GA - Gene Siller, 41, Paul Pierson, 76, & Henry Valdez, 46, murdered, Cobb Co, 3 July 2021 *ARREST*

I wonder where the initial confrontation with the truck owner took place. I wouldn’t necessarily rule out a connection to golf (if not the victims). Golf players will visit local golf courses when on business travel, and retirees sometimes continue on a consulting basis, especially if they are in a high-demand field and/or hold special expertise.

I work in property management so I have a background check software service. In a search for Paul Pierson's aged 76, there are only 2 listed in the US - Oklahoma and Nevada. If that is correct that is a long way to drive. I wonder if the three men drove together?

I couldn't find a photo that even had the license in the photo to determine which state the truck is from.

To shoot two people, then load two dead bodies in a stolen truck and cover them is strange enough. And then to drive a truck on a golf course. Just can't figure it out. Why not leave the bodies where they were shot? Did they get shot the night before, or during broad daylight as with the third guy.

In one respect it sound like the perp was in a drug crazed state, then again........ dunno.

I couldn't find a photo that even had the license in the photo to determine which state the truck is from.

To shoot two people, then load two dead bodies in a stolen truck and cover them is strange enough. And then to drive a truck on a golf course. Just can't figure it out. Why not leave the bodies where they were shot? Did they get shot the night before, or during broad daylight as with the third guy.

In one respect it sound like the perp was in a drug crazed state, then again........ dunno.
Maybe they were shot in the bed of the truck. Not to sound gruesome, but in the online photos the truck was white and looked pretty clean and loading 2 bloody bodies into the bed of a truck would have been messy.

Georgia Golf Pro Was Gunned Down After He Witnessed a Crime, Police Say

Cor*y Ev*ns, an instructor at the country club, told The Atlanta Journal Constitution that Mr. Siller had dropped by the club on Saturday to remind his staff that the driving range would be used to set off fireworks that weekend.

Siller had a million things to do on Saturday, one of the club’s busiest days of the year, said instructor Co*ey E*ans. But he dropped by for a friendly reminder to staff that the driving range would be used as the shooting ground for the weekend’s fireworks display.

I just found this vehicle registered to the 76 year old Paul Pierson in Nevada.....is this the truck?
2012 GMC SIERRA 2500HD
<modsnip VIN>

Last reported color Summit White

Last reported mileage 94,130 miles in Apr 2015

Last edited by a moderator:
Wondering where Mr. Pierson’s cellphone is at this time. Did the suspect toss it ahead of going to the golf course or could it have been left in the truck during the haste after unexpectedly shooting Siller? Driving into this golf course on a sunny Saturday to possibly unload two bodies into a lake and getting stuck doesn’t seem like the work of a mastermind (though he is the one walking free right now) so I could imagine maybe he left some clues behind. Maybe LE isn’t as concerned because they are following up on those clues. Let’s hope.

Found this story from the Rome, Ga. newspaper and if you click through truck photos, shows an image of the back of the bed but I can’t make out the plate. Looks like contractor type stuff in the back. You can also see the lake in the background from where the truck got stuck. I wonder if this guy was so focused on getting to the lake, he didn’t know the other side of that berm had a sand trap.
Police: Murdered golf pro 'happened upon a crime in progress'

Last edited:
I just found this vehicle registered to the 76 year old Paul Pierson in Nevada.....is this the truck?
2012 GMC SIERRA 2500HD
1GT220C88CZ227196

The news reports identify it as a Ram, though. Dodge. See the photo caption here: Police: Murdered golf pro 'happened upon a crime in progress'

eta: And I just found this gem farther down in the article: " The truck has a Kansas license plate, the MDJ observed at the scene on Saturday."

Last edited:
2012 GMC SIERRA 2500HD
<modsnip number until we know this is verified match>

Is this the same as a Ram 3500 (as that's what was stated in the news reports)?? Don't laugh... I know nuthin' about vehicles.

Is this the same as a Ram 3500 (as that's what was stated in the news reports)?? Don't laugh... I know nuthin' about vehicles.

Yeah. Dodge Ram 3500. Looks like it's got the extended cab. I don't think it's real new.

I never laugh at people's car questions :D

That's a heavy duty truck, the kind you might use for pulling something like a large horse trailer.

Y’all have some really good questions, and some really good theories! Local news has said that Mr. Pierson’s family will release a statement tomorrow, but is asking for privacy. I guess I find that odd based on the amount of publicity Mr. Siller has gotten, and it makes me even more anxious to hear their statement.

I work in property management so I have a background check software service. In a search for Paul Pierson's aged 76, there are only 2 listed in the US - Oklahoma and Nevada. If that is correct that is a long way to drive. I wonder if the three men drove together?

I suggest checking for age 75 as well. If his birthday is later in the year and they only had his birthdate, it’s an easy mistake to make.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74
Back