Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I have always loved the song. I used to listen to it all the time back then because I bought the album. I wasn't sure it would fit but the more I think about it, I think it is a good song to use. Very good melody. Thanks!

It's a better choice than (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty by KC and the Sunshine Band!

Love the "Dream Weaver" idea... the other music that totally comes to mind for me from that time period is anything off "Frampton comes alive", "Fly like an eagle" by Steve Miller, "Hotel California" (Eagles), "Night Moves" by Bob Segar AND OF COURSE "Don't fear the reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult. Eerie. I am a music geek so I could go on and on. :blushing:

The other song from that era that I remember is "Dust in the wind" by Kansas, but that came out in --I think-- 1977.

Love the "Dream Weaver" idea... the other music that totally comes to mind for me from that time period is anything off "Frampton comes alive", "Fly like an eagle" by Steve Miller, "Hotel California" (Eagles), "Night Moves" by Bob Segar AND OF COURSE "Don't fear the reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult. Eerie. I am a music geek so I could go on and on. :blushing:

The other song from that era that I remember is "Dust in the wind" by Kansas, but that came out in --I think-- 1977.

I was going to suggest Don't Fear the Reaper...I love that song! Frampton and the Eagles were in the back of my mind too. Unfortunately, there were so many disco songs on the list so like I said, there wasn't a lot to pick from that year. Anyway, phenolred did a great job on the myspage page!

I have also started a page I am doing them seperately so they each have their own page. I am still working on it and will also be doing another one for the female that was with him.

Very nice, Teresa. There can't be too many myspace pages IMO to put out there for these two. The more exposure, the better. Thank you for doing it.

Very nice, Teresa. There can't be too many myspace pages IMO to put out there for these two. The more exposure, the better. Thank you for doing it.
I agree ..... it Just doubles their chance of being recognized....

Great work on the MySpace pages! :clap: Some day, hopefully soon, we will find the names of these two young people. Unidentified victims are the closest to my heart... it angers and hurts me that they are victimized twice, once by being murdered, and again by having their identity taken away as if they had never existed.

Hi Everyone,

Below are the collective questions/info I just faxed over to Verna Moore tonight. I'll let you know when I hear back from her.

• Is it possible to get a digital photograph of the Accutron watch movement and case that the John Doe was wearing? The reason this request has been made is because apparently when an old watch is opened to reveal the works, you can often find the initials and date of the various repairers who had worked on it scratched somewhere on the case or movement. If this is possible, you can email me the photos and I can post them to our group for further investigation.
  • There have been a lot of questions about the possible sighting of the couple at the fruit stand. I was wondering if you could give us more detail about what was seen, if anything, by the fruit stand workers?
  • Can you give us an idea about how RECENT the restorations on the John Doe’s teeth were made prior to his death? Also, can you tell us specifically which teeth were missing? Also, any updates on the DNA results?
  • About the John Doe’s ring/watch: it is noted in the case history that the John Doe may have tried to sell the ring to the KOA campground worker. Were pawnshops checked locally to see if he’d pawned the ring and watch in the area previously and then came back to claim them?
  • I am also sending you two leads on missing people. One is a girl from Quebec named Sylvie Ouimet and the other is a young man named James Berkeley Norris who went missing in South Florida who looks similar to your John Doe (except that he has facial hair). I am not sure if these are matches but it can’t hurt to look at them. I am faxing you their printed Doe Network pages, you can also visit the links below in order to get a better look at the photos:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/886dmfl.html
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2322dfqc.html
  • Several forum members are working on setting up MySpace pages on your John/Jane Doe. They are works in progress but are up and running. MySpace has a huge worldwide membership so we are hoping this will help get your case more notoriety. Here are the links to the MySpace pages:
http://www.myspace.com/helpidunknownman1976

http://www.myspace.com/jockandjanedoe

You did a really good job, rmf...I can't wait for the answers from Ms. Moore!

:clap::clap: :clap:

Great Teresa, sorry I missed all the links the first time around. I will update Verna on all the links when I (hopefully) talk to her.

GREAT WORK!!
:)

These are the links to the MySpace pages ( I will be adding some things) I also set up 2 yahoo ID's with profiles and pictures I will also be doing a 360 page for each of them.

http://www.myspace.com/helpidunknownwoman1976

http://www.myspace.com/helpidunknownman1976

http://profiles.yahoo.com/helpidunknownwoman1976

http://profiles.yahoo.com/helpidunknownman1976

Great work on the MySpace pages! :clap: Some day, hopefully soon, we will find the names of these two young people. Unidentified victims are the closest to my heart... it angers and hurts me that they are victimized twice, once by being murdered, and again by having their identity taken away as if they had never existed.

Thank you I have been updating daily, I love this message I hope you don't mind if I quote some of it on the myspace page....

This is so great. Keep up the good work, everyone.

I told Verna to reply to my message when she had time, so it may not be until next week. She's busy and I told her I knew that. I promise to keep you all posted on any responses.

This is so great. Keep up the good work, everyone.

I told Verna to reply to my message when she had time, so it may not be until next week. She's busy and I told her I knew that. I promise to keep you all posted on any responses.

Hey there...I was thinking of something for the next time we ask Verna questions.....to get the newspaper article quites I will have to go back thru the old posts....But I remember reading that one of the only things they found at the scene were some tire tracks and that they are able to determine cars based on tire tracks...I wonder after 31 years if they could jusr release that information because it could help determine who these two were it could have been their car !!!!! I can understand during the early days of the investigation them not wanting to comprimse their case of catching the killer but I think that ship has sailed....we need to give these two their identites back and telling us that info might help!~!!!

Originally Posted by Marie

Thank you I have been updating daily, I love this message I hope you don't mind if I quote some of it on the myspace page....

Please do use it... I think many people don't understand how awful it is to have your name taken away.

Arthur Kurzweil, a renowned Jewish genealogist, once wrote: "During the Holocaust, they took the names away of the people, individuals each with their own soul, and they put numbers on their arms. The job of a Jewish Genealogist is to replace those numbers and give them back their names."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla