NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 #15

To be clear, I was asking the original poster if he/she thought Maura could be in the witness protection program because of what he/she posted.
Oh, sorry. It wasn't clear. Not to me anyway....haha.

I can understand the family wanting to have a historic marker involved, however, what would it say?
"Maura Murray hit a tree here, and she is still missing?"
According to Julie, her conclusion is that someone other than Maura is responsible for her disappearance. Is that accurate history?

The marker would have to be placed and maintained on land owned by the town, which means a certain distance from the center line, next to the road, but not on the tree owners land.

My guess is, as mentioned above, is that the land owner that owns the tree is tired of people trespassing on his land. That's why there are "no trespassing signs" posted on the tree.

"A cruel act?" It's the owner's tree, on his land, and he can do what he wants with it.
What if someone ran off the road and hit someone's house? Does that give people the right to wrap ribbons around that every year? If not, why not? Is there a difference? Does that mean the house can never be torn down?
Owners house-- Is Not close to the Blue ribbon Tree at all. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Years ago, someone sent coordinates (to James Renner, I believe?) that were in some mountain-ish area. Whoever started hiking out to those coordinates got spooked and turned back. Does anyone remember this? Any chance those coordinates are close to Loon?

Human bone fragments discovered near Loon Mountain, police say

The fragments were discovered during a recent construction project, according to officials. They said police searched the area where they were found.

New Hampshire State Police announced they are working alongside the New Hampshire state archaeologist, New Hampshire medical examiner, U.S. Forest Service and the Lincoln Police Department on the investigation.

We'll have to see. If it is infact human remains probably better chance it would be someone who disappeared more recently. However it does sound like a place Maura may have been trying to get to

I would usually agree but not many people go missing in northern New Hampshire.

Here is the open cold case list. There are only 15 missing people and most are from southern NH. Victim List | Cold Case Unit | NH Department of Justice

Years ago, someone sent coordinates (to James Renner, I believe?) that were in some mountain-ish area. Whoever started hiking out to those coordinates got spooked and turned back. Does anyone remember this? Any chance those coordinates are close to Loon?
Just over 9 miles as the crow flies - the coordinates are NW of Mount Carrigain according to someone on Reddit who hiked there in 2017. They seemed unconvinced there was anything to the coordinates.

Really hoping this can give the family some peace if these are indeed her remains. This was the first true crime case that really reeled me in (sadly from R-enner's book before I realized better), and I'm really hoping the family can get some answers soon.

Human bone fragments discovered near Loon Mountain, police say

The fragments were discovered during a recent construction project, according to officials. They said police searched the area where they were found.

New Hampshire State Police announced they are working alongside the New Hampshire state archaeologist, New Hampshire medical examiner, U.S. Forest Service and the Lincoln Police Department on the investigation.

Not many missing people, but it sounds as though LE’s mind is open to the idea that these might be very old bones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back