SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
No enemies? No privilege? If finding the killers of their relatives was the objective behind that interview, then honesty would have better served that purpose.

I hope that the local LE that spent the first 1 1/2 hours at that isolated crime scene…before the SLED team arrived… did their jobs by the book.

Passenger in Paul Murdaugh boat crash that killed Mallory Beach says he was framed as driver; alleges ‘conspiracy’ involving police

SABBM:

The deposition records show that Anthony Cook told Austin Pritcher, an officer with the S.C. Department of Natural Resources whose job was to “figure out who was driving the boat,” that Paul Murdaugh was driving it. <snip>

he report also states that Paul Murdauch denied driving the boat in his initial interview with Pritcher at the hospital after the crash, when Mallory Beach was still missing.

“Why do you need to know who was driving[?] That isn’t going to help find Mallory,” Murdaugh reportedly said when Pritcher asked who was driving the boat. “What if it was me driving the boat[?]”

According to the report, Anthony Cook told Pritcher that Paul Murdaugh was driving the boat in a conversation that was recorded on dashcam video — but Pritcher not include this disclosure in a statement about the inquiry.

I realize most of this info has already been shared in previous articles, but I wanted to link this one from CrimeOnline since there's no paywall issue.

If these bolded statements are true, they pretty much give the lie to the claim that none of the passengers knew who was driving the boat.

JMO.

Passenger in Paul Murdaugh boat crash that killed Mallory Beach says he was framed as driver; alleges ‘conspiracy’ involving police

SABBM:

“I put in my statement that Anthony said he didn’t know, but listening to that video if he told me Paul, I would only assume that I put down that he told me Paul,” Pritcher said at the deposition, according to the Island Packet. <snip>

The records shows that Connor Cook did initially tell police he didn’t know who was driving the boat, but said in a 2020 deposition that Paul Murdaugh was driving it. He also claimed that Paul’s father pressured him not to talk.

“Well, I was told for one by Alex Murdaugh that I didn’t need to tell anyone who was driving,” Cook reportedly said in the deposition.

"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark."

Beyond rotten, even.

It's positively putrid.

JMO.

{SBM}

Referencing article in quote:

SLED divers search river near Murdaugh property in double-homicide investigation | WSAV-TV

Investigators say they were found by Paul’s father and Maggie’s husband, Alex Murdaugh, as he returned from a walk.

So where was Alex M? Taking his father to the hospital, visiting his mother, out hunting or just taking a walk per this article?

That "iron clad alibi" is starting to look like a house of cards to me.

JMO
His "Iron clad alibi" is beginning to look like a multiple choice quiz. JMO

SABBM:

“I put in my statement that Anthony said he didn’t know, but listening to that video if he told me Paul, I would only assume that I put down that he told me Paul,” Pritcher said at the deposition, according to the Island Packet. <snip>

The records shows that Connor Cook did initially tell police he didn’t know who was driving the boat, but said in a 2020 deposition that Paul Murdaugh was driving it. He also claimed that Paul’s father pressured him not to talk.

“Well, I was told for one by Alex Murdaugh that I didn’t need to tell anyone who was driving,” Cook reportedly said in the deposition.

Beyond rotten, even.

It's positively putrid.

JMO.

Evidently all of that influence used by AM didn't work as PM was indicted and was about to be tried for 3 felony BUI counts including one causing the death of MB.

Quite a bombshell filing…

Cook believes law enforcement officers failed to conduct an appropriate investigation, according to the petition.

That failure includes the fact officers did not give Murdaugh a sobriety test and “other investigative irregularities,” according the filing. It led to the loss of evidence, the filing said.

( The LE officiers named). may “have information as to a ‘campaign’ to cloud the investigatory issues and disseminate false information in the community with the intention of misleading law enforcement and prosecution charging parties, and the public, into wrongly and falsely believing Connor Cook should be arrested and charged as the boat operator with multiple counts of Felony Boating Under the Influence,” the filing said.

Read more here: https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article252491453.html#storylink=cpy
i would have total glee to see good ole boys be taken down on this.

SABBM:

The deposition records show that Anthony Cook told Austin Pritcher, an officer with the S.C. Department of Natural Resources whose job was to “figure out who was driving the boat,” that Paul Murdaugh was driving it. <snip>

he report also states that Paul Murdauch denied driving the boat in his initial interview with Pritcher at the hospital after the crash, when Mallory Beach was still missing.

“Why do you need to know who was driving[?] That isn’t going to help find Mallory,” Murdaugh reportedly said when Pritcher asked who was driving the boat. “What if it was me driving the boat[?]”

According to the report, Anthony Cook told Pritcher that Paul Murdaugh was driving the boat in a conversation that was recorded on dashcam video — but Pritcher not include this disclosure in a statement about the inquiry.

I realize most of this info has already been shared in previous articles, but I wanted to link this one from CrimeOnline since there's no paywall issue.

If these bolded statements are true, they pretty much give the lie to the claim that none of the passengers knew who was driving the boat.

JMO.
The audacity of these words is just stunning to me...a cop's daughter.

The only way this type of disregard for police authority at age 19 occurs is when someone has grown up surrounded by fixers for everything. Back in the day, I knew three brothers, wild ones, always getting into illegal trouble, never meaningfully punished...police commissioner's sons. Only one made it to middle age and past. Other two went down the tubes.

The audacity of these words is just stunning to me...a cop's daughter.

The only way this type of disregard for police authority at age 19 occurs is when someone has grown up surrounded by fixers for everything. Back in the day, I knew three brothers, wild ones, always getting into illegal trouble, never meaningfully punished...police commissioner's sons. Only one made it to middle age and past. Other two went down the tubes.

The kid didn’t come up with that line on his own, IMO.

I get the sense that PM was deeply troubled, and he was for a long time. Might have been seen as a problem that needed to be taken care of, as horrific as it sounds, IMO.
I hadn’t read your post yet. Maybe he did come up with it on his own :)!

It's only been a month - <modsnip> it could take months for LE to put it all together.

As one example, think back to the Bart Whitaker case in Texas. IIRC, it took about a year and a half to arrest the shooter and about the same to find and charge Bart.

Solving things can take time but what is odd about this already odd case is there isn’t the typical follow up news. ‘It’s been 30 plus days, we are still looking at blah, blah, blah…talking to A, B and C, etc’. Combined with the unusual statements at the onset this just seems out of the ordinary.

Has the local news media aired follow ups?

Solving things can take time but what is odd about this already odd case is there isn’t the typical follow up news. ‘It’s been 30 plus days, we are still looking at blah, blah, blah…talking to A, B and C, etc’. Combined with the unusual statements at the onset this just seems out of the ordinary.

Has the local news media aired follow ups?

BBM

I would rather they wouldn't if the follow ups are just going to say "Sources told us .... "

More facts are needed like the reporting done on CC/AC/PM and boat accident coverup and not speculation from the media.
We all are perfect capable of speculating on our own.

Evidently all of that influence used by AM didn't work as PM was indicted and was about to be tried for 3 felony BUI counts including one causing the death of MB.

Indicted, yes…but let’s consider how his ‘day in court’ might have appeared to the locals….let’s see…no alcohol monitor bracelet, restriction on travel removed. Not even an overnight in jail. allowed to wear his civilian clothes in the mug shot taken in the hallway.

And what might they think the outcome of a trial would be, based on the evidence gathering we read about today…in the hands of one the most powerful, influential law firms in that state? Would this same judge that decided on no alcohol monitoring… be presiding?

Now we have another tragedy. For the first 1 1/2 hrs, some combination of AM, his attorney brother and another sibling, and local LE were on the scene….before SLED arrived. Information is locked down tight…except that information that the M brothers decide to provide to a national audience in an interview.

I just hope confidence can be restored by the way this investigation involving the M family is handled.

Indicted, yes…but let’s consider how his ‘day in court’ might have appeared to the locals….let’s see…no alcohol monitor bracelet, restriction on travel removed. Not even an overnight in jail. allowed to wear his civilian clothes in the mug shot taken in the hallway.

And what might they think the outcome of a trial would be, based on the evidence gathering we read about today…in the hands of one the most powerful, influential law firms in that state? Would this same judge that decided on no alcohol monitoring… be presiding?

Now we have another tragedy. For the first 1 1/2 hrs, some combination of AM, his attorney brother and another sibling, and local LE were on the scene….before SLED arrived. Information is locked down tight…except that information that the M brothers decide to provide to a national audience in an interview.

I just hope confidence can be restored by the way this investigation involving the M family is handled.

I can’t think of a recent case where the mugshot featured civilian clothing. I can think of a few with no mugshot, like Ghislaine Maxwell which is a different type of oddities but not any recent in civilian clothing. Preferential treatment is definitely a factor in the M family. While that doesn’t prove a guilty verdict it still sends the wrong message.

I can’t think of a recent case where the mugshot featured civilian clothing. I can think of a few with no mugshot, like Ghislaine Maxwell which is a different type of oddities but not any recent in civilian clothing. Preferential treatment is definitely a factor in the M family. While that doesn’t prove a guilty verdict it still sends the wrong message.

Lots of mugshots are taken in street clothes.

Florida Mugshots - Search Official Florida Mugshots

SABBM:

Beyond rotten, even.

It's positively putrid.

JMO.

Re: Michael Brock, a former investigator for the S.C. Department of Natural Resources: (Brock now works for SLED)

In the following article, it is also stated that "
"Brock would be pulled as the lead investigator on the case after he disclosed a conflict of interest — his wife worked for the Murdaugh family law firm of Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth, Detrick during law school."

"He said he also knew the Murdaughs from being from the area. He attended parties also attended by Alex Murdaugh, Paul’s father, and had visited the Murdaugh’s river house on several occasions."

The Post and Courier News Article (published 13 hours ago):
Lawyer wants to know if police shielded Paul Murdaugh in 2019 fatal boat crash case

"Brock said in a deposition he wrote Anthony Cook’s statement for him. Brock said he was uncertain whether he recorded Cook’s statement, and he did not mention his interview with Cook on his timeline of the case. "

"Brock’s statement of the interview was contradicted by a Parris Island police officer also present during the interview. The Parris Island police officer reported that Anthony Cook said that Paul Murdaugh drove the boat and “killed my girlfriend,” referring to Mallory Beach."

"Questioned about the Parris Island officer’s statement, Brock conceded in his deposition that Anthony Cook “could have” said those things in the interview."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members