GA - Gene Siller, 41, Paul Pierson, 76, & Henry Valdez, 46, murdered, Cobb Co, 3 July 2021 *ARREST*

scdiv

Reaction score
Golf pro shot dead by man in pickup truck at Georgia country club

Golf pro Gene Siller shot dead at Georgia country club

A golf pro at a Georgia country club was fatally shot near the course’s 18th hole Saturday, according to officials and reports.

Gene Siller, 41, was on the course of the Pinetree Country Club near Kennesaw around 2:30 p.m. when he was gunned down, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

Police have only said that the gunman’s pickup truck drove onto the course and got stuck — with the driver then shooting Siller when he went to investigate.

No arrests have been reported.

“We are still in the preliminary stages of the investigation and will provide additional details as they are received,” Cobb County Officer Shenise Barner told the outlet.

Pro golfer shot and killed on Georgia country club golf course

Pro golfer shot and killed on Georgia country club golf course

Gene Siller was shot at Pinetree Country Club's golf course by a man who drove a white pickup truck into a sand trap, according to local reports.

Siller, who was in his 40s, was a member of the Pinetree Country Club staff and had previously worked as the director of golf and head golf pro at Summit Chase Country Club, according to the Gwinnett Daily Post. Kennesaw is about 30 miles northwest of Atlanta.

Since 2007, Siller had regularly competed in Georgia's PGA Section golfing tournaments, the Post reported.

Siller, a husband and father of two, was reportedly responding to an issue on the course's 10th hole when a man in a white truck pulled his vehicle onto a sand trap nearby, according to the Post. When Siller went to talk with the man in the vehicle, he was shot and later died.

The course is near Kennesaw State University and the KSU Office of Emergency Management tweeted on Saturday that the suspect "is a Hispanic Male considered armed and dangerous. Suspect is 6'1" and 170 lbs and was last seen wearing a white T-shirt."

The Cobb County Police Department is investigating the shooting.

Two more bodies found in country club golf course shooting that killed Cobb man

SABBM:
COBB COUNTY, Ga. — Cobb County police are investigating a triple homicide at a country club Saturday afternoon.

Police say Pinetree Country Club employee Gene Siller was found with a gunshot wound to the head at the 10th hole.

Investigators also found a white Ram 3500 pick-up truck parked on the green. Two other bodies were found in the bed of the truck. Both had been shot.

One of the two bodies found in the truck’s bed was identified as Paul Pierson, the registered owner of the truck. The third victim has not yet been identified.

This is really horrible and weird. So maybe the killer murdered those two people for some reason (carjacking?), then drove off and somehow got stuck in the golf bunker, and killed Siller when he approached the truck because he was afraid Siller would see the dead bodies and call the police? Or was it just a random killing spree altogether?

I wonder if the ones he killed first were other golfers. Unbelievable that this person seems to have just executed a man, ditched the truck with two bodies and got away without a witness.

Sounds like there was at least one witness since they have a description of the killer. But I'm guessing those who saw him were so terrified that they didn't dare give chase. I wouldn't have either!

"The university sent out an alert out warning students about the shooting. They said the suspect is a Hispanic male wearing a white t-shirt, work pants and possibly a hat. He is 6′1′' and weighs around 170 lbs."

I live a few miles from the country club in question but have never played at this club (or played in general).

A theory I've heard from locals is that he might have, in some altered state, thought he could dump the bodies in Frey Lake. He'd have come in from the subdivision to the north, following the red line, and gotten stuck in a sandpit. The golf pro would've been in the clubhouse to the south, probably, and even without a report it's likely possible to see a truck stuck on the green. The golf pro would've followed the blue line to investigate. Here's the map: https://i.imgur.com/qULDTZX.jpg

Keep in mind since I've never played I'm not positive that's the tenth green, but it lines up with the diagram of the hole on their website. Why someone would want to dump a body in that lake I don't know, there are more secluded places to dump a body.

Oh, also adding that in addition to Kennesaw State University (a pretty big school) being nearby, there was a Fourth of July celebration downtown that night which is about 2 miles from the scene of the murder. There were hundreds gathered for that; I wondered at having it so close to the murder scene and only six or so hours later.

Also, Kennesaw is about 35,000 people and typically pretty safe. Over the past six years, we've had two homicides total. A triple homicide is big here.

This a very strange setup. I’ve got some questions.
Originally I thought the golf course was out in the country somewhere but looking at a map it’s surrounded by houses, Kennesaw St, etc.
So this killer shot the people in the truck. I’m guessing he either knew these people or it was a carjacking. In pictures the truck looks pretty new.
Why is he driving onto a golf course in broad daylight on a Saturday? If he’s wanting to get rid of the bodies this doesn’t seem like a good plan if he didn’t want to get caught.
If the killer had some grudge against Siller and was trying to provoke a confrontation, this seems like a pretty complicated plan and why kill two extra people?
The truck looks very stuck in the photo so I guess the killer escaped on foot after killing Siller. Looking at the map, how did he get away? Did LE just not start looking for him until hours later.
I’m puzzled and would love to know what others think.

We live in Cobb County, about 20 minutes from this golf course. This story is crazy. I had also seen speculation that the shooter was trying to dump the bodies, but in broad daylight, on a holiday weekend, on a golf course makes absolutely no sense. I don’t know if there is more to the story, or the shooter was just desperate, but this is so bizarre.

We live in Cobb County, about 20 minutes from this golf course. This story is crazy. I had also seen speculation that the shooter was trying to dump the bodies, but in broad daylight, on a holiday weekend, on a golf course makes absolutely no sense. I don’t know if there is more to the story, or the shooter was just desperate, but this is so bizarre.
Are you hearing anything there in Cobb County about the victim named Paul Pierson? Who he is, his background?

It is still bizarre to me that after shooting Siller the guy walks/runs away through this residential area and gets away. Does LE not know how to block off roads and search a neighborhood? It’s just weird. All of it.

Last edited:
Are you hearing anything there in Cobb County about the victim named Paul Pierson? Who he is, his background?
There has been very little said about Mr. Pierson - that’s one of the strange things about this situation. The only information that has been released about him is that he was the owner of the truck. It wasn’t even made public that there were two other victims until late yesterday afternoon, over 24 hours after it happened.

There has been very little said about Mr. Pierson - that’s one of the strange things about this situation. The only information that has been released about him is that he was the owner of the truck. It wasn’t even made public that there were two other victims until late yesterday afternoon, over 24 hours after it happened.

Has there been any local talk about whether the bodies in the back of the truck looked like they had just been tossed in there or if they were concealed in some way?

I also wonder if this could be connected to another crime that happened before he stole the truck. Was he so desperate to get away from somewhere that he hijacked the truck and executed the occupants to eliminate witnesses?

I live a few miles from the country club in question but have never played at this club (or played in general).

A theory I've heard from locals is that he might have, in some altered state, thought he could dump the bodies in Frey Lake. He'd have come in from the subdivision to the north, following the red line, and gotten stuck in a sandpit. The golf pro would've been in the clubhouse to the south, probably, and even without a report it's likely possible to see a truck stuck on the green. The golf pro would've followed the blue line to investigate. Here's the map: https://i.imgur.com/qULDTZX.jpg

<snipped>

Thank you for the aerial view. A truck driving onto the middle of the golf course in the middle of the day is bizarre. A truck doing that and resulting in 3 shooting deaths is an anomaly that defies explanation. How and why would something like this happen, and the perpetrator be able to escape capture? It makes me think of someone unhinged, but savvy enough to elude authorities.

This is the kind of random crime that is so senseless it chills me. I cannot even imagine how the loved ones of Mr. Siller are dealing with this workplace killing. And it is the kind of workplace setting that is entirely out of place from where other workplace murders have happened. It is baffling and tragic.

Police still searching for shooter who killed 3 at Kennesaw golf course

Two bodies in the back of a dodge 3500.
Pro golfer Gene Siller and two other men shot dead on Georgia course
Officers also found a white Dodge Ram 3500 pick-up truck that belonged to Paul Pierson on the green. Then, they discovered Pierson's body and that of another man in the pick-up's bed. Both had been shot. Gene was found on the tenth hole.

Anyone find if odd that they are making Gene Stiller the special victim,in the news headline? Why not Paul ,it was his truck Like it read like Gene was working and collecting balls ..or whatever ,he was at the 10th hole which seems pretty far from a parking lot.. I read the article 16 times and tried to make the headline important ..it just wasn't according to what they said and Well I doubt this kind of crap is without a clear direction of motive.

Two bodies in the back of a dodge 3500.
Pro golfer Gene Siller and two other men shot dead on Georgia course
Officers also found a white Dodge Ram 3500 pick-up truck that belonged to Paul Pierson on the green. Then, they discovered Pierson's body and that of another man in the pick-up's bed. Both had been shot. Gene was found on the tenth hole.

Anyone find if odd that they are making Gene Stiller the special victim,in the news headline? Why not Paul ,it was his truck Like it read like Gene was working and collecting balls ..or whatever ,he was at the 10th hole which seems pretty far from a parking lot.. I read the article 16 times and tried to make the headline important ..it just wasn't according to what they said and Well I doubt this kind of crap is without a clear direction of motive.

Agreed, why is all the focus on Gene Siller and why hasn't the third person yet been identified? Perhaps Police haven't been able to yet contact next of kin? I also wonder if the first two men were golfers? Maybe leaving the golf course and getting in the truck in the parking lot?

Who is Paul Pierson? I can't find any info online about a Paul Pierson connected to Kennesaw. And a quick property search doesn't show anyone by that name owning a house in either Cobb, Cherokee or Fulton County.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back