AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I'm big on those loops, Oriah. :)

But fair warning...I'd be looking for possible dump sites. :(
I know. A site is a site, whether it's recovery or rescue:( No matter how we look at it...this little one needs to be found. I am open to ideas of all forms of transit from the residence, to neighbors, to vehicles, to swings, to swimming holes...all of it. And another question: anyone know *exactly* when Summer got her hair cut? Was it cut/trimmed outside, or inside? Just want to be sure the latest pics are accurate.

Hopefully today is the day Summer is found!!! Regarding the marriage - could it possibly be they "consider" themselves married? Common law marriage is recognized in a few states - not in Tennessee, but it's definitely a possibility that's their arrangement - not that it matters much.

I don't think a woman using a maiden name in 2021 is indicative of anything related to the strength of the marriage. I never changed my name to my husband's because I wanted to keep my name. No other reason.

On Monday, Wells' mother, Candus Bly, told News Channel 11 that she believes her daughter was abducted and urged the driver of the truck to come forward.
In the interview, Bly addressed rumors and speculation about her daughter's disappearance that have been circulating on social media platforms, including TikTok and Facebook.

"We love our children with everything we have," she told the station. "That's my baby and nobody would ever treat her like that as long as I was around."

The girl's father, Don Wells, added: "There's always going to be haters, you know, and they are always going to be that way in this world."
Missing Summer Wells' mother hits back at social media rumors

I know. A site is a site, whether it's recovery or rescue:( No matter how we look at it...this little one needs to be found. I am open to ideas of all forms of transit from the residence, to neighbors, to vehicles, to swings, to swimming holes...all of it. And another question: anyone know *exactly* when Summer got her hair cut? Was it cut/trimmed outside, or inside? Just want to be sure the latest pics are accurate.
Good points !
Am also waiting for LE to say : "This is the last known photo taken of Summer ".

Almost nothing from LE, and I think it's due to two things : Either they do not know for sure which photo of Summer is the most recent ; or, LE do know which photo is the last know pic. of this little girl, and they're not saying as they have reasons not to do so.

<modsnip> I hope LE will have a presser soon.
Doubting it will happen unless there's a big break in the case.

LE have never pushed the abduction theory.
Why ?

It's safe to say at this time that unless someone is hiding Summer, she is not alive in the woods somewhere.
All theories and speculation have potentially heartbreaking ends.

I cannot imagine being a SAR dog handler or experienced searcher and being exhausted from actually looking for Summer and coming up empty.
It must be emotionally draining.

About the abduction theory which is highly questionable, IMO, as both the mother and grandma were outside planting in the garden, maybe Summer was taken by someone known to her ?

Again as far as the searchers and LE go, to think that if the abduction happened, and someone out there knows where she is and is letting the SAR and LE search fruitlessly -- has to be horribly difficult for them.
Imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
OT
Actually, I live in the Mountain West, and saying "the heat smothers me," would be common here too.

But I think what others are saying is that it's common there to use "smothers" in the same way as you would say, it crushes me, it devastates me, it kills me; as an expression of emotion.

Off Topic

My family on both sides are deep-rooted Appalachian Americans. I know exactly what she meant when using the word. It didn't occur to me it would sound odd to anyone.

Last night I woke up and I felt like I was smothering. I was thinking about my daddy, who passed three years ago this month of lung cancer. I literally couldn't breathe. :-(

Sometimes when it's really muggy outside, the heat smothers me.

Last edited:
Good points !
Am also waiting for LE to say : "This is the last known photo taken of Summer ".

Almost nothing from LE, and I think it's due to two things : Either they do not know for sure which photo of Summer is the most recent ; or, LE do know which photo is the last know pic. of this little girl, and they're not saying as they have reasons not to do so.

Sitting on my hands because it's the polite action to take at this time; but I hope LE will have a presser soon.

Why ?

It's safe to say at this time that unless someone is hiding Summer, she is not alive in the woods somewhere.

I cannot imagine being a SAR dog handler or experienced searcher and being exhausted from actually looking for Summer and coming up empty.
Imo.

With all due respect, LE has never pushed any theory. And still, somehow, people are arriving at "that must mean the parents did it!"

You know I'm big on those loops, Oriah. :)

But fair warning...I'd be looking for possible dump sites. :(
Good points !

Sitting on my hands because it's the polite action to take at this time; but I hope LE will have a presser soon.

Why ?

Imo.
Certainly, her teeth have identified the most recent pic? Children's teeth at that age (falling out/front teeth growing in/adult teeth etc) would be immediately identified as to most recent picture. Also, the cell phones involved in picture and video would have dated everything.

Nothing in the interview with Mom really struck me as odd or anything. She seemed sincere and somewhat resolved. I did notice that she mentioned Summer's swing twice. I think she was referring to a green single round swing seat suspended from a tree maybe. I saw a pic in the video. One reference to the swing was that "she didn't walk off from the yard by her swing". (The other reference to the swing was just mentioned as one of the things Summer enjoys.) Does anyone know where the swing is in reference to the basement door and the driveway. Could she have gone out the basement door to play on the swing? Is there a path near the swing that goes into the woods? Not sure why this stuck in my brain.

Oh, and I am in the South. The weather here is smothering and I might make smothered chicken for dinner tonight.

Anyone come across the full interview with no disruptions?

This video I just posted was released on the WJHL YouTube page within the past hour. Shows more of the interview, without the disruptions.

Summer Wells' mother recounts events leading up to daughter's disappearance
162 views • 35 minutes ago

I don't think a woman using a maiden name in 2021 is indicative of anything related to the strength of the marriage. I never changed my name to my husband's because I wanted to keep my name. No other reason.

Also, that whole name-changing thing from one state to another is a royal pain in the arse. Been there, done that, and I wouldn't do it again.

Has anyone seen any reference to Summer possibly being on the autism spectrum? I am NOT saying that is the case. I have no idea. Just wondering about her fondness for the swing, and a possible direction of travel- which is sometimes impacted by children and adults with autism when they go missing.

Nothing in the interview with Mom really struck me as odd or anything. She seemed sincere and somewhat resolved. I did notice that she mentioned Summer's swing twice. I think she was referring to a green single round swing seat suspended from a tree maybe. I saw a pic in the video. One reference to the swing was that "she didn't walk off from the yard by her swing". (The other reference to the swing was just mentioned as one of the things Summer enjoys.) Does anyone know where the swing is in reference to the basement door and the driveway. Could she have gone out the basement door to play on the swing? Is there a path near the swing that goes into the woods? Not sure why this stuck in my brain.

Oh, and I am in the South. The weather here is smothering and I might make smothered chicken for dinner tonight.
Yes, the reference to the swing stood out to me too. Is that somewhere Summer might have gone on her own? If so, is it by an area/path that would lead to a place where a vehicle would be?

Gotta admit, it's hard to imagine an abductor sneaking onto the property and at just the right moment grab a girl without the five other people noticing something and without LE picking up the trail.

And since we're all chiming in, I'm born and bred in the north and have never used or even heard of the word "smothered" in this context. We're getting a regionalism lesson today. :)

jmo

Summer Wells' mother recounts events leading up to daughter's disappearance
162 views • 35 minutes ago

Thank you very much, there's even more new interview clips here which I hadn't seen anywhere else:
  • 2:38 Don talks about how he believes the case is an abduction
  • 4:32 Candus says "the most important thing is to bring Summer home safe
  • 5:43 Talking about Summer's favorite songs and her other likes, who Summer looked up to
  • 7:28 Talking about Summer's personality; about how Summer was supposed to start school this year
  • 8:45 Don talking about how much he loves Summer and wants her to be released
  • 9:54 Don talking about how he's concerned Summer is locked in captivity; how she likes to be outside in nature
  • 11:11 Don and Candus talk about focusing on finding Summer versus the negativity
ETA: Sorry, initially I quoted the wrong post!

Yes, the reference to the swing stood out to me too. Is that somewhere Summer might have gone on her own? If so, is it by an area/path that would lead to a place where a vehicle would be?

Gotta admit, it's hard to imagine an abductor sneaking onto the property and at just the right moment grab a girl without the five other people noticing something and without LE picking up the trail.

And since we're all chiming in, I'm born and bred in the north and have never used or even heard of the word "smothered" in this context. We're getting a regionalism lesson today. :)

jmo

I dunno, it's happened so many times before. And in these threads, I have read those exact types of comments. Sarah Everard comes to mind. "Nobody could've just driven up and snatched her! It's a busy road, someone would've seen it!" "Someone would've heard her screaming!" Etc etc etc. Turns out, that is EXACTLY what went down.

Thank you very much, there's even more new interview clips here which I hadn't seen anywhere else:
  • 2:38 Don talks about how he believes the case is an abduction
  • 4:32 Candus says "the most important thing is to bring Summer home safe
  • 5:43 Talking about Summer's favorite songs and her other likes, who Summer looked up to
  • 7:28 Talking about Summer's personality; about how Summer was supposed to start school this year
  • 8:45 Don talking about how much he loves Summer and wants her to be released
  • 9:54 Don talking about how he's concerned Summer is locked in captivity; how she likes to be outside in nature
  • 11:11 Don and Candus talk about focusing on finding Summer versus the negativity
i wish they had released this part of the interview last night so we could have had less people saying she was focusing too much on hair and didn't talk enough about summer. ugh the media absolutely knows what they're doing. its not about finding summer its about generating a reaction and engagement. all about those views and whatnot

I dunno, it's happened so many times before. And in these threads, I have read those exact types of comments. Sarah Everard comes to mind. "Nobody could've just driven up and snatched her! It's a busy road, someone would've seen it!" "Someone would've heard her screaming!" Etc etc etc. Turns out, that is EXACTLY what went down.
Sure, but it's still hard to believe. Not sure why skepticism is any less valid on this thread than full-fledged support of the abduction theory.

I have no idea what happened to Summer.

jmo

Good points !

---snipped by me ------

About the abduction theory which is highly questionable, IMO, as both the mother and grandma were outside planting in the garden, maybe Summer was taken by someone known to her ?

Again as far as the searchers and LE go, to think that if the abduction happened, and someone out there knows where she is and is letting the SAR and LE search fruitlessly -- has to be horribly difficult for them.
Imo.
I've snipped your post because I wanted to focus just on the part about searching and the emotional exhaustion felt after all this time by these heroes searching for Summer. Many years ago, I searched for Caylee (many times) also during the hot summer months and for the most part, we all knew we were searching for her remains. It was very hard to come back, day after day, knowing her mother knew exactly where she threw her in the garbage bag (woods by her home) and she would not say. This only added to our mental exhaustion and frustration.

These searchers have my utmost respect because they are likely searching now for remains should she have found herself outside - away from home - in whatever way it may have happened. It's very sad.
JMO

i wish they had released this part of the interview last night so we could have had less people saying she was focusing too much on hair and didn't talk enough about summer. ugh the media absolutely knows what they're doing. its not about finding summer its about generating a reaction and engagement. all about those views and whatnot

I completely agree, this additional footage has given me a lot to think about. They should have put the information over the profits here and released the interview in totality right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater