GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
These must be the vehicles they used that night. That Ford-F 150 sounds familiar. I think the car they bought for that night is the GMC Sierra. Looks like they hid it in Athens County and Jake led them to it and they had it towed to impound.

Ford-F 150
(67 images)

GMC Sierra

GMC Sierra Photos - Athens County (65 images)

GMC Sierra Photos - PCSO Impound (50 images)

Photos 4-21-21 (10 images)

Note Athens County is a few Counties over from Scioto County where the Wagners lived in South Webster. FWF is also in Scioto County.
map-of-ohio-counties.gif

Ohio County Maps
My best guess is they sold it/gave it to family in Athens County.

My best guess is they sold it/gave it to family in Athens County.

I never thought of that, that they would sell it or gift it to someone unless they had a really good hiding place for it. And if someone is driving it, it makes sense the person who has it is in Athens County. They wouldn't want it to be driven all over Pike County.

They bought that car just for that night according to Canepa. I wonder why they then went ahead and used their own vehicle (truck?) for the 2nd car, the Ford-F 150. That truck would really stand out you would think. Odd decision.

If the Ford had a truck bed maybe they felt they had no choice but to take it to have a place to put alot of security cameras, 6 phones, a listening device, their 5 cement buckets, 3 guns, knife, probably they took a shovel, maybe heavy bags of cement dust to add water later, change of clothes and shoes, tools to take down cameras, etc...

Last edited:
I never thought of that, that they would sell it or gift it to someone unless they had a really good hiding place for it. And if someone is driving it, it makes sense the person who has it is in Athens County. They wouldn't want it to be driven all over Pike County.

They bought that car just for that night according to Canepa. I wonder why they then went ahead and used their own vehicle (truck?) for the 2nd car, the Ford-F 150. That truck would really stand out you would think. Odd decision.

If the Ford had a truck bed maybe they felt they had no choice but to take it to have a place to put alot of security cameras, 6 phones, a listening device, their 5 cement buckets, 3 guns, knife, probably they took a shovel, maybe heavy bags of cement dust to add water later, change of clothes and shoes, tools to take down cameras, etc...
Ain’t that something; someone on a fixed income can afford to buy all this murder package and still live like kings????

Ain’t that something; someone on a fixed income can afford to buy all this murder package and still live like kings????

Money for purchases? There are several banks in George's April 28th Discovery with FW written all over them. Seems all 5 of them did banking together:

Bank of America, Capitol One, Chase Bank, Fifth Third, Fith Third passwords, First State Bank, Ohio Valley Bank, Sheffield Financial, Farm Credit.

According to Scheiderer they bought alot of items for the murder kit.
These supplies were bought on line with Jake's rewards card:

First "murder kit" purchase 2-26-16 from:

Invoice from Tactical Innovations Inc. Billed to Jake Wagner 260 Peterson Rd. Colt numerex 1911 thread adapter and thread protectors for 1 quantity Colt nunerex 1911. 22 Long Rifle.

Maglite flashlights generic version.

Drill Bit - also known as screw-machine. These provide maximum rigidity for drilling straighter holes. The Drill Bit size shows suppressor items being bought were for both a 22 and 40. I think the 40 is George's Glock.

George bought a captain America mask and a night scope.

They also went to local auto parts stores and using cash bought:

10 freeze plugs that suppress sound,
SKS Magazine, SKS ammo for a 30 caliber, AR15 is mentioned.
Masks, bug detector, counter surveillance items, brass catcher, AKS Mag big nuts, other nuts,

A search on Angie's laptop showed they searched for a solvent trap/catcher. It is for cleaning and catches cleaning solvent but can easily be turned into a suppressor.

Last edited:
Money for purchases? There are several banks in George's April 28th Discovery with FW written all over them. Seems all 5 of them did banking together:

Bank of America, Capitol One, Chase Bank, Fifth Third, Fith Third passwords, First State Bank, Ohio Valley Bank, Sheffield Financial, Farm Credit.

According to Scheiderer they bought alot of items for the murder kit.
These supplies were bought on line with Jake's rewards card:

First "murder kit" purchase 2-26-16 from:

Invoice from Tactical Innovations Inc. Billed to Jake Wagner 260 Peterson Rd. Colt numerex 1911 thread adapter and thread protectors for 1 quantity Colt nunerex 1911. 22 Long Rifle.

Maglite flashlights generic version.

Drill Bit - also known as screw-machine. These provide maximum rigidity for drilling straighter holes. The Drill Bit size shows suppressor items being bought were for both a 22 and 40. I think the 40 is George's Glock.

George bought a captain America mask and a night scope.

They also went to local auto parts stores and using cash bought:

10 freeze plugs that suppress sound,
SKS Magazine, SKS ammo for a 30 caliber, AR15 is mentioned.
Masks, bug detector, counter surveillance items, brass catcher, AKS Mag big nuts, other nuts,

A search on Angie's laptop showed they searched for a solvent trap/catcher. It is for cleaning and catches cleaning solvent but can easily be turned into a suppressor.
So do we know if the gun that was bought beside the road at a rest stop area, is the sam gun that was used at the murders screen yet????

So do we know if the gun that was bought beside the road at a rest stop area, is the sam gun that was used at the murders screen yet????

Good question. If it is the Glock George bought at the rest stop George is not going to tell them and I don't know how they would find out except for CN who helped him buy it. CN would know details about it because they had to closely inspect the Glock to make sure it worked fine and everything.

A Glock was used in the crimes and George is known as a Glock man who bought a Glock through Facebook, this information won't help him in court. I wonder what came up in the ballistics report about matching the bullets to the rifling marks inside the 3 gun barrels.

Rifling refers to the spiral lands and grooves placed into the firearm's barrel to impart a spin on the bullet for accuracy.

The rifling characteristics alone can reveal what brand and/or model of firearm could have fired a specific projectile. Forensics uses a comparison microscope to compare a crime scene bullet to bullets test fired from a suspect firearm. Examiners generally test fire into a water recovery tank to obtain comparison bullets for evaluation under the microscope.

BRS-03_sm.jpg

Illuminated Water Tank

Matching bullets to handguns (Ballistic fingerprinting)
Bullet Recovery Systems Emark/Team Fabrication

Last edited:

I just feel it was transferred to family because of 3 of the interviews on discovery that were done and who I believe that to be . I could be way off.

I have long felt before any vehicles were identified that they would have jumped into the back of a truck instead of inside a vehicle. It would be so much easier to clean any evidence out of the bed of truck.

If they did transfer that truck to a family member they certainly liked to keep the murder related items all in the family. Also burying evidence on the farm.

There is not much about the F150 so possibly that was used for a lookout vehicle or used in some way that it would not be tied to the murders or used to transport things as you said.

4-21 GMC 10 photos
4-21 Warrant
4-21 Interview
4-27 Warrant
4-27 Interview
5-7 Interview - I do not believe that to be Jake on this interview.

Again, just my speculation.

Last edited:
Good question. If it is the Glock George bought at the rest stop George is not going to tell them and I don't know how they would find out except for CN who helped him buy it. CN would know details about it because they had to closely inspect the Glock to make sure it worked fine and everything.

A Glock was used in the crimes and George is known as a Glock man who bought a Glock through Facebook, this information won't help him in court. I wonder what came up in the ballistics report about matching the bullets to the rifling marks inside the 3 gun barrels.

Rifling refers to the spiral lands and grooves placed into the firearm's barrel to impart a spin on the bullet for accuracy.

The rifling characteristics alone can reveal what brand and/or model of firearm could have fired a specific projectile. Forensics uses a comparison microscope to compare a crime scene bullet to bullets test fired from a suspect firearm. Examiners generally test fire into a water recovery tank to obtain comparison bullets for evaluation under the microscope.

BRS-03_sm.jpg

Illuminated Water Tank

Matching bullets to handguns (Ballistic fingerprinting)
Bullet Recovery Systems Emark/Team Fabrication

They did do a ATF etrace on those guns, not that it gave them the information they needed on the Glock but it may have given them a starting point to find the original owner and possibly track it from person to person through interviews.

eTrace is a web-based application that tracks the purchase and/or use history of firearms used in violent crimes. The system, available in both English and Spanish, is key in generating investigative leads to help solve violent crimes across the country.

They did do a ATF etrace on those guns, not that it gave them the information they needed on the Glock but it may have given them a starting point to find the original owner and possibly track it from person to person through interviews.

eTrace is a web-based application that tracks the purchase and/or use history of firearms used in violent crimes. The system, available in both English and Spanish, is key in generating investigative leads to help solve violent crimes across the country.

So it's safe to assume from discovery and other information revealed at JW's hearing that the prosecution has

GW4's gun that was used to kill some of the Rhoden/Gilley family members
GW4 buying the parts for the silencer
A vehicle GW4 used the night of the murders
GW4 on recordings, social media, texts, etc. discussing his involvement in the murders and making aggressive violent threats against public officials if the family members are arrested
GW4's shoe prints at one of the crime scenes
GW4's own brother willing to testify in court about all details that night
GW4's own history of using violent means to plotting with his family to gain custody of his own child and that of JW

I can't wait until his next hearing to watch GW4 and his attorneys answer for all of that evidence and more.

JMO

OH - 8 Family Members Murdered, Pike Co., Media, Maps & Timeline *NO DISCUSSION*

GUILTY - OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #63

Pike County Massacre: BCI agent testifies about evidence against eldest Wagner son

GUILTY - OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #63

Rhoden family massacre: George Wagner IV pleads not guilty to 22 counts

https://www.wcpo.com/news/pike-county-massacre-suspects-could-face-new-accusations

Last edited:
These must be the vehicles they used that night. That Ford-F 150 sounds familiar. I think the car they bought for that night is the GMC Sierra. Looks like they hid it in Athens County and Jake led them to it and they had it towed to impound.

Ford-F 150
(67 images)

GMC Sierra

GMC Sierra Photos - Athens County (65 images)

GMC Sierra Photos - PCSO Impound (50 images)

Photos 4-21-21 (10 images)

Note Athens County is a few Counties over from Scioto County where the Wagners lived in South Webster. FWF is also in Scioto County.
map-of-ohio-counties.gif

Ohio County Maps
The Ford is the truck I had mentioned last week that I was trying to locate the picture of with the doors open . DNA testing was done after it was located.

The Ford is the truck I had mentioned last week that I was trying to locate the picture of with the doors open . DNA testing was done after it was located.
I had found the truck mentioned in an old thread on Websleuths the background of the page was blue. I can’t locate I now.

Ok found the thread. Sorry it’s s a 2000 Ford excursion.

I am very familiar with that picture. I do not recall a door being open and/or a child being in front of the picture I have seen of it. That is one that samples were taken from that we know of. I have that picture and the copy of the document showing the samples taken but it did not come from MSM so I cannot post that for you. If you like I can private message you with it. Just let me know.

Photo would be nice. I'll look around.

Well if they can Trace it back to the Facebook guy then right there is proof George was in possession of it.

Well if they can Trace it back to the Facebook guy then right there is proof George was in possession of it.

Yes I would think they could possibly trace it to the original owner at least and then work out from there interviewing people that may have owned it after if that information is known. Could be the original owner sold it to him.

Last edited:
Yes I would think they could possibly trace it to the original owner at least and then work out from there interviewing people that may have owned it after if that information is known. Could be the original owner sold it to him.

Don't guns have registered serial numbers?

Just tossing this out here.

It was stated George discussed his involvement in the homicides.
George never discussed his involvement in the homicides. Incriminating statements? Yes, but S said he never confessed and for him to talk about being involved in the murders is the same as confessing.

Incriminating statements:

If they have the gun they have the silencer.
I told you to get rid of your phone.
We have a family emergency.
Don't come down here we have company.
Jake's always getting us in trouble over a woman.
I want to bash Scheiderer's face in.
Make Reader pay make DeWine pay - violent tendencies Scheiderer said.
Making fun of Jake's religion many times.
We're being bugged don't say anything till we get home.
I bought a night scope - got a Captain America mask.

Last edited:
Don't guns have registered serial numbers?

Just tossing this out here.

It was stated George discussed his involvement in the homicides.
George never discussed his involvement in the homicides. Incriminating statements? Yes, but S said he never confessed and for him to talk about being involved in the murders is the same as confessing.

Incriminating statements:

If they have the gun they have the silencer.
I told you to get rid of your phone.
We have a family emergency.
Jake's always getting us in trouble over a woman.
I want to bash Scheiderer's face in.
Make Reader pay make DeWine pay - violent tendencies Scheiderer said.
Making fun of Jake's religion many times.
We're being bugged don't say anything till we get home.
I bought a night scope - got a Captain America mask.

They do have serial numbers and can probably be traced to at least the first person that owned it. After that it is probably not going to be traceable by the serial number. Probably would have to interview down the line if the person knows the name/picture of the person they sold it to. Sometimes guns are not sold on the up and up.

They do have serial numbers and can probably be traced to at least the first person that owned it. After that it is probably not going to be traceable by the serial number. Probably would have to interview down the line if the person knows the name/picture of the person they sold it to. Sometimes guns are not sold on the up and up.
Particularly at the side of a road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members