SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://publicindex.sccourts.org/Co...118077795565657889995547531008670796671817385

https://publicindex.sccourts.org/co...?CourtAgency=15002&RosterID=151&RosterCode=MO
Under "Roster Selection Roster News" (in above link)

COMMON PLEAS MOTION DOCKET

JULY 22, 2021

THE HONORABLE ROBERT J. BONDS PRESIDING

DOCKET SOUNDING – THURSDAY JULY 22, 2021

9:30AM

COLLETON COUNTY COURTHOUSE

101 HAMPTON ST.

WALTERBORO, S.C. 29488

To: Members of the Colleton County Bar Association and all others who have cases pending in the Court of Common Pleas in Colleton County.

The Honorable Bentley Price, Chief Judge for Administrative purposes, 14th Judicial Circuit, has ordered all persons who have cases listed on the published Motion Roster to be present for the Roster Sounding for the Thursday July 22, 2021 in the Colleton County Courthouse.

I am beginning to wonder if there will ever be any resolution to this. Maybe the feeling is…keep everything secret…and in time, people forget…it all goes away.
Great post!! That’s it exactly.
You are so right. And I can’t help but wonder if they had settled the civil suit with Mrs Beach, would that have been the end of it. Now, there are questions in other cases that they thought were taken care of. Paul, sooner or later, was going to bring the family down. And they were so far above the real world they couldn’t see it.

https://publicindex.sccourts.org/Co...118077795565657889995547531008670796671817385

https://publicindex.sccourts.org/co...?CourtAgency=15002&RosterID=151&RosterCode=MO

JULY 22, 2021

101 HAMPTON ST.

WALTERBORO, S.C. 29488

To: Members of the Colleton County Bar Association and all others who have cases pending in the Court of Common Pleas in Colleton County.

The Honorable Bentley Price, Chief Judge for Administrative purposes, 14th Judicial Circuit, has ordered all persons who have cases listed on the published Motion Roster to be present for the Roster Sounding for the Thursday July 22, 2021 in the Colleton County Courthouse.
I'm sorry zen, I'm not understanding what this is?

Colleton Co. Murdaugh murders lead to questioning revenge, phone found nearby

Not much new here.

“The rumors suggesting revenge come after the Murdaugh murders brought renewed attention to two other deaths involving the family.

The first is the 2018 death of the family’s housekeeper Gloria Satterfield.

"Satterfield died from a trip and fall and no one was arrested. One of the Murdaughs was named in a civil suit and there was a settlement of $500,000 paid to Gloria Satterfields’ family."

JULY 22, 2021

101 HAMPTON ST.

WALTERBORO, S.C. 29488

Please can someone explain? Thanks

You are so right. And I can’t help but wonder if they had settled the civil suit with Mrs Beach, would that have been the end of it. Now, there are questions in other cases that they thought were taken care of. Paul, sooner or later, was going to bring the family down. And they were so far above the real world they couldn’t see it.
I think "the family" was fully aware of the serious issues PM had become or always was. Could be PM was having none of it and as the youngest, perhaps MM was protecting him from any repercussions. It's hard to fight a son and a very protective mother or wife regardless of who was trying to administer discipline. JMO

wistv.com in Columbia has an update report that amounts to nothing but another M family history.
Thing that stands out to me in that update report is a 17 year Lowcountry criminal defense attorney speaking her mind on this.

“Someone from law enforcement said the public should not be in fear. And no one has been arrested to date, and so it doesn’t make sense to me,” Williams said. “I’m sure there is an explanation for that that’s plausible, but just as a member of the general public, I don’t understand it. We’ve got two murders in Colleton County and we’ve got no arrests.”

I'm not sure he was at the scene of the boat accident but he and his dad were at the hospital where PM and the rest of the boat occupants were taken for treatment.

AM called his brothers and asked them to come immediately to the crime scene. I’ve always thought of this as just family support.

But now I’m thinking of the quick appearance at the hospital a few years ago… in order to prevent statements, tests…essentially controlling the investigation. As admitted, this was their right, all legal etc…but they weren’t just there to make sure PM was uninjured as the other families might have been.They were also there as lawyers, protecting PM.

Now they are called by PM to come to the scene of these two murders. Was this just moral support…or as immediate legal representation as the police began their work? Certainly one of the brothers is an attorney in the (as described in the media) ‘powerful law firm.”

To my knowledge, LE has not formally ruled out AM. But the Brothers soon went on National TV and THEY asserted he had an air-tight alibi. Was their appearance s just the bereaved family reaching out for help…or did it have another objective as well…of controlling the narrative?

These questions come up because the only template we have at the moment…to assess THIS investigation and the interaction between the M family and all aspects of LE in that area…is what we know about their previous interaction in the boating case…on behalf of PM. We see what was done and interestingly, what was NOT done.

What is being done or not done…in this case right now? The public doesn’t know. Of course, we have SLED investigating now. But for warrants and so forth, aren’t they pretty much operating within the same system?

On another note, I’m also thinking a bit out if the box about MM’s cell phone. Does LE have any way of telling when it actually got in the road outside the Lodge? Was it there from the night of the murders…or placed there later??

Just opinions only and uninformed musings this early morning.

I had the same thought about the Beach law suit.

With out knowing the amount that would satisfy the suit or that settling the law suit would admit guilt.

I have a feeling that any law suit against PM would sideline his potential career as a lawyer.

I had the same thought about the Beach law suit.

With out knowing the amount that would satisfy the suit or that settling the law suit would admit guilt.

I have a feeling that any law suit against PM would sideline his potential career as a lawyer.

PM was not named as a defendant in the civil suit.

Guaranteed that both PM/BM could have joined PMPED if and when they both passed the state bar exam.

July 22, 2021 is the date wherein all pending Common Pleas filed with the court will be assigned a date and a judge.

The lawyer representing The Post and Courier's Common Plea will attend either physically or in person to attain a date and judge for the hearing of their Common Plea.

A date will be assigned for the Common Plea filed by The Post and Courier as well as the name of the judge on July 22nd.

JULY 22, 2021

101 HAMPTON ST.

WALTERBORO, S.C. 29488

I know we had an article that said a grand jury was looking into obstruction of justice in the boating case. Do we know when this was impaneled? Did the family know of this before the murders?

The patriarch of this powerful and prestigious family was dying. That’s a big stressor.

I would imagine that ‘reputation’ was a big thing for this family. If they hear of this GJ that would be a tremendous additional stressor! Add to that PM’s trial, which couldn’t be put off forever. And the civil suit.

This family was on stress overload. Interesting…

PM was not named as a defendant in the civil suit.

Guaranteed that both PM/BM could have joined PMPED if and when they both passed the state bar exam.

But not PM…not if he was convicted in the boat trial. At least I don’t think so.

So, am I reading this right? It will be months before LE is compelled to release info?

Asking again, is there any way LE can ascertain from the location services… if MM’s cell was in the road from the time of the crime…or placed there later?

July 22nd is the date when all "pending" Common Pleas will be assigned a date and a judge to hear it. This will include the Common Plea filed on June 17th by The Post and Courier.

It's just to schedule the date and the judge.

So the case could be solved by the time the Post and Courier gets a decision on the their request for information ...

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member