Identified! Ca - Davis, alive, "Ruth Pearlman", adult, May'21 - n/a

Gardenkeep

Former Member
Reaction score
This is an unusual missing case. I have hopes that out of the 1,000's of members we have here, that maybe there could be some good tips to offer the police, who have asked for the public's help.

The "missing" woman is actually a victim of amnesia and has as yet not been positively identified. She has stated uncertainly that her name may be "Ruth Pearlman" and that she might be from somewhere on the east coast.

She was found in the yard of a private residence in Davis, CA. Davis is about 10 miles outside of Sacramento, CA
More details with a very clear id photo are in the following release:

Davis Police Seek Public's Help In Identifying Woman With Amnesia

A woman in Davis is suffering from amnesia, and while she currently lives in a care facility, investigators are hoping somebody recognizes her. (Courtesy: Davis Police Department)
'It’s really a strange mystery': Woman in Davis suffering from amnesia

''At one point the woman told police she thought her name was Ruth Pearlman and that she was from New York state.

“I don’t think that she is very confident in that information she’s just trying to give it out, and we’re not confident that that is accurate information at this point,” Doroshov told FOX40.

It’s been nearly a month since Snipes tried to help the woman in his yard, but answers are still beyond reach.''

There is an RP in Massachusetts - Social worker/psychotherapist - I wonder if she previously treated this UID and might recognize her? I realize MA and CA are opposite coasts and my theory is definitely a long-shot.

Last edited:
Perlman, Perelman, pearlman is a fairly common Ashkenazic surname and the spelling differs due to the different transliterations (yiddish/german to english).
I know a Pearlman who married a Perelman.

And it is only one of the many aliases she gave. I wish they would release the other aliases she went by. RP may not even be her name but the name of a relative or friend or doctor or something she had a connection to for some reason.

The Perelman name (Ruth Perelman) is the name of the main building at Univ Penn hospital in Philly. There’s also the Perelman school outside the city - Jewish day school. Lots of Perelmans here. It’s usually pronounced Pearlman, not pear-erl-man.

Ruth C. and Raymond G. Perelman Professorship of Internal Medicine | Endowed Professorships | Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania

ETA - I did email the Davis PD, given the East Coast connection.

Perlman, Perelman, pearlman is a fairly common Ashkenazic surname and the spelling differs due to the different transliterations (yiddish/german to english).
I know a Pearlman who married a Perelman.

And it is only one of the many aliases she gave. I wish they would release the other aliases she went by. RP may not even be her name but the name of a relative or friend or doctor or something she had a connection to for some reason.

I didn’t realize there were more aliases! Yes, knowing them could be very helpful. If she sought treatment at Penn, she’d see “Ruth Perelman” a lot.

City of Davis Police Department
Posted June 24

The Davis Police Department is asking for the public’s help in identifying an adult female who is suffering from a severe case of amnesia and is unable to tell investigators who she is or provide any information to identify herself. She is currently safe and in the care of medical professionals.

On May 30, 2021, a Davis resident reported that a female had wandered into his back yard in the 3400 block of Seabright Avenue in West Davis. The woman could not recall her identity and appeared confused. She was taken to the hospital emergency room by ambulance where it was determined she may be suffering from a severe case of amnesia. The female was admitted for medical treatment and Davis Police Officers responded to investigate further. Based on the information that was provided, investigators believe that the female may be a missing person. The female did not have any apparent physical injuries and appeared to be in good physical health, but could not be identified because of memory loss.

Investigators have followed up on numerous leads in an attempt to identify the female to no avail; fingerprint and computer checks have been unsuccessful. The female has provided officers and hospital staff with several name variants and different birthdates. The woman believes she may have come from the “East Coast” and initially provided a possible name of “Ruth Pearlman.” At this point, however, neither the female nor investigators have confidence in the provided information.

Anyone with information about the identity of the female, pictured here, is encouraged to immediately contact the Davis Police Department at 530-747-5400, so that she can be reunited with her friends and family and to allow for further investigation into any events that may have led up to her condition.

202449970_2950818321709507_5539215868587251647_n.jpg

(Interesting comments)

Seeing all of your minds working....one of the reasons I LOVE our group...:)

Yes, I agree that more identifying details would really help, ie. tatoos, scars, piercings, birthmarks, etc. Also, releasing the other aliases and dates that the UID has come up with. She is remembering them for a reason, and they may be a way of connecting the dots. I've been working on missing out here in NY and NE, hoping I might get a lead. If she has been reported missing, it may be on a very local level which could be overlooked nationally? Also, in one of the articles it was quoted that she told the man who found her that she was "Trying to go west". I don't know why, but I suspect that ties in to her story prior to the amnesia.

As of yet, I've not seen anything about a resolution.

I tried doing a NAMUS search for missing white women since January 2021 - June 2021.

There was a few major problems. The UID doesn't have many specific pieces of info to help narrow her down, such as height and weight. I also honestly can't tell what age the UID is, anywhere between late 20's to early 50's.

The other major problem I had was with the NAMUS profiles. The women I looked at ranged between 30-50 years old, and their pages where very VERY vague. It may as well just said "a white woman is missing". Seriously, no hair or eye color, no circumstances, etc. I must have ran into 5 separate profiles exactly like that.

This may or may not be important enough to change the title, but I thought I should at least mention that Davis is the name of the town, not the County. (Davis, CA is in Yolo County).

For future ability to find this thread by searching, mods may want to edit to reflect that. Will report this post.

I was hoping this could potentially be sandra johnson hughes:

CA - CA - Sandra Hughes, 53, Sierra National Forest/Madera Co, 26 June 2020

But looking at the photo, she can be ruled out.
hughes.jpg

I wonder if this is someone who has not yet been reported missing...

This may or may not be important enough to change the title, but I thought I should at least mention that Davis is the name of the town, not the County. (Davis, CA is in Yolo County).

For future ability to find this thread by searching, mods may want to edit to reflect that. Will report this post.
Thank you for catching that. I thought I was seeing "Davis in Davis Co." Obviously I wasn't. :confused: There's a way to report it to mod, but how?

Thank you for catching that. I thought I was seeing "Davis in Davis Co." Obviously I wasn't. :confused: There's a way to report it to mod, but how?

I reported my own post (at the bottom of each post is "Report" in small blue font). And I see that a mod (or someone) did change the thread title to remove the "Co".

Not a big deal, I just figured it couldn't hurt to correct it!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769
Back