GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, found deceased, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #51

Thanks for the article! Interesting that it was never mentioned more than that. I'm curious if they were men's running shorts and I'm sure they tested the pipe for blood and it must have been clean.
I don't remember that either. But I assume LE and FBI would have gone over those items with a fine tooth comb.

I just wanted to share with everyone. I’m originally from a very big city in the south and moved even closer to the city after I graduated from college. I use to have relatives that lived on the eastern side of Iowa but never really got close to any of the corn grown in the state except for passing it on the interstate. I probably haven’t been back to Iowa since 2004ish.

Anyways this weekend my family went to visit my sister in law on a farm in northern Alabama. They grow different crops/different years. Last year was soy beans….this year corn. It’s early June….90 degrees and they are already 10-12 feet tall stalks. So I took a cathartic walk….for what I did my best to estimate was 400 feet or so down/in between the rows. Just walking and the leaves were hitting my face, can’t see anything, very discombobulating and creepy. I also did it in the light of day. I can’t imagine…running, possibly mortally injured, with little light at best and yet still being chased down by a predator and being at a complete disadvantage. Breaks my heart. It’s one thing to think about it, to talk about it and analyze it, but to try and put yourself physically(to best of ones ability) into an environment like what she was in that night. It had to just be horrific. God rest Mollie’s soul. No one deserves to be murdered…..taken from this world…..let alone be absolutely terrified in their last moments. Thank God that monster has been locked away. Predator…..definitely a predator. He hunted and slaughtered her. There just isn’t a nice way to put it :(.

Last edited:
BTW I know some people have lots of stuff in their car...but even when I was a runner I never had running shorts lying out on the front seat..or a pipe in the back. And that was his currently used vehicle at arrest.
The Altima was more or less a vehicle used by many employees.

From the story @SharonNeedles posted above:

That inmate allegedly said Tibbetts was kidnapped for sex trafficking and bound and gagged in a trap house but that he was directed to kill Tibbetts once the search for her got too close.

The man allegedly told the inmate that he was directed by the sex trafficker in charge to stab Tibbetts and dump her body near a Hispanic male to make it look like the Hispanic male committed the crime.​

Of course his lawyers are going to want to hear what this guy has to say, but this doesn't fit in any way with the story CBR told on the stand that his lawyers claim he stood by all along.:rolleyes:

Nothing will ever bring Mollie back, but her family and friends can't catch a break. So sad. My thoughts and prayers to them all. I can only imagine they would like to start putting their lives back together as best they can.

From the story @SharonNeedles posted above:

That inmate allegedly said Tibbetts was kidnapped for sex trafficking and bound and gagged in a trap house but that he was directed to kill Tibbetts once the search for her got too close.

The man allegedly told the inmate that he was directed by the sex trafficker in charge to stab Tibbetts and dump her body near a Hispanic male to make it look like the Hispanic male committed the crime.​

Of course his lawyers are going to want to hear what this guy has to say, but this doesn't fit in any way with the story CBR told on the stand that his lawyers claim he stood by all along.:rolleyes:
OK, looks like they found one of the Ninja's! How convenient that they used CBR's vehicle to abduct Mollie yet never shared the flophouse details with CBR even after he obliged them with so much. :rolleyes:

JUL 12, 2021
Cristhian Bahena Rivera to be sentenced Thursday for murder of Mollie Tibbetts (kwwl.com)
[...]

Cristhian Bahena Rivera, whose trial ended in May, will be sentenced to life in prison without parole. This is Iowa's mandatory sentence for First Degree Murder.

The sentencing is set for 9:30 a.m. on Thursday and KWWL will provide a live stream on our Facebook page and website. Some victim impact statements are expected but it remains unknown if the defendant will offer a statement.

[...]

While the trial was in Davenport, the sentencing will take place in Montezuma.

[...]

I can't say for certain but I have more reason to believe yes than not -- especially given the sentencing will take place at "home."

I suggest keeping an eye on KCCI reporter Chris Gothner's twitter.
https://twitter.com/CGothnerKCCI

Sentencing will take place 9:30 a.m. July 15, 2021, in Montezuma-- (Poweshiek County).

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION - Mollie Tibbetts,20, Poweshiek County

Might be worth checking with Court TV as they covered the Trial. I'm fairly sure they said they would cover the sentencing. Home Page - Court TV

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back