around and SUMMARIZED the situation to police, during which she said that Mom went for a walk. This was not a recording of what one parent told 911, it was literally a game of telephone in which the dispatcher turns around and recounts, in shorthand, to the police, what is happening and the reason for the dispatch. This to me is nothing. It is not real evidence of anything.

The third piece of this timeline comes from LESLIE, during her press conference on Thursday, in which she is asked the same question twice and is very obviously trying to only reiterate what has already been stated in previous statements to the public and not release new information. She REITERATES the story about planting flowers but when pressed, by two different reporters at two different moments, she again tries to summarize what happened and states that Summer was last seen "early afternoon" and the missing call to 911 came in around 6:30. Again, she is, in my opinion, VERY CLEARLY trying to avoid giving specifics here for her own reasons but when she resummarizes the situation, she uses a new phrase that sets the public off on a tizzy. I doubt that was her intention here. If you don't agree, please go back and actually watch the entire press conference from Thursday afternoon, in its full context, so you actually understand the circumstances in which Leslie used the phrase "early afternoon."

We are piecing info together from all these different sources and trying to make this mean that the timeline is muddled. Of course, it's muddled! It's all coming from different people, different contexts, etc. This would be a red flag if these were ALL interviews with the same parent over the course of several days and the parent gave these differing accounts each time he or she were interviewed, but that is not the case here.

IMO, wayyyy too much is being made of these discrepancies.

The timeline:

The pieces of the timeline being put together by posters in this thread are not all coming from the same source. A chunk of it is coming from the dad in the first interview he did on tv, in which he reiterated the story about planting flowers, going in the door, being seen by brothers going down to the basement, and then the basement door being unlocked.

The second piece of this timeline comes from a POLICE SCANNER. So someone called 911 and told a dispatcher that Summer was missing. This person could've been Candus or Don, we DO NOT KNOW. It also could've been a neighbor for all we know, or grandma. Then the dispatcher took that info and turned around and SUMMARIZED the situation to police, during which she said that Mom went for a walk. This was not a recording of what one parent told 911, it was literally a game of telephone in which the dispatcher turns around and recounts, in shorthand, to the police, what is happening and the reason for the dispatch. This to me is nothing. It is not real evidence of anything.

The third piece of this timeline comes from LESLIE, during her press conference on Thursday, in which she is asked the same question twice and is very obviously trying to only reiterate what has already been stated in previous statements to the public and not release new information. She REITERATES the story about planting flowers but when pressed, by two different reporters at two different moments, she again tries to summarize what happened and states that Summer was last seen "early afternoon" and the missing call to 911 came in around 6:30. Again, she is, in my opinion, VERY CLEARLY trying to avoid giving specifics here for her own reasons but when she resummarizes the situation, she uses a new phrase that sets the public off on a tizzy. I doubt that was her intention here. If you don't agree, please go back and actually watch the entire press conference from Thursday afternoon, in its full context, so you actually understand the circumstances in which Leslie used the phrase "early afternoon."

We are piecing info together from all these different sources and trying to make this mean that the timeline is muddled. Of course, it's muddled! It's all coming from different people, different contexts, etc. This would be a red flag if these were ALL interviews with the same parent over the course of several days and the parent gave these differing accounts each time he or she were interviewed, but that is not the case here.

The reason for the discrepancies and why we are querying them actually came from Leslie herself. If you go back to the !ST press conference Leslie said Summer was last seen by one of the boys shortly before the call to despatch came in. In the conference you mentioned this has now changed to "early afternoon" so forgive us for finding that somewhat contradictory.

I think there are regional & cultural differences in how we express hope and grief: T-shirts, “in memory of” car decals, wreaths, candles, crafts, social media profile avatars, charity races, and color-coded ribbons, bracelets, and porch lights. One person’s “creepy” or “bizarre” is another’s source of comfort.

The reason for the discrepancies and why we are querying them actually came from Leslie herself. If you go back to the !ST press conference Leslie said Summer was last seen by one of the boys shortly before the call to despatch came in. In the conference you mentioned this has now changed to "early afternoon" so forgive us for finding that somewhat contradictory.

But the context in which she says "early afternoon" is important, and that context is being lost. Listening to what she said, I did not get the impression that it was contradictory at all. I thought she was summarizing information, she had stated the same story like 8 times and was getting questions about the same stuff she'd already said, and just shortened the response. I think people parsing that are going off on a hunt that is going to lead nowhere.

And no, it did not all come from Leslie. It came from the different sources I stated in my post.

But the context in which she says "early afternoon" is important, and that context is being lost. Listening to what she said, I did not get the impression that it was contradictory at all. I thought she was summarizing information, she had stated the same story like 8 times and was getting questions about the same stuff she'd already said, and just shortened the response. I think people parsing that are going off on a hunt that is going to lead nowhere.

And no, it did not all come from Leslie. It came from the different sources I stated in my post.
Do you consider 6 pm later afternoon or early just for reference? I'm aware of all DW's interviews. I was quoting the official version i.e. Leslie's as I do find it problematic.

The timeline:

I agree. In many of the cases I have followed over the years, there are discrepancies in the media that LE doesn't correct unless it's their mistake. And that usually happens early on when they believe the public needs to know a mistake has been made.

I can't remember the last time they corrected a statement from a witness or a family member. I imagine that sometimes the contradictions work to their advantage.

We're also approaching that time in a case when LE stops giving daily or bi-weekly updates. They begin to keep details to themselves when someone is not found quickly or the searches wind down. And it was just announced that searches are only going to occur if they have a lead.

They may say that this case is not normal and they have no idea what has happened to Summer but that may not be the case at all.

It's frustrating but it is the natural course of many cases.

Well, from what I've seen, rewards aren't something that happen overnight. They come WAY down the line after appropriate investigation, arrest, etc.

I think DW probably WAS at work when Summer disappeared, but just because no co-worker has been awarded doesn't mean no one has contradicted his story.

We just don't know, yet.

My comment wasn't meant to imply reward money would be instantly handed out. My point was... if DW wasn't at work that day, neither his employer nor his coworkers are going to sit back and let him continue making that claim. Throw the $50k on top and they would definitely come forward.

So... if we can reasonably assume they would officially contradict DWs claims (again, he has been making the same claim since Day 1), logic dictates...

#1: LE would have been ALL OVER that.

#2: DW would no longer be working for Tucker Drywall. Aside from the moral aspect, it's just bad business to employ someone who publicly lied about where they were when their daughter came up missing. Business is built on reputation. A business owner would not put their livelihood on the line for DW.

IMO

Some are having a hard time with the timeline, i agree. Some say in the panic of what's happening and things may get mixed up, this, i disagree. In my experience and in other cases, the majority (innocent) know every detail of that day, it will be etched on your brain forever, it will play out in your head over and over again, it will be in your nightmares. As time passes tiny little minute things will pop into your head that you forgot, but, as for the timeline that should never waver. There maybe exceptions however, but, they a very rare, very rare.
The reason I said in the panic of the moment is there may be numerous reasons for the lack of clarity. The families lifestyle is so far removed from what I know, being in the UK.

I agree compared to other cases, that is why I am finding it hard, but I'm trying to consider all possibilites. There are prescritption meds and other substances that can mess with your concept of time and reality, as an example only.

I know what my gut says but we will have to wait and see

The reason I said in the panic of the moment is there may be numerous reasons for the lack of clarity. The families lifestyle is so far removed from what I know, being in the UK.

I agree compared to other cases, that is why I am finding it hard, but I'm trying to consider all possibilites. There are prescritpion meds and other substances that can mess with your concept of time and reality, as an example only.

I know what my gut says but we will have to wait and see

BBM

I hear you. I'm from the UK, too.

Assessing a timeline is rule 101 in missing person cases. Simple as that.

No argument here. But the assessment of the timeline should include some fuller context. Here's where this piece of the timeline came from. Here's why this person said it this way. Etc. It's not inked in history as accurate because it was reported that way in the media.

One of the major rules of this website is that it's victim-friendly. This particular line of sleuthing is about the parents, neither of which have been named POIs or suspects, so I personally find it pretty problematic.

The sleuthing is about the timeline, and what we have been told by LE, what has been published in the media, from police dispatch and what we have been told by DW.

It's like being stuck on day one, we have nothing more. We're all here to help, we have no named POI or many details to go on. So when after 2 weeks the details of her disappearance are still unclear, we are going to try and understand why.

Mod Note:

As long as posts are relevant to information supplied by LE or MSM and remain victim friendly they can be discussed. It is natural that posters are drawn to differing information at varying points in time through out a case. Please avoid telling posters what they should or shouldn’t focus on. Our unique filters, experiences and perspectives are all welcomed.

It is very hard at this point in a case when so little is made public. We should have faith however with so many agencies involved in this case that everything is being looked at and while the public may not know pieces of the timeline LE is all over it.

May LE get ever closer to the answers they seek and find Summer.

Tiff

It's frustrating for the public, but 'mum's the word' with most LE departments and agencies now days. Everything is on a need-to-know basis.

I know better to take LE silence or trickle of info as a solid indication of where the case stands for them. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288