NY NY - Lysander, Oswego River, WhtMale 25-35, UP6056, Italian Mano Cornuto amulet & cornicello, Jun'76

Good point. Agreed. I’ll make a note.
New York has been a tad bit difficult, as they originally had some laws that don't allow companies to work their cases, but I'm pretty sure those have since been lifted, like with the ID if Valerie Mack in Long Island last year.

New York has been a tad bit difficult, as they originally had some laws that don't allow companies to work their cases, but I'm pretty sure those have since been lifted, like with the ID if Valerie Mack in Long Island last year.

This website has some additional information. I'm sure I had read that at least one out of state lab had been accredited, but I can't find it.

Forensic Laboratory Accreditation - NY DCJS

So are the listed ones municipalities that work with outside organizations?

I think they're municipalities that have their own labs? Not sure though. It's complicated and they aren't very good at explaining.

I know I've been told by people who work in the NY system that it's very difficult to get permission to use an outside agency.

I think they're municipalities that have their own labs? Not sure though. It's complicated and they aren't very good at explaining.

I know I've been told by people who work in the NY system that it's very difficult to get permission to use an outside agency.
I wonder how much of that had to do with the fact Long Island police officers are suspected to be perpetrators of some of these violent crimes.

Before I start reinventing the wheel, did anyone here figure out anything about his immediate family?

Just struggling to find his parents. Lots of Cleveland Passafiumes, lot of NJ Passafiumes. I suppose he was living in Brooklyn on his own, but no way to tell. I'm hitting road blocks everywhere. Man, what I'd give for the 1950 census right about now :p

Check the 1940 census, you may find his parents and / or his parents with an infant.

Check the 1940 census, you may find his parents and / or his parents with an infant.

im going to have to guess a lot of things, I’m not even sure he was from Brooklyn. I’ve been looking though. He was born in 48-49 so he won’t be in it.

Frank S Passafiume
Birth Date: 1 Jun 1948
Address: 244 Troutman St
Residence Place: Brooklyn, New York, USA
Zip Code: 11237-2166

NAME: Frank Passafuime
BIRTH DATE: 6 Mar 1948
BIRTH PLACE: Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA
CERTIFICATE NUMBER: 11167

This could have been his father:
Name: Frank Passafiume
Social Security Number: 066-20-9299
Birth Date: 14 Oct 1925
Issue Year: Before 1951
Issue State: New York
Death Date: Jan 1972

Frank S Passafiume
Birth Date: 1 Jun 1948
Address: 244 Troutman St
Residence Place: Brooklyn, New York, USA
Zip Code: 11237-2166

NAME: Frank Passafuime
BIRTH DATE: 6 Mar 1948
BIRTH PLACE: Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA
CERTIFICATE NUMBER: 11167

This could have been his father:
Name: Frank Passafiume
Social Security Number: 066-20-9299
Birth Date: 14 Oct 1925
Issue Year: Before 1951
Issue State: New York
Death Date: Jan 1972
Thanks, Working on ruling them out. Will let you know.

1972 death Frank passafiume lived his entire life in Buffalo. While I’m not positive it rules him out, I’m adding him to a list.

@houndpounder I ruled him out, his son Frank R. Jr. was born in 1950 and is alive.

Question - if it shows his case was entered in 2013, does that mean in this case it was first reported in 2013? I’ve seen that happen … just wondering if that’s a good bet here..

NIC #U242646027

Basic Information

Race:
White
Sex: Male
Height: 5' 10" - 5' 11"
Weight: 130 pounds

Remains Found: 06/12/1976
1654526663367.png
Victim was wearing a beige cashmere pullover sweater, size 42, dark blue turtleneck sweater, blue jeans, brown leather Florsheim low boots, size 9 1/2, yellow bikini briefs. The victim wore a gold chain with two gold charms, an italian pepper and cornuto/good luck charm 'South of the Border'. He also carried a pocket knife.

The photographs above depict the facial reconstruction performed on the remains. The victim is believed to be of European descent and has extensive dental work.

If you have any information, please call:

New York State Police
Troop D, SP Oneida
(315) 366-6000

or e-mail the information to:
nysvicap@troopers.ny.gov

NIC #U242646027

Basic Information

Race:
White
Sex: Male
Height: 5' 10" - 5' 11"
Weight: 130 pounds

Remains Found: 06/12/1976
View attachment 348216
Victim was wearing a beige cashmere pullover sweater, size 42, dark blue turtleneck sweater, blue jeans, brown leather Florsheim low boots, size 9 1/2, yellow bikini briefs. The victim wore a gold chain with two gold charms, an italian pepper and cornuto/good luck charm 'South of the Border'. He also carried a pocket knife.

The photographs above depict the facial reconstruction performed on the remains. The victim is believed to be of European descent and has extensive dental work.

If you have any information, please call:

New York State Police
Troop D, SP Oneida
(315) 366-6000

or e-mail the information to:
nysvicap@troopers.ny.gov
Yea, that’s who I’ve been dealing with. I still think it’s Passafiume.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back