NV NV - Steven Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #22

I don’t think Steven was taking any drugs at all. I also don’t think he was passing out flyers. I think his landlord was into something shady/illegal and asked Steven to either pick up or deliver something to help cover the rent he owed. Steven may not have even known what it was. He most likely wound up in the wrong place at the wrong time or ran into some bad people.

If Steven agreed to deliver something for his land lord to make up for back rent, then why was the landlord calling Steven's parents about the back rent? If he and Steven had an agreement about doing errands to make up for back rent, then calling parents about late rent isn't necessary.

If Steven agreed to deliver something for his land lord to make up for back rent, then why was the landlord calling Steven's parents about the back rent? If he and Steven had an agreement about doing errands to make up for back rent, then calling parents about late rent isn't necessary.

He could have been covering for himself.

Or maybe it is to increase the pressure on Steven to accept the offer?

Or maybe it is to increase the pressure on Steven to accept the offer?

This is so long ago, I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that the LL contacted Steven's parents about the rent owed first. It was later that the LL said that he and Steven had "worked something out" (not exact verbiage) so that Steven could get the rent caught up. Just my memory.

I am a bit frustrated with all of the extensive drug addict theories being presented. This kid did not get involved in drugs and was not strung out. Maybe he was feeling nostalgic about his old girlfriend and thought he'd surprise her when he was in her area. Feeling a bit embarrassed about the reason for his trip, he tells the parents some story that ultimately doesn't check out. Bottom line is drug addicts, down on their luck making "supposedly" irrational 1300 miles trips with no return gas money is not the kind of person who says no to help with rent from his dad. Really? When was the last time any drug addict refused cash for any reason. Please. More likely, he ran into a crime in progress or became a victim of crime while he was in the neighborhood passing out flyers or simply got ambushed when he travelled to the culdesac where he clearly had had been prepared for a meeting of some sort. He was not a drug addict. 1. Check for other crimes committed in and around the areas he might have run up on while passing out the flyers. Maybe he was silenced by someone he saw. 2. Using digital records or micro film look at all the area job postings in the area for the weeks leading up to the disappearance. Especially any posting that might have stopped running after the date of disappearance. He answered help wanted ads. One of those ads might provide a deeper clue. Sacramento may play very heavy into the company, organization of person whom he might have met while possibly responding to a job offer. Otherwise, telling the xgf's parents he was on his way to Sacramento made little. Very little sense. Sac was on his mind for a reason.
I didn't get the impression that people were saying that Stephen was a drug addict. But the fact is that his landlord sold drugs and committed other times and his roommate also was involved in drug dealing. Then we find that the landlord's wife was posting numerous post on Websleuths early on trying to implicate that roommate in Steven's disappearance. Very suspicious.

No, but posts can be removed by moderators.

Note: per Websleuth's Terms of Service, sleuthing is limited to MSM, LE reports, and anyone named as a Person of Interest by LE.

So -- posting about another poster is generally not OK.

jmho ymmv lrr
If the post is here on websleuths, why can't we reference it? The landlady was allowed to make unsubstantiated posts because she was close to the case. We are just commenting on those posts, because they are suspicious.

Reading the posts of @stillLooking are highly suspicious. I suggest everyone go back and look at how much deflection is taking place.

BB’s wife is the poster and she references Steven’s roommate in every post. She goes from “he smoked pot” to “we heard a rumor he was one of the biggest drug dealers in Orem”.

The information she knows seems very suspicious considering she points the finger at the roommate yet her husband has been arrested several times for severe crimes. It’s not funny but almost absurd reading these posts. They are from Jan 14 to Apr 11.
In my opinion, this is the biggest break in the case, by far. An individual who goes to a lot of trouble to try to point the finger at somebody else should always be looked at carefully.

[QUOTE="velvta "then why was the landlord calling Steven's parents about the back rent?" [/QUOTE]

Yes, why was he calling them? Steven was a 30 year old man not a 14 year old child. Obviously Steven gave the number to him, but it just seems a bit juvenile, if he wanted to move away and stand on his own two feet.....

MOO

Another thing that stood out to me in the Henderson Report – It states that someone by the name of Angela Dimaggio suggested that the area southwest of Anthem Highlands Drive & Democracy Drive (approx. 2.5 miles from where Steven’s car was found)...

Has anybody figured out who the reporting party in the police report could be (AD)? I would also like to know whether Henderson police have followed up on the tip to search in the area of Anthem Highlands Drive & Democracy Drive? Obviously it is possible that a wrong name was given to report this. The location is close enough to where his car was found that it should have been investigated!

This case is so fascinating to me but I have never really dove in. I tried to listen to the Unfound podcast about it but it seemed to pick up halfway through a story. What would be the place to get the best intro/overview for this case before diving in deeper?

This case is so fascinating to me but I have never really dove in. I tried to listen to the Unfound podcast about it but it seemed to pick up halfway through a story. What would be the place to get the best intro/overview for this case before diving in deeper?

Just go all the way back to Thread #1 here, and Google for more when you see something interesting.

A few pages back, the actual police reports are posted.

jmho ymmv lrr

The episode “Secrets of a son” of the “Disappeared” show will give you a quick intro: Season 3, Ep 15, Aired 4/11/11

To cover for himself/look innocent.

I concur on the disappeared episode as a great starting point.

Have you seen the series on YT by Arrin Stoner, very interesting....
Wow these are good. The latest has an interview with Steven’s roommate from the LL house.

Arrin’s work and the Unfound podcast host’s work is some very detailed and thoughtful investigative reporting. Arrin even mentioned a reward out of his own pocket for info leading to what happened.

Very impressed.

Just a note to the new followers of the SK case: On the Sunday that SK parked in Anthem it was very windy all day. I recall trying to work in my garden, and the wind caused me to postpone my gardening. When scent dogs were taken to the location it was too late for the dogs to smell anything.

So the California ping could just be a data entry error according to former journalist/current atty Stephen Jackson and Arrin Stoner per Arrin’s latest video. They talked a lot about the other pings. Does anyone have a link to a ping timeline? I thought there was one on here before but I can’t find it.

On page 9 of the HPD report, they mention one of the Anthem Security Guards observed Steven's car in the days following his disappearance and noticed the car windows were "fogged up", like someone had been sleeping in there. Why does this feel more significant to me than anyone else?

On page 9 of the HPD report, they mention one of the Anthem Security Guards observed Steven's car in the days following his disappearance and noticed the car windows were "fogged up", like someone had been sleeping in there. Why does this feel more significant to me than anyone else?

And, if your job title is Security Guard -- you merely report an unknown person sleeping in an unknown car a few yards away from the people you are paid to protect???

Is this a gated community? If so, wasn't this trespassing?

jmho ymmv lrr

And, if your job title is Security Guard -- you merely report an unknown person sleeping in an unknown car a few yards away from the people you are paid to protect???

Is this a gated community? If so, wasn't this trespassing?

jmho ymmv lrr
The police report isn't the most accurate thing I've read..some spelling mistakes, etc. It says "The officer did not make contact with the occupants and did not observe any subjects inside the vehicle". (It reads, to me, that"Occupants" and "subjects" are the same thing). The officer assumed that someone was sleeping inside the vehicle as the windows appeared to be fogged over consistent with someone breathing inside it. The officer did not make contact as they are told not to do so"

Could've been moisture that went in and does not easily go out again, which causes condensation on the windows.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back