Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
PC Wayne Couzens, 48, pleads guilty to Sarah Everard's murder | Daily Mail Online

"PC Wayne Couzens, 48, has this morning admitted murdering Sarah Everard after kidnapping her off the street and raping her in a terrifying ordeal.

The serving Metropolitan Police officer, appearing via video link from HMP Belmarsh, told the hushed Old Bailey he was guilty of deliberately killing her after the abduction and sex attack."

"Lord Justice Adrian Falford said: 'The defendant has pleaded guilty today to counts one and two of the indictment, the kidnap of Sarah Everard and the rape of Sarah Everard.

'Count three, the count of murder, has not been put to the defendant because medical reports are awaited in relation to that allegation - although the defendant accepts responsibility for the killing.'

Her body was found hidden in an area of woodland in Ashford, Kent, inside a large builder's bag and was formally identified through her dental records."

Heartbreaking for Sarah’s family and I’m so upset at the thought of what she went through but I’m also so heartbroken for his kids, they’re old enough to have an understanding of what’s going on. Their dad came home after committing the most heinous acts and they likely were hugging him etc having no clue what a monster he is, he’s absolutely destroyed their lives amongst so many others

PC Wayne Couzens, 48, pleads guilty to Sarah Everard's murder | Daily Mail Online

The Vauxhall drove to Tilmanstone in Kent.

'The white Vauxhall Astra is a hire car with Enterprise Car Hire in Dover.

WC collected the white Vauxhall Astra Wednesday 3 March 2021 at 16.45 and returned it at approximately 08.30 on 4 March 2021.

'On 2 March 2021 at 19.00 he started work at his base in Lille Road, West Brompton and worked a 12-hour shift. He then began a period of leave and was not due back at work until Monday 8 March.

'He disclosed that he had financial difficulties and he and his family were being threatened by a gang of Eastern Europeans,'

'He said that 2/3 weeks ago he had underpaid a prostitute (he usually meets them at Hotel Bursten or the Holiday Inn in Folkestone) and a gang with links to this prostitute told him that, as a consequence, he had to deliver them 'another girl'.

'They said that if he didn't, they would harm his family. He also detailed that that the gang had been watching him at his house.

'He said he kidnapped SE and drove her out of London. When he got between Ashford and Maidstone, he was flashed by a Mercedes Van with Romanian number plates.

'He pulled into a layby and three Eastern European men got out of the van and took SE. This was between 23.00 and 23.30 on 3 March 2021 and she was still alive and uninjured when he delivered her to the men. He gave a description of the men and a rough indication of the location of the exchange.
'Police established that WC and his wife purchased a small area of land in 2019.

'The woodland is off Fridd Lane in Ashford. This together with the phone data which will be briefly summarised, led to the area being designated as a crime scene.

'At about 16.45 on 10 March 2021 a body was discovered approximately 100 meters away from the area owned by WC. The body was in a large green builders' bag and deposited in a stream. As referred to, dental records have confirmed that this is the body of SE.'

On 28 February, he purchased a roll of self-adhesive film advertised as a carpet protector.

On 5 March Couzens was seen on CCTV at B&Q in Dover purchasing two green rubble bags

On 6 March the officer ordered a two metre by 2 metre tarpaulin and a bungee cargo net.

Ms Everard's phone has never been found.

Couzens' mobile was seized but it had been wiped of all data at 7.11pm on March 9.

Psychiatric reports are yet to be prepared, and Lord Justice Fulford said: 'This has been a mammoth investigation which has produced some very significant results to establish what happened.

https://twitter.com/BeccaBarry/status/1413435482655137795

Sentencing on 29th September

It’s so bleak. Not even in my wildest imagination did I really consider the depravity involved in the level of pre-meditation.

I was prepared to accept it was a sex-attack gone wrong. But the level of planning here is truly despicable. I imagine he’s going to be on a whole life tariff for this. I can only imagine his guilty plea is in an attempt to offer some level of contrition to maybe avoid this sentence. But I can’t see how. And this evidence they had was overwhelming. He really had no defence at all once she was found.

The total lack of attempts to conceal it all, too - buying stuff on Amazon, renting the car in his own name. Utterly brazen - he clearly thought he’d get away with the whole thing.

Makes you wonder what else he’s got away with previously to make him so confident…

The Vauxhall drove to Tilmanstone in Kent.

'The white Vauxhall Astra is a hire car with Enterprise Car Hire in Dover.

WC collected the white Vauxhall Astra Wednesday 3 March 2021 at 16.45 and returned it at approximately 08.30 on 4 March 2021.

'On 2 March 2021 at 19.00 he started work at his base in Lille Road, West Brompton and worked a 12-hour shift. He then began a period of leave and was not due back at work until Monday 8 March.

'He disclosed that he had financial difficulties and he and his family were being threatened by a gang of Eastern Europeans,'

'He said that 2/3 weeks ago he had underpaid a prostitute (he usually meets them at Hotel Bursten or the Holiday Inn in Folkestone) and a gang with links to this prostitute told him that, as a consequence, he had to deliver them 'another girl'.

'They said that if he didn't, they would harm his family. He also detailed that that the gang had been watching him at his house.

'He said he kidnapped SE and drove her out of London. When he got between Ashford and Maidstone, he was flashed by a Mercedes Van with Romanian number plates.

'He pulled into a layby and three Eastern European men got out of the van and took SE. This was between 23.00 and 23.30 on 3 March 2021 and she was still alive and uninjured when he delivered her to the men. He gave a description of the men and a rough indication of the location of the exchange.
'Police established that WC and his wife purchased a small area of land in 2019.

'The woodland is off Fridd Lane in Ashford. This together with the phone data which will be briefly summarised, led to the area being designated as a crime scene.

'At about 16.45 on 10 March 2021 a body was discovered approximately 100 meters away from the area owned by WC. The body was in a large green builders' bag and deposited in a stream. As referred to, dental records have confirmed that this is the body of SE.'

On 28 February, he purchased a roll of self-adhesive film advertised as a carpet protector.

On 5 March Couzens was seen on CCTV at B&Q in Dover purchasing two green rubble bags

On 6 March the officer ordered a two metre by 2 metre tarpaulin and a bungee cargo net.

Ms Everard's phone has never been found.

Couzens' mobile was seized but it had been wiped of all data at 7.11pm on March 9.

Psychiatric reports are yet to be prepared, and Lord Justice Fulford said: 'This has been a mammoth investigation which has produced some very significant results to establish what happened.

https://twitter.com/BeccaBarry/status/1413435482655137795

Sentencing on 29th September
So could the initial reluctance to plead guilty to murder whilst simultaneously admitting responsibility for her death be him hoping the Eastern European story might work?

The use of prostitutes is likely the only true part, IMO. Fits with the indecent exposure behaviour, too, which I’d assume has a longer history than we know.

Forensic examination of his devices will no doubt show a long history of violent *advertiser censored* use too.

There are so many red flags with men like this, and yet they are always consistently ignored.

The more I sit here and think about it the more utterly terrifying it is to think how easily he did it, ok he’s been caught but that doesn’t help Sarah. I live in London and I’ve not felt fear of being kidnapped whilst walking along a main road since I was about 10, I’ve maybe feared being assaulted whilst walking in back or quiet streets but not a main road.

The times thread is horrific.. the image of the pile of burning rubbish fits in to it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member