UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its odd the reconstruction on the NYP website show a red car but makes no mention of the colour or possible style of the vehilce, Im coming up with a blank on these details when searching the sighting, has anyone else found the same. Likewise has anyone asked Cold Case for some clarity on this?
Let’s face it - it’s unlikely there was a car with its door flung open. All contact/activity ceases at 8.23pm on the 16th. Cold case have stated Claudia lawrance was not seen anywhere on the 19th, not on cctv and not by anyone who knew her.

<modsnip> SC maybe never saw AC and CL passionate embrace on 13.03.09 or maybe she did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Missing Claudia Lawrence's friend 'crippled by guilt' over disappearance

Suzy last saw Claudia on Friday, March 13, 2009 – five days before she was last seen. She says: “Everybody was in the pub for the Cheltenham Gold Cup. Claudia had been in the pub all day.

“She was plastered by the time I got there at 9pm after work and I didn’t really spend any time with her. I regret it so much. I kick myself about that. I beat myself up. I would have said different things to her that Friday.”

so S.C. Arrived at 9pm, agreed as above she may of seen embraces, she may of not, though by now at 9pm you’d of thought the party would be in full swing. According to the article - S.C. Says “I would have said different things that Friday “ so it implies there was conversation. They arranged to meet up on Thursday evening (5 days later) according to the article. According to the article when Claudia no showed - JK. Also tried to contact her - without success - (she lives a few doors away )

ADMIN NOTE:

Posters who continually disrupt discussion with negative or derogatory references to other members and "distractions" will lose posting privileges in this discussion.

Such posts get removed, along with ALL responses that emanate from the original post.

Discuss the post and not the poster. If you can't post with respect and courtesy toward other members, Websleuths is not the place for you.

Let’s face it - it’s unlikely there was a car with its door flung open. All contact/activity ceases at 8.23pm on the 16th. Cold case have stated Claudia lawrance was not seen anywhere on the 19th, not on cctv and not by anyone who knew her.

Personally to date I have no reason to doubt the sighting wether it was CL or another female is another matter.
Ray Galloway is clear in this Crimewatch programme when viewing the reconstruction footage of the couple on melrosegate bridge and University rd he says - We dont know its the same couple and in fact on neither occassion do we know its Claudia
Its a complex case keeping an open mind is key if it wasnt Claudia then was it someone else who is key to the case?.
I take the view If NYP are interested in a person, vehicle, location or item then I am too.
All we know about Claudia Lawrence, 12 years on from the day she vanished

Last edited:
Personally to date I have no reason to doubt the sighting wether it was CL or another female is another matter.
Ray Galloway is clear in this Crimewatch programme when viewing the reconstruction footage of the couple on melrosegate bridge and University rd he says - We dont know its the same couple and in fact on neither occassion do we know its Claudia
Its a complex case keeping an open mind is key if it wasnt Claudia then was it someone else who is key to the case?.
I take the view If NYP are interested in a person, vehicle, location or item then I am too.
All we know about Claudia Lawrence, 12 years on from the day she vanished
Spot on !And the fact no one came forward ( claiming it was them ) gives credence to the possible fact it WAS the perpetrator and Claudia .

Spot on !And the fact no one came forward ( claiming it was them ) gives credence to the possible fact it WAS the perpetrator and Claudia .
One sighting of a girl with possibly the wrong colour hair and back facing towards them, described as not necessarily slim. Impossible to know wether it was Claudia. If connected to her disappearance, it would be equally as possible that both the male and female were indeed the perpetrators themselves.I am very surprised NYP put so much emphasis on these two single sightings by single witnesses. Usually they require more than one person to have seen the same person at the same location to feel it is a possible lead for the investigation. The perpetrators could have someone call in these sightings as a diversion and Claudia has never left Heworth road at any point. Perhaps her remains will be discovered in a local plot of land that was later purchased and someone is keeping a careful eye on it. Who knows, It is all speculation but so is the left hand smoker IMO x

"described as not necessarily slim"

What a wonderful description of anyone. :p
I know! Though I do believe Claudia had a great figure :) It is a shame that the public sent many messages through the family and friend facebook group set up for Claudia. So much Information deleted if you do not believe Claudia was murdered by a perpetrator unknown to her, and abducted on route to work. I feel so much information was lost by those persons who run these groups and would advise people to Inform the police as their admin left in anger at how much Information was getting destroyed :( I feel that there are answers/Information by locals missed as a result of this x

I know! Though I do believe Claudia had a great figure :) It is a shame that the public sent many messages through the family and friend facebook group set up for Claudia. So much Information deleted if you do not believe Claudia was murdered by a perpetrator unknown to her, and abducted on route to work. I feel so much information was lost by those persons who run these groups and would advise people to Inform the police as their admin left in anger at how much Information was getting destroyed :( I feel that there are answers/Information by locals missed as a result of this x
And this is why Golloway asked for people to go directly to him ( police ) and not on Facebook!!

If the landlord would be first person to go and check CL house after she disappeared, why would they have let a stranger come into the pub and let him go after showing pictures of a rugsack like Claudia’s - this would have been hugely relevant surely they would have insisted the person stayed put while they called the Police?

Claudia Lawrence Detective Warns 'Lying Lovers' Face Arrest

as the article states the police feel it’s likely a perp/perps known to Claudia - you could be right and Claudia could be under the noses of police within Heworth - it’s a possibility.

One sighting of a girl with possibly the wrong colour hair and back facing towards them, described as not necessarily slim. Impossible to know wether it was Claudia. If connected to her disappearance, it would be equally as possible that both the male and female were indeed the perpetrators themselves.I am very surprised NYP put so much emphasis on these two single sightings by single witnesses. Usually they require more than one person to have seen the same person at the same location to feel it is a possible lead for the investigation. The perpetrators could have someone call in these sightings as a diversion and Claudia has never left Heworth road at any point. Perhaps her remains will be discovered in a local plot of land that was later purchased and someone is keeping a careful eye on it. Who knows, It is all speculation but so is the left hand smoker IMO x

@Vixey can I just query this so I am clear. Is the sighting you mention related to the male and female on melrosegate bridge on thurs morn, the couple arguing on University rd or a completely different sighting?

@Vixey can I just query this so I am clear. Is the sighting you mention related to the male and female on melrosegate bridge on thurs morn, the couple arguing on University rd or a completely different sighting?
Melrosegate, however it could be said for both. No Clear image and only one person sighting x

Melrosegate, however it could be said for both. No Clear image and only one person sighting x

I queried the Melrosegate bridge sighting with Cold Case sometime ago because initially we were led to believe it was Thurs morn and then in a Crimewatch update it was corrected as being Weds and not Thurs as previously reported. In discussion with C.Case I was advised that the original report was indeed on Thurs that was from the cyclist. But I was also informed that a person in vehicle also reported a sighting of the couple on Melrosegate bridge on Weds. - I asked if the passing motorist was a local person (hoping to possibly getting a def id that this sighting was of CL) but unfortunately the motorist wasnt local and was just passing through that day.
I was an interesting disclosure.. I was wondering have you seen any mention of a weds sighting posted elsewhere?

Last edited:
I think the police are right … it was someone she knew … the mystery boyfriend existed IMO but his name has not come up as yet !!
I’m interested in your opinion as you have been on this board for a long time.
You are certain that the people arrested had nothing to do with CL disappearance, but in your opinion that it was a ‘mystery’ boyfriend that could have been involved.
Could you please clarify why you would think this? Thanks

there was also a couple reported to have been outside
I’m interested in your opinion as you have been on this board for a long time.
You are certain that the people arrested had nothing to do with CL disappearance, but in your opinion that it was a ‘mystery’ boyfriend that could have been involved.
Could you please clarify why you would think this? Thanks
The "mystery" boyfriend and one of the men arrested could be the same person, perhaps a new man on the scene, perhaps only a few days - IMO

Were the couple on Melrosegate bridge look outs?? The Melrosegate shops cctv camera footage of the morn of Thurs 19th shows activity that im my opinion is highly suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member