Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #5

Is this case still open? I'm still not convinced they have the right guy for this

The FBI reported they were waiting on certain outstanding reports to officially close the case. Reports that will not change their evidence or opinion.

Do you not believe Taylor involved at all in Faye's murder? On what basis?

^^RSBM and from the link:

Nearly a year later, Cayce DPS Chief Byron Snellgrove said the investigation is still open.

"There's still some evidence that's out there that we have not received reports on, that's still being looked at. And once we receive that, we'll close the case. I don't think that there's anything out there that's going to change any opinion of what we have on the case, or any outcome of the case," said Snellgrove.

Authorities said 30-year-old Coty Taylor, a neighbor, was responsible for Faye's death. Taylor was found dead in his home and investigators ruled it a suicide.

Is this case still open? I'm still not convinced they have the right guy for this

Who is Coty Scott Taylor? | wcnc.com
Feb 18, 2020

CAYCE, S.C. — Cayce investigators now say Coty Scott Taylor, 30, is responsible for killing Faye Swetlik, the South Carolina girl who was found dead in the woods near her home.

On Tuesday, February 18, investigators said DNA evidence linked him to the crime. They said he killed the little girl hours after abducting her, then killed himself by cutting his neck nearly three days later.

It's pretty difficult to dispute DNA from a 30-year-old man when connected to a missing 6-year-old child.

I think it is his manner of death that makes me doubt he commited suicide.. I feel he was murdered. JMO

There was something about his roommate but I am not sure I can talk about it here. I do think she was in the shared apartment but I'm not sure he killed her. Would be interesting to know what DNA of his linked him to the crime.. if it was just a hair on her of his. Or was there something more damning that proved he killed her? His prints on her.

I just found the whole thing bizarre.. MOO

I think it is his manner of death that makes me doubt he commited suicide.. I feel he was murdered. JMO

There was something about his roommate but I am not sure I can talk about it here. I do think she was in the shared apartment but I'm not sure he killed her. Would be interesting to know what DNA of his linked him to the crime.. if it was just a hair on her of his. Or was there something more damning that proved he killed her? His prints on her.

FBI & SC authorities provided substantial assistance to local LE and I believe they are confident
with the evidence that the roommate was not involved at all as provided below.

Faye Swetlik killed by neighbor, who then committed suicide | wcnc.com

Officers said DNA evidence connected both crime scenes. They believe Taylor killed the girl and is the sole perpetrator.
They think he moved Swetlik's body to the woods in the early morning hours of Thursday.

[..]

Snellgrove did say video collected in their investigation afterward showed Taylor doing things that were "suspicious" but did not elaborate.

There was a roommate who lived at Taylor's home, but they do not believe he was staying there for most of the ordeal and was not involved in the crime at all.

ok, so you’re really saying two things, right? First, whether his cause of death was suicide and second, doubts as to whether he did it (alone or with someone else). Why do you think his cause of death could be homicide? I’m going to have to do more research before getting into the second.

ok, so you’re really saying two things, right? First, whether his cause of death was suicide and second, doubts as to whether he did it (alone or with someone else). Why do you think his cause of death could be homicide? I’m going to have to do more research before getting into the second.

Yes I'm saying them 2 things.. not impossible is it?

I just think there is easier ways to kill ones self.. slitting your own throat to point of decapitation is pretty horrific don't you think... call it intuition or just a deep feeling but I don't believe the story being told

FBI & SC authorities provided substantial assistance to local LE and I believe they are confident

Officers said DNA evidence connected both crime scenes. They believe Taylor killed the girl and is the sole perpetrator.
They think he moved Swetlik's body to the woods in the early morning hours of Thursday.

[..]

Snellgrove did say video collected in their investigation afterward showed Taylor doing things that were "suspicious" but did not elaborate.

There was a roommate who lived at Taylor's home, but they do not believe he was staying there for most of the ordeal and was not involved in the crime at all.
Wasn't he still at work throughout her being missing? Did he keep her from the time she went missing in his house? Alive? Dead? Whilst he went to work. Didn't the roommate come back during all this? Something just doesn't make sense to me. They should really elaborate on the suspicious activity nd the DNA found etc and how he links to the crime

[..]

I can't access the link as I am in UK

Yes I'm saying them 2 things.. not impossible is it?

I just think there is easier ways to kill ones self.. slitting your own throat to point of decapitation is pretty horrific don't you think... call it intuition or just a deep feeling but I don't believe the story being told
He probably knew police were closing in on him and that was the only thing available. Maybe it was a last minute decision and it was either ending his life or spending it in prison. He must have known he left his DNA behind and didn't have a chance.

Wasn't he still at work throughout her being missing? Did he keep her from the time she went missing in his house? Alive? Dead? Whilst he went to work. Didn't the roommate come back during all this? Something just doesn't make sense to me. They should really elaborate on the suspicious activity nd the DNA found etc and how he links to the crime
He killed her within hours of abducting her and then hid her body. The roommate was not home throughout most of the three days after the murder, apparently. I don't think they will elaborate on the DNA evidence out of respect for the family. Any DNA found in or on the body would have connected him to the crime. Imo

From the article:

Friday, July 2, 2021, the Cayce Department of Public Safety, which is the lead investigating agency of Faye’s death, said it will release new information, including video and photo evidence.

The evidence has been gathered in response to multiple Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests from local media outlets.
I saw that on the local news yesterday, I hope it puts to rest all of the questions people have had. I have no doubt sweet Faye was kidnapped and murdered within hours by Taylor only.

I can't read the autopsy, it's just too painful. My heart goes out to Faye's mother and family with this being released.

I saw that on the local news yesterday, I hope it puts to rest all of the questions people have had. I have no doubt sweet Faye was kidnapped and murdered within hours by Taylor only.

I can't read the autopsy, it's just too painful. My heart goes out to Faye's mother and family with this being released.
Did they release it yet?

Did they release it yet?
Per a South Carolina Supreme Court Ruling, Autopsy reports are not public records (The justices ruled 4-1 that autopsies are medical records and fall under privacy provisions of the open records law).

The Coroner's report, where the coroner takes the results of the autopsy and summarizes them, is public.

SC Supreme: Autopsy reports not public

I recall the Coroner long ago reported Faye died of asphyxiation.

Autopsy results released Tuesday in the death of Faye, who was first reported missing eight days ago, show she died by asphyxiation, according to Lexington County Coroner Margaret Fisher.

An autopsy performed on Taylor over the weekend shows he died by suicide, Fisher said, according to Associated Press.

Investigators say Taylor killed Faye Swetlik hours after she was abducted from her yard on Feb. 10.

Fisher said the autopsy determined the child's death was a homicide and did not occur at the location where her body was discovered. Fisher said Faye's body had been at that location only for a short time.

Faye Marie Swetlik killed by Coty Taylor, South Carolina officials say
Feb 18, 2020

Bringing over from the media thread:
I can't. I won't. It was a horrific event resulting in the death of a child. The case was resolved. I won't "see" more after the fact. I don't have the stomach for it. :(
I completely understand. This was also my first reaction to this news.

Undoubtedly, LE has prepared the family and they will have seen the photos and videos prior to release. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

I hope the photos and videos are limited to the movements of Faye, her killer, his vehicle, apartment, the woods, etc. and do not show her little body. :( MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back