was madeleine EVER there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amelia finds

Reaction score
Hello everyone - this is my first post :) so please be gentle with me :eek:

This has been playing on my mind ever since the Madeleine story broke here in the UK.

During a general chat along the lines of where is that poor little girl.....it must be terrible for the parents....Blah...Blah.... my usually very trusting sister threw this in "do we actualy really know if Madeleine was ever in Portugal? - was she ever there atall?"

At the time I dismissed it as the ramblings of a sleep deprived mother....but It keeps creeping back :(

Apart from the one photo that was alleged to have been taken the day before the abduction......I am not aware of anyone talking of having any contact with this child in Portugal

Does anyone have any thoughts?

It's great to see past the spin and speculation of the media ~~~I like it here! ;)

Madeleine was at the creche every day, so I'm sure she was there. There were plenty of people to attest to her presence, aside from her family and their friends.

This has been playing on my mind ever since the Madeleine story broke here in the UK.

During a general chat along the lines of where is that poor little girl.....it must be terrible for the parents....Blah...Blah.... my usually very trusting sister threw this in "do we actualy really know if Madeleine was ever in Portugal? - was she ever there atall?"

At the time I dismissed it as the ramblings of a sleep deprived mother....but It keeps creeping back :(

Apart from the one photo that was alleged to have been taken the day before the abduction......I am not aware of anyone talking of having any contact with this child in Portugal

It's great to see past the spin and speculation of the media ~~~I like it here! ;)

As RoughlyCollie replied there is reports that she was in the creche every day.
This case has so many spins coming from both sides that I catch myself even wondering if Madeleine ever existed :silenced: I know she does and she is missing but the way the parents are at the moment working on their image I get that thought sometimes.Crazy I know.How many times have we heard from Kate and Jerry that the alligations aginst them is pulling the focus off of Madeleine.Well I have to disagree.They have to be looked at as suspects.What they are doing having their wedding photos published ect is taking the focus off of Madeleine and putting it all on Kate and Gerry the "Me,Me,Me" parents and nothing about that sweet little girl other than she is missing. grrrr Sorry that I had a mini rant :p

amelia finds welcome to the forums :D

As RoughlyCollie replied there is reports that she was in the creche every day.
This case has so many spins coming from both sides that I catch myself even wondering if Madeleine ever existed :silenced: I know she does and she is missing but the way the parents are at the moment working on their image I get that thought sometimes.Crazy I know.How many times have we heard from Kate and Jerry that the alligations aginst them is pulling the focus off of Madeleine.Well I have to disagree.They have to be looked at as suspects.What they are doing having their wedding photos published ect is taking the focus off of Madeleine and putting it all on Kate and Gerry the "Me,Me,Me" parents and nothing about that sweet little girl other than she is missing. grrrr Sorry that I had a mini rant :p

amelia finds welcome to the forums :D

Good post!! And welcome, Amelia. :)

Welcome to the forum.

Don't feel bad. I also had that question early on. Until someone posted picture link showing her there in Portugal I even wondered if she had perhaps died at home in England and been disposed of already and then the parents had another child of one of their covacationers to pose as Madeleine until just after checkin at the mccanns rented room, not being seen thereafter (as she would have returned to her own parents right away) and then they just keep pretending they are leaving her behind in the room every night so she is not seen by anyone and then on the night of the dinner the mccanns trot out the whole kidnapped daughter play. It was more like a mystery book plot than something likely to turn up in real life but the thought did cross my mind.

If her being in Portugal could not be substantiated I am sure we would have heard of it by now. It would have made Portugal L.E. job much easier to be able to say that she was never there and thus could not have been a crime victim in their country and thus they could have shipped the whole problem back to UK L.E. to deal with.

Welcome to WS, Amelia.

Oh yes, she was there, and I think she's still there.

You know, were it my child that were missing I would be in a looney bin. My mind would have gone bonkers by now. Assuming I didn't harm my child and she was abducted I wouldn't have a moment when I wasn't thinking where she might be, who she is with, is she okay, is she alive or dead, etc. I couldn't go on..........

sadly, must agree. A child with that noticeable and unique eye characteristic, would surely have been recovered by now for the sake of that massive reward.

heartbreaking to consider, but reasonable.

sadly, must agree. A child with that noticeable and unique eye characteristic, would surely have been recovered by now for the sake of that massive reward.

heartbreaking to consider, but reasonable.

Sadly, I tend to agree. :(

The child's picture has been spread all over the world. I find it hard to believe that someone hasn't seen her. I'm afraid the poor dear is gone.

Sadly, I tend to agree. :(

The child's picture has been spread all over the world. I find it hard to believe that someone hasn't seen her. I'm afraid the poor dear is gone.
It doesnt look promising for Madelaine to be found alive.

It doesnt look promising for Madelaine to be found alive.

Although it isnt likley she is alive there is still hope that she is. For all we know she couldhave been locked up by abductors so that no one would know where she is. If this is the case then the media will have alot to answer for if the abductors feel that the police are getting too close and kill her. After all, all the abductors would have to do is read the paper to find out what is happening.

Although it isnt likley she is alive there is still hope that she is. For all we know she couldhave been locked up by abductors so that no one would know where she is. If this is the case then the media will have alot to answer for if the abductors feel that the police are getting too close and kill her. After all, all the abductors would have to do is read the paper to find out what is happening.

It would be much more tempting to claim that huge reward than to kill her.

I'm sure everyone here hopes that there is still a chance she is alive.

Do you believe her body is near the hotel? I find that hard to believe--they did have sniffer dogs tracing her scent who came up with a dead end.

And I don't know how her body could be hidden somewhere in the vicinity.
Just the thought of digging a grave means they had to leave evidence of the dig. And even after catching her scent the dogs couldn't determine where Maddy is.

Do you believe her body is near the hotel? I find that hard to believe--they did have sniffer dogs tracing her scent who came up with a dead end.

Just the thought of digging a grave means they had to leave evidence of the dig. And even after catching her scent the dogs couldn't determine where Maddy is.

It's possible that she was put somewhere that already had freshly turned earth, such as the excavations near the church.

The dead end, however, from the first dog search (if I'm not mistaken) was at the ocean.

It would be much more tempting to claim that huge reward than to kill her.

I'm sure everyone here hopes that there is still a chance she is alive.

I see what your saying but anyone who claims that reward will be interrogated by police as to how they have information on her. It wouldnt be long before the fonger gets pointed towards them.

I see what your saying but anyone who claims that reward will be interrogated by police as to how they have information on her. It wouldnt be long before the fonger gets pointed towards them.

Not necessarily, if they were the tail end or a minor accessory, they could take a small jail term, turn in the main players, and get the reward if Madeleine were still alive (I think the reward specified "safe" return."

Sorry, the lack of any kind of claim on the reward is not a good sign for Madeleine's survival. People will risk prison time for a huge reward like that.

I believe she is either in Portugal or Spain, within the distance that the rental car drove on one the McCann's excursions. Fatima? Huelva? Another village along the way?

The main road near the resort was being dug up and paved over, with holes everywhere. They didn't have to dig a grave. This article has a good map showing which streets were paved over since then, and how close they were to the family's hotel:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2005320001-2007420470,00.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member