Canada - Doctor charged with murder after multiple deaths at Hawkesbury, Ont. hospital, 26 Mar 2021

very interesting that his squabbles had to do with his changing charts more than once which he calls misunderstandings
I think this guy's responsible for more deaths than we will ever know about because people are reticent to report co-workers, even in the hospital industry
He says that on one occasion, another doctor instructed him to change a chart to include broader antibiotics. Say this did happen, would it be an instruction to falsify records, or to change the treatment? Or could it be either?

From the above link:

“On March 17, a twitter account @NadlerDr tweeted a cryptic all-capitals message to actor Ryan Reynolds warning about the dangers of COVID-19:

“Coronavirus: I AM A FRONT LINE PHYSICIAN IN CANADA REQUESTING YOU AND EVERYONE YOU CAN TELL TO SPREAD- TO TELL UR FANS AND FOLLOWERS TO SELF-ISOLATE IMMEDIATELY. We DO NOT have enough ventilators for even the young & healthy! – Dr. Nadler, Ontario Internist”“

From the above link:

“On March 17, a twitter account @NadlerDr tweeted a cryptic all-capitals message to actor Ryan Reynolds warning about the dangers of COVID-19:

“Coronavirus: I AM A FRONT LINE PHYSICIAN IN CANADA REQUESTING YOU AND EVERYONE YOU CAN TELL TO SPREAD- TO TELL UR FANS AND FOLLOWERS TO SELF-ISOLATE IMMEDIATELY. We DO NOT have enough ventilators for even the young & healthy! – Dr. Nadler, Ontario Internist”“
I think this was posted above. Still, I find that Nadler's actions in writing this tweet to be very bizarre! MOO

From the above link:

I know the tweet seems extreme, but in March of 2020 the lack of ventilators was an urgent issue at that point of time in the medical community. In that context the Tweet is similar to what many in the medical community were saying.

Although, in light of the murder charges against him I can see how it is worrisome, IMO.

I know the tweet seems extreme, but in March of 2020 the lack of ventilators was an urgent issue at that point of time in the medical community. In that context the Tweet is similar to what many in the medical community were saying.

Although, in light of the murder charges against him I can see how it is worrisome, IMO.

I don't find the tweet itself to be odd. I find it strange that he directed it to an actor who he (presumably) doesn't know at all.

But why tweet a celebrity? Why not tweet a governor or such?

But why tweet a celebrity? Why not tweet a governor or such?

I can only speak of the Toronto and Nova Scotia government response: they were keenly aware of the possible ventilator shortages and how social distancing and safe practices could save lives, and were trying to convey the message.

Ryan Reynolds has over 17 million followers on Twitter alone, and a lot of influence. Many healthcare workers were appealing to celebrities, trying to amplify messages about PPE shortages and other COVID-related issues (wearing masks and proper hygiene). Reynolds and other celebrities did use their celebrity platforms to help spread the message, they were very helpful.

I don't find the tweet itself to be odd. I find it strange that he directed it to an actor who he (presumably) doesn't know at all.

I follow a few verified Twitter accounts who are healthcare workers and they’ve tagged celebrities hoping the message gets amplified. IMO, that’s what he was trying to do. (It may have been more useful if he was a regular user with connections to his peer group.)

ETA: Here’s an example of Ryan using his platform to help the medical community last April:
B9A11503-694A-466C-B9D5-76226751A6D6.png
https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/1246969255557545984?s=20

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members